00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xo1029392 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Photoshoped Art

5,324 Views | 78 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-01 11:20:58

these are the things i make..i don't plan on making them when i start out. I mix colors together, change angles, add things, remove things. When something comes into view I bring it to life.

Here is one of many, what do you think?

My Photoshoped Art

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-01 11:30:21

dat guy got filter raped

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-01 12:13:58

At 12/1/09 11:30 AM, havegum wrote: dat guy got filter raped

maybe that's why he has a broken heart lol. i don't think filter raping someone makes the end result of the peice makes it suck. It can only suck, if it looks bad.

High Res(best in full view)

My Photoshoped Art

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-01 12:15:35

Go Gumby, go Gumby, it's your birthday....

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-01 13:21:05

Filter abuse or not, that first one looked pretty interesting.
The second... TOO BRIGHT!! TOO BRIGHT!! MY POOR RETINAS!! But in all seriousness, turn down the brightness.

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-01 13:35:55

At 12/1/09 01:21 PM, Zanroth wrote: Filter abuse or not, that first one looked pretty interesting.
The second... TOO BRIGHT!! TOO BRIGHT!! MY POOR RETINAS!! But in all seriousness, turn down the brightness.

lol alright, i guess i can see where you're comin' from with the brightness.

Here is another:

My Photoshoped Art

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-01 14:44:58

it is a lot of good arts here, keep it coming

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-01 14:49:15

At 12/1/09 12:15 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
Go Gumby, go Gumby, it's your birthday....

Yaay!
All i need now is a birthday cake!

Also, you have some skills here, but try adding even more feelings, moods and emotions in those works!
If it is sad, why is it sad?
and if it is happy, why is it happy?
Make your works overflow with feelings and such.

Or perhaps I've gotten it wrong?

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-01 18:35:20

At 12/1/09 12:13 PM, Synnxile wrote:
...It can only suck, if it looks bad.

Or if it's been filter raped...

Housecoat Neck Juts...

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-01 19:30:06

At 12/1/09 02:44 PM, killbillandwill wrote: it is a lot of good arts here, keep it coming

Why can't people say pictures or images, or pieces, why say "arts"
I DUN DRAWN'D ME SOME ARTS

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-01 20:57:55

Alright thanks for that man. i'll try to remember it more often.

not you rape filter guy, negative critisism is accepted, but so is me sayin' you suck ass

anyway, here's another one:

My Photoshoped Art

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 09:41:41

At 12/1/09 08:57 PM, Synnxile wrote: Alright thanks for that man. i'll try to remember it more often.

not you rape filter guy, negative critisism is accepted, but so is me sayin' you suck ass

Aww ...
I made some constructive critizism as well :(

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 11:53:33

At 12/2/09 09:41 AM, havegum wrote:
At 12/1/09 08:57 PM, Synnxile wrote: Alright thanks for that man. i'll try to remember it more often.

Aww ...
I made some constructive critizism as well :(

lol I was sayin' thanks to you.

Here's another one, it's called To the Surface.It's kind of girly..but w/e, it's what I saw.

My Photoshoped Art

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 14:22:29

Maybe you should actually draw something, instead of scribbling and applying 20 different filters.

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 15:12:58

At 12/1/09 01:35 PM, Synnxile wrote:
Here is another:

That looks really, really nice. I like it.

The chat is not finished.

200!

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 15:31:22

At 12/2/09 02:22 PM, ChillyCheese wrote: Maybe you should actually draw something, instead of scribbling and applying 20 different filters.

This is a photoshop thread. photoshop has filters. Never have i seen in the giant ass rulebook that doesn't exist saying "Use 1 filter, or maybe 2". I'll use how many I want until i like my art. Get over it. Every artist has differences, and simularities.

Here's another one, it's called Sharp Colors:

My Photoshoped Art

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 15:42:40

I'm sorry to have to say this, but the last picture wasn't as good as the previous ones. The strong Pink/Purple color kinda spoiled the whole work.
Use contrasts with caution; Contrasts can be the best tool in the world while illustrating relationships, but it can also become a total chaos if you don't get it right (Again, don't look at me for references)

Try molding shapes like faces and clouds and such with low contrast to the background, and then make the motif stand out. In this work, all those explotions/firework-thingys are standing in contrast while I think making only a couple of them as strong would make the picture more "attractive"

This is a curve of progress as I see it.

Always sceptic at beginning
Gets better
Loses alot of "it" at the last work.

My Photoshoped Art

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 15:44:17

Post above is about "To the surface"

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 16:03:30

thanks for have Havegum, i'll think about it.

Here's another one. i like it:

My Photoshoped Art

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 16:16:02

At 12/2/09 04:03 PM, Synnxile wrote: thanks for have Havegum, i'll think about it.

Here's another one. i like it:

oh look, flashy clip art.

PM me if I'm an idiot, and should change something

PM me if you're an idiot and would like to talk about it

just PM me, CAUSE I'M AN ATTENTION WHORE

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 16:22:09

Btw, To the Surface got favorited several times on DeviantArt, so i'm not complaining.

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 16:57:49

At 12/2/09 03:31 PM, Synnxile wrote:

:I'll use how many I want until i like my art.

Haha, so you don't actually like your art? You just use filters to make up for the fact that you suck?

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 17:04:19

At 12/2/09 04:22 PM, Synnxile wrote: Btw, To the Surface got favorited several times on DeviantArt, so i'm not complaining.

Oh, wow, golly, that's just downright amazing.

DeviantArt, where almost anything and everything is favourited by somebody

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 17:12:42

At 12/2/09 04:22 PM, Synnxile wrote: Btw, To the Surface got favorited several times on DeviantArt, so i'm not complaining.

This is newgrounds, not deviant art, I could give two shits about what happens over there... now, as for the works themselves, the use of filters does make them look much, much better. However, it is very easy to tell that you used them in some intstances. I really think that when some will see your art though that they wont like it as much as if you did the effects yourself.

try dropping the filters once and awhile actually drawing more on it, instead of using filters to finish something

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 17:59:16

look, i enjoy the critisism. but i'm still going to make the art the way i make it..if newgrounds members don't like it, well.. i guess i can live without.

jeez..fuck it..

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 18:03:06

At 12/2/09 05:59 PM, Synnxile wrote: look, i enjoy the critisism. but i'm still going to make the art the way i make it..if newgrounds members don't like it, well.. i guess i can live without.

jeez..fuck it..

Ok, bye then!

- The Run -- Cargo || The Run -- Drop - The Run is an episodic sci-fi story, click the image to go to the Main Page.

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 18:19:01

At 12/1/09 11:20 AM, Synnxile wrote: these are the things i make..i don't plan on making them when i start out. I mix colors together, change angles, add things, remove things. When something comes into view I bring it to life.

filters are just another thing to use to help me see what i see.

can you just tell me what the big deal is about using filters without acting like a bunch of dickheads?

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 18:27:14

Nothing is wrong with filters if they are used in moderation, which you aren't.

You're just scribbling random colors in Photoshop and then applying 10 different filters until it doesn't look like you put zero effort into it.

All your doing is hiding shitty artwork behind filters, that is what is wrong with it.

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 18:28:38

At 12/2/09 06:19 PM, Synnxile wrote: can you just tell me what the big deal is about using filters without acting like a bunch of dickheads?

Filters are for lazy people, it also shows your not willing to try something on your own. In some instances, filters end up making the piece look worse (or atleast from some of em ive seen), it does the opposite for you, it makes your drawings look better, however, it hides not so good art. Drop the filters and practice a bit more to get a better end result, then, you might not need the filters, or, you can use them again, but the underlying piece of art will be better, even though you have taken the lazy route to takign it over the edge....

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshoped Art 2009-12-02 18:33:50

At 12/2/09 06:28 PM, Snowman wrote:
At 12/2/09 06:19 PM, Synnxile wrote: can you just tell me what the big deal is about using filters without acting like a bunch of dickheads?
Filters are for lazy people, it also shows your not willing to try something on your own. In some instances, filters end up making the piece look worse (or atleast from some of em ive seen), it does the opposite for you, it makes your drawings look better, however, it hides not so good art. Drop the filters and practice a bit more to get a better end result, then, you might not need the filters, or, you can use them again, but the underlying piece of art will be better, even though you have taken the lazy route to takign it over the edge....

fucking finally..thanks snowman for that. i'll look into it. wish this thread would get locked, tired of seeing people bash me constantly. it's like they're on a mission to make me feel like shit.