Be a Supporter!
Birdinator99
Birdinator99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Mixcraft? Dec. 20th, 2009 @ 02:15 AM Reply

Just wondering if anyone here uses Mixcraft to put together their projects. I've already briefly skimmed the forums and haven't found anything about it, so I thought I'd ask.

Is it good/bad? What's better? Etc...

My apologies if it's already been brought up...

BBS Signature
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Mixcraft? Dec. 20th, 2009 @ 02:42 AM Reply

I tried it once. I looked for a Midi option, sequencer, piano roll, importing my own VST. Nothing. It was basically use their instruments and preset beats and notes to make a song. Not very intuitive.

Strychnine and cyanide. A healthy part of this complete breakfast.

Birdinator99
Birdinator99
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Musician
Response to Mixcraft? Dec. 20th, 2009 @ 02:50 AM Reply

At 12/20/09 02:42 AM, Mystery-Moon-Pie-Aud wrote: I tried it once. I looked for a Midi option, sequencer, piano roll, importing my own VST. Nothing. It was basically use their instruments and preset beats and notes to make a song. Not very intuitive.

Well I have it now and I can play and record things with my MIDI keyboard, and I know there is a piano roll. Maybe it was an older version?

VST rings a bell. too.

BBS Signature
15thDimension
15thDimension
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Mixcraft? Dec. 20th, 2009 @ 09:04 AM Reply

I used to use mixcraft, alot. It had a piano roll, and I could use external VSTs too. It lacked an drum sequencer and parameter automation, except for a few things like pan, volume, and things like that.

It very simple compared to things like Fl Studio and Reasoner and such. It's not technically a DAW, just a multi-track recording software.

Khuskan
Khuskan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Mixcraft? Dec. 20th, 2009 @ 10:51 AM Reply

Newgrounds Audio Portal does not accept submissions that used mixcraft.

sorohanro
sorohanro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 28
Musician
Response to Mixcraft? Dec. 20th, 2009 @ 11:00 AM Reply

At 12/20/09 02:15 AM, Birdinator99 wrote: I've already briefly skimmed the forums and haven't found anything about it, so I thought I'd ask.

You used the search button... right ?

vexdj
vexdj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mixcraft? Dec. 21st, 2009 @ 02:09 AM Reply

MIX CRAFT LOL..NEVER...... ABLETON LIVE IS THE WAY TO GO FOR PRO AUDIO PRODUCTION .

vexdj
vexdj
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Mixcraft? Dec. 21st, 2009 @ 02:11 AM Reply

OH AND PRO-TOLS AND T-RACKS FOR MASTERING.

15thDimension
15thDimension
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Musician
Response to Mixcraft? Dec. 21st, 2009 @ 09:25 AM Reply

At 12/20/09 10:51 AM, Khuskan wrote: Newgrounds Audio Portal does not accept submissions that used mixcraft.

what the heck? why not?

IcyOne
IcyOne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Mixcraft? Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 12/20/09 10:51 AM, Khuskan wrote: Newgrounds Audio Portal does not accept submissions that used mixcraft.

Why not?? All of the loops and sound samples that they provide are 100% copyright free. It also features more or less the same and sometimes more tools than that of GB, FL, & AL to help create, edit, or rearrange/splice all sounds. Hell it even has an option not only import your own sounds, but also videos so that you can sync them to your sounds & or music. On top of that it's cheaper. than the others. 6.o

Peace & Love

WORD WORD!!

BBS Signature
Sundans
Sundans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Musician
Response to Mixcraft? Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 11:24 PM Reply

At 11/16/12 02:43 PM, IcyOne wrote: Why not?? All of the loops and sound samples that they provide are 100% copyright free.

Once you publish tracks in Mixcraft, the company puts their own label on your production.

[✖] Play a live show. | [✖] Sell music.
[✔] Sound design for games. | [✔] Produce an OST for film. | [✔] Get creepy fans. | [✔] Get awesome fans.
Moving up the ladder.

MetalRenard
MetalRenard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Musician
Response to Mixcraft? Nov. 16th, 2012 @ 11:38 PM Reply

I downloaded the trial of Mixcraft just because so many people were saying "oh it's so easy to use". Let me tell you that it is SO DAMN limited and such an inefficient piece of software.
Sure, use it to learn but do not expect to take it to a professional job with you.

Rocker, Composer and World Ambassador for Foxes! I'm on Youtube. Come check me out!
Veteran REAPER user.

BrokenDeck
BrokenDeck
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 38
Musician
Response to Mixcraft? Nov. 17th, 2012 @ 12:32 AM Reply

At 11/16/12 02:43 PM, IcyOne wrote:
Why not?

Because Mixcraft is known more as a Duplo program, where users simply place pre-made loops into any given order, therefore not original work in any way.

At 11/16/12 11:24 PM, Sundans wrote: Once you publish tracks in Mixcraft, the company puts their own label on your production.

You're actually thinking of Magix Music Maker.

KissKillTV
KissKillTV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Melancholy
Response to Mixcraft? Nov. 21st, 2012 @ 11:26 PM Reply

Really, now? All mine are recorded in Mixcraft.