New Topic Respond to this Topic
durn
durn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-03 09:24:32 Reply

It's weird anyway. Before the redesign, everybody who got a spot in the Top 5 could make an FP post every two weeks. I don't think that's the case now. Would be nice if an admin could explain something about this new 'feature'.

Front Page posts are enabled once you reach either level 10 or 15, can't remember which, but it doesn't have to do with getting a top 5 spot.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-03 09:34:26 Reply

At 5/3/12 09:24 AM, durn wrote: Front Page posts are enabled once you reach either level 10 or 15, can't remember which, but it doesn't have to do with getting a top 5 spot.

Wut? No way, from what I've heard a musician can't post on the front page until he gets a top 5 spot. I'm level 26 and I've never gotten a spot; I can't FP post.

By the way, they've changd again:

The weekly tops discussion thread

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-03 09:58:52 Reply

At 5/3/12 09:24 AM, durn wrote:
Front Page posts are enabled once you reach either level 10 or 15, can't remember which, but it doesn't have to do with getting a top 5 spot.

lol well no FP posts for me.

This level is a protest.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-03 10:21:01 Reply

At 5/3/12 09:24 AM, durn wrote: Front Page posts are enabled once you reach either level 10 or 15

... what? No

durn
durn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-03 10:54:03 Reply

At 5/3/12 10:21 AM, Buoy wrote:
At 5/3/12 09:24 AM, durn wrote: Front Page posts are enabled once you reach either level 10 or 15
... what? No

I stand corrected. I didn't notice when I could start posting to front page, just that all of a sudden a few year's back I could. I'd thought it was relative to level. Ya learn something new every day!

And yeah, Liquid, it's been swaying back and forth between the two lists every couple hours. If it's meant for granting more people exposure, I'm down with that idea. :)

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-11 02:48:23 Reply

Some answers after all!

The weekly tops discussion thread

SoundCloud || Youtube || Bandcamp || Facebook || Click below to listen to my newest track!

BBS Signature
Poniiboi
Poniiboi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-23 09:11:15 Reply

At 4/19/12 03:10 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:

The Senate enjoys when Norske and AaronMusslewhite get a top spot because their music consistently rocks, even when it is meant to be soft. As well as Senator John Dean. He roxx as well.

no, really...DON'T CLICK THE PIC

BBS Signature
Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-23 11:52:34 Reply

I don't get it.. half the time I see a set of songs with me and Norskedrittsekk's submissions, other times I see a different set with ParagonX9.

NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-23 13:10:38 Reply

At 5/23/12 11:52 AM, Buoy wrote: I don't get it.. half the time I see a set of songs with me and Norskedrittsekk's submissions, other times I see a different set with ParagonX9.

I don't get it too. I cleared all my caches and it still shows. The chart seems to be switching song positions every 1-2 hour(s).

Must be a serious glitch in the system...

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-23 13:27:56 Reply

At 5/23/12 01:10 PM, NorskeDrittsekk wrote: Must be a serious glitch in the system...

That's also why this is no longer updated.

BBS Signature
NorskeDrittsekk
NorskeDrittsekk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-05-23 15:56:27 Reply

I was hoping I'm not going to get feature again and yet it plays on me. I figure the more times I get featured the more haters I get after.

Sol
Sol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-06-12 15:56:48 Reply

I don't see why you would ask that question, but it's possible. The artist must be good, he gotten 2 sumbission in a top week deadline. But there has been much more sumbission, one by an artist who have gotten songs in 3 weeks in-a-row. It's all about taking time on songs, following rules, and finding loop holes around of "what makes the track more interested". The loop hole is creativity...=)))

Lein the music.

stratkat
stratkat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-10-03 04:39:41 Reply

It seems pages have gone missing, I remember 2 songs I got being posted way after the post before yours.

Meh this page should be kept up to date, the weekly tops don't seem to see the attention as before the redesign.

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-10-03 06:39:57 Reply

At 10/3/12 12:36 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: ...this thread is dead?

Yes, because the system is broken and unpredictable.

LiquidOoze
LiquidOoze
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Musician
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-10-03 06:51:31 Reply

At 10/3/12 04:39 AM, stratkat wrote: It seems pages have gone missing, I remember 2 songs I got being posted way after the post before yours.

Meh this page should be kept up to date, the weekly tops don't seem to see the attention as before the redesign.

That's not gonna work. The tops have become too unpredictable and seem to change during the week. After the redesign I tried to keep up with them by posting the tops here for a few weeks but apparently they are unstable as fuck so I decided to quit it.

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-10-10 12:00:21 Reply

I am not surprising to see HipHop or Dubstep 'artists' gain most on this.

At 10/10/12 08:16 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: This week's overall is worse than last week IMO.
This is the first time I've seen one user claim three out of the eight available slots. Anyone smelling something suspecious?

It is ALWAYS suspicious as fuck. It's the same thing years ago.

Someone is cheatin'. Somebody was 0-bombin' everyone. But we can't stop that.
We don't know. Aye!

Maybe the dude is really in luck?

What comes around goes around...

BBS Signature
dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-10-11 10:43:49 Reply

At 10/11/12 10:20 AM, Criminal-23 wrote: I think the 'band' executed 'mass 5 voting' while some others executed their routine zero-bombing. I mean, look at the current scores of those Hip Hop songs. They're below 4/5 right now. I was extremely positive that Kor-Rune and BlazingDragon's NGADM Round 4 songs would get a spot, but I guess the anonymous zero-bomber said 'fuck you, no'.

Every average AP regular can spot fishy ranking every Tuesday night by just looking at submissions pop in or out.

We trust no one in here. I can't confirm only the mainstream folks are guilty as fuck but I don't want to be one side biased jerk. I had witnessed and suspicioned Classical people did mass voting in 2009. Oh wait, their music couldn't even be listed as Classical...

In fact, Dubstep and Hiphop or Voice Demo people are just newbs around here. Before that (and still now) you have Video Game assholes whom downvotes everything that doesn't sound like Sonic da Hedgehog or Final Fantasy, OR their own fucking MIDI rips. The good old 2008-2010.

Arguing about it is pointless. Gotta live with whatever happens, even when shit happens.

Very true.

All we can do now is pray to God and hope that next week won't be as 'shit' as this one. Dubstep and Hip Hop are genres that I personally don't enjoy.

Amen.

If you can't beat 'em, then join 'em? :P Since I don't have any deity to pray to, it's probably useless for me to not to have sympathy with the perpetrators! Hah!

Cheers...

BBS Signature
jpbear
jpbear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-10-17 09:44:06 Reply

halo remix is against the rules.....

dem0lecule
dem0lecule
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The weekly tops discussion thread 2012-10-24 12:14:15 Reply

At 10/24/12 10:32 AM, Criminal-23 wrote:
At 10/17/12 09:44 AM, jpbear wrote: halo remix is against the rules.....
If the Choir samples are ripped straight from Halo 4 and are copyrighted, then it would violate the rules. I can't confirm that, though, since I never, ever played Halo before.

Yeah, there is a song cut a part of Halo soundtrack, problem is I can't remember which original tracks. Whoever fonds with Halo games might help us.

Congrats to:
dem0lecule AKA Computer112

Thanks Criminal-23 >(^.^)>

BBS Signature