New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 16th, 2013 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 6/16/13 12:39 PM, ShadowWest wrote: Friend popped around earlier, lent him some PS3 games in exchange for Deadly Premonition

Is it the Xbox 360 version you got? I only ask because I know there was a sort of enhanced version released on PS3 not too long ago.

Deadly Premonition is great but very, very weird. Weird in a good way though. I've been wanting to go back and finish it for a while but I'm caught up in other games right now. It's a game that's definitely lacking polish and it does feel somewhat clunky and dated, but if you can look past that there's something so unique and likeable about it. Let me know how you get on with it. Maybe you'll kick start me into playing it again.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 16th, 2013 @ 01:18 PM Reply

Suddenly got a craving to go back to Frontlines Fuel of War of all games. It was the first game I ever had on my xbox. I decided to go over all the missions I needed to do without dying and got another 100G out of it. All the other achievements are online and are worth the last 400G but seeing as it's dead I doubt I'll be getting any of them.

Back to Fable III.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 16th, 2013 @ 01:20 PM Reply

My bad on posting that again. My browser messed up horrifically.

Does that mean you haven't got any pedals left, ShadowWest? Because if so congratulations on achieving the single worst feeling in the history of the world. If not, I hope the rest of your pedals hold up.

ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 16th, 2013 @ 06:43 PM Reply

At 6/16/13 12:39 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
Is it the Xbox 360 version you got? I only ask because I know there was a sort of enhanced version released on PS3 not too long ago.

Deadly Premonition is great but very, very weird. Weird in a good way though. I've been wanting to go back and finish it for a while but I'm caught up in other games right now. It's a game that's definitely lacking polish and it does feel somewhat clunky and dated, but if you can look past that there's something so unique and likeable about it. Let me know how you get on with it. Maybe you'll kick start me into playing it again.

Yeah it's the 360 version. It's a shame they didn't release that new version on 360 too though. I love these wacky types of games, they have their own special and appealing charm about them that others lack. I'll let you know about my experience with it.

At 6/16/13 01:20 PM, Snuff wrote: Does that mean you haven't got any pedals left, ShadowWest? Because if so congratulations on achieving the single worst feeling in the history of the world.

Yes it does, feels terrible man, even more so because I just started getting fair share of gold stars on 4, 5 and devil-tiered songs too :(

Oh well, back to guitar and bass for now. I'd love to get all Iron Maiden songs gold starred on guitar, I only have The Prisoner, Number of the Beast and The Trooper, but the solos are just brutal, I'll hopefully get them done sometime.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 16th, 2013 @ 07:01 PM Reply

At 6/16/13 06:43 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
Yes it does, feels terrible man, even more so because I just started getting fair share of gold stars on 4, 5 and devil-tiered songs too :(

It's horrible because the pedals individually are usually horribly expensive or impossible to find. At least they used to be, I've not had reason to check for some time now. Hopefully you don't have to go through this for too long my friend, it's not nice looking at a kit and knowing it's useless just because of one pedal.

Oh well, back to guitar and bass for now. I'd love to get all Iron Maiden songs gold starred on guitar, I only have The Prisoner, Number of the Beast and The Trooper, but the solos are just brutal, I'll hopefully get them done sometime.

At least you can go and overtake me on any songs I may have somehow beat your scores on now.

warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 16th, 2013 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 6/16/13 01:06 PM, Dean wrote: Deadly Premonition is great but very, very weird. Weird in a good way though.

I'm currently watching a lets play of it on YouTube and damn this game is weird. I was expecting a sort've basic version of L.A. Noire or something else along those lines.

Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 16th, 2013 @ 07:14 PM Reply

At 6/16/13 07:01 PM, Snuff wrote: It's horrible because the pedals individually are usually horribly expensive or impossible to find. At least they used to be, I've not had reason to check for some time now. Hopefully you don't have to go through this for too long my friend, it's not nice looking at a kit and knowing it's useless just because of one pedal.

Thankfully my friend has offered to give me his pedal in case I can't fix one of mine, seeing as how he can't play RB for the time being. It's strange though, as soon as I walk in my room, the first thing I see is the kit and my heart breaks every single time ;_;

At least you can go and overtake me on any songs I may have somehow beat your scores on now.

If I feel like it, I will! I'm tempted to try and get the last 3 on-disc songs gold starred on guitar actually, I'm missing Crazy Train, Free Bird and Rainbow in the Dark. I'm super close to CT and RitB, but I'm guessing FB requires you to hit that solo 100% which I'm confident I can do now.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 16th, 2013 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 6/16/13 07:14 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
If I feel like it, I will! I'm tempted to try and get the last 3 on-disc songs gold starred on guitar actually, I'm missing Crazy Train, Free Bird and Rainbow in the Dark. I'm super close to CT and RitB, but I'm guessing FB requires you to hit that solo 100% which I'm confident I can do now.

I seem to remember having all of those gold starred on drums, though on guitar all three of them are at either 92 or 93% so they need some work.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 16th, 2013 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 6/16/13 07:08 PM, warshark wrote: I'm currently watching a lets play of it on YouTube and damn this game is weird. I was expecting a sort've basic version of L.A. Noire or something else along those lines.

I'd say it's worth picking up if you get the chance. It's not an expensive game either. There are plenty copies on eBay selling for around £10. I think that's all I paid for it when I bought it a while back. I think the weird humour is definitely one of the game's selling point, but it's odd because it goes from this goofy, nonsensical sense of humour to a somewhat creepy atmosphere. It works well and it feels as though it has a lot to offer.

Driving controls are terrible though :P

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 17th, 2013 @ 09:59 AM Reply

At 6/16/13 08:24 PM, Dean wrote: I'd say it's worth picking up if you get the chance. It's not an expensive game either. There are plenty copies on eBay selling for around Ã'£10. I think that's all I paid for it when I bought it a while back. I think the weird humour is definitely one of the game's selling point, but it's odd because it goes from this goofy, nonsensical sense of humour to a somewhat creepy atmosphere. It works well and it feels as though it has a lot to offer.

Driving controls are terrible though :P

From what i've seen already in the lets play I think your paragraph pretty much sums up the game!
I think at the moment I need to put more time into finishing games I already have. First stop will probably Dragons Dogma.

Sig made by simon <3
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 17th, 2013 @ 10:54 AM Reply

At 6/17/13 09:59 AM, warshark wrote: I think at the moment I need to put more time into finishing games I already have.

I hear that. I've been holding back on buying games recently and focusing more on completing the ones I already have. For the last few years I've always considered myself a games collector, so as a result I end up with massive piles of games (that I usually get really cheap) and it's impossible to get through them all. Every time I beat one I realise I've gotten like 5 more since then.

There are a few Xbox 360 games I have sitting around that I've not beaten yet and want to complete eventually:

Alpha Protocol
Bioshock 1 & 2
Blue Dragon
Darksiders 2
Deadly Premonition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition
Fallout New Vegas
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect 3
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Tales of Vesperia
Two Worlds II

And those are just the Xbox games I'm wanting to play. There's a ton more on other consoles too. But a good few of the games I listed are games that I've made significant progress with in the past, but it has been so long since I last played them that I feel like I need to start over with them, which is a bit demotivating. But if I continue from where I previously left off, I realise that I've forgotten how the game works or what the plot was. Some of those games are also really lengthy, especially the RPGs. We're talking like 70+ hour games in some cases.

BBS Signature
TB1ZZL3
TB1ZZL3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 17th, 2013 @ 02:12 PM Reply

I just borrowed Black Ops 2 from my friend, looks like I'm gonna reach my goal of hitting 40k before the Xbox One comes out.

warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 17th, 2013 @ 07:00 PM Reply

At 6/17/13 10:54 AM, Dean wrote: There are a few Xbox 360 games I have sitting around that I've not beaten yet and want to complete eventually:

Yeh i've got about 10 or so games I haven't even touched yet and then i've also got my entire steam library now that i've got a half decent PC.

Maybe one day i'll catch up. Maybe.

Sig made by simon <3
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
Emlfuryoflion
Emlfuryoflion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 04:23 AM Reply

At 6/17/13 07:00 PM, warshark wrote:
At 6/17/13 10:54 AM, Dean wrote: There are a few Xbox 360 games I have sitting around that I've not beaten yet and want to complete eventually:
Yeh i've got about 10 or so games I haven't even touched yet and then i've also got my entire steam library now that i've got a half decent PC.

Maybe one day i'll catch up. Maybe.

Same for me. I have been playing them all recently though which is why I have been #1 and #2 the last couple weeks. So I am putting some work into some older games finally.

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 05:08 AM Reply

Alpha Protocol
Bioshock 1 & 2
Blue Dragon
Darksiders 2
Deadly Premonition
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dragon Age Origins - Ultimate Edition
Fallout New Vegas
Lost Odyssey
Mass Effect 3
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Tales of Vesperia
Two Worlds II

These are all excellent games, I can't talk for Deadly Premonition or any of the JRPGs but the rest of these are fairly good. Havent touched my Xbox this month, but I suppose I've just been quite busy, I'm still enjoying the benefits of having a nice newer laptop than my old one and I was at Download Festival since last Wednesday and only got back yesterday (I did intend on playing Xbox but then I got pressured into a party so I went to that). I'm going to play Fable 3 eventually, I had a friend lend it to me on release date because he was busy that day so I sped through the campaign in one day and then I never played it again, I see a lot of people don't like the newer Fables, but honestly I have no problem with them and think that people that liked Fable 1 the most are just looking through the nostalgia goggles.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 07:24 AM Reply

At 6/18/13 05:08 AM, iMini wrote: I was at Download Festival since last Wednesday and only got back yesterday

Yea, I noticed the occasional status pop up on facebook. I'll admit, I was a little jelly when I saw you mention Motorhead, and Maiden I suppose. But Motorhead in particular have always been up there as one of my favourite bands. If I had the money I'd probably be tempted to get a War-Pig / Snaggletooth tattoo. For now though, I'll just have to settle with the Motorhead patch that I have on the back of my jacket.

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 07:56 AM Reply

At 6/18/13 07:24 AM, Dean wrote:
At 6/18/13 05:08 AM, iMini wrote: I was at Download Festival since last Wednesday and only got back yesterday
Yea, I noticed the occasional status pop up on facebook. I'll admit, I was a little jelly when I saw you mention Motorhead, and Maiden I suppose. But Motorhead in particular have always been up there as one of my favourite bands. If I had the money I'd probably be tempted to get a War-Pig / Snaggletooth tattoo.

For a minute there I was sat thinking to myself "Shit, I didn't see Motorhead", but it's cool because I totally did see Motorhead, whenever he was speaking to the crowd I could not understand a word he said, I missed a fair bit of them actually, caught the last half or so (in which they played Ace of Spades), I'm not a fan of them myself but it's fucking Motorhead you know? I don't even really like Iron Maiden but there's no way I'm not gonna see them. Honestly though, Rammstein stole the whole fucking show, absolutely amazing performance, I was euphoric watching them.

For now though, I'll just have to settle with the Motorhead patch that I have on the back of my jacket.

My God, Dean is one of those guys in the jackets with the badges, I always feel intimidated by them.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 08:51 AM Reply

I'm getting strange cravings for shooters at the moment. With going through Frontlines on Sunday and now I decided I wanted to play Black Ops II so I'm going through the campaign on Veteran (which isn't even a noticeable difference it's so easy it's criminal) and getting the intel, plus some campaign related achievement when you have to do something in some way because of all the possible endings etc.

Nothing so far in the way of gamerscore but if I finish it today I should get around 130G

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 10:06 AM Reply

At 6/18/13 07:56 AM, iMini wrote: My God, Dean is one of those guys in the jackets with the badges, I always feel intimidated by them.

Maybe you've got the wrong impression. I dunno. It's not a jacket that's absolutely covered in badges and patches. Literally just a black MA-1 jacket with "Motorhead" sewn on at the top of my back and then I have a "Made in Scotland" badge on the front and a badge that I got off of one of the old local punk bands.

It's not one of those "battle jackets" if that's what you're thinking of. Those metalheads that wear denim jackets with no sleeves and absolutely cover them in patches. I'd post a picture but I don't think I have one.

But dude, don't like Motorhead that much? C'mon man that's like blasphemy or something. Lemmy is god!

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 10:57 AM Reply

At 6/18/13 07:56 AM, iMini wrote: Honestly though, Rammstein stole the whole fucking show, absolutely amazing performance, I was euphoric watching them.

I was going to ask about them but I knew what the answer would be. That was the real reason I wanted to go this year. Much like when SOAD headlined in 2011. Rammstein are just beyond describing when it comes to live performances, I'd love to see them perform some day.

Don't suppose you caught the Gaslight Anthem did you?

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 11:10 AM Reply

At 6/18/13 10:57 AM, Snuff wrote: Don't suppose you caught the Gaslight Anthem did you?

Nah, Airbourne was on at that time and they're such a fun band to see live, really energetic.

At 6/18/13 07:56 AM, Dean wrote:
But dude, don't like Motorhead that much? C'mon man that's like blasphemy or something. Lemmy is god!

Not so much that I don't like Motorhead, but that I don't listen to Motorhead.

For those whom are curious I saw Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Rammstein, BFMV, KoRn, Rise to Remain, Motorhead, Airbourne, Five Finger Death Punch and a little bitch of Queens of the Stone Age. Unfortunately missed a few bands I'd liked to have seen like Europe and Stone Sour, but it's no biggie.

BBS Signature
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 05:24 PM Reply

At 6/18/13 11:10 AM, iMini wrote: Iron Maiden, Rammstein, BFMV, Motorhead, Five Finger Death Punch, Queens of the Stone Age.

I'm just a little bit jealous right now.

Played Borderlands 2 way too much today. Got 75g for beating all of the story missions in the Pirate's Booty DLC. Just need to kill Hyperius and Master Gee the Invincibles for the other 2 cheevos, but they're terribly designed bullshit bosses so I'm going to get some help from my friend to destroy those cheap motherfuckers. On the plus side, I totally abused a glitch to farm the treasure room and got 5 legendary guns in an hour!

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 18th, 2013 @ 06:07 PM Reply

Got another 195G from Black Ops II, I may clear up some others tomorrow if I feel like it. Though I feel I should stay on track with Fable so I don't forget about it.

ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 19th, 2013 @ 06:19 PM Reply

If Microsoft would ditch the all-seeing Kinect and reduce the price of the Xbox One80, I would actually consider buying it.

I tried to beat Mortal Kombat 2 on the Arcade Kollection again today, but it's just too tough for the all of the wrong reasons. Probably the hardest 25g cheevo to get in existence, seriously.

BBS Signature
malachi117
malachi117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 21st, 2013 @ 09:08 AM Reply

Marvel Heroes release has pretty much destroyed my chances of playing the 360, although I have played some WWE '13 which is still fun.

But seriously, everyone go download Marvel Heroes.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:
360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 21st, 2013 @ 09:14 AM Reply

Bought Deus Ex because I love that game, I dont know why I ever sell it.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 21st, 2013 @ 11:23 AM Reply

At 6/21/13 09:14 AM, iMini wrote: Bought Deus Ex because I love that game, I dont know why I ever sell it.

I'll probably get that again through the summer sale on Steam. I want the Missing Link DLC.

AND ALSO I JUST FINISHED SCHOOL

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 21st, 2013 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 6/21/13 11:23 AM, Makeshift wrote:
At 6/21/13 09:14 AM, iMini wrote: Bought Deus Ex because I love that game, I dont know why I ever sell it.
I'll probably get that again through the summer sale on Steam. I want the Missing Link DLC.

Welcome to the world of adulthood, it's alright here. There's cool stuff like debt and worries.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 21st, 2013 @ 01:24 PM Reply

At 6/21/13 11:23 AM, Makeshift wrote:

I just got back from my last day at college so I'm doing pretty good too. It's nice not to have that weight on my shoulders.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Jun. 21st, 2013 @ 02:23 PM Reply

Mafeshift finished school today. Snuff finished college today. I finished university today.

Well, I've been done with uni for a while now but today was the graduation ceremony where I got my degree and stuff. So yea, I now have a 2:1 BSc (Hons) Computer Science degree.

The slightly depressing yet kinda exciting thing for me now will be looking for a job. I've been a bit lazy in that regard so far. Although come on, who wants to finish 4 years of uni and then go straight into job hunting without any kind of summer break. I earned a break!

BBS Signature