Minion777
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-01 19:31:58 Reply

This isnt over yet?

Its 2010 already shit fuck.

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000 DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-01 19:33:30 Reply

At 1/1/10 07:12 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Some category ideas.

Comeback of the year
A user who came back after a few months and stayed recognizable for a long time.

Drama queen Award ==> DavidZX award
I miss you award ==> Sanjay Award
His loss will be mourned.

I definitely agree with those.

They shall both be missed.

RIP Sanjay and Davidzx

Portal, Chat & BBS Moderator

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-01 19:41:23 Reply

DavidZX award
This award goes to a special someone who no matter the shame, the consequences, the bans, anything else you can think of tried to profit and get attention out of it. Let's hope the user who wins this award doesn't whine about it and try to kill themselves.....

Sanjay Award
That one special user everyone loved or hated who suddenly faded away with time itself one day. We hope they will come back. Whoever gets this award will be forever mourned, we miss you whoever wins this. We miss you dearly.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Cordyceps
Cordyceps
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Animator
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-01 19:42:21 Reply

Needless to say, DannyJay fucked up the '09 awards.

Dibs on making the '10 thread.

@some unkind moderator altered the height of my signature http://sonicfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_Fanon_Wiki If you do acid, wait an hour before swimming

BBS Signature
Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-01 19:45:05 Reply

At 1/1/10 07:12 PM, SCTE3 wrote: I miss you award ==> Sanjay Award
His loss will be mourned.

Wouldn't he fall under bbs awards 2010?

hey

BBS Signature
Bladezguy
Bladezguy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-01 19:46:42 Reply

Pointless...

PSN: BLADEZGUY Xbox live: FatlessPuddle0 Army Rangers

BBS Signature
InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-01 20:41:12 Reply

At 1/1/10 07:42 PM, Digital-Terror wrote: Needless to say, DannyJay fucked up the '09 awards.

Danny didn't entirely fuck up the awards. I don't feel too unsafe saying that this year's failure is in part due to how poorly crafted the nominations thread was, but I think a lot of the harm was done by the community as a whole. A lot of people abstained from voting meaning that it only took two or three votes in many instances to get to the finals. That may be in part due to people being discouraged by the nominations thread, yes, and I think it could also have to do with the fact that Danny's name doesn't draw a lot of reverence. But the later isn't Danny's fault and the biggest contributor, in my mind, was just people's indifference. That's my perspective anyways.

[quote] whoa art what

BBS Signature
sumidiotdude
sumidiotdude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-01 20:45:22 Reply

At 1/1/10 07:42 PM, Digital-Terror wrote: Needless to say, DannyJay fucked up the '09 awards.

I really don't think he did. He used a questionable, but mathematical system to choose several users in the categories, so take it or leave it I suppose.

Fair enough, maybe by '11 I'll be looked on as a respectd user and I'll make that thread.

PM me for info on bears Suhm-Id-Ee-Uht-Dood not Puh-Tur-Oh. Last.fm

BBS Signature
EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-01 20:52:25 Reply

Danny remember when you post the results add a fun fact and a decently long description for each.
Danny remember when you post the results add a fun fact and a decently long description for each.

DO IT. And I mean it, do it.

BBS Signature
Krbyfan1
Krbyfan1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-01 21:29:47 Reply

At 1/1/10 08:41 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: That may be in part due to people being discouraged by the nominations thread, yes, and I think it could also have to do with the fact that Danny's name doesn't draw a lot of reverence. But the later isn't Danny's fault and the biggest contributor, in my mind, was just people's indifference. That's my perspective anyways.

Danny is more known infamously around here than not, and throw in the fact that I can't keep track of the users who pass through the BBS as well as others do, and the fact the same 5 people are nominated for the same awards, there's no incentive to get these awards which mean nothing more than what the awards are named after; social status tags.

Really it all boils down to "who gives a crap?" for most of us. I participated in the Mid-Year awards but now I see it as pointless.

Krbyfan1(kur-bee-fan-one)- A creature that resides in the state of Colorado. Distinguished by his size, love of small mammals, video games, and the anime series "Tenchi Muyo!"

BBS Signature
<deleted>
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-01 21:45:54 Reply

On the "pointless" aspect of the awards, barring the ego aspect I already brought up in jest, the awards are also quite a hot button for when it comes to locking certain threads. I don't mean to disrespect the moderators in any way, but it helps to have something along the lines of "wait for the yearly circlejerk awards" on the clipboard when a certain type of thread is sighted. That thread might be, "who's the worst user?", "who's the best user?", "whos' the worst mod?", "who's the best mod?", etc. It saves a bit of space, put even shorter.

And as always, the BBS has a community close enough to warrant such needs. If someone who's spent over a year as a regular on the BBS can look me in the level icon and say that 100% don't care what anyone here thinks of them, I think they're probably lying, going along the same sort of lines that the phrase about wanting to be a mod goes. Older users might deny it, but I bet they like it when they see their usernames popping up in "who do you miss?" styled threads, another category aimed to be targetted by the good old BBS awards.

So we can have a bit of fun with it all. If only we disbanded the awards and I had a shot of good vodka for every sort of the thread mentioned above made.

I promise not to abuse it, I swear.

EJR
EJR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Animator
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-03 05:13:37 Reply

At 1/1/10 08:52 PM, EJR wrote: Danny remember when you post the results add a fun fact and a decently long description for each.

DO IT. And I mean it, do it.

Danny best not mess up or else. I expect you to post a fun fact and a decently long description for each person that wins at their category.

Davidzx auto wins drama queen though. Just make a description for him though, I already have a fun fact for him.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-03 05:42:10 Reply

New award ideas;

Biggest Suckup of the year:

This award goes to the user mostly found tagging along to any mod post. You've seen the kind - Quoting every mod they can, trying to get chummy with Tom in his news posts, constantly appearing as a gold aura shadow.

Biggest All Round Contributor:

I know these awards are for the BBS, more so for General really, but why not award one of the users who post often enough and still contribute to this site in a great way. We can all think of a few decent flash animators who manage to post a lot as well as err flash a lot, and this goes for audio work and art, even the guys who skip from General to Wi/ht and back to C&C. Why not 'reward' those who contribute more than by just posting?

I Miss Yew? Wish We Had The Chance To Miss Yew:

Basically who do you wish would just stop posting altogether, to be gone from this place. I think it could be different from 'Worst Poster', because with worst poster, sometimes their badness can be funny, or at least funny to respond to. This is kind of like "Who do you internet hate on Newgrounds?".

Then finally my favourite;

Biggest Dick Of The Year:

I mean penis size. We will need to get accurate measurements to judge this one. I volunteer.

Also Danny, don't forget to put funny descriptions for the winners.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-03 10:04:00 Reply

Speaking of award suggestions, I do have a few myself:

1. Remove Biggest Attention Whore category

Why do we even have an award category dedicated to giving, well...ATTENTION to attention whores? I feel these kind of people shouldn't be given an award for trying to get attention from the majority of the BBS. Surely there must be some jackasses who deliberately do whatever it takes to get nominated for this award and is that kind of encouragement wanted around here?

2. Best Artist becomes Best Creator

OK, maybe Best Creator isn't the best description for this but why do we only have one award for artist and nothing else? Why not have an award that focuses on not just art but also flash, audio and writing as well? The awards did have a Best Writer category ages ago and considering we'll get the Literature Portal eventually and all the Monthly Writing Contests we've had, I think now (or rather the next awards) would be a great time to re-introduce Best Writer but under my suggested category.

One could argue that there should be four individual categories but if there's one department you're not too familiar with such as myself with audio, you won't have a good idea on who to nominate for all four so putting them together will be more convenient. Sure, there are those who only do audio but they could still be nominated if what they've done is very outstanding to the user who is nominating for him/her.

That's my thoughts on the two suggestions. Feel free to agree and of course disagree if I'm wrong in any way.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ] Formerly Bahamut

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-03 10:10:03 Reply

At 1/3/10 10:04 AM, Bahamut wrote:
That's my thoughts on the two suggestions. Feel free to agree and of course disagree if I'm wrong in any way.

I agree with the removal of 'Attention Whore', to be honest we don't need BOTH Attention Whore and Drama Queen. They are both too similiar and too shit. You're right, bad things don't need to be 'rewarded' so much. I say lose one for sure. Well lose 'Attention Whore'. At least with Drama Queen it can be quite funny. Didn't Wade 'win' it a few times?

As for the other suggestion, I agree and disagree. Besides the fact that the title sounds too similiar to "Master Creator", you can't have a "Biggest Creator". I do agree on more awards though that include things not just forum related. "Master Artist", "Master Writer", "Master DJ", "Master Bater".

Wait, scratch that last one.

Anyway, yeah there should be more for these users do made shit and post too. They deserve it.

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-03 10:11:25 Reply

I meant Best not Biggest D:

BBS Signature
Carmilla
Carmilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-03 10:14:40 Reply

We still do awards?

a.k.a. Mary My NG Wiki Page "i guess it's settled that carm is a the manliest and most chauvinistic of mods? ^_________^" - Rucklo

BBS Signature
hhhh
hhhh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-03 10:25:28 Reply

I honestly wanted to vote but all i really saw was a big list of boring questions and i only knew about 3 of the users. When the finals came out there were like ... what... 5 different users to choose from?
I just couldn't be bothered. It's not a very fun concept... In theory i can see how it would be.

Sorry for not voting.

PM for a review on your music or flash video. LUL! should of asked stem to make my sig.

BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-03 11:04:00 Reply

At 1/1/10 06:44 PM, sumidiotdude wrote: Anybody else think the awards should have some new categories?

"Should be a mod".
For the person you think deserves it (for whatever reason) the most, or would be good at it.

Farza
Farza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-03 11:04:40 Reply

I should have won all the awards :(.

I am a FAB

BBS Signature
M-Y
M-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Bbs Awards : Discussion 2010-01-17 10:04:26 Reply

At 1/3/10 11:04 AM, windowskiller wrote: I should have won all the awards :(.

Give us a very good reason