New Topic Respond to this Topic
DareDevilGuy
DareDevilGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 15th, 2011 @ 08:10 AM Reply

Guys, I just want to say that if you have never played the game The Darkness, you definitely should. I was a bit hesitant about picking it up, but I found it really cheap (goes for about 10 quid these days) and decided to give it a go. It's made by one of the studios that also made the Riddick games. The story is actually well done and especially awesomely presented. Emotional rollercoaster man.

Anyway, I'm working through the game and I might try to 100% this one.

/viral marketing

BBS Signature
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 15th, 2011 @ 11:50 AM Reply

So I decided to go back on Red Dead Redemption and try and complete the single-player 100%, just got a few bounties and all of those challenges left.

Oh and I know I said ages ago that I would get around to finishing Lost: Via Domus eventually, and well I only just started to complete it last night. This easy 1000g is well overdue.

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
EtchASketchClock
EtchASketchClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 15th, 2011 @ 11:58 AM Reply

At 3/15/11 08:10 AM, DareDevilGuy wrote: Guys, I just want to say that if you have never played the game The Darkness, you definitely should. I was a bit hesitant about picking it up, but I found it really cheap (goes for about 10 quid these days) and decided to give it a go. It's made by one of the studios that also made the Riddick games. The story is actually well done and especially awesomely presented. Emotional rollercoaster man.

Anyway, I'm working through the game and I might try to 100% this one.

/viral marketing

Shit glitched up on me first playthrough, froze at loading the second to last area. Never patched.
Had to play through it all over again.

That was a great post. Right Zach?

BBS Signature
Odyssic
Odyssic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 15th, 2011 @ 11:59 AM Reply

At 3/15/11 08:10 AM, DareDevilGuy wrote: Guys, I just want to say that if you have never played the game The Darkness,

Also, the voice of the darkness is cool. Looking forward to Darkness 2.

Wish I could talk like the darkness.
malachi117
malachi117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 15th, 2011 @ 04:52 PM Reply

At some point I am going to actually get some GS again, I swear.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:
360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 15th, 2011 @ 05:57 PM Reply

At 3/14/11 08:49 PM, Rude-Awakening wrote:
At 3/14/11 07:07 PM, Snuff wrote: Sent back my LOVEFiLM games, so hopefully I'll be getting The Hurt Locker and Undead Nightmare even though some prick ruined the story for me.
I have The Hurt Locker aswell.

I've already seen it.

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 15th, 2011 @ 05:59 PM Reply

Also, my Rock Band drums came today for some reason, even though I only ordered them Sunday, still, it would be good, but my mum took them away because she sells her body for money and says I have to revise or some shit, getting them on Friday, so I'll play the fuck out of them through the weekend.

AllMightyBruce
AllMightyBruce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 15th, 2011 @ 06:37 PM Reply

If I have time tonight I'll stop by EB games to pre-order Arkham City.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 15th, 2011 @ 06:58 PM Reply

At 3/15/11 06:37 PM, AllMightyBruce wrote: If I have time tonight I'll stop by EB games to pre-order Arkham City.

Why preorder a game that comes out in 7 months?

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 15th, 2011 @ 08:24 PM Reply

Got the very last achievement on Marble Blast (yay!) and got a bunch more achievements on Tetris.

Master of the Spires -20G
Race Bronze Medal - 10G
Race Silver Medal - 15G
Live Playa - 30G
Give Em Twenty - 20G
Race Gold Medal - 25G
Hotline Bronze Medal - 10G
A For Effort - 50G

DareDevilGuy
DareDevilGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 16th, 2011 @ 07:01 AM Reply

At 3/15/11 06:58 PM, Makeshift wrote: Why preorder a game that comes out in 7 months?

By the time the game comes close to being released you won't have to worry about coming up with the money to get it so it feels like you're getting a present.

It's why I already pre-ordered Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 16th, 2011 @ 10:00 AM Reply

Even more Tetris achievements. Down to 10 left but they're all going to be annoying ones that will take a decent amount of practice.

Hotline Silver Medal - 15G
Hotline Gold Medal - 25G
Go Low Bronze Medal - 10G
Eraser Bronze Medal - 10G
Eraser Silver Medal - 15G
Eraser Gold Medal - 25G
Big Ol Cascade - 50G

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 16th, 2011 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 3/15/11 06:59 AM, Tramps wrote:
At 3/15/11 03:27 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: I got over taken :'(
Whatever I have a load of games ive only half finished.
I got a new job yesterday, went to interview and I was told within an hour of leaving that I got it. Im now a Software Developer
Isn't that a pretty decent job? Demanding, but decent? Congratulations, anyway!

Thanks C3PBro. It's only a junior position.

Playing through batman arkham asylum, really fun game. But I have a music festival from tomorrow until Sunday so I don't think i'll have much gamerscore this week

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 16th, 2011 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 3/16/11 04:41 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: But I have a music festival from tomorrow until Sunday so I don't think i'll have much gamerscore this week

Which one's that?

Also, LOVEFiLM are sending me The Hurt Locker and Dante's Inferno (Not sure why), but at least it isn't a multiplayer based game so I can get a good amount of Gamerscore, provided I enjoy it.

AllMightyBruce
AllMightyBruce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 16th, 2011 @ 06:32 PM Reply

At 3/16/11 07:01 AM, DareDevilGuy wrote: By the time the game comes close to being released you won't have to worry about coming up with the money to get it so it feels like you're getting a present.

This. I've also got Skyrim and Uncharted 3 on pre-order. It just makes it easier. It means I don't have to remember release dates either because they call me when they get it and I just go in and grab it.

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 16th, 2011 @ 07:04 PM Reply

At 3/16/11 05:38 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 3/16/11 04:41 PM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: But I have a music festival from tomorrow until Sunday so I don't think i'll have much gamerscore this week
Which one's that?

It's a heavy metal festival called "hammerfest" in Wales.
170 mile drive

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 16th, 2011 @ 08:57 PM Reply

I got another copy of Soldier of Fortune recently so I could get the ranked multiplayer achievements and finally finish off the game. Thanks to a very shit matchmaking system it took longer than it should have but it all worked out and I have another completed game.

Assassination King - 20G
You're The Best... Around - 10G
Spray And Pray - 20G
Nades For Everyone - 20G
I Got Shotgun - 20G
Bullets Everywhere - 20G
This Is My Rifle - 20G
Do It From Behind - 20G

Matt
Matt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 17th, 2011 @ 01:33 AM Reply

Homefront is terrible.

If you're not buying the game new you're also locked out of 90% of the multiplayer content unless you cough up 800 MSP for a "battle code" which allows you to get past level 5 in online rank progression.

Single player is a 3 hour affair on the hardest difficulty, generic hallway shooter with uninspired gameplay.

flkjbhdfjkhdfguyfg

On the bright side, Crysis 2 will seem godlike in comparison.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt
last.fm

BBS Signature
ZeeAk
ZeeAk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Art Lover
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 17th, 2011 @ 05:10 AM Reply

At 3/17/11 01:33 AM, Matt wrote: Homefront is terrible.

I loved it.

If you're not buying the game new you're also locked out of 90% of the multiplayer content unless you cough up 800 MSP for a "battle code" which allows you to get past level 5 in online rank progression.

Personally, I have nothing against that, but maybe it's because I bought it brand new, day one.

Matt
Matt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 17th, 2011 @ 06:13 PM Reply

At 3/17/11 05:10 AM, ZeeAk wrote:
At 3/17/11 01:33 AM, Matt wrote: Homefront is terrible.
I loved it.

Personally, I have nothing against that, but maybe it's because I bought it brand new, day one.

Capitalism! You can't be serious. I don't support the used game market and I never sell the games I purchase, but taking such a severe measure to discourage used game sales is at the very least a greedy "dick move." There is absolutely no reason to rent this game unless you've got money to waste.

But I digress, I suppose this may come off as harsh, but I'm just explaining how I feel. First of all, Homefront is a THQ game. That's all that really needs to be said for anybody truly knowledgeable of the medium to realize the game's going to be a FANTASTIC product.

But I admit, I love to shoot my way through braindead AI in hallways and/or abandoned warehouses filled to the brim with highly explosive containers, to sit through 15 minute scripted events otherwise waiting every couple minutes for my useless AI partner(s) to kick down the next door so I can continue plodding through to the next impossible obstacle such as a fucking latch on a chain link fence's gate.

Oh and while playing I also enjoy browsing TigerDirect.com©®%u2122 while eating White Castle©®%u2122 and Hooters©®%u2122 sipping on NOS Energy Drink©®%u2122. I'm sure I missed a whole lot of the others they threw in your face throughout the game; if it's not enough that you paid for the product, you're also being subjected to relentless advertising.

This game has no redeeming value and does absolutely nothing better than any other shooter it's blatantly imitating. If it weren't for the massive marketing campaign driving sales it would have been a flop, but that doesn't make a difference anyway, in a couple months the game will be all but abandoned.

PS: I wrote all of this sitting through the multiple interactive cutscenes explaining the gripping plot. I was so sad when hero action guy sacrificed himself to place the flare for the airstrike. I'm sure somewhere a bald eagle shed a tear.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt
last.fm

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 17th, 2011 @ 07:07 PM Reply

Bought Full House Poker. It's alright, but I can't find any online matches. The first season match is Saturday night so I'll join that after I see BATTLELOSANGELES.

ANYWAYS, THIS IS WHAT I DID THE PAST 3 DAYS

Full House Poker - 35G
Ding! Grats! - 5G
Cardrack - 10G
Big Dog - 10G
Took Down a Pro - 10G

NHL 11 - 95G
Looking for Deals - 10G
Jumbo Pack - 10G
Taking on the CPU - 20G
Schooled! - 15G
Custom Sweater - 10G
Going Upstairs - 30G

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Vietnam) - 75G
2nd Tour of Duty - 25G
Can I Go Home Now? - 15G
Great Balls of Fire - 25G
Would You Kindly STFU? - 10G

Mass Effect 2 - 50G
The Assassin - 10G
Power Full - 15G
Highly Trained - 15G
The Prodigal - 10G

Harm's Way - Full 200G

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 17th, 2011 @ 07:32 PM Reply

At 3/14/11 07:07 PM, Snuff wrote: Sent back my LOVEFiLM games, so hopefully I'll be getting The Hurt Locker and Undead Nightmare even though some prick ruined the story for me.

Undead Nightmare's story is pretty much ''Zombies are attacking, stop them''
Not much to ruin...

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 17th, 2011 @ 08:11 PM Reply

After playing it again yesterday I want to get back into the Red Faction multiplayer and hopefully 1000 it. I'm also looking forward to the new Red Faction game but after all the shit with Homefront I'll definitely be waiting for the reviews and initial reaction.

The High and Mighty - 10G
Jack of all Trades - 10G
Experimenter - 10G
Battle Scarred - 25G
Detective - 20G

phrozonfire
phrozonfire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 18th, 2011 @ 04:24 PM Reply

Decided to buy neither Dragon Age 2 OR Homefront, because everyone says they are shit.

Got Stranglehold and Vanquish from LoveFilm. But NO XBOX till Monday, when I will be too busy with coursework to play them :(

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature
DareDevilGuy
DareDevilGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 18th, 2011 @ 05:53 PM Reply

Finished up The Darkness (have the multiplayer, roadkill and complete on hard achievements left) and got most of my Monday Night Combat achievements (I boosted some, I suck at this game, sue me).

I'm actually a bit sad about finishing The Darkness, the story was fucking A (dat ending ;_;) and it just made me want more. I think I might actually look into the comic series if shit is portrayed as awesome as it is in the game.

Anyway, got lots of GS out of it.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 18th, 2011 @ 08:24 PM Reply

At 3/18/11 05:53 PM, DareDevilGuy wrote: Finished up The Darkness.

How focused are the achievements around multiplayer? I'm wondering how much Gamerscore I can get from it if I don't have LIVE.

Also, +25G from Rock Band 3, feels good to have my drums back.

Plus I started playing Dante's Inferno, and holyshit it's fun. Admittedly it's frustrating at parts but it's one of the most enjoyable games I've played in a while, think I might even go for the full 1000G if I keep my interests up and can be bothered, doesn't look too hard.

Gotten about 220G from it so far, hopefully have completed it before the weekend is over as I have nothing else to do.

Also, I forgot how good The Hurt Locker is.
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 18th, 2011 @ 08:41 PM Reply

At 3/18/11 08:24 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 3/18/11 05:53 PM, DareDevilGuy wrote: Finished up The Darkness.
How focused are the achievements around multiplayer? I'm wondering how much Gamerscore I can get from it if I don't have LIVE.

About 200G is devoted to multiplayer.

Going to rent Homefront tomorrow if I can find it, which I doubt I will, so I'll probably end up with Bulletstorm.

BF:BC2:
Just Because I Can - 25G

FH Poker:
I Hate ATM Fees - 20G
Hollywooding - 5G

gamascoooore
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 18th, 2011 @ 08:50 PM Reply

Popped in Left 4 Dead to play with my friend. I have not purchased the Crash Course campaign, but this achievement popped up as soon as I pressed start on the main menu of the game.

20 Car Pile-up
As a Tank hit 20 survivors with a car in the Crash Course campaign.
20G

Thank you Valve.

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 19th, 2011 @ 05:14 AM Reply

After a week of getting well over 100G every day the last couple of days have been a bit slow. All I did achievement wise was beat the campaign on Magic The Gathering and get the final achievement I needed in Turok. I'm happy to finally finish Turok but I could really use some more Gs.

Epic Conclusion - 40G
All-Purpose Warrior - 30G

DareDevilGuy
DareDevilGuy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Mar. 19th, 2011 @ 06:59 AM Reply

At 3/18/11 08:41 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 3/18/11 08:24 PM, Snuff wrote: How focused are the achievements around multiplayer? I'm wondering how much Gamerscore I can get from it if I don't have LIVE.
About 200G is devoted to multiplayer.

This sounds about right. Multiplayer is non-existant anyway, so even if you were to have LIVE it'd be a bitch to get those achievements.

But really though, this game is worth it's weight in gold even if you don't consider the Gamerscore you'll get out of it.

Before I called it a night yesterday, I started with Splinter Cell: Double Agent. Started on hard but quickly realized that it's too tough for me (hardly any ammo, etc) so I'll have to drop that achievement and just go for a Normal run.

BBS Signature