New Topic Respond to this Topic
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 03:03 AM Reply

My next project is my two favorite fighting game characters. (Oh, and for fair warning, for some reason I'm really good with big breasted hot chicks. Don't judge, I win matches xD) they seemed like fun subjects to draw. The one on the left is Taki from the Soul Calibur series. The one on the right is going to be Mileena from Mortal Kombat :D I just recently found out that she is my favorite MK character xD fighting style, backstory, and BACK END ;D *BU-DUM TSSST*

No but seriously, her donk is like, wtf massive D:

Jeeshwa's art thread!

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Aug. 12th, 2011 @ 03:09 AM Reply

and sorry about the tiny image -________-

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 11th, 2011 @ 02:50 PM Reply

bumping this dusty ol' thread. Not sure why I bother, I think my art is at a point to where no one really wants to give any advice. But I'm always open to it guys. Especially on color, I'm STILL getting used to coloring digitally, and I've been doing it for a couple years now xD

adventure time :D

Jeeshwa's art thread!

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 11th, 2011 @ 03:25 PM Reply

Welcome to the club! But yeah just keep throwing things in I haven't got much feedback either. It be like that sometime, I like this picture of adventure time. I don't know their names but I seen it once it was a pretty funny show, don't think I can give advice about coloring though, the majority of my works are in pencil because the lack of supplies. But keep bumpin the thread man( with works that is).

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 11th, 2011 @ 03:36 PM Reply

At 9/11/11 03:25 PM, Ramatsu wrote: Welcome to the club! But yeah just keep throwing things in I haven't got much feedback either. It be like that sometime, I like this picture of adventure time. I don't know their names but I seen it once it was a pretty funny show, don't think I can give advice about coloring though, the majority of my works are in pencil because the lack of supplies. But keep bumpin the thread man( with works that is).

hey thanks man :D probably gonna post some more today if i can get the art. I'm on a new computer and I don't have my old files quite yet xDD

the characters from left to right are Finn the Human, Jake the Dog, the Ice King, and Princess Bubblegum :D

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 02:30 AM Reply

Your friendly neighborhood Jeeshwa is doing an album artwork commish! :D

long story short, my old guitar teacher (i play guitar a lot btw) has a band called Skinny B and the Shams. he's Skinny B. :D They're a Cleveland based ska band. You should really check them out, they're pretty great. Fantastic live if you can get to Cleveland ;D

So yeah, this is a concept album for my favorite local ska band. I drew up three images based on a concept he layed out to me, which was a man in a suit with a boombox for a head. I came up with these, and he really liked number three :) next step is the sketch.

I'm really excited :)

Jeeshwa's art thread!

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 02:32 AM Reply

Terribly sorry, the link was a dud. Here's a live one right in the chamber ;D

Ramatsu
Ramatsu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 03:46 AM Reply

That's pretty neat, I'm hoping to get my tablet soon so I can start my commissioning but that I have to get used to the tablet 1st so I wish things could be set into motion a little bit faster than normal! Dont forget to show us how it is coming along!

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.
My art thread
My comic thread

BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 09:07 AM Reply

At 9/12/11 03:46 AM, Ramatsu wrote: That's pretty neat, I'm hoping to get my tablet soon so I can start my commissioning but that I have to get used to the tablet 1st so I wish things could be set into motion a little bit faster than normal! Dont forget to show us how it is coming along!

I hope you can soon ^^
yeah, I'll post progress pics. :D

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 04:02 PM Reply

At 9/11/11 02:50 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: bumping this dusty ol' thread. Not sure why I bother, I think my art is at a point to where no one really wants to give any advice. But I'm always open to it guys. Especially on color, I'm STILL getting used to coloring digitally, and I've been doing it for a couple years now xD

adventure time :D

I think it's obvious that you're pretty skilled and you have a good style worked out for you, so I think at this point any improvements you make will be up to you. I think the only critique I could give would be to change up your line weights. Everything is very thick and solid, and it seems like maybe details get lost in the thickness of the lines. Other than that, it's really hard to say anything.

I think your coloring is very fitting to your style, and it seems like you have a good grasp on lighting and values. I think the best way to get advice on how to improve at this point would be to let us knowwhere you want to go as an artist. I suppose there are things that can be said, but I wouldn't want to say anything that would lead you someplace you're not interested in ending up. I like where you are as an artist, and though there's always room for improvements, I wouldn't want you to lost your artistic integrity.

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 05:18 PM Reply

yeah i think you're right. I suppose that at this point, improving is basically what I do to make it happen. I suppose my next step is developing a style that I love :D

thanks a lot for the advice, i appreciate it :D

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 12th, 2011 @ 05:25 PM Reply

This is my progress on that album art I was talking about. He really liked the idea of the two boomboxes dancing, so I made the rough lineart of that today :D While listening to ANIMALS AS LEADERS, SONNNNN. if you're a progressive metal fan, you may just die of happiness when you click on that link. Lead Guitarist Tosin Abasi is incredible :D

But anyways, this is the approach I've taken to the album artwork. The album name and band name will appear where "TEXT" is. enjoying it so far? :D

Jeeshwa's art thread!

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 14th, 2011 @ 11:38 PM Reply

Some more WIP. I havn't had much time to work on it today, but I'm starting the refined lineart tonight :) What do you think? If this album was sitting in a store, would you pick it up?

Jeeshwa's art thread!

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 15th, 2011 @ 03:28 PM Reply

lineart wip.
comments? critiques? fuggin anything at all? lol

Jeeshwa's art thread!

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 19th, 2011 @ 11:44 PM Reply

gonna post some progress jumps:
1 of 3. Finished Lineart

Jeeshwa's art thread!

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 19th, 2011 @ 11:49 PM Reply

2 of 3:
background flats and the beginning of color.

Jeeshwa's art thread!

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 19th, 2011 @ 11:51 PM Reply

3 of 3:
bullshit amounts of color xD
I went with a dark theme. When I start touching everything up, it's all going to POP. My friend is stoked :D

Jeeshwa's art thread!

Marsupial
Marsupial
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 12:27 AM Reply

Nice. I like the concept and your shading is good. The shadows are a nice touch too

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.
{+}dA{-}LASTFM
paypal

BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 12:58 AM Reply

At 9/20/11 12:27 AM, Marsupial wrote: Nice. I like the concept and your shading is good. The shadows are a nice touch too

thank you :D new update coming maybe tomorrow.

monsterparty
monsterparty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Artist
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Sep. 20th, 2011 @ 05:30 PM Reply

At 9/19/11 11:51 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: 3 of 3:
bullshit amounts of color xD
I went with a dark theme. When I start touching everything up, it's all going to POP. My friend is stoked :D

Wow, this turned out a lot different then I thought it would with just the lineart, but different in a good way. For whatever reason I thought everything was going to be yellow, and I was like "I don't know about that." Anyway, it looks really good so far. Can't wait to see it finished. :D

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Oct. 6th, 2011 @ 09:48 PM Reply

aw thanks a lot! :D
here's the finished product, I finally got it done! :D

Jeeshwa's art thread!

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Oct. 6th, 2011 @ 10:28 PM Reply

They should pay you lots and lots of money for that.

because it is awesome.
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Oct. 6th, 2011 @ 11:55 PM Reply

At 10/6/11 10:28 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: They should pay you lots and lots of money for that.
because it is awesome.

hahaha thanks a lot :D
it's my old guitar teacher though, he gets friend prices :D

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Oct. 7th, 2011 @ 12:22 AM Reply

Reflecting a bit. When you have a mom that likes to post a bunch of photos on facebook, she generally loves to target her artist son. This evening, she posted a large quantity of my old middle-school era artwork, rather embarrassing stuff xD I did find this lovely gem though, One of my best pieces at the time. It's a group shot I did of Nirvana, labeling it "come as you are." This was probably when I was about 13 or 14. Pretty soon, I'm going to do the exact same piece so that I can reflect and see how I've grown as an artist. It should be a lot of fun :)

BTW, Kurt Cobain is my hero. His doodles were some of my artistic inspiration, and Nirvana is one of my favorite bands. Without them, there would be no Jeeshwa <3

Jeeshwa's art thread!

jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Oct. 7th, 2011 @ 12:23 AM Reply

y'know, this was over a year before I had made my first appearance on newgrounds. crazy.

DancingLink
DancingLink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Oct. 7th, 2011 @ 12:42 AM Reply

At 12/16/09 08:47 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: WAM BAM hello. This is my art! I'd definetly enjoy some constructive critisism, improving is always something I will never stop trying to do. Keep in mind too, I'm like, 15, so yeah, still in training. I'm not exactly up there with everyone else yet. I don't have too much on my page, infact what I have on newgrounds is fairly old. So lets get started! FIRST PICTUH. I drew this last year, it's one of my favorites. I inked it, but ended up selling it at a comic-con, so there's not much I can do for color. Tell me what you think.

I think that it's a nice design - you could make it into a super hero/ villain or something like that 'cause I really looks the part. very nice. You are on your way, man.

DancingLink likes to dance with Dancing Link.
WE ARE BEST BUDDIES!

BBS Signature
jeeshwa123
jeeshwa123
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Jeeshwa's art thread! Oct. 7th, 2011 @ 08:11 PM Reply

At 10/7/11 12:42 AM, DancingLink wrote:
I think that it's a nice design - you could make it into a super hero/ villain or something like that 'cause I really looks the part. very nice. You are on your way, man.

ooh thank you :D i drew that two years ago, however xD did you see my more recent work? any comments? :D