00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Updates, Volunteerism, etc...

21,172 Views | 199 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 02:34:43

i live in cleveland
if your willing to come get me ill help
cleveland aint that far

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 02:43:03

What about us in sweden?

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 02:47:08

I'm about an hour east, right on the shore. I'd have no problem getting there to help out.

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 02:47:54

lol, im glad that Ah is nearly finished... thats always good. but i cant say much about 'being in the area'. lol, is australia in the area??

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 03:04:34

Right now, you could ask me to marry you and Id say yes =)

lol - just joking.

Just say whateva it is were doing, and ill b there

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 06:26:21

Yay!!! some Australians here ON a political discussion board!!! ive found my perfect forum ...as u can see...im Asutralian..so while my sentiment is with you...sorry

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 06:59:23

I am not in the Philly area but I would help if I was.

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 07:04:15

i could quote another post but i'm a bit tired to look, i am somewhat in the area. i'm in Jersey, but its still about 2 hours maybe possibly more. but like someone previously mentioned there is a lot of minors who visit the site but also a lot of unknown people but fact is even though there may be some suporters who are around but not so close as to come by souly on their own power. also some people don't really mind to inter-twine their online life with their offline life...i met a 33 year old woman who lives half way across the country who has a daughter a year older then me, i was just messin' around next thing ya know i get a call from the woman and i was a bit scared.

sorry for drifting but i'm sorry to say i don't think i can help.

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 07:09:34

I'd love to help but I live quite a few miles away from there....about 2000?

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 07:18:38

I don't live close to Philly, but if you did something in my area i might show up, but since i think i'm the only person from southern indiana who is a BBS regular, i guess i wouldn't have many others to help. ;)

But the idea is cool. Maybe if you did something that would be more unbiased to location then you would get more people. But i can't think of any mass service projects that anyone can do...

I could surely die

If I only had some pie

Club-a-Club Club, son

BBS Signature

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 07:20:29

At 3/2/04 07:18 AM, Star_CIeaver wrote: I don't live close to Philly, but if you did something in my area i might show up, but since i think i'm the only person from southern indiana who is a BBS regular, i guess i wouldn't have many others to help. ;)

I guess i shouldn't say BBS regular....i always forget that more than just BBS goers can see these posts, since they are on the front page....

I could surely die

If I only had some pie

Club-a-Club Club, son

BBS Signature

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 08:02:40

I will only help if Wade shaves his eyebrows off.

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 08:21:55

At 3/2/04 01:19 AM, shade_v2 wrote: [We'll cross our fingers and hope it's for the better.]

bollocks to that, down with capitalism!!!11uno

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 08:34:30

At 3/2/04 12:36 AM, IceStalker wrote: I am all for cleaning the environment but im in Canada so i cant.

Same here... I'd help if I could, but I live in Montreal, and I'm underaged so driving has been ruled out.

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 08:49:20

Yes, I am interested Tom; and yes, I do live in the Philadelphia area :)

Every once in very great while comes a ridiculously funny thread. So funny in fact i must put it into my sig http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1049194/1

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 09:12:49

At 3/2/04 02:32 AM, Anti_Chameleon wrote: And whatever happened to your idea to rent out a wearhouse as office space? How's that coming along?

I still call about places and keep an eye out for locations, but I haven't been rushing it. Once Alien Hominid is done, I will have a lot more time to dedicate to finding the right place. Also, there is a looming "re-architecture" of Newgrounds on the horizon - I'm talking complete hardware overhaul - and it will potentially cost as much as a house. Booo...

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 09:17:52

Sounds like an idea.I'm not really near the Philly area but lord knows I could use a vacation anyway.I've spent time in the Philly area so I'd like doing a little "beautification."I travel a lot anyway so set a date and I'll be down for it if I'm in the area.
-Litter Warrior A.K.A. Mr. Kleen

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 09:45:02

dude, I cant fucking wate for alian humanoid 2 (but who fucking cares :p)

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 10:03:52

At 3/2/04 08:49 AM, Toocool100 wrote: Yes, I am interested Tom; and yes, I do live in the Philadelphia area :)

Yeah what he said,Northeast Philly by Cottman Ave where that gayass catholic school is ummmm St. Matthew School yeah its gay and catholic and why am I going on like this I bet noone will even read this post because its gay and stupid like the rest of MY posts not the posts on this account before it was given to me PHILLY RULES YEAH(if anybody lives close to the school I said or just that street I said hit me up on aim sometime and maybe we could like meet or something my s/n is xxphatbolxx and I can't change my gayass password for some reason its gay.)

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 10:41:30

Hey Tom I'm in Allentown, PA and I'd love to help you guys out with shit like that E-mail me anytime It'd be awesome to meet you guys. -naphoria2k2@yahoo.com-

Do not react; anticipate.

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 11:08:11

Hey I not only live in philly but would like to help and maybe get others involved. I have been sending this site to freinds and family since the first day I was on it. I check here everyday and would like to give something back not only to new grounds but to my or any other comunity. Hey fill me in and let me know whats going on would love to help.

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 11:13:21

Yo I was wondering I have seen tons of poeple in other states and other area's if we have ah ng day and have all the fans from all over do something in there states and maybe show some sort od support to ng in there own way you know could you imagine all the poeple that like ng all over the world showing support in some way to this site well just ah thought

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 11:17:48

At 3/2/04 01:26 AM, SlowBro wrote: Wow Tom's Text is the whitest and brightest of them all :)

Hmm... could it be by his text being so white and ours looking kinda grungy mean that the people at NG think they are clean and pure, and the rest of us are dirty little maggots? Just something to ponder over...

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 11:23:34

But, yeah, the whole cleaning up thing is a great idea. I dont live by philly, but still, even if I did, i would love to help. and since you probably are way to busy to do an 'On The Road' clean up quest, i wont even ask.

Oh, check this out. Last night, i was babysitting my cuz Bubba, right? (His real name's riley, i always call him Bubba) And i showed him NG and all it's glory... and this is now his favorite website of all time. :-D Hmm... maybe I should set up a NG clean up project here in Minnesota... I'll think about it once i get settled in my new school.

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 11:28:39

I don't think Tom really wants to help the community, he just wants some free publicity for newgrounds by which he can pimp out his AH game. for shame tom, for shame

you could always make the game anti-semitic, and get millions in free pubilicty like PotC without using innocent n00bs for your demented parlor games

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 12:32:13

Wish i could :( i live in canada but right beside michigan:D

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 14:28:42

I don't live anywhere near Philly, or even in the US. But I will say that its far easier to get up and do something when there are lots of other people there than just to go out on your own street on your own with a rubbish bag picking up litter.

Seems like a good idea.

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 14:44:20

At 3/2/04 09:12 AM, TomFulp wrote: Also, there is a looming "re-architecture" of Newgrounds on the horizon - I'm talking complete hardware overhaul - and it will potentially cost as much as a house. Booo...

Wow, that's pretty expensive. Also, I'd probably help put, but Canada is too far away for me...

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 15:10:08

i would, but i live in ny, so i can't! i'm worthless, worthless! ^^
cool idea though, mayb you could just have fellow NGers do their own thing in their own states? just all on the same day, and when everything is over with, the "head honcho" of each state, could post the results of what happened, and such... just so everyone can help, not just people in philly. but... if you hold this in about 2 years, when i can afford a car, i'll be there!

Response to Updates, Volunteerism, etc... 2004-03-02 15:26:27

Depending on what Volunteer jobs are. I have no ability in Flash, I cant webdesign, I have no life, so it seems like im quite cut out for slave labor! But seriously, I do need the comunity service hours (20 or so). I live in Philly, so just drop me a email.
fury67@comcast.net