00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CdmollerV1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Staying up for as long as possible

6,769 Views | 122 Replies

I know, It's been done before, the most famous example is probably rockinpunk but god knows what happened to him, So right now, 16 hours deprived of sleep, I am on what I have dubbed an Awake-a-Thon. I will be updating this for as long as I am up so all you fools here on Newgrounds can see me deprive myself of rest.

Here's me now, at 16 hours in

"yes, ill be ripping of helios's head, and pumling the shit out of hercules while your teabagging the 11 year old geek u just noob tubed in terminal while fapping... faggot."

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 06:45:28

Are you GINGER?

Zune Social ID : Daboyzofwexford/ AVA ID : Tehcamper

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 06:46:56

Go to bed, young boy!

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 06:48:00

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Gardn er_%28record_holder%29

Longest without sleep.

Ive done 30+ hours before. (not fun)

are you doing it With or without the help of chemicals (caffiene and the like)

Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.

Sig by Her

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 06:49:16

At 12/19/09 06:45 AM, DaboyzofWexford wrote: Are you GINGER?

No the horrible lighting brings out all 10 of my freckles immensly, sorry.

At...The guy talking about when he stayed up for 40 hours; through choice I've done 38, I kind of enjoyed it.

"yes, ill be ripping of helios's head, and pumling the shit out of hercules while your teabagging the 11 year old geek u just noob tubed in terminal while fapping... faggot."

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 06:49:29

I would challenge you to a duel of insomnia, but I've got too much going on tomorrow. I did once make it to about 55 hours, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 06:51:19

At 12/19/09 06:48 AM, bdash1990 wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Gardn er_%28record_holder%29

Longest without sleep.

Ive done 30+ hours before. (not fun)

are you doing it With or without the help of chemicals (caffiene and the like)

The weirdest part is he only slept 14 hours the night he stopped.

And I might grab a coffee when the bakery opens in an hour... Would you be pissed if I chewed up a concerta pill later?

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 06:54:20

holy shit dude 16 hours thats not safe u should either go 2 bed or the hospital

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 06:55:09

Dude cut your hair.

I used to have long hair (at least on the front) and it sucked. Now I have short hair and MAN is it awesome! I don't have to spend shitloads of time just drying it.

My topics when I wasn't an asshole...12

NOBODY IS ALLOWED TO STEAL AND/OR EDIT MY SIG WITHOUT MY PERMISSION

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 06:56:16

Pretty good, I think my best was about 36 just because I didn't feel like sleeping. And when I did crash, I only went to sleep about 4 hours.

Just wondering btw, do old people tell you to cut your hair in public?

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 07:04:31

At 12/19/09 06:56 AM, ViZi wrote: Pretty good, I think my best was about 36 just because I didn't feel like sleeping. And when I did crash, I only went to sleep about 4 hours.
Just wondering btw, do old people tell you to cut your hair in public?

Uhh, store owners joke about it sometimes, but usually no.

The reason I've got it so long is actually because of a bet I made with my LAC teacher, we both cut our hair last June and bet eachother 20$ each of us would go the longest without cutting it, he might win at this point.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 07:08:51

I did 32 hours once i was on camp last day so we stayed up one whole day and night then when i got home about 1pm i wasnt tired at all so i wasted the whole day doing nothing just watching tv :D then i slept at like 12 or soemthin

I Know Drugs, I Know Video Games, I Know Litliture, I Know Dru- wait...nevermind. Feel free to discuss any of these with me

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 07:10:22

At 12/19/09 06:51 AM, flamingninja777 wrote:

And I might grab a coffee when the bakery opens in an hour... Would you be pissed if I chewed up a concerta pill later?

i wouldn't blame you.

I used to have ADHD and I still have quite a few pills left.
I take 2 54mg capsules when i need to stay up.

good if youre trying to lose weight too because they KILL your appetite. (ill take two of those and only eat once when I wake up during a 24+ period.)

Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.

Sig by Her

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 07:24:03

At 12/19/09 07:10 AM, bdash1990 wrote:
At 12/19/09 06:51 AM, flamingninja777 wrote:

i wouldn't blame you.

I used to have ADHD and I still have quite a few pills left.
I take 2 54mg capsules when i need to stay up.

good if youre trying to lose weight too because they KILL your appetite. (ill take two of those and only eat once when I wake up during a 24+ period.)

I know, I wont go near the damn things if its past noon. They make it feel so nice to talk though.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 07:55:52

Alright thats another hour down, and a picture says a thousand words, so here's my progress report

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 08:04:43

Oh shit, this kid's got gingervitis, but the sun's shining on him, so maybe he's a daywalker.

Forget

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 08:13:03

Well, I've got nothing else to do, and i've got nothing going on tomorrow, so I challenge you to an insomnia duel... I'll post every hour, I've been awake for the past 10 hours... I'm totally gonna beat you.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 08:14:10

That first one was a shit picture wasn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 08:21:08

At 12/19/09 06:45 AM, DaboyzofWexford wrote: Are you GINGER?

CARTMAN!!!

wow i can't believe i made this below

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 08:35:29

At 12/19/09 08:13 AM, iamgrimreaper wrote: Well, I've got nothing else to do, and i've got nothing going on tomorrow, so I challenge you to an insomnia duel... I'll post every hour, I've been awake for the past 10 hours... I'm totally gonna beat you.

Yes but you started 7 hours after me, If I could take back 7 hours I'd be ridiculously awake...

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 08:52:34

I never understood why people insult and hate red heads so much.

CAREFREE WHEREVER I MAY BE

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 09:07:17

At 12/19/09 08:52 AM, EverReady2Kill wrote: I never understood why people insult and hate red heads so much.

Me either, I never see the need to insult or make fun of anyone but whatever :S
Also I suck at staying up late, longest is probably 30 hours, you guys staying up more then 2-3 days are amazing :O

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 09:07:46

I've done 2 days (42 hours I think) without sleep over a busy period in University.

It was awful. By 30 hours my mind was fucked

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 09:11:53

At 12/19/09 08:52 AM, EverReady2Kill wrote: I never understood why people insult and hate red heads so much.

I know what you mean, lead singer from paramore is drop dad gorgeous.

Right then. Hi everyone, still alive, sorry I didn't post at the 18 mark, I went for a walk to get my blood flowing again.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 09:12:54

At 12/19/09 09:11 AM, flamingninja777 wrote:
Right then. Hi everyone, still alive, sorry I didn't post at the 18 mark, I went for a walk to get my blood flowing again.

Dude, mistake number 1 is being in bed.....stay on your feet or sit in an uncomfortable chair.

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 09:13:06

Whoops that meant to say: Drop dead gorgeous

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 09:33:45

I'll be watching this thread to see how you do. I did 48 hours once, but then failed as soon as I layed in my bed. Good luck solider. Newgrounds is your key to staying awake.

brains.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 09:39:17

Haha, thanks man I appreciate all the good will and friendly comments.

Alright so becaue I was dumb and didn't put a pic up before I left, and then put it us later... The point is I'll do a pic in an hour, before I leave to go to the store.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 09:42:03

At 12/19/09 09:12 AM, Diddy wrote:
At 12/19/09 09:11 AM, flamingninja777 wrote:
Dude, mistake number 1 is being in bed.....stay on your feet or sit in an uncomfortable chair.

Thats what I was going to say, its going to be one tough time doing your best not to sleep when you are laying in a bed. If you don't have anything to do but post on newgrounds and lay in bed, you aren't going to last long, find some project to undertake or something.

You have to know your name.

LOOP

One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature

Response to Staying up for as long as possible 2009-12-19 09:44:57

I would love to but my parents are asleep and my walls suck for sound

BBS Signature