00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Refuce just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Official Halo: Reach Thread

46,579 Views | 754 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 20:00:52

COMPLETELY NEW TO THE POST!!

in other terms, i am a big halo fan, and im definitely awaiting the upcoming beta!! WHY DOES IT TAKE SO LONG!? but yeah, new, and junk so i read the rules... don't hate

ALSO, i feel that the new beta is going to be just pure awesome.... if i have not stated it before... sorry lol

and i wish i had bought myself some new trousers after watching that trailer... WOW!
Below is some multiplayer art i found on bungie's site, enjoy

Official Halo: Reach Thread

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 20:45:51

Seeing the new trailer, I have to say it caught my attention. Looks pretty snazzy. But, I'm still a bit of the skeptic. Guess I'll have to play the game and/or beta to see for sure.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 21:03:10

Also, is invasion a 'Besiege the Fort' type of scenario? It seems to be, from the 5-second clip they showed.

Also, what was that Covenant rocket-launcher thing? A FRG prototype?

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 21:06:18

At 3/3/10 02:11 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udhQ9KkoQ 3I

Halo Reach multiplayer footage.

Holy shit, jetpacks!

I just fucking jizzed all over my keyboard. Now I wish that I would have pre-orderd ODST for this shit.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 21:11:35

You don't have to preorder it. Every copy of ODST includes the beta.
It just hasn't been released yet.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 21:15:59

At 3/3/10 09:11 PM, Vladith wrote: You don't have to preorder it. Every copy of ODST includes the beta.
It just hasn't been released yet.

I mean I never owned it, period. I borrowed it, because I knew that I could get the full experience from it in a week or less.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 21:20:36

Oh, I see. I personally have a feeling that it'll be released for download, though.

Also, will Jorge's gun be a usable weapon?

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 21:22:27

At least it won't have the flood....
Man were they fucking lame...

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 21:29:35

You didn't like them?

Also, I really hope that the campaign includes bandits or native extraterrestrials that you can fight. It could be awesome.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 21:40:30

It's not that I didn't like them, most of the levels where you had to fight them were annoying.
Except "The covenant" on Halo 3, most others were really annoying..

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 21:47:17

Oh, uh huh.

Also, I think that, besides the armor upgrades, 'Perks', as the interwebz calls them, Spartans and Sanghelli will have their own moves; punches for Spartands and Rolling for Elites.

Also, *gasp* it may feature a canon multiplayer mode.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 21:50:49

I have a question pertaining to the beta release.

If I want to play the beta, do I need to buy ODST, or could I just rent it? I remember for the original Halo 3 beta, you needed Crackdown, or something like that. Is it known at this point?

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 21:52:16

Yes, it's just the same as the Halo 3 beta.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 22:07:31

At 3/3/10 09:50 PM, jewdudewtf wrote: I have a question pertaining to the beta release.

If I want to play the beta, do I need to buy ODST, or could I just rent it? I remember for the original Halo 3 beta, you needed Crackdown, or something like that. Is it known at this point?

You just need the campaign disc of ODST. You could quickly buy it used from GameStop, Amazon, rent from GameFly or BlockBuster, etc.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-03 23:58:37

At 3/3/10 10:16 PM, Grubby wrote: I have the ODST disc (which BTW is the best Halo campaign ever other than Halo CE) and I'm looking forward to the beta.

HOWEVER. I'm 15, and I have a "child account"

So can I access the beta through my account? Or should I just make another account without a child setting just for the beta?

What should I do SMC?

You could try this...

Change your Windows Live ID to you parent Windows Live ID. (The Windows Live ID you use to access family settings.) After that, sign out, then go to account recovery. From there you will: put in you gamer tag, sign in with your new Windows Live ID (the parent one), and download your account from Xbox Live. After that, you will have all of the features of an Xbox Live adult account, because your account IS an adult account!

NOTE: You do not have to take your gamer tag off of your hard drive to recover it from Xbox Live.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-04 17:50:00

Oh... I hadn't thought that my age would be an issue.

Are yousure that you have to be over 18, or whatever?

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-04 23:26:21

At 3/4/10 05:50 PM, Vladith wrote: Oh... I hadn't thought that my age would be an issue.

Are yousure that you have to be over 18, or whatever?

If you have parental controls on, yes. If you have an account with information that says you're under the age of 18, and you don't have parental controls, you can upgrade it. With parental controls is a little tricky.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-04 23:48:25

All that matters are the parental controls. I still technically have a child account because I made my XBL account back in 2002. I have never had any problems with accessing any content.

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-04 23:50:32

At 3/4/10 11:48 PM, zimzap wrote: All that matters are the parental controls. I still technically have a child account because I made my XBL account back in 2002. I have never had any problems with accessing any content.

Correct. It is only if you have the parental controls set up so that it blocks material that isn't "age appropriate".

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-05 04:03:32

Bungie is always fucking up the storyline. Elites will be in it and so will brutes and brutes will have they're armour from Halo 3 and there will be the halo 3 weapons and vehicles and storyline will suck dicks. I played ODST for 1/2 and hour before I got bored of its shitiness.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-05 04:10:35

At 3/5/10 04:03 AM, killaboy69 wrote: Bungie is always fucking up the storyline. Elites will be in it and so will brutes and brutes will have they're armour from Halo 3 and there will be the halo 3 weapons and vehicles and storyline will suck dicks. I played ODST for 1/2 and hour before I got bored of its shitiness.

Notice: This is not a thread to discuss how much you dislike or lack interest in Halo. If you don't like Halo, don't post. This is a thread for discussing the newest game in the franchise for people who enjoy the series. Just discuss the game, keep it simple. Don't be an idiot.

Peace.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-06 12:58:39

Ditto.

Also, Killaboy's a glorified troll, ignore him.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-06 16:06:36

I was honestly getting tired of Halo around Halo 3, in fact, I was ready to say I HATE Halo. But ODST changed my mind - it showed me Bungie still had ideas, ambitions, DREAMS... And then Microsoft poured some gasoline on them and lit it up with a match.

From Halo to Halo 2, we got better AI, more vehicles, more enemies, more storyline, a new playable character, vehicle hijacking, DUAL WIELDING in an FPS for the first time (I think), and some badass new armor and gameplay mechanics and levels.

From Halo 2 to Halo 3, we got some shinier graphics (doesn't wow me very much), some cleaner, more "finale" oriented music, some epic scenes, a few new vehicles and weapons, an arguable even more disappointing ending, and one of the most agitating, publicly-rated online experiences I've ever had the chance to witness.

So when ODST came around with a new character that completely flipped the difficulty on its heel for me, I was flabbergasted to see Reach. I was skeptical at first, but it looks like they're going out with a bang. If this really is Bungie's last game, then once I've pilfered a new 360 I'll be running to go and get it.

TL;Dr: Looks awesome, once I get a 360, I'll be playing non-stop.

I would punch him in the face.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-06 22:19:21

Did you really say that Halo had the first dual wielding in any FPS?

Freing Marathon had it, and so did Rise of the Triad. They both came out ten or nine years before Halo 2.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-06 22:21:12

Even counter strike had dual wielding pistols. xP
Goldeneye also had dual wielding.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-06 22:25:48

Rise of the Triad came out in 1994.

:/

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-06 23:19:47

At 3/6/10 10:19 PM, Vladith wrote: Freing Marathon had it.

Bungie developed Marathon, as well as Halo.

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-08 00:36:08

It actually sound pretty cool but what if it turns out to be like Halo ODST? Oh well, it looks pretty sweet to me and I saw gameplay of it on gametrailers a couple days ago and it looked actually fun to play

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-08 13:02:06

halo reach will be so awesome!!!!!

Response to Official Halo: Reach Thread 2010-03-09 00:27:56

Details on Halo: Reach beta.

My grass went emo, so now I don't have to cut it anymore.

Anyone up for some Team Fortress 2??

Sig pic stolen from this person.

BBS Signature