New Topic Respond to this Topic
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 11:35 AM Reply

Yeah it's way quieter around here than it used to be. It seems like there's a big rush of people trying to get loads of gamerscore at the same time, but then they all get tired of it at the same time. Something like that anyway.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 01:35 PM Reply

At 10/15/12 04:33 AM, Dean wrote: Things have gotten pretty quiet in here recently as well. Where you all gone?

College, I have no time anymore :(

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 02:22 PM Reply

Trying to save money instead of buying the numerous games out right now. Also work.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 10/15/12 04:33 AM, Dean wrote:
Things have gotten pretty quiet in here recently as well. Where you all gone?

i hav job
plus I think newgrounds is kinda gay now

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 05:17 PM Reply

Finally managed to kill everyone on the enemy team in a round in CS:GO, so 30g for that.

Fuck doing 5000 rounds of demolition though.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Klobb17
Klobb17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 05:29 PM Reply

Don't suppose anyone who has played the game Brink has any tips on getting the achievements "Tough as nails" and "King of the world!" (beat both campaigns on hard/online versus and beat all 3 star challenges respectively)? I'm hellbent on getting them since they're the only two I have left in the game, and they are really rustling my jimmies.

Understandably, of course. This shit isn't called hard for nothing.

Also, yaaay, I'm the new blood on the list. Maybe I can bring a little life back into this place since everyone else is busy with other stuff.

Porkchop
Porkchop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Art Lover
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 15th, 2012 @ 08:15 PM Reply

I work pisslots but i'm trying to shove in as much BL2 as possible before Halo 4 and BLops 2. I might nab Dishonored at some point soon too....

[WWE Fans][XBL: PissedMexicans][Toonami Aftermath]

BBS Signature
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 10/15/12 04:33 AM, Dean wrote: Things have gotten pretty quiet in here recently as well. Where you all gone? I'm not all that active in this thread anymore because I've pretty much stopped playing Xbox for the most part. I've actually stopped playing video games altogether. Not sure how that happened.

I've never been quite as active as the regulars on this leaderboard, but I spend most of my time now simply searching for a job, playing games and helping out with family matters. In fact, I've stopped visiting this site regularly as a whole for the past 2 years so that doesn't help matters.

Gamerscore related news, I beat and S-ranked all missions on Dante Must Die mode on DMC4 earlier! All that remains is Hell and Hell mode, an S-rank playthrough of the Bloody Palace, collect a few more thousand proud souls and kill god knows how many more enemies for a 10000 kill count.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 16th, 2012 @ 06:33 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 05:37 PM, ShadowWest wrote: Gamerscore related news, I beat and S-ranked all missions on Dante Must Die mode on DMC4 earlier! All that remains is Hell and Hell mode, an S-rank playthrough of the Bloody Palace, collect a few more thousand proud souls and kill god knows how many more enemies for a 10000 kill count.

How the fuck are you so good at DMC, seriously? I can complete them on hard, but that's about it.

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 02:12 AM Reply

So it seems to have been agreed that we're not adding the annoying guy with nearly 200k gamerscore. And I assume everyone declined his friend requests as well?

For the record the reason I've not been earning much G recently or posting here anymore is because I work a stupid amount of hours per day in a job that I absolutely fucking hate and I spend most of my free time plotting to burn down my office.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 06:06 AM Reply

At 10/17/12 02:12 AM, sushi13 wrote: So it seems to have been agreed that we're not adding the annoying guy with nearly 200k gamerscore. And I assume everyone declined his friend requests as well?

He doesn't have enough posts to join thank god. But yeah we shouldn't add him anyway and he removed his friend request after pestering me to accept while I was in the middle of a game of Battlefield.

For the record the reason I've not been earning much G recently or posting here anymore is because I work a stupid amount of hours per day in a job that I absolutely fucking hate and I spend most of my free time plotting to burn down my office.

Yeah I fucking despise my job too, washing up for 4-6 hours straight over and over has a pretty lasting effect on your hands when you don't use gloves.

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 08:12 AM Reply

ITT: People bitch about their jobs.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 10:30 AM Reply

At 10/17/12 08:12 AM, iMini wrote: ITT: People bitch about their jobs.

The people who actually have jobs.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 10:38 AM Reply

I get enough of that shit on Facebook. Here I am looking for a job...

How did Microsoft Xbox team manage to make the new dashboard even shittier? Are they fucking stupid? Why is it that all the people in the top positions at these huge gaming corporations enjoy making people who play games miserable?

Oh, also I'm downloading the new BL2 DLC.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 12:53 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 10:38 AM, Makeshift wrote: How did Microsoft Xbox team manage to make the new dashboard even shittier?

Haven't tried it yet but I don't think it could be any worse than what we had. At least it doesn't have that fucking stupid grey blob covering most of your wallpaper.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 01:22 PM Reply

I actually don't mind working for the NHS.
Feels good man.

ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 10/16/12 06:33 PM, phrozonfire wrote: How the fuck are you so good at DMC, seriously? I can complete them on hard, but that's about it.

Lots of practice and determination pretty much, although DMC4 is by far the easiest game in the series to S-rank because of the lack of a damage taken factor. Speaking of DMC4, I beat Hell and Hell mode today for 10g, all that's left is the Bloody Palace!

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 01:44 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 12:53 PM, Jackho wrote: Haven't tried it yet but I don't think it could be any worse than what we had. At least it doesn't have that fucking stupid grey blob covering most of your wallpaper.

Got the picture from Reddit. Don't have the update myself, but I have it on my Xbox upstairs. It's really not too much shittier, but they basically made the game button smaller and added in a bunch of advertisements for music and movies and crap. One good thing is at the top when going between the pages, games comes before movies and all that.

Thinking I'm probably getting the next Sony console > MS console.

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 01:57 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 01:22 PM, Oliver wrote:
Feels good man.

Bollocks does it feel good! I work in a GP's surgery and it's the most soul destroying thing I've ever done.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 02:32 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 01:44 PM, Makeshift wrote: Thinking I'm probably getting the next Sony console > MS console.

I'm thinking I wont be backing either of their consoles next generation. It pisses me off that Microsoft actually charge us to use Xbox Live and they still flood the home screen with ads. What the fuck is up with that?

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
CaveStoryGrounds
CaveStoryGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Writer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 03:22 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 02:32 PM, Dean wrote: I'm thinking I wont be backing either of their consoles next generation. It pisses me off that Microsoft actually charge us to use Xbox Live and they still flood the home screen with ads. What the fuck is up with that?

I hated the initial change to the box crap. Now they've gone a step forward towards making everything like their new and completely shit OS "Windows 8". I might start shifting over entirely to PC when the next generation of consoles starts up.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 04:00 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 01:57 PM, sushi13 wrote:
At 10/17/12 01:22 PM, Oliver wrote:
Feels good man.
Bollocks does it feel good! I work in a GP's surgery and it's the most soul destroying thing I've ever done.

Really? I do reception and admin at a GP's surgery and it's a pretty decent gig. Data Entry's boring as shite tho.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 06:43 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 03:22 PM, CaveStoryGrounds wrote:
I hated the initial change to the box crap. Now they've gone a step forward towards making everything like their new and completely shit OS "Windows 8". I might start shifting over entirely to PC when the next generation of consoles starts up.

I'm pretty sure I'll be doing this too. It might be a little expensive to set up a good rig, but it'll be worth it if Microsoft keep getting worse and worse, which I'm sure they will.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 17th, 2012 @ 09:03 PM Reply

Once I get a job I will be shifting towards PC gaming, though I'll still have my 360 for exclusives and bro games.
It would take a monumental paradigm shift in the next year for me to remain a console gamer.

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 12:24 PM Reply

console gaming is for children and technophobes.

ToastedCupcake
ToastedCupcake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Musician
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 12:46 PM Reply

Sc0ttieB3 - 21703

pro status

Arise to sky and set free - Release toward horizon

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 01:38 PM Reply

At 10/17/12 04:00 PM, Oliver wrote: I do reception and admin at a GP's surgery and it's a pretty decent gig. Data Entry's boring as shite tho.

Is this the same Oliver that I've hung out with for about 6 days? I can't imagine you doing reception and admin work. Do you work at the front desk, actually speaking with the people who come to the doctors?

If so, I'm totally moving down to wherever you're at and registering with that GP just so that we can be like:

Oliver: "Hey, do you have an appointment?"
Dean: "Yea, with Dr. Somebody at 2 o'clock"
Oliver: What's your name?"
Dean: "Dean"
Oliver: "Okay, just take a seat and we'll call you when we're ready"

Life would be so much better.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 18th, 2012 @ 03:02 PM Reply

At 10/18/12 01:38 PM, Dean wrote:
Life would be so much better.

That is exactly it.

malachi117
malachi117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 12:14 AM Reply

Lost my terrible minimum wage job at Walmart, so I've had a lack of new games. Though going in for an interview to make Pizza's at a place down here on campus this weekend I believe. Better than nothing.

Did anyone else use that EA Origins 20$ off code glitch and get anything? I got Dead Space 1&2, and Bulletstorm. Bulletstorm being surprisingly fun and GWFL.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:
360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Oct. 19th, 2012 @ 08:25 AM Reply

So I S-ranked the Bloody Palace on DMC4 and got 160g. Only two achievements left now, just need 200k proud souls and I'm guessing about 1k more enemy kills.

BBS Signature