00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Xantor's Art Lounge

712 Views | 5 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Xantor's Art Lounge 2009-12-21 10:41:43

Hey guys! The reason I opened this thread is to show off my latest piece. I worked really hard on this, but I'm still not scouted.
If someone could scout me I'd be really thankful. You can go to my Art gallery to watch my other stuff as well (and a high quality version of this piece).

Xantor's Art Lounge

Response to Xantor's Art Lounge 2009-12-21 11:17:52

As for individuality goes on the body parts, it's fine, but you need to practice on your proportions, the head is huge and they look like T-Rexes and at the bottom, the legs start getting really small.

Human Height = Head x 7.5

Besides from that, what program are you using?

Response to Xantor's Art Lounge 2009-12-21 17:20:55

Thanks you very much for your feedback. As for some parts I noticed the big anatomical mistakes, but didn't care too much because I was already in the colouring process and it would have been extremely time-consuming to fix this. As for other parts... Yeah I'm not perfect ;)

What bothers me the most are the hands. Those tiny hands and arms... I really screwed up the anatomy on that one.
I still like it. With the amount of work involved, I have to :D

I'm using Photoshop CS4.

Hey. Why don't I put another picture here?
This one was done for the Ebon Spire OCT on deviantArt. Due to time issues I wasn't able to deliver an intro comic on time, so I never made it on the tournament. It is fairly old, and I'm better at colouring now, but I kinda like it. He was the first Original Character I ever came up with. Who knows... he might get his own comic someday.
The High Quality Charactersheet with some background informations is here:
http://xantor-m.deviantart.com/art/Ebon-
Spire-OCT-FitHB-114879607

Xantor's Art Lounge

Response to Xantor's Art Lounge 2009-12-22 08:30:22

The first one was lacking the right anatomy. But I see you've improved a lot with the second one. I hope someone finds you soon.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Xantor's Art Lounge 2009-12-22 11:01:49

Yeah, I prefer the second piece to the first one.

Response to Xantor's Art Lounge 2009-12-23 16:29:50

Thanks, but the second one is older...

It's time for another one or so it seems.
This one was a commission I did for a friend, around the holidays of last year. I hate the way I coloured it (won't go into to much detail) and because of a mistake I'm also not to fond of the eyes, but hey... it's Joker. With a delightful hat...
I think Heath Ledger turns over in his grave.

Xantor's Art Lounge