00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kawishinto just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

No more Supersize Mcdonalds

3,111 Views | 29 Replies

No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 18:37:54

http://story.news.yahoo.com/ne...303/hl_nm/leisure_mcdonalds_dc

Ugh, even though I don't eat at MCdonalds this is still stupid.

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 18:40:20

cgbkfkh!

http://tinyurl.com/2ueso

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 18:40:34

Your link just sends me to the front page of yahoo.

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 18:42:35

But the second one works. Thanks.

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 18:42:58

At 3/3/04 06:40 PM, Earfetish wrote: Your link just sends me to the front page of yahoo.

Just scroll down to the Mcdonald's news...

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 18:48:10

Who gos to mcdonalds to eat healthy and "watch" your calories?

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 18:51:04

I dont care I joined a gym so I am going to eat healthy from now on.

I Posted The Millionth Post

And Created The Hundred Thousandth Thread

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 18:52:49

Here's an idea.. If you don't want it supersized because you think it's unhealthy for you.... DON'T ASK TO SUPERSIZE IT. It's the person's choice if they want it or not. It's kind of obvious that more food = more fat content.

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 18:59:45

At 3/3/04 06:52 PM, TheJoe324 wrote: Here's an idea.. If you don't want it supersized because you think it's unhealthy for you.... DON'T ASK TO SUPERSIZE IT. It's the person's choice if they want it or not. It's kind of obvious that more food = more fat content.

but i think it also has to do with that movie called "super-size me" or some shit like that,where that one guy lived on mcdonlads for a month and he was having kidney failure and gained 30 pounds

If you dont stand for something,you'll fall for anything

BBS Signature

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 19:04:28

Getting rid of the Super-size wont ahceive anything, people will just purchase 2 regular meals instead, or a large meal with something to follow. It will just annoy people because of the lack of convenience thats all

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 19:05:05

At 3/3/04 06:48 PM, Normthegreat wrote: Who gos to mcdonalds to eat healthy and "watch" your calories?

Bingo. It's like ordering a Big Mac, large fries and then a diet coke to make it healthy. It doesn't work. Personally, I barely noticed supersize in the UK - saw it for about six months c. 2001 and that was it. If I want more with my meal, I'll get a hamburger with it.

Hasn't there already been some lawsuits with people suing McDonalds, KFC et al for making them fat?

I'm not talking about the fucking morons who sued McDonalds because they burnt themselves with coffee, not realising that the hot drink they ordered might actually be hot. Scary that the law's being used to seemingly eliminate Darwinian principles :-)

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 21:44:53

Here is a game that makes fun of one of the morons who sued McDonald's for making him fat.

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 21:49:07

You have to understand that some people just can't resist. I think McDonald is trying hard to not lose their custumers by making "healthy" choices for their menus, like their salads and their "real chicken" chicken nuggets.

Its just another ploy to get people to come eat there without having a guilty conscience.

BBS Signature

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 22:54:19

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i love to get my meal supersized! damn u fat asses! just to let you know im not fat, i just have a high metabolism and play soccer a lot. I WANT MY SUPERSIZE!

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-03 22:59:39

Subway > Burger King > McD's > Pizza Hut > Whimpy > joo

The worst member.

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 07:52:45

At 3/3/04 10:59 PM, MacBeth- wrote: Subway > Burger King > McD's > Pizza Hut > Whimpy > joo

Hmmm, I do like subs. They are good. But I'm more of a chicken guy and I like the chicken at McDonald's better than Burger King. Also, the french fries seem to be better at Mc Donald's. Wendy's is also pretty good.

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 07:56:33

Quiznos>Subway > Burger King > McD's > Pizza Hut > Whimpy > joo

The spoon didn't make Rosie O'Donald fat so why should it anyone else?

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 09:32:44

They have supersizes in Australia, but I don't think they are anywhere near the American ones.

From what I've seen, Australia seem to have the largest "healthy" menu - with the exception of salads... America have the greatest selection of salads.

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 09:46:56

At 3/3/04 10:54 PM, TWiZTiDjECkYL wrote: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i love to get my meal supersized! damn u fat asses! just to let you know im not fat, i just have a high metabolism and play soccer a lot. I WANT MY SUPERSIZE!

its "arses" and "football" not soccer but i understand what u mean

neway what football team do u support

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 09:50:49

"These include a planned national launch of a Happy Meal for adults called Go Active! which comes with advice from a fitness expert."

Advice from my fitness expert, DON'T GO TO MC'DONALDS!

BBS Signature

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 10:10:53

I was of victim of McDonalds once...but I started working out and BOOM thinner than ever!!!

You're my banana

BBS Signature

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 10:32:45

At 3/4/04 09:46 AM, InvincibleWeapon1 wrote: its "arses" and "football" not soccer but i understand what u mean

NG is America based. You lose, limey.

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 10:37:56

NG is America based. You lose, limey.

I apologise on behalf of the UK NG users :P That was lame what he said.

The worst member.

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 11:27:51

Yes it was about time they removed that from the menu. The only way that was good for anyone is that if you ordered two cheeseburgers, you can split the super sized drink and fries. All that for one person is too much. Its time for McDonalds to make a change because the world is doing the same. Get fit and stay healthy is the trend get ready and get use to it..............

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 11:42:44

I bet that if people could afford it, they'd eat until they exploded.

-Janus

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 11:58:21

At 3/4/04 11:42 AM, Janus wrote: I bet that if people could, they'd eat until they exploded.

-Janus

Much like dogs would.

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 12:04:22

stupid fat people. just cause they are too lazy to watch what they eat or exercise, they take away MY supersize fries. they just cant stand the fact that skinny people like me can eat all we want and not get fat. second mcdonalds has been adding more "healthy" items, so it shows how pathetic those people are.

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 12:15:13

Maybe the fatasses are going to just have to order two larges instead of one supersized bag of lard.

-Janus

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 13:17:34

At 3/3/04 06:40 PM, GoldenClock wrote: I also think it's rather stupid. If people don't know how to stop eating, it's their fault.

I agree!

Response to No more Supersize Mcdonalds 2004-03-04 14:21:54

At 3/3/04 09:49 PM, -poxpower- wrote: You have to understand that some people just can't resist. I think McDonald is trying hard to not lose their custumers by making "healthy" choices for their menus, like their salads and their "real chicken" chicken nuggets.

Its just another ploy to get people to come eat there without having a guilty conscience.

Indeed it is. And it'll probably help profit-wise, too. Since if someone's intent upon eating a shitload at McDonald's, they'll just order two meals now instead of supersizing one.

What everyone has to realise is that health isn't a personal thing, it's a worldwide thing. And when it comes to national governments, they look at the health of their populace as a whole. Even though at the individual level, a person's choice to eat more or less food, or for that matter, to be eating at such an unhealthy place to begin with... that's all a personal choice and everything... to the gov't, it's about making sure the whole country doesn't get obese. And at a certain level, that means taking the choice away from people. Even though whatever you want to do to yourself is your decision, the gov't's interests may collide with yours, and thus the gov't, while not exactly deciding for you, is trying to steer you in the direction better for them.

Unless, of course, the industry killing the country has a huge lobby in Washington D.C. as is the case with the sugar industry.

All the people talking about how unhealthy fast food is, BTW... sugar alone is the main reason for how fat this nation is. And I don't mean just in soft drinks, I mean in everything. All attempts to set an appropriate daily recommended level of sugar has been met with silencing by the sugar lobby. And thus diabetes and obesity increases.

Fun fun fun!

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature