New Topic Respond to this Topic
LBRocker
LBRocker
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-03 06:36:20 Reply

Indigo Prophecy. Even though it opened us up to the "choose your character's morals" aspect, which is used in goddamned fallout 3, it was still a very unappreciated game banished to obscurity.

GrandFunkPoobah
GrandFunkPoobah
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-03 07:30:02 Reply

Okay....you guys have just listed half of my games library....so apparently I love underrated games...but if I had to choose, it would be the Steambot Chronicles on the PS2. An amazing little game from Atlus games (My fave developer) It was cute and fun and had multiple endings....very entertaining.

TMdrummer
TMdrummer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-03 10:23:35 Reply

Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Reflex...

The only reason why it got a bad review is because the graphics are not as good as MW for xbox or ps3. OF COURSE NOT!!!! Its a wii game and wii obviously will never have good enough graphics as the aforementioned consoles. If the reviewers would have compared it to OTHER wii shooting games and not its HD counterpart, it would have a great review. It is virtually everything HD MW is and a maybe a little more. The controls are not that great to start with but thats why there customizable, and i mean completely customizable, so customizable that you can program gestures into your control scheme. Other than that, the online multiplayer is the best I've seen on wii. Take COD MW2's multiplayer, dull it down a tiny bit (as in the absence of some weapons and equipment) and you have reflex's online. The only thing i don't like about it is the absence of wii speak...

Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

BBS Signature
FairSquare
FairSquare
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-03 17:42:38 Reply

Driver 3

This game is full of glitches, the graphics are pretty bad, the walking and shooting is stiff and the artificial intelligence is incompetent.
However, i had so much fun with this game. It's a really bad game, but when you just accept all the errors it has it's just so fun to play.

Example of my singing here

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-03 17:43:42 Reply

Donkey Kong 3. Wasn't that bad. It was just different from the first two games.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-05 04:52:10 Reply

Posting this again here because the other thread was locked and redirected:

I really enjoyed Silent Hill: Homecoming although it gets a lot of flak from hardcore SH fans for numerous reasons, which I can understand and agree with to an extent. I just can't jump on the bandwagon and dislike a game because it's not as good as other games in the series. If a game is entertaining that's good enough for me.

By the way I love most of the games you guys mentioned. I really believe that you shouldn't judge a game by either what other people say or by how it compares to other games in a series. Every game deserves to be judged on its own merits and considering that you play a game for entertainment purposes I think if a game is fun to play and can hold my interest that's enough positive aspects for me to consider it a good game.

Letiger
Letiger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Melancholy
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-05 06:37:01 Reply

At 1/3/10 06:36 AM, LBRocker wrote: Indigo Prophecy. Even though it opened us up to the "choose your character's morals" aspect, which is used in goddamned fallout 3, it was still a very unappreciated game banished to obscurity.

Good think I already said that in this topic. So who won? Purple, orange, Lucas? And who really were the purple clan. We'll never know withought a sequel.

BBS Signature
chi-master08
chi-master08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Programmer
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-05 08:08:16 Reply

Before I actually give reasons why I like it, does anybody remember Advent Rising?

Catching Fire, starring Paul Walker

junkietomato
junkietomato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-05 09:58:23 Reply

Dead Head Fred.

It didn't got HALF the recognition it deserved. Fucking Dr. Cox is the voice actor of the main character. Srsly, if you own a PSP buy Dead Head Fred!

DO IT NOW.

Douchey opinionated signature goes here

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-05 10:55:59 Reply

At 1/5/10 09:58 AM, junkietomato wrote: Dead Head Fred.

It didn't got HALF the recognition it deserved. Fucking Dr. Cox is the voice actor of the main character. Srsly, if you own a PSP buy Dead Head Fred!

We should buy it just because of one voice actor?

What a compelling argument.
MEPHILIS1337
MEPHILIS1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-05 12:50:25 Reply

At 1/5/10 10:55 AM, Lagamuffin wrote: We should buy it just because of one voice actor?

Phil Hartman was the fucking voice actor for Blasto.

PHIL HARTMAN

PS3 ID: MEPHILIS

If you're using a sniper rifle, it's called sniping. When you're NOT using a sniper rifle, it's called camping.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-05 12:53:48 Reply

At 1/5/10 12:50 PM, MEPHILIS1337 wrote:
PHIL HARTMAN

So I should get a very obscure game which I might not like because of TWO Voice Actors?

This arguement is getting alot more interesting.
junkietomato
junkietomato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-05 13:04:55 Reply

At 1/5/10 10:55 AM, Lagamuffin wrote: We should buy it just because of one voice actor?
What a compelling argument.

DERP NO.
But the game has an awesome plot, clever gameplay and the dialogue is kind of funny.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-05 13:09:28 Reply

At 1/5/10 01:04 PM, junkietomato wrote:
But the game has an awesome plot, clever gameplay and the dialogue is kind of funny.

Now you're putting forward qualities I actually look for in a game, not just some fucking voice actor who has a big part in the game.

If all you have in an argument is voice actors, I'll probably start doubting the game being any good.

junkietomato
junkietomato
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-05 13:17:27 Reply

At 1/5/10 01:09 PM, Lagamuffin wrote: Now you're putting forward qualities I actually look for in a game, not just some fucking voice actor who has a big part in the game.

If all you have in an argument is voice actors, I'll probably start doubting the game being any good.

Nah of course not, I just didn't want to spoil it. Some people might think it's bad or it's broken in some way but I think they just don't get the game.

MEPHILIS1337
MEPHILIS1337
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-06 22:25:39 Reply

At 1/5/10 12:53 PM, Lagamuffin wrote: So I should get a very obscure game which I might not like because of TWO Voice Actors?

It was a joke. There were actually people who said the game was worth it because of Phil Hartman's voice.

But seriously though, Blasto was a lot of fun.

PS3 ID: MEPHILIS

If you're using a sniper rifle, it's called sniping. When you're NOT using a sniper rifle, it's called camping.

CaptainHash
CaptainHash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-17 14:46:51 Reply

Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon >.> It got like a 3 from Gameinformer. It is buggy but it is also a good game (to me). All the DAH! games are good and everyone should play atleast one of them. I also loved Kane & Lynch. The story was great (even if outrageous at times, ex. That huge ass dump truck!) and so was the online even if it did die out quickly.

Most Misunderstood Game?

Try this out, Thanks =D
V V V

BBS Signature
CaptainHash
CaptainHash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-17 14:51:41 Reply

By the way... I haven't heard of anyone bashing Indigo Prophecy. Amazing game... Except for that flashback when your a boy in the army base and when your in the basement of the police station looking for files. The story really gets to you after playing =) . Just looked it up and Metacritic's lowest score for it is the PS2 version with an 83.

Try this out, Thanks =D
V V V

BBS Signature
CaptainHash
CaptainHash
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-17 14:53:52 Reply

At 1/5/10 08:08 AM, chi-master08 wrote: Before I actually give reasons why I like it, does anybody remember Advent Rising?

I loved that game!!!!! it's to bad Majesco won't give over the rights to the developers... I really want to see the trilogy be completed... Same with TOO HUMAN.

Try this out, Thanks =D
V V V

BBS Signature
levusbevus
levusbevus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-17 15:04:31 Reply

At 1/1/10 05:57 PM, BenelliM4 wrote: Stuff about Red Steel.

If you get past the fact that the sword fighting is shit, then yes Red Steel was solid fun.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-17 15:08:54 Reply

Army of Two: 40th Day, is misunderstood.

They say the controls are clunky and unresponsive, but honestly, it's just because the reviewers sucked at playing it. It's a difficult game. It requires strategic decisions beyond what we were doing in the first game. The game is greatly enhance when playing with a trusted buddy. My brother is pretty shit at the game, but he does draw enough attention for me to flank the big guys with big guns. Riot shields are much more useable with the ability to use your pistol with them.

There are more primary and special weapons in this game, but a shortage of sidearms. I'm only on Chapter 3. But I see only three of them. Sure, more weapons appear in the shop as you go on. But if there's no revolver or machine pistol, I'll be pissed. You see, gun lovers will love this game, but at the same time, they'll feel cheated. None of the guns are all too stylish besides the desert eagle.

Anyway, the game doesn't suffer any of the problems that I've read about in the Gameinformer review that gave the game a 6.5.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-17 16:21:45 Reply

If by misunderstood you mean, hard to understand...

Assassins Creed II.

SoulMaster71
SoulMaster71
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Movie Buff
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-17 17:16:47 Reply

Some people talk shit about Shadow the Hedgehog. Granted, yeah, the darker tone is unexpected from a Sonic game, and the gun mechanics suck ass. Other than that, it's no worse than Sonic Heroes though, perhaps even better. Also, the ultimate example of this would have to be ET for Atari 2600. I've played far worse than that. Sure, it DID kill the industry, and it proved that games made for recent movies would never be quite as good as other games of the period, but its badness is completely overrated.

kidd25
kidd25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-17 17:22:20 Reply

sonic heros. sure the game is made by sonic company, but the story is good since there like four and all in all who doesn´t want to play as the machine sonic which i could never get. controls work was ok, graphics were in its time, the music was nicely done.

BBS Signature
JasonBoer
JasonBoer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-17 17:31:54 Reply

At 1/17/10 02:46 PM, CaptainHash wrote: Destroy All Humans: Path of the Furon

Fuck off. The first one aspired to mediocrity. The rest have been shitty.

Gameinformer gave it like a 3

FOR GOOD FUCKING REASON

HomicidialFrog
HomicidialFrog
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-17 20:34:55 Reply

Assassin's creed 2's story.

Stupid people automatically think the ending sucks because they don't get it, because the story is too "complicated and weird", even though that makes it 10000000x better than anything I've ever seen.

The story is well-written and it doesn't insult my Intelligience, because you have to think about it all for to make sense.

War is Peace.
Freedom is Slavery.
Ignorance is Strength.

Zoraxe7
Zoraxe7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-17 20:47:56 Reply

Ecco the dolphin, the Tides of Time.

Its strange and awesome.

and by strange, I mean WTF

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature
Androu1
Androu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-17 22:53:21 Reply

At 1/2/10 05:23 AM, NightmareOmega wrote: Radiata Stories

That one sounds really good, mate. Immah check it.

I also agree with everyone that says Fahrenheit, loved that game. I've been thinking about giving it some replays lately.

As for the ones I consider misunderstood/underrated, I would say Way of the Samurai (PS2/PS3/Xbox360) series and Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble (PSP).

In Way of the Samurai series, you're a samurai which does pretty much what you want. The graphics are pretty good, the gameplay is fun and the music is awesome. The story is fine too. The games are pretty short, but there are many endings depending on your actions.

Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble. You're a badass on a school trip. You decide to beat a buncha other badasses (banchos) up to prove that you are THE ultimate badass. The graphics are kinda crap, yes, but the gameplay is addicting, the game is hilarious, the story is silly, there's a lot of customization and you level up and unlock new moves and shit. It's a brawler, it's short and it's awesome.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Most Misunderstood Game? 2010-01-18 16:09:16 Reply

Conker's Bad Fur Day. Not nearly as raunchy and obscene as it was made out to be.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature