New Topic Respond to this Topic
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 01:11 PM Reply

At 8/14/12 12:09 PM, Tramps wrote: Reviews are in for Sleeping Dogs as well and that looks pretty awesome. Both IGN and Kotaku raving about how great the story is. It's probably the first time I've seen a major reviewer praise a story as being the best part of a game.

GTA IV had a really good story, especially when you see it was all interconnected with the DLCs. But you said "story being the best part of the game", and no one buys GTA because of the story.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 01:22 PM Reply

Got 105G from Max Payne 3, cool game but man the achievements suck, I doubt I'll send it back with more than 500G as I'm almost finished doing the story I think, on Part III and just blown up that building. I'm doing it on Hard at least, that's another 50G.

I think I'll just play some Forza 4 when I finish it, squeeze some G out of that.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 03:13 PM Reply

Yaaaaaaaaaay, Sleeping Dogs.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 04:18 PM Reply

Oh man, this seems like so much more fun than any GTA game I've played. I decided to just fuck around, went onto an overpass and threw some lady into oncoming traffic. A cop rushed at me and tackled me to the ground, but I put his face into the cement and cuffed him with his own cuffs. Then I jumped off the overpass, stole a motorcycle and jumped from that to a fast looking car and made a getaway. I crashed it and a cop jumped out of his car with a gun but I rushed him and tackled him, taking his gun and then eventually I died after a long stand off. Holy shit, the city of Hong Kong is so fucking gorgeous. I really, reeeeeeeally like this so far.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 04:27 PM Reply

At 8/14/12 04:18 PM, Makeshift wrote: Oh man, this seems like so much more fun than any GTA game I've played. I decided to just fuck around, went onto an overpass and threw some lady into oncoming traffic. A cop rushed at me and tackled me to the ground, but I put his face into the cement and cuffed him with his own cuffs. Then I jumped off the overpass, stole a motorcycle and jumped from that to a fast looking car and made a getaway. I crashed it and a cop jumped out of his car with a gun but I rushed him and tackled him, taking his gun and then eventually I died after a long stand off. Holy shit, the city of Hong Kong is so fucking gorgeous. I really, reeeeeeeally like this so far.

Aw fuck now I really want that game just from reading this.

Also, that feel when you complete Max Payne on Hard and don't get any achievements for it. Seriously, what the fuck? Not even one for medium, only the one for completing Chapter 3.

Please someone tell me I have to do something else for them to pop, I refuse to play through the campaign again.

+150G from the game in total.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 05:18 PM Reply

At 8/14/12 04:27 PM, Snuff wrote: Also, that feel when you complete Max Payne on Hard and don't get any achievements for it. Seriously, what the fuck? Not even one for medium, only the one for completing Chapter 3.

Haha, oh wow.

I'm betting you didn't read at the menu selection that if you disable free-aim you disable most of the cheeves.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 07:37 PM Reply

At 8/14/12 05:18 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 8/14/12 04:27 PM, Snuff wrote: Also, that feel when you complete Max Payne on Hard and don't get any achievements for it. Seriously, what the fuck? Not even one for medium, only the one for completing Chapter 3.
Haha, oh wow.

I'm betting you didn't read at the menu selection that if you disable free-aim you disable most of the cheeves.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

that shit was annoying as fuck anyway oh man what a shit game i hate it 0/10 would not bang

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 14th, 2012 @ 07:49 PM Reply

At 8/14/12 07:37 PM, Snuff wrote: that shit was annoying as fuck anyway oh man what a shit game i hate it 0/10 would not bang

It's not hard. As you said, I suck at videogames, and even I managed it no problem.

Go do it again, or you're worse at videogames than me.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 07:25 AM Reply

How come only a few people below the new guy near the top have - 1? It's not like someone lost a shitload of gamerscore. Was someone removed.?

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 07:35 AM Reply

At 8/15/12 07:25 AM, iMini wrote: How come only a few people below the new guy near the top have - 1? It's not like someone lost a shitload of gamerscore. Was someone removed.?

Damn, you're observant. Nobody was intentionally removed but Simon must have changed his tag because the program wasn't finding his gamerscore. I've already sent him a PM asking for what his new tag, assuming he wants to stay on the leaderboard.

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 09:26 AM Reply

At 8/14/12 07:49 PM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 8/14/12 07:37 PM, Snuff wrote: that shit was annoying as fuck anyway oh man what a shit game i hate it 0/10 would not bang
It's not hard. As you said, I suck at videogames, and even I managed it no problem.

Go do it again, or you're worse at videogames than me.

Nah I didn't really enjoy the game anyway. Kept just wanted to get through it so I could get the achievements only to find it was all for nothing. So fuck it I guess I'll just send it back with 150G. I knew that playing 3 hours without getting an achievement was a sign this wasn't a good idea.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 11:48 AM Reply

At 8/15/12 09:26 AM, Snuff wrote: So fuck it I guess I'll just send it back with 150G.

Ok, but this does mean i'm better at vidya than you.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 11:58 AM Reply

At 8/15/12 11:48 AM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 8/15/12 09:26 AM, Snuff wrote: So fuck it I guess I'll just send it back with 150G.
Ok, but this does mean i'm better at vidya than you.

Pffft, I'm still the best at Rock Band drums in this thread.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 03:56 PM Reply

So next weekend I'll get to play Halo 4, Assassin's Creed III, and Far Cry 3.

I thought I'd post that here since Rory was making this place depressing.

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 04:15 PM Reply

At 8/15/12 03:56 PM, Makeshift wrote: So next weekend I'll get to play Halo 4, Assassin's Creed III, and Far Cry 3.

I bet FC3 will be doo doo

I thought I'd post that here since Rory was making this place depressing.

Shame on you Rory.

Ever so slightly making progress on Peace Walker & Resident Evil.

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 04:30 PM Reply

At 8/15/12 04:15 PM, phrozonfire wrote: I bet FC3 will be doo doo

I think FC3 is the only game I've been looking forward to this year. I'm probably not going to buy it anyway, but still.

Castlevania SoTN is far too good, don't know why II stopped playing. I'll probably have it maxed out in a few days, then it's back to no gamerscore for me.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 04:55 PM Reply

I'm sceptical about Far Cry 3 so in a way I'm looking forward to playing it the most. I know Assassin's Creed III will be good, and I'm almost certain Halo 4 will.

ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 04:57 PM Reply

At 8/15/12 11:58 AM, Snuff wrote: Pffft, I'm still the best at Rock Band drums in this thread.

next time we're both online, we should play through the whole of American Idiot or something. I got a -1 run on Brain Stew/Jaded on guitar earlier too :c

In gamerscore related news, the recent discussion about Max Payne 3 inspired me to start and finish New York Minute Hardcore this afternoon. Quite possibly the most unrewarding achievement EVER, +10g.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 08:16 PM Reply

At 8/15/12 04:57 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
At 8/15/12 11:58 AM, Snuff wrote: Pffft, I'm still the best at Rock Band drums in this thread.
next time we're both online, we should play through the whole of American Idiot or something. I got a -1 run on Brain Stew/Jaded on guitar earlier too :c

I remember when I first got that game I had some friends over, and this guy who introduced me to Rock Band who was really good at the drums saw the achievement for not missing any bass pedal notes, did all of Brain Stew then just screamed and gave up as soon as it got to Jaded.

But yeah, I've really been meaning to just play through the whole of American Idiot. Got some good drums on there.

I'll be on all day tomorrow if you want.

Kunera
Kunera
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 15th, 2012 @ 08:43 PM Reply

I miss when I was good at Rock Band drums. Simon once claimed I was the best on Newgrounds, until I went off to college, where I couldn't play them without pissing someone off in the dorms, because you can hear every little thing your neighbors do.

Hey guys, you should totally check out my YouTube channel.
Also, dat Steam

BBS Signature
Porkchop
Porkchop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Art Lover
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 12:29 AM Reply

At 8/15/12 03:56 PM, Makeshift wrote: So next weekend I'll get to play Halo 4,
play Halo 4

What.

Post all about how fantastic it is.

Also, netted like...maybe 100 from Halo CEA, nobody around me owns it for the Co-OP achievements. I need a second controller =[

[WWE Fans][XBL: PissedMexicans][Toonami Aftermath]

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 04:38 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 12:29 AM, Porkchop wrote: I need a second controller =[

Do you not have friends? Why on Earth don't you have at least 3 controllers?

Man, unpopular people are so weird to me, being as popular as I am.

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 06:14 AM Reply

I've been thoroughly enjoying Mafia 2, I love the concept of a 1950s free roam game. I'm hoping I can finish it today and get it sent back by tomorrow. Lovefilm is sending me Darkness 2 which is cool I guess, I've got the first one, but I never got too far into it.

I really want Sleeping Dogs, the free roam in Mafia 2 just doesn't cut it

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 11:49 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 09:24 AM, Tramps wrote:
At 8/16/12 04:38 AM, Snuff wrote:
I think there's 3 in my house. One's my brothers, one's mine and one is wired that I generally use for PC gaming. But no, I don't have friends to play with :(

Why do you need a second controller if you have a wired one?

I managed to complete Mafia II a little earlier than expected, towards the last couple of chapters I was in a rush and skipped a lot of the cut scenes (because my post got collected less than an hour later) so I really stormed through it all.

+690

Wow, I've not earnt that much in a long time. I'll be getting Darkness II tomorrow as well, so maybe I can even hit 1,000. What're the achievements like on it?

I'm really hoping that Lovefilm will receive my disc tomorrow and then send out Sleeping Dogs so that it arrives on Saturday, otherwise I'll have to wait the whole weekend for my next game.

BBS Signature
Porkchop
Porkchop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Art Lover
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 8/16/12 11:49 AM, iMini wrote:
At 8/16/12 09:24 AM, Tramps wrote:
At 8/16/12 04:38 AM, Snuff wrote:

Just bought a second one so I could play with myself, netted...120 more GS from Halo CEA. 12 more for 100%

[WWE Fans][XBL: PissedMexicans][Toonami Aftermath]

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 05:43 PM Reply

I've never played Rock Band other than the shitty PSP one.

Richter Belmont is a homosexual.

NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 07:15 PM Reply

Bought Arkham City, because I so badly need something to play.

Also, the oblivion DLC has been permanently reduced to half the former price.

BBS Signature
Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 08:02 PM Reply

Bitch please. I'm probably better than you, and Kunera's better than me. So you're AT LEAST 3rd.

Hemlok
Hemlok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 16th, 2012 @ 09:15 PM Reply

Been playing Metal Slug 3 just out of sheer boredom. The achievements are bogus. You need to beat each mission without dying. It should come as know surprise in a Metal Slug game but you get hit once, you die.

If that's not enough the game doesn't offer a mission select option. Meaning if you fuck up on mission 4, 5, whatever, you have to replay the entire game up to that point to get another shot. Bleh.

Xbox Live Gamertag: POTM

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Aug. 17th, 2012 @ 06:58 AM Reply

At 8/16/12 08:02 PM, Fezz wrote:
Bitch please. I'm probably better than you, and Kunera's better than me. So you're AT LEAST 3rd.

yeah but you have IONS so it's not fair game

and you never eeven visit here so you don't count