supperman2
supperman2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 03:29 AM

Or lack thereof.

1. HURR GIMMICKY: Gimmick. Noun. An ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, esp. one designed to attract attention or increase appeal. Basically, if you don't like something because it's gimmicky, you might as well not like it for being popular. A gimmick just takes something that exists and changes it to where it makes the game feel unique.

2. HURR NO GAEMZ: True, most games for Wii suck ass, but the ones that ARE out for are the reasons to buy a Wii, they are that good. The only thing keeping Super Mario Galaxy from being 2007 Game of the Year was because Bioshock had more advanced graphics.

3. HURR WAGGLE: Really? For the most part, using the Wiimote feels natural and almost all the time is responsive. If not, it's a problem with the game, not the Wii. If you think it makes you look silly, you look NOTHING like the faggots in commercials do.

4. HURR NO DEE VEE DEE PLAYURR: Look in any home that owns any form of entertainment, they will have a stand-alone DVD player. No need to program one into a Wii, unless you're that desperate for HD, which most people aren't.

5. HURR LAST-GEN GRAPHICZ: I'm sorry, aren't you the ones who keep saying graphics don't matter?

The Wii is a good system, not saying it's as good as the others, but the reasons made up for it are pathetic. Maybe this wi

The Wii and its flaws.

BBS Signature
Aigis
Aigis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 04:29 AM

At 11/27/09 03:29 AM, supperman2 wrote: 5. HURR LAST-GEN GRAPHICZ: I'm sorry, aren't you the ones who keep saying graphics don't matter?

That's really not true.

The people who argue that the Wii has terrible graphics, and the people that argue that graphics don't matter are different groups of people.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature
Spade422
Spade422
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 04:39 AM

flame and troll rant is obvious

by the way, you convince no one, fanboy

If you are reading this, you are a dick. If you are typing this, you are an even bigger dick.. o wait...

the-balance
the-balance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 05:14 AM

mmmm if u have DVDx you can play DVDs on ur wii

graphics could be better, but i wouldnt get a game only because it had great graphics. but yeah graphics are lame compared to ps3 and xbox 360

BBS Signature
Raiespio
Raiespio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 12:31 PM

At 11/27/09 03:29 AM, supperman2 wrote: 2. HURR NO GAEMZ: True, most games for Wii suck ass, but the ones that ARE out for are the reasons to buy a Wii, they are that good. The only thing keeping Super Mario Galaxy from being 2007 Game of the Year was because Bioshock had more advanced graphics.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Miracles happen.

BBS Signature
LTmatt
LTmatt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 01:03 PM

At 11/27/09 04:29 AM, Aigis wrote:
At 11/27/09 03:29 AM, supperman2 wrote: 5. HURR LAST-GEN GRAPHICZ: I'm sorry, aren't you the ones who keep saying graphics don't matter?
That's really not true.

The people who argue that the Wii has terrible graphics, and the people that argue that graphics don't matter are different groups of people.

I think that graphics matter, and are shit on the wii.

There you go.

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 01:05 PM

At 11/27/09 03:29 AM, supperman2 wrote: The only thing keeping Super Mario Galaxy from being 2007 Game of the Year was because Bioshock had more advanced graphics.

Okay clearly you haven't played Bioshock because if you've played both of those games and think that Super Mario Galaxy is better you are retarded. The Wii is for little kids who aren't ready for gory games and want simple controllers. And it is a gimmick, the controller is to attract little kids who think that shit is cool. Gimmicks are not good, that means that the console has no standing of it's own without that silly stupid bullshit.

supperman2
supperman2
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 01:07 PM

MY TROLLING IS FUCKING OBVIOUS, YOU MORONS. MAYBE YOU NEED GLASSES BECAUSE I CLEARLY SEE THE REST OF THE OP CUT OFF BY A RANDOM PICTURE OF BILL COSBY

I FUCKING HATE YOU PEOPLE

FUCK

JFNKFNBIRGHEIHIQOPINOJCNOUVNBBFBW

BBS Signature
KeithHybrid
KeithHybrid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 01:24 PM

At 11/27/09 01:07 PM, supperman2 wrote: MY TROLLING IS FUCKING OBVIOUS, YOU MORONS. MAYBE YOU NEED GLASSES BECAUSE I CLEARLY SEE THE REST OF THE OP CUT OFF BY A RANDOM PICTURE OF BILL COSBY

I FUCKING HATE YOU PEOPLE

FUCK

JFNKFNBIRGHEIHIQOPINOJCNOUVNBBFBW

ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature
ArmouredGRIFFON
ArmouredGRIFFON
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Reader
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 04:00 PM

At 11/27/09 01:07 PM, supperman2 wrote: MY TROLLING IS FUCKING OBVIOUS, YOU MORONS. MAYBE YOU NEED GLASSES BECAUSE I CLEARLY SEE

Like a bridge over troubled water

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature
Supermatx1
Supermatx1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 05:25 PM

It's a console made for casual gamers, not for hardcores. We need to be a lot in the gaming world so we have more people to fight jerks like the unnameable.

Raiespio
Raiespio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Gamer
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 06:55 PM

At 11/27/09 03:29 AM, supperman2 wrote: 2. HURR NO GAEMZ: True, most games for Wii suck ass, but the ones that ARE out for are the reasons to buy a Wii, they are that good. The only thing keeping Super Mario Galaxy from being 2007 Game of the Year was because Bioshock had more advanced graphics.

And actually...
As far as this goes, SSBB got 40/40 on Famitsu.

Miracles happen.

BBS Signature
Maverick-Alex
Maverick-Alex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 07:02 PM

At 11/27/09 04:39 AM, Spade422 wrote: flame and troll rant is obvious

This is why I hate you all. I hate you. I hate this forum, I hate you people and your seed.

knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 08:23 PM

What?
The Wii has flaws.
The Wii has plenty of flaws.
Just like PS3 and 360 however.

People favor PS3 and 360 over Wii, because of what the 360/PS3 gives them--that the Wii doesn't.

The Wii has 512 MB of storage.
That's laughable, because it supports SD card with 4 times more space. There are flash drives that you can accidentally swallow (and not choke on) that have more space that the Wii's storage. That's inexcusable with today's technology.

The Wii has no OS.
Just a shoddy firmware, it's incapable of any real changes or improvements to the software that it runs on, all it can do is alter the hardware through the use of IOS--which corrupt easily, which is far more dangerous, while the 360/PS3 can just modify the software, much safer and more efficient.

No wired controllers.
If I had to choose, I'd choose wired over wireless.
Too fucking bad I can't do that with my Wii. Now I have to waste money on batteries, rechargable batteries which lose it's ability to hold a charge as time goes by.

Easily--and I do mean easily hackable.
Shoddy firmware causes the console to get hacked with simple items that you can buy in a retail store. You can literally get all you need to hack a Wii console from Best Buy and downloads from the internet, which are free. While depending on your intent to use, this can be a really good thing, but the Wii's own vulnerability subjects it piracy of their precious virtual console games.

Now aside from those, it's all chalked up to personal preference.
However one thing is true, albeit few and far between the Wii does release some masterpieces that any gamer should take a gander at, but most gamers are too stuck up and cocky to buy a Wii, because they built up some sense of pride.

If they want to miss out and be idiots, let them.

At it's core, the Wii is a gaming console, with game. So lets shut the fuck up and play them.

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
Meepster
Meepster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 08:43 PM

I hate the wii, I can't believe I wasted money on it. I sold it and bought myself a PS3 and I'm much happier.

also, the 360 is good but it eats your money

brb ninjas surrounding house

BBS Signature
coolbond007
coolbond007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 08:49 PM

At 11/27/09 08:43 PM, Meepster wrote: I hate the wii, I can't believe I wasted money on it. I sold it and bought myself a PS3 and I'm much happier.

PS3 ROCKS!!!!

wcatdoor
wcatdoor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 28th, 2009 @ 12:11 AM

At 11/27/09 08:43 PM, Meepster wrote: I hate the wii, I can't believe I wasted money on it. I sold it and bought myself a PS3 and I'm much happier.

Unlike u i was not smart enough to hock my wii as soon as the "shiny" effect wore off

DL:

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 28th, 2009 @ 06:34 AM

At 11/27/09 08:23 PM, knuxrouge wrote: The Wii has 512 MB of storage.
That's laughable, because it supports SD card with 4 times more space. There are flash drives that you can accidentally swallow (and not choke on) that have more space that the Wii's storage. That's inexcusable with today's technology.

Don't you have the option of buying hard drives that can hold more for the PS3 and XBOX 360? I say that having more of a free choice of SD Memory Card, being able to store information on it and take it to a friend's house is the same as using a memory card. The XBOX 360 also has the option of a memory card.

Heck I would rather store most of my Virtual Console games on an SD card.

The Wii has no OS.
Just a shoddy firmware, it's incapable of any real changes or improvements to the software that it runs on, all it can do is alter the hardware through the use of IOS--which corrupt easily, which is far more dangerous, while the 360/PS3 can just modify the software, much safer and more efficient.

Hey this is a "Video Game System" not a computer. That's one reason why there have been more technical problems with both the PS3 and the XBOX 360 than the Nintendo Wii. Sony and Microsoft built their systems like computers. The Wii is the only video game system left.

No wired controllers.
If I had to choose, I'd choose wired over wireless.
Too fucking bad I can't do that with my Wii. Now I have to waste money on batteries, rechargable batteries which lose it's ability to hold a charge as time goes by.

I'm with you on this one. Don't get me wrong the Wii Remote and Nunchuck are a new way of playing video games. The best games I've seen utilize the controllers have been The Conduit, MadWorld, Super Mario Galaxy, and surprisingly Super Mario Galaxy. What I don't get is why the Classic Controller has to be plugged into the Wii Remote to work. I should have the option of plugging it into my Wii with an end the same as the Gamecube controller.

But to be fair I enjoy the Classic Controller and the Wii Remote and Nunchuck. But getting recharge stations and shit like that for them is a pain in the ass. But correct me if I'm wrong here. The newer models of XBOX 360 and PS3 sell with wireless controllers as well and don't you have to buy recharge stations for those as well?

Easily--and I do mean easily hackable.
Shoddy firmware causes the console to get hacked with simple items that you can buy in a retail store. You can literally get all you need to hack a Wii console from Best Buy and downloads from the internet, which are free. While depending on your intent to use, this can be a really good thing, but the Wii's own vulnerability subjects it piracy of their precious virtual console games.

That's why you have to be careful about who you give your information out to.

Now aside from those, it's all chalked up to personal preference.
However one thing is true, albeit few and far between the Wii does release some masterpieces that any gamer should take a gander at, but most gamers are too stuck up and cocky to buy a Wii, because they built up some sense of pride.

Yes the Wii does have some good games and more are tend to come. I own a Nintendo Wii and I'm planning on getting a PS3 next.

If they want to miss out and be idiots, let them.
At it's core, the Wii is a gaming console, with game. So lets shut the fuck up and play them.

Here, Here!

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 28th, 2009 @ 07:51 AM

At 11/28/09 06:34 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Don't you have the option of buying hard drives that can hold more for the PS3 and XBOX 360? I say that having more of a free choice of SD Memory Card, being able to store information on it and take it to a friend's house is the same as using a memory card. The XBOX 360 also has the option of a memory card.

Heck I would rather store most of my Virtual Console games on an SD card.

Oh, moving data is fine, it's dandy, I'm not bashing the SD cards, but the Wii should still have it's needed space.
You'd be interested to know, that your Wii's storage still influences your SD storage with VC games, you can't stock up on VC games, since the Wii swaps it out of the SD card, to temporarily play it.
It's not running on the SD, it's being cut/pasted on the Wii's storage then booting from there.
Placebo much?
Also, you still cannot being your VC games to another Wii console. It's impossible, unless you move the hardware (Wii's internal storage) directly.
Still inexcusable. I'd rather have 20GB of space with the option of needing an SD card, than a half a GB that forces me to use an SD card. 512 MB is simply inconvenient, especially considering that about 4 N64 games uses up that space.

Hey this is a "Video Game System" not a computer. That's one reason why there have been more technical problems with both the PS3 and the XBOX 360 than the Nintendo Wii. Sony and Microsoft built their systems like computers. The Wii is the only video game system left.

The technical problems that the 360 and PS3 suffer through are hardware related. And the few software issues that come about, those are fixed through patches, however, the Wii really can't do anything but cloak it behind a hardware modification designed to just ignore/avoid the problem, instead of fixing it. It's technical, makeshit and inflexible.
They're capabilities to do more with it would be expanded with an OS, and it would have overall been a stronger (technologically speaking) console.

But to be fair I enjoy the Classic Controller and the Wii Remote and Nunchuck. But getting recharge stations and shit like that for them is a pain in the ass. But correct me if I'm wrong here. The newer models of XBOX 360 and PS3 sell with wireless controllers as well and don't you have to buy recharge stations for those as well?

You can have a wired controller and keep the motion controls intact. There was no reason not to have the option. 360s come with wireless, true, but that's why I put money aside to buy a wired controller. Can't do that with the Wii.

That's why you have to be careful about who you give your information out to.

You don't need to to hack your Wii!
You can hack into a Wii with an SD card and shit downloaded off the internet, you are never required to give out any personal info to anyone.
And the hacking process in itself is perfectly legal, you can find tutorials on the various ways to hack a Wii on youtube. You never have to open the console or give any personal information.

It's nice to see you defending the Wii, but it has flaws--in black and white.
It's not a perfect console.
But, that doesn't mean it's a bad console.

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
AlbinoTitan
AlbinoTitan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 28th, 2009 @ 02:17 PM

At 11/27/09 07:02 PM, Maverick-Alex wrote:
At 11/27/09 04:39 AM, Spade422 wrote: flame and troll rant is obvious

This is why I hate you all. I hate you. I hate this forum, I hate you people and your seed.

NO U

I CONCUR WITH THE WII SUCKING

Gremlin
Gremlin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 28th, 2009 @ 03:42 PM

At 11/27/09 04:29 AM, Aigis wrote:
That's really not true.

i agree with you,i hate those people who thinks that the graphics are the most important thing.
i have Wii and i think that playing is much funnier with it than Xbox or playstation
oh and one more thing... THERE IS NOT BIG DIFFERENCES IN THE GODDAM GRAPHICS AND THEY ARE NOT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING!!!!!PLAYING IS SUPPOSED TO BE FUN!!!

I regret nothing! I didn't steal this signature, I just took it without permission and modified it :3

BBS Signature
TheJamoke
TheJamoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wii and its flaws. Nov. 28th, 2009 @ 04:06 PM

Seriously you guys wtf

BBS Signature