New Topic Respond to this Topic
PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 05:45 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 04:59 AM, CloudEater wrote: He was one of the people I pm'ed :) .... not sure if it'll help for someone else to message him too....
Also I just messaged another 11 people... lol... I didn't bother with some that didn't have a recent news post or submission or review or something.

Thanks for all the support CloudEater. I appreciate it ever so much. (Just because I use these words often doesn't make them insincere). I hope we continue to have such active members.

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 05:55 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 05:34 AM, Nerd-101 wrote: I'd like to join this li'l club, and would like to thank CloudEater for the PM.

That's alright :)

1. I usually support the Libs, but Tony Abbott...

I don't really pay too much attention to the governments.

2. Sports. AFL v RUGBY. Which is better? My vote.....

I also reckon AFL's better, I don't really go for a particular team both the SA one's really. I hate it how there's so much competition between Port and Crows fans here.

3. The Cricket. With Twenty20 seemingly here to sta.....

I don't really follow cricket much.

Also, did anyone else get burned out last year? We did, bu.....

Yea from what I heard a few people lost quite a lot.

By the way, anyone remember why Jan 26 is Oz Day, FROM MEMORY?

I have no idea what Australia day's actually for. I never even remember that it's coming....

At 1/26/10 05:45 AM, PabMo wrote:
At 1/26/10 04:59 AM, CloudEater wrote: He was one of the people I pm'ed :) .... not sure if it'll help for someone else to message him too....
Also I just messaged another 11 people... lol... I didn't bother with some that didn't have a recent news post or submission or review or something.
Thanks for all the support CloudEater. I appreciate it ever so much. (Just because I use these words often doesn't make them insincere). I hope we continue to have such active members.

Anytime PabMo. I plan to be on NG for many years to come. How long do you think you'll stay here?

KieranNG
KieranNG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 05:56 AM Reply

Plus we call them prawns and not shrimp.

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 05:57 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 04:40 AM, PabMo wrote:
At 1/26/10 04:22 AM, sushi13 wrote: As I've said before it's a great idea but could be really hard to pull it off due to distances and lack of Aussie members. It could be a damn long time before we get 20 people from each state in this club.
What I was meaning was separate meets in each state (I doubt the territories or Tasmania will have enough though). So if the number of members in a particular state reaches around 20 (or whatever number we could consider enough for a meet) we'll make arrangements. We'll join ACT and NSW together for a better chance.

Yeah I know you were talking about state meetups. It could still be a problem for a lot of people though, given the distances. Can you imagine someone from Broken Hill coming to a meetup in Sydney? Especially given the fact that lots of Newgrounders are quite young and would rely on either public transport or their parents to take them to places.
I don't want it to come across like I'm arguing with the idea of having meetups, I'm just thinking of the potential problems in the hope that we can organise things to make it accessible for as many people as possible.

I'm hoping that sometime in the near future there will be a large Australia meet with Tom and the admins. And you know it will be in Sydney cos everybody who comes to Australia comes to Sydney.
What a coincidence. You more or less live there. Well close.

I came to Australia when I was almost 22 and could choose exactly where in the country I wanted to go. I was hardly going to choose to live in the middle of nowhere. Besides, I'd been to Sydney a few times before and a few relatives and some people I knew live here. It just makes perfect sense.

At 1/26/10 05:34 AM, Nerd-101 wrote: Sorry to end this post on a downer near the end of the greatest day ever (Australia Day), but I didn't see it mentioned in the previous posts, so I thought it might be worth a mention. By the way, anyone remember why Jan 26 is Oz Day, FROM MEMORY?

I'm gonna be very controversial and admit to not even knowing what the reason for Australia day is. I didn't grow up in Australia so it's ok for me not to know.

PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 06:09 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 05:34 AM, Nerd-101 wrote: The first election I can vote in is approaching, and I don't like either of the main PM candidates.

You can vote for neither. As long as the name is signed off. You're alright.

2. Sports. AFL v RUGBY. Which is better?

I don't follow either of the sports but I'd still vote for AFL. I can almost stand to watch it sometimes.

At 1/26/10 05:40 AM, CloudEater wrote: No more stereotypical phrases please.

I was just about to post this. You read the rules I see.

I've never seen anyone cook a shrimp on a barbecue.

Neither have I to be honest. Seems kind of strange to do so. Then again I dislike most seafood.

Here's the signature for KieranNG. I've added a space between Kieran and NG because no lower case will ever be included. I can take it out if wanted. Boxing is on channel one now so I'll be back with a few more responses later. Who else likes boxing?

The Australian Club

Nerd-101
Nerd-101
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 06:19 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 05:57 AM, sushi13 wrote:
At 1/26/10 05:34 AM, Nerd-101 wrote: By the way, anyone remember why Jan 26 is Oz Day, FROM MEMORY?
I'm gonna be very controversial and admit to not even knowing what the reason for Australia day is. I didn't grow up in Australia so it's ok for me not to know.

Don't worry, no-one remembers it's the day Captain Cook and the First Fleet arrived in Australia for the first time in 1788 once they leave primary school. On an unrelated note, some pollies want more Australian History taught in schools. I can't imagine why.

Anyway, what's the deal with wanting the Aussie flag changed? I mean, I know it has the Union jack in the corner, but other than that, there's nothing specifically wrong with it, right?

Signature in progress.
Pray there isn't a strike in the meantime.

PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 07:11 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 05:55 AM, CloudEater wrote: I plan to be on NG for many years to come. How long do you think you'll stay here?

I'm not sure. But I hope I'm not on NG when I'm 30+. I'll guess like a decade at most. Becoming less and less active. But I'll visit like on an odd occasion after. Let's just wait and see.

At 1/26/10 06:19 AM, Nerd-101 wrote: What's the deal with wanting the Aussie flag changed?

I'm not sure. But I caught Dad designing a new one. He thinks there'll be a competition for one. Kind of weird.

PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 07:23 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 05:57 AM, sushi13 wrote: I don't want it to come across like I'm arguing with the idea of having meet-ups.

No no I understand the concern. I apologize for the confusion.

JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 07:25 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 05:55 AM, CloudEater wrote: I plan to be on NG for many years to come. How long do you think you'll stay here?

I think I'll be on Ng for a couple years now. . . After I finish school and go to uni, I'll probably become much less active and only visit every now and then to submit new games/moves and update things.

At 1/26/10 06:19 AM, Nerd-101 wrote: What's the deal with wanting the Aussie flag changed?

I haven't heard anyone talk about redesigning the flag. . . But I don't see the point in it, I like how it is now.

How does everyone feel about KevRudd green lighting the whole internet censorship thing?.
I'm not too worried about it becasue if he does go through with it, he won't last long being prime minister. I still think it's absolutely stupid though.

NDC: 2011 ~ Twitter ~ Artwork ~ ©JKA

BBS Signature
PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 07:35 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 07:25 AM, JKAmovies wrote: How does everyone feel about KevRudd green lighting the whole internet censorship thing?.

I think the decision should be made by someone who actually uses the internet.

JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 08:18 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 07:35 AM, PabMo wrote: I think the decision should be made by someone who actually uses the internet.

Haha. . . Yeah I agree.

PS: Changed my Sig to the Australian Crew one, Added a bit to it though, hope you don't mind :j

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 08:26 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 07:23 AM, PabMo wrote:
At 1/26/10 05:57 AM, sushi13 wrote: I don't want it to come across like I'm arguing with the idea of having meet-ups.
No no I understand the concern. I apologize for the confusion.

You have nothing to apologise for. I noticed that every time you've mentioned having a meetup my immediate comment is "it's gonna be really hard etc" and I figured I might be coming off as being against the idea so I thought I'd make it clear that I think it's a great idea and I'm not just being a miserable bastard.

At 1/26/10 07:25 AM, JKAmovies wrote: How does everyone feel about KevRudd green lighting the whole internet censorship thing?.

I think he's an idiot. It's my understanding that the legislation regarding it has yet to pass and almost certainly wont because so many people are against it. This was certainly the situation a couple of months ago and I haven't heard of it changing.
And because the list of censored sites has been leaked onto the internet, which is greatly ironic in my opinion, all the paedophiles and other twisted assholes in the world have basically been provided with a directory of some of the most depraved websites out there. The way I look at it the Australian government have been promoting sexual deviancy. Which is nice.

PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 09:10 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 08:18 AM, JKAmovies wrote: PS: Changed my sig to the Australian Club one. Added a bit to it though, hope you don't mind :j

No that's fine I like how the flags are now. You could have asked for me to make one though. Like this.

The Australian Club

RubberNinja
RubberNinja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 01:34 PM Reply

How about that Perth place?

Nothing to do there.

At all.

axlisbak
axlisbak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 07:43 PM Reply

forgot about the hottest 100 doh, who won?

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 08:08 PM Reply

At 1/26/10 07:43 PM, axlisbak wrote: forgot about the hottest 100 doh, who won?

Little Iron Man. Great song.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
ParadoxVoid
ParadoxVoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Programmer
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 08:11 PM Reply

At 1/26/10 08:08 PM, ParadoxVoid wrote:
At 1/26/10 07:43 PM, axlisbak wrote: forgot about the hottest 100 doh, who won?
Little Iron Man. Great song.

LittleLion Man that should be...

Just was thinking about when Iron Man 2 is supposed to be released :P

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC
Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature
Jamesrahh
Jamesrahh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 08:36 PM Reply

good morning :D

how is everyone after their australia day?

mm.. HI

BBS Signature
Who-Face
Who-Face
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 10:12 PM Reply

At 1/26/10 08:36 PM, Jamesrahh wrote: good morning :D

how is everyone after their australia day?

Drunk and high

Nah just messing with ya i had fun a clean sober night.

Where no one spoke English in my family

BBS Signature
bifgis
bifgis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 10:48 PM Reply

I'm watching "Australia" with Nicole Kidman, and Hugh Jackman. That kind of counts, right?

Magyar
Magyar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 10:59 PM Reply

Australia?

JKAmovies
JKAmovies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Artist
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 26th, 2010 @ 11:04 PM Reply

At 1/26/10 09:10 AM, PabMo wrote: No that's fine I like how the flags are now. You could have asked for me to make one though. Like this.

That's alright, thanks anyway man :)

At 1/26/10 08:36 PM, Jamesrahh wrote: how is everyone after their australia day?

Pretty tired -.-

BBS Signature
Funkyfists
Funkyfists
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:28 AM Reply

Sure, i'll join but i'm not technically Australian yet :P

I'm becoming a citizen in June, as i've already been confirmed.

I finally actually put "another shrimp on the barbie" on Australia day :)

Btw, why are there Australia haters??? WHAT DID WE DO? Seriously, hating a country is ridiculour to begin with, but what could people possibly hate on Australia for??

My dad has traveled the world and he still says Canberra is the best place to live...

BBS Signature
Sexual-Lobster
Sexual-Lobster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 18
Animator
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:37 AM Reply

hey dudes

happy invasion day for yesterday

cast
cast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:56 AM Reply

I just come here to masturbate, because I know I'm surrounded by hotness and roo fuckers.

The majority of my e-friends have turned out to be Australian, I love you guys.

c̴a̶s̴t̷

BBS Signature
vortexphoton
vortexphoton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:57 AM Reply

Australians are the coolest :D even tho i dont live there....Accent pwns

vortexphoton
vortexphoton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Audiophile
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 12:58 AM Reply

At 1/27/10 12:56 AM, cast wrote: I just come here to masturbate, because I know I'm surrounded by hotness and roo fuckers.

wow thats weird

Jamesrahh
Jamesrahh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 01:09 AM Reply

sounds like mostly everyone had a good australia day... and watching the movie doesn't count :P

mm.. HI

BBS Signature
cast
cast
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 02:17 AM Reply

At 1/27/10 12:58 AM, vortexphoton wrote:
At 1/27/10 12:56 AM, cast wrote: I just come here to masturbate, because I know I'm surrounded by hotness and roo fuckers.

wow thats weird

Suck a homely Aborigines grotesque cave cock. You're a disgrace to all Australians. I hope a drop bear stops in for a visit and feasts on your entire family, but gives you special care by regurgitating and shitting down your throat before ripping your head off and using it as a butt plug.

The Australian Club

c̴a̶s̴t̷

BBS Signature
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Australian Club Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 02:21 AM Reply

At 1/26/10 05:40 AM, CloudEater wrote: No more stereotypical phrases please.
I was just about to post this. You read the rules I see.

hehe, yea.... I definitely didn't forget about the rules when I said that...

At 1/26/10 07:25 AM, JKAmovies wrote:
I think I'll be on Ng for a couple years now. . . After I finish school and go to uni, I'll probably become much less active and only visit every now and then to submit new games/moves and update things.

I had the idea that i'd be just as active during my uni years. Does anyone else feel all sad when you think about how in several years many of the regs that you know now probably wont be around?? It really bugs me for some reason.
I'm in my last year of school now, so I'm probably not going to be posting much because of all the work and stuff. I'm not really sure how hard it's going to be

At 1/26/10 10:59 PM, Magyar wrote: Australia?

I agree

At 1/27/10 02:17 AM, cast wrote:
At 1/27/10 12:58 AM, vortexphoton wrote:
wow thats weird
Suck a homely Aborigines grotesque cave cock. You're a disgrace to all Australians. I hope a drop bear stops in for a visit and feasts on your entire family, but gives you special care by regurgitating and shitting down your throat before ripping your head off and using it as a butt plug.

So you were demodded ey?? I don't see why they would demod you...