Respond to this Topic
YoinK
YoinK
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Game Developer
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Dec. 3rd, 2009 @ 12:57 PM Reply

I put Wacom Tablet on my christmas list about 2 years ago..
and Santa Clause actually delivered me my $100 tablet.
I was so excited that christmas.. and went on to making this animation

probably the most frame by frame work i've ever done at the time all because of this wonderful tablet. I set my tablet up with special keys. So when I press one of the keys it will be either an "insert keyframe" or "insert blankframe" which makes it so much easier to animate.

Kanye West Did What??????
They should make a black guy the manager, they know how to run shit!
2 Girls 1 Cup .... THE SONG!!!!

bisker191
bisker191
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Dec. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:42 PM Reply

TomFulp wrote: RedHarvest has been visiting NG since he was in 5th grade, but it wasn't until 2009 that he started participating with Flash. In the past year, RH submitted several solo works, such as these

me too i am in 5th grade

Yasha920
Yasha920
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Dec. 3rd, 2009 @ 05:31 PM Reply

There are lots and lots of webshops were you can buy your spare tablet stuff, just pick one of the country you live in, because that's easier for the shipping.

The-MickMad
The-MickMad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Dec. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:05 PM Reply

At 12/2/09 04:48 PM, Jezuz wrote:
At 12/2/09 04:35 PM, citricsquid wrote:
You'd be a shit programmer, seriously. To be good at programming you have to be passionate, you have to be willing to work 48 hours without stopping, you have to be fucking incredible at it and doing it for the money just doesn't work. Doing it for the money is a joke, don't bother.

If you don't want to program for programming, don't bother, you'll be awful at it. It's not a 9 - 5 job.
I didn't say I would be a good programmer, now did I? You're like a giant black plague of dick rolling across the plains of Newgrounds. Not literal dick, just, asshole dick. The kind you don't want to be around. Fuck I hate you :)

I'd agree with both, actually it's true that to be a pogrammer u should be able to work 48 hours no stop, but this aint makin a good programmer or not, that's talkin about someone who's passionate, or who has a deadline and still haven't done his work...I had to do this kinda thing last week, in a 48 hours span I had 5 hours of sleeping, and 30 hours of no-stop programming (i really mean no-stop), because I had a deadline for my upcoming exam...in the end the project was still half-done, and i nearly got the exam messed up, but it was fun nonetheless :) if u wanted to be a programmer, and still think about it, imo u should just buy a c++ basics book and read it, it's not that hard actually, as long as u keep thinkin like a machine :P

MICKMAD is on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/Mick108 0dgMad
Go check my Account Page!!! There's more music! And there'll be even more! WOOT

krssvr
krssvr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Audiophile
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Dec. 3rd, 2009 @ 07:27 PM Reply

i must be retarded because i cannot figure out how to install flixel i see no .exe files and such @_@

someone helpz

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me
Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature
extrabastardformula
extrabastardformula
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Dec. 3rd, 2009 @ 08:43 PM Reply

At 12/3/09 07:27 PM, krssvr wrote: i must be retarded because i cannot figure out how to install flixel i see no .exe files and such @_@

it's an actionscript3 library to include and not a program per se. Start making an actionscript3 project and include flixel

Here's the Hello World tutorial. It's for flashDevelop, the free AS3 IDE but there's tuturoials for the other big flex environments too on the flixel wiki.

psychomilkman
psychomilkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Dec. 4th, 2009 @ 02:55 PM Reply

At 12/2/09 04:15 PM, TomFulp wrote: SPECIAL OPS PROJECT I've been training for.

What's this now?

thelittleemo is mai butt buddy ;D
96 bitter beings
Whose Line is it anyway?

BBS Signature
JTDrizzle
JTDrizzle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Dec. 5th, 2009 @ 08:46 AM Reply

Can't participate in flixel february... not thag great with pixelated animation. Oh well...

IMMA TRICKEH MAN!!!1

MashinStudios
MashinStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Dec. 7th, 2009 @ 03:30 AM Reply

Congratz RH, I've seen some of your work previously this year and it's excellent keep up the good work. Also Thanks Tom, not only for the inspiration in the past (even having Newgrounds.com has been one for a long time) and also for providing a link to Flixel. With having our programmer leave us recently this will help us get exciting content on the site faster =D.

VhsTapeclock
VhsTapeclock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 06:56 PM Reply

Hey Tom, can we use sprites BASED off of copyrighted characters, I. E a Mega Man fangame with custom-made sprites?

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Artist
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Dec. 11th, 2009 @ 03:18 AM Reply

would someone made a post about all the downloads of flixel you can get... i seem to be missing the "mode" thing so i havent got anything to compile to... :(...

*not a good start for me :P*

BBS Signature
brettamatowski
brettamatowski
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Dec. 31st, 2009 @ 11:05 PM Reply

At 12/5/09 08:46 AM, JTDrizzle wrote: Can't participate in flixel february... not thag great with pixelated animation. Oh well...

I couldn't find any specifics if it has to be Raster or Vector. Personally, I'm using Vector (non-pixel) for my Flixel submission. Be looking for a game about 3 monsters saving a city from asteroids, just so they can terrorize the cities another day.

Photographer - Digital Painter - Game Designer - Hawt Seckser

axcho
axcho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Jan. 2nd, 2010 @ 02:26 AM Reply

At 12/2/09 04:29 PM, RobHalford wrote: So with flixel, I wouldn't have to make custom classes and class files?

Sucks that it doesn't work that great in the IDE, though. Flex has a few quirks about it that require some reading up on.

You still create your own custom classes, but it's a lot easier with Flixel. And it doesn't require Flex. You can use FlashDevelop instead, which is free.

At 12/2/09 04:41 PM, ragneos wrote: seriously tom, do i need action script to use flixel? and if so is actionscript free?

You need to use ActionScript 3.0 for Flixel, but you can use it for free! :)

I wrote up a handy guide for people who want to get started with ActionScript 3.0 and Flixel, using only free tools. You can read it here: Where to Start with AS3, FlashDevelop and Flixel

Hope it helps! :D Let me know if you have any questions about it.

At 12/11/09 03:18 AM, LegolaSS wrote: would someone made a post about all the downloads of flixel you can get... i seem to be missing the "mode" thing so i havent got anything to compile to... :(...

*not a good start for me :P*

Here's the latest Flixel download: Flixel
And the Mode demo: Mode

I've linked to all the tutorials you'll need in my guide. Check it out. ;)

Good luck everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing some awesome Flixel games...

I believe that games will be as significant a new medium as the printed word ever was, and as powerful a force for change.

I am here to make that happen. Making life more fun

PabMo
PabMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Jan. 27th, 2010 @ 11:49 AM Reply

I downloaded flixel and FlashDevelop. Opened the program then realized I had no idea what I was doing.

Good luck to the rest of Newgrounds though.
brettamatowski
brettamatowski
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Flixel February, Wacom #2 Feb. 28th, 2010 @ 04:40 PM Reply

Here's my submission for the competition.

MonsteroCity

Photographer - Digital Painter - Game Designer - Hawt Seckser