New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jezuz
Jezuz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Losing Your Humanity 2009-12-11 20:08:16 Reply

I have lost my sense of humanity. Or, am losing it. I feel it down to my core. Apathy has turned into resentment, sympathy into intolerance. I smile to peoples face, then mutter swears under my breath as I walk away. 'Dumb fuck.', 'Ugly cunt.', 'Faggot.'. I was a fairly tolerant man for awhile and I was fully aware of the human condition. I understood those less fortunate and those who were ignorant. Now, I merely resent those that I don't fully understand.

It's deeper than just a simple uncaring attitude towards humans on an individual nature. It's a resentment of society and an unwillingness to see the good in humanity, even if I know somewhere it's there, hidden behind their betrayals and petty nature. I would rather see the entire world ended in a blaze of hot dust and hellfire than to see another generation be brought into this world, to slowly have their innocence stripped from them.

I don't even care about who I am as a human. I'm not suicidal, but I don't really care if I'm alive. I appreciate life on occasion, but as a whole I find it a very unsatisfying experience. More than likely because I know that the same people I call dumb fucks, cunts and faggots do the exact same thing to me. Or maybe they don't...

I don't understand humans on such a basic level. How does that happen? I've been alive for 18 years now and I don't understand the very basic of human function. What went so wrong in my mind or societies collective that I would not understand such basic attitudes towards one another? A generation raised on drugs can't function without them, I suppose.

Opinions on what went so tragically wrong as for many in society to lose faith and touch in and with humanity. Or why you think I'm a whiny little child, or why I am dead wrong. Reaffirm my belief in humanity.

BBS Signature
wildface098
wildface098
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Game Developer
Response to Losing Your Humanity 2009-12-11 20:09:39 Reply

We're all slowly losing our humanity *second by second*

LTmatt
LTmatt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Losing Your Humanity 2009-12-11 20:10:20 Reply

Well, that's just dandy.

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to Losing Your Humanity 2009-12-11 20:10:40 Reply

At 12/11/09 08:09 PM, wildface098 wrote: We're all slowly losing our humanity *second by second*

^^ very true, we all are losing our humanity, some of us lose it faster than others i suppose

|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature
takumidesh
takumidesh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Losing Your Humanity 2009-12-11 20:13:14 Reply

well then, it's a good thing you are here on the internet. no one is sane here, and we; just like you, Hate EVERYTHING.

camobch0
camobch0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Losing Your Humanity 2009-12-11 20:16:26 Reply

I feel you, between 11-13 I felt like that. Like, I could watch vids of people being tortured with no remorse. Just know you'll get over it, I am now.

A vagina is really just a hat for a penis.

BBS Signature
chcampbell
chcampbell
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Losing Your Humanity 2009-12-11 20:18:03 Reply

Its all good, people and the world cant be considered bad or good because we dont have anything to compare or make relative to these things besides our perceptions. If your perceptions were wrong, all you have to do is adjust them accordingly and try to understand why you thought differently. Otherwise, you may wind up thinking things are too much worse than you thought they were and put a bullet in your head.

If I were the king, I would have shot the horses, taken them across the street to the protein factory to make them into glue, then use it to put Humpty Dumpty back together.

Kwing
Kwing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to Losing Your Humanity 2009-12-11 20:56:26 Reply

You've brought up an interesting topic. We're not really evolving or devolving, though, although I've theorized devolving quite a bit in my younger years. Evolving would mean that we're somehow superior to other organisms, but all organisms have the same will to live; in fact, often times more than we do [1].

We're changing. We still have the instincts to survive and reproduce, and we have the instinct to feel misery so that we act to correct the problem causing it. However, we don't have an instinct that gives us pleasure. We don't have the instinct of contentedness, because it's an evolutionarily suicidal trait. We can feel pleasure long enough for us to reproduce, and that's about it. We have changed from neutrality to misery to traverse the evolution ending in what we hope to be happiness, which will have stemmed from the fact that we no longer live in quite as dangerous of an environment. So I speculate.

[1] An animal always wants to live. No matter how much pain they're in, they don't want to be 'put out of their misery' because they can't perceive life and death the way we do. Their instincts are to survive and reproduce. That's why I wouldn't euthanize an animal no matter how suffering.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Leidolfr
Leidolfr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Losing Your Humanity 2009-12-11 21:01:03 Reply

At 12/11/09 08:09 PM, wildface098 wrote: We're all slowly losing our humanity *second by second*

We're still the same humans, we just hide it better

Maverick-Alex
Maverick-Alex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Losing Your Humanity 2009-12-11 21:10:00 Reply

You are apathetic, not inhumane. If you were to lose your humanity, you'd become nothing more than a naked beast. You just don't care and hate people, you still pretty human.