00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AllHailInsomnia just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Ng Audio Death Match!

43,577 Views | 484 Replies

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 09:56:17

*registers*

......................loading...........
..........described as ...........grindcore........... dance metal...... noise garbage...........

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 10:28:38

Oops! Forgot the genre. Anything from Progressive House to Trance, maybe dance, or maybe even some classic Techno.

Who knows...

The Main Thing is to keep the Main, Thing the Main Thing.

Latest Song: Retraktion [House/Electro] / Latest Mix: Voltaicly Uncondensed

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 14:01:09

Allow me to introduce myself as DaGrahamCraka's replacement...

At 12/9/09 08:58 PM, DaGrahamCraka wrote: This is going to sound shitty of me. But pull me out of the running. I forgot some things and I don't have time to participate. I'm sorry :(

So, having said that... Here is my submission:

Newgrounds tells you what genre it is.

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 15:05:21

At 12/9/09 08:58 PM, DaGrahamCraka wrote: Actually, this is going to sound shitty of me. But pull me out of the running. I forgot some things and I don't have time to participate. I'm sorry :(

Don't worry man; I suppose we already have a replacement ;). We may host this competition next year, so maybe you could try again another time :).
--
Also, maybe it is better if we make a seperate thread for each round, as SessileNomad said. I'll be calling the threads 'NGADM - Round <number> Results', and the results will be posted there along with the judging. The thread would also be where you post your submission for the next round (E.G.: at the round 1 results thread, you will have to post your submission for round 2).

This current thread still remains for the people to join Group 2 though, so we need more participants!

Also, to clarify a few things:
1.) People have asked me the exact time when the deadlines would be over. These would all be 6:00 GMT (i.e. at 6:00 for all British people). Unless something horrible unlucky happens like a power cut or my computer breaking down, I'll make a post saying the deadline is over at exactly 6:00 GMT and any submissions for that round afterwards are NOT accepted. Use this to find what 6:00 GMT would be in your time ;).

2.) Covers, as krssvr said, fall under the category of remixes, so unfortunately they aren't allowed :\. Remember, every melody must be originally made by you :).

Also, some bad news I'm afraid. The pairs will be posted tomorrow not today, since there was no time. Darklight17 will be posting the pairs in this thread sometime tomorrow.
More bad news; I sent a PM to aliaspharow (one of the judges) saying the competition started, he hasn't replied after 2 days. Don't worry though; if he doesn't answer, we probably have another judge who can take his place ;).

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 16:03:54

At 12/10/09 03:05 PM, Supersteph54 wrote:

Also, to clarify a few things:
1.) People have asked me the exact time when the deadlines would be over. These would all be 6:00 GMT (i.e. at 6:00 for all British people).

Will you be posting when the deadline is after you post the pairs?

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 16:33:17

Also, maybe it is better if we make a seperate thread for each round, as SessileNomad said.

yay new threads

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 16:51:17

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 16:56:57

why is everyone posting their tracks??

the match hasnt started yet lol

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 17:04:55

At 12/9/09 03:22 PM, Supersteph54 wrote: Alright then, that's a great idea! This means everyone in I-Saved-The-World's list can start posting their submissions now. You guys are now Group 1.
At 12/10/09 04:56 PM, SessileNomad wrote: why is everyone posting their tracks??

the match hasnt started yet lol

wachu talkin bout willis?

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 17:08:51

you know what im talkin bout you jive turkey!

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 17:29:54

Count me in :)

Question: Can I submit one of my older songs already on here?
(dnno if its already been answered)

Want a review lemme know! Collab, remix, tips, whatever, just get in touch.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 17:46:08

At 12/10/09 05:29 PM, Jewelz123 wrote: Count me in :)

Question: Can I submit one of my older songs already on here?
(dnno if its already been answered)

no, you'll have to make new tracks every round

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 18:31:39

lol
i just got the email!
XD

okay
can i still join?
looks interesting

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 18:39:26

At 12/10/09 05:08 PM, SessileNomad wrote:

I'm not waiting around besides (unless I missed some fine print) production deadline started yesterday.

Keeping it real with fake computer music since 2006

Spotify

Lime Tea

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 18:47:41

At 12/10/09 06:31 PM, dj-Jo wrote: lol
i just got the email!
XD

okay
can i still join?
looks interesting

oh yeah, and here are the genres i might make

techno
trance
and
Classical (maybe)

I know thats completely opposite, but, I've been getting good in calssical :D

I suck at grammer ^ can't you tell?

Yoooooouuuutuuubeeeee

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 18:48:15

Well I already posted my submission, so I don't have to worry about much unless I'm being paired up with someone classical. But I'll get my material ready well before the next pair-up.

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 19:05:44

At 12/10/09 06:39 PM, Syntrus wrote:
At 12/10/09 05:08 PM, SessileNomad wrote:
I'm not waiting around besides (unless I missed some fine print) production deadline started yesterday.

oh wow i guess i missed that post

ok then ill be posting my track soon enough

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 19:10:56

Sure production commenced yesterday, but why are you posting your tracks now?
Surely you should wait until the first match has actually started, and the new thread to publish your entries in has been made...

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 19:29:35

At 12/10/09 07:10 PM, Phoog wrote: Sure production commenced yesterday, but why are you posting your tracks now?
Surely you should wait until the first match has actually started, and the new thread to publish your entries in has been made...

uhh yeah i guess this would make sense....i need to think more often

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-10 20:47:52

Hey guyz is it too late to sign up?

Newest song: Dinosaur Alien

Reviews/comments appreciated!

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-11 02:01:54

At 12/10/09 07:10 PM, Phoog wrote: Sure production commenced yesterday, but why are you posting your tracks now?

Yeah I guess. But as soon as I started production I was very eager to hear what people thought, so I put it up.
I will, however, save my other submissions for when the next round either starts or is nearly over.

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-11 02:02:39

At 12/10/09 08:47 PM, Anth0n wrote: Hey guyz is it too late to sign up?

Yes. Go away.

Just kidding. :) Signups are still going on for the 2nd tournament half, so sign up and list your genre! :)

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-11 02:43:22

Here's the finished version of the song. Pretty much this is just to repost since we where told to, unless i've misunderstood the rule...

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-11 10:52:10

At 12/10/09 06:48 PM, Pure-Metal-UTA wrote: Well I already posted my submission, so I don't have to worry about much unless I'm being paired up with someone classical. But I'll get my material ready well before the next pair-up.

I'm planning to make Classical, but you don't have to worry if i'm your opponent.
I've been trying to make something for days and each time i open my DAW i make something, decide that it sounds awful and close my DAW again. So yeah, i'm still waiting for a moment of inspiration.. or just pure luck :p

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-11 11:29:28

I hope we're not getting paired up by genre. Although I said I mostly make dnb and dubstep I might just aswell pop out a house track or something. I am infact working on an electro-house track right now

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-11 12:08:33

Page 5? Wow...

So, firstly, some good news. Aliaspharow has replied to my PM, so he'll be judging your songs as well! :D.

Also, maybe some people misunderstood me...
You post your submission for Round 1 IN THIS THREAD. Then, in the thread which announces the results of Round 1, you post your submission for Round 2, and in the Round 2 Results thread, you post your submission for Round 3, etc. If this seems unclear to anyone, go jump off a cliff >(. Joking :P... feel free to ask any questions :). Sorry for being unclear :\.

By the way, I will be announcing at 6:00 GMT that the deadline is reached (of course, unless for some reason I am unable to; in that case I'll ask Darklight17 or aliaspharow if they can), and then, 2 days later the results will be announced in a new thread.

Already seeing some really awesome songs, keep up the great work, guys!

In other news, Darklight made the pairs already - he'll be posting them whenever he can sometime today. I can say from now that the pairs are actually quite interesting :P.

Hehe...

To la-yinn:

Yeah, you are paired up by genre, but don't worry, we won't be strictly making it Trance Vs Trance or DnB Vs DnB. What I'm trying to say is, we try to make it that rock doesn't go against house and classical doesn't go against techno, and usually artists stick to one section of genres which have to do with each other (i.e. you don't usually see artists who make stuff like classical, techno and rock, but you do see quite a few artists who make rock, heavy metal and punk), so by mentioning 3 genres that you usually make, chances are that they have something in common (E.G.: they're all sub-genres of rock, or they're all electronic songs).

Besides, if the pairs do, by coincedence, end up two completely different genres against each other, remember that us judges will judge on how good the song is depending on the genre (E.G.: we won't judge a rock song badly because it doesn't have any flutes and strings, if you get what I mean), so if you're good at making ambient and you're up against someone who makes dance, we won't give you a low score because your song isn't good to dance to, and on the other hand we won't give a bad score to the dance song because it isn't calm enough.

We just wanted two genres that have something to do with each other to help us compare the songs a little more :).

Gah, never talked so much about genres in my life O.o.

Review Request Club | CHECK THIS OUT | Formerly Supersteph54 | I'm an Audio Moderator. PM me for Audio Portal help.

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-11 12:46:42

6 GMT tonight???????????

At 3/27/11 10:22 PM, sugarsimon wrote:

the brilliant songs who create a production for music

Wat

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-11 12:51:38

At 12/11/09 12:46 PM, Envy wrote: 6 GMT tonight???????????

No lol xP. 6:00 GMT in another 12 days :P.

Deadlines can be found on page 3

In other words, Round 1 ends 23rd December, 6:00 GMT ;). Then, on Christmas Day, you guys get your present (AKA, the results XD).

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-11 13:17:49

At 12/11/09 12:56 PM, Chronamut wrote: what about someone lime me Supersteph54 who can pretty much make any genre? I don't want to be limited by genre- I'll simply make whatever pops into my head..

As I said, we only ask for some genres you might be doing so that we can try and pair up people who make genres which are at least slightly alike (E.G.: Heavy Metal and Rock or Trance and Dance. Even though they are not exactly the same thing, there are some things that are common in both the genres). It's not the end of the world if we end up having a pair of two completely different genres - we only would like to know which genres you could be doing so that we're able to compare the songs with each other and show both participants why some aspects of one song are better than some aspects of the other, but you can make any genre you want anyway; you won't get a less score if you make like an ambient song when you were up against a classical song or something ;).

I hope I answered your question :).

BBS Signature

Response to The Ng Audio Death Match! 2009-12-11 13:54:42

Well, here they are folks! All that uve been waiting for. The pairings for the first round are listed below. Just in case ur wondering, it was done in a completely fair way (namely the traditional method of a bad and papers...). Well, i wont keep u waiting any longer, there u go:

ImperfectDisciple vs Kazmo
SessileNomad vs AlextheDJ
Kirbyfemur vs Pure-Metal-UTA
Blackhole12 vs Syntrus
Callitsleep89 vs SineRider
Phoog vs SolusLunes
I-Saved-The-World vs Skela
Osher vs YouriX
DaGrahamCraka vs DjIntheDark
Box-killa vs Daveguy
La-yinn vs Eatmeatleet
Bjra vs Chozz
DragonTeenager vs Envy
Carf vs xKore
Vanguard812 vs Chronamut
ParlorMonkey vs MH16

Well, there u go! Before the brawling begins, id like to wish all participants good luck, and remember, play fairly! (yeah right ;)

Darklight17