00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mae6NG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Staying up for as long as possible

6,770 Views | 122 Replies

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 10:27:50

Alright! Here we are coming up on hour 20, starting to get a little bright out, think I'll go grab some food.

"yes, ill be ripping of helios's head, and pumling the shit out of hercules while your teabagging the 11 year old geek u just noob tubed in terminal while fapping... faggot."

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 11:02:17

At 12/19/09 10:42 AM, Yrtnej wrote: If you get exceedingly tired, just go to sleep. But otherwise, try to break 40 hours.

Well I'm halfway there now, not too tired either, the advice of sitting up straight in an uncomfortable chair has done wonders.

Just watched the sun come up, really nice sight. Had a chocolate croissant(No idea how to spell that), a sausage roll, and a big cup of coffee packed with every condiment they had, I feel great. I may as well just put a pic up now.
Thanks for everybodies support, people doing stupid stuff really brings out the best in our little community doesn't it?

See, I'm nowhere near ginger...

"yes, ill be ripping of helios's head, and pumling the shit out of hercules while your teabagging the 11 year old geek u just noob tubed in terminal while fapping... faggot."

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 12:27:47

And Bang we are now at hour 22!

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 12:30:06

my record is four days

playing video games at like age 13

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 12:51:19

Just go to bed if your too tired ;[

I've been awake for 61 hours now due to post-exam shizzle...
Not without the help of chemicals tho xD

But yes, as soon as it gets around 10pm or so I'm of to bed... feeling god aweful

Tip: don't give in and go to bed at like 2 in the afternoon, it'll fuck you up royaly :<

The bitch took my fucking cookie.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 12:52:20

enjoy being paranoid the next day

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 12:53:22

Well good luck, I suppose. Make sure you don't get too comfortable.

My cousin stayed up for two days straight and his brain was fried. He slept for so long afterward....
Anyway, he thought it was stupid that he had wanted to stay up, but if you want to it's your choice. So again, good luck. :D

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 12:57:18

With alcohol and a dancefloor I could make it to 48 hours easily.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 14:26:05

Well alright, 24 hours! 1 full rotation around the sun! and I still feel great, I think I could probably do another 16 or so hours, maybe another day even... Night time is the hard part though.

Anyway thanks for everyones support in helping reach an entire day.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 14:37:35

At 12/19/09 02:26 PM, flamingninja777 wrote: Well alright, 24 hours! 1 full rotation around the sun!

Not exactly, one full rotation of the earth, but not around the whole sun.

Rotation around the whole sun is 1 year.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 14:40:11

Go to bed before you fuck up your biological clock.

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 15:04:05

Lmao at your unintended homosexual user name. 24 hours is nothing, I want to see pics at

48 hours
60 hours
72 hours

And so on.

Also describe any hallucinations you see.

b

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 15:05:53

keep caffeinated!

whever there isn't a caffein drink in your hand, put one in it.

Avoid weed, beer, turkey, being bored.

b

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 15:37:42

I did 4 days this week. My longest is about a week. Yay for Caffine.

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 15:40:43

At 12/19/09 02:37 PM, SaltshakerClock wrote:
At 12/19/09 02:26 PM, flamingninja777 wrote: Well alright, 24 hours! 1 full rotation around the sun!
Not exactly, one full rotation of the earth, but not around the whole sun.

Rotation around the whole sun is 1 year.

Oops.

Aight well I'll keep this posted, I can probably do 48 hours easy, 60 maybe, and I really doubt 72.

Wont have pics till I get my laptop back from my brother, but there's nothing interesting right now, I don't get tired during the day.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 15:44:14

I've stayed up for a whole week.

Not fun...

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 15:56:56

I usually wake up at 7am and find it hard to get past 12am. Lying on my bed doesn't help, I suppose. I could stay up longer if I wasn't on a bed, but at night I watch TV and my chairs too uncomfortable for watching TV.

god

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 16:04:53

At 12/19/09 06:47 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: I achieved forty hours in October. It wasn't through choice. I don't recommend it. During the last hour I had to walk home after getting off the bus and I couldn't work out which direction to walk in, my mind was fucked.

forty hours? that's nothing...

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 16:13:37

OP is going to start seeing some trippy shit

Under construction

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 16:16:21

My best was 18 hours. I'm so hardcore.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 16:49:46

At 12/19/09 04:13 PM, spikedude101 wrote: OP is going to start seeing some trippy shit

Unfortunatly that takes minimum 60 hours, I've still got a while before that.

Just bought a 12 pack of coke, hopefully it will keep me for another day. Is it just me or has everyone else who actually logged and recorded this all on newgrounds failed way before the mark I'm at?

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 16:58:40

I remember one time, I came upstairs at 5 AM and my mom was getting ready for work and she's like, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" and I said, "Sleeping in my bed." It didn't work though.

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 17:13:02

At 12/19/09 04:55 PM, yurgenburgen wrote:
At 12/19/09 04:49 PM, flamingninja777 wrote: Is it just me or has everyone else who actually logged and recorded this all on newgrounds failed way before the mark I'm at?
When I got in after being awake forty hours I took some photos of myself and my eyes were bloodshot as fuck. Kind of hard to tell from this photo but this was a close-up.

No the bloodshot is definatly visible, the nice thing here is my parents are fine with this, so they wont think I'm high. Damn I'm bored right now though.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 17:14:33

The longest I've stayed up is like, only 30 hours or so. I fell asleep on the couch.

That was like, the only time I tried. Anyway keep us posted sir!

The Problems of the Future, by Everyone!

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 17:14:37

Two school days straight, and then fell asleep in geography, but my teachers good so let me sleep.
I am aware that sounds far more sinister than it actually is.

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Gamertag: JuicyRumpSteak

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 17:27:28

At 12/19/09 05:01 PM, ninjaman9000 wrote: Young men need there sleep.

Oh do fuck off.

Tonight I shall be staying awake pointlessly, re-starting the Godfather game so I can make a little fat man shake people around. For some reason I feel like shaking someone because a friend of mine is pregnant. Wonder what Freud would make of that.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 17:31:26

Go outside, take your mp3, just take walks, it helps wake you up. Also, its freezing outside.

b

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 17:32:34

At 12/19/09 05:27 PM, BrockManson wrote:
At 12/19/09 05:01 PM, ninjaman9000 wrote: Young men need there sleep.
Oh do fuck off.

Thank you, I was getting sick of assholes like ninjaman.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 17:36:03

At 12/19/09 06:47 AM, yurgenburgen wrote: I achieved forty hours in October. It wasn't through choice. I don't recommend it. During the last hour I had to walk home after getting off the bus and I couldn't work out which direction to walk in, my mind was fucked.

Yeah, lol.

On the first day of school every year I stay awake through the day preceding and the night before. By the end of the school day I'm in a totally bad-trip/shitty-dream mindset. This one time I seriously thought I was in an Oz (the prison drama) episode, and everyone was out there trying to shiv me and shit.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 17:49:45

At my dads office right now, drinking a coke every hour and a half or so, feeling about as tired as I did at 4:30 AM which was the most tired yet, The cokes help a lot though, I've still got my backup plan if caffiene fails. I'll be sure to post a status pic when I get home.

BBS Signature