Rejoice, people. I have a script that automatically reads the gamerscores off the official Xbox website. ShittyKitty took some time out of his busy schedule (and trust me he is one busy beaver, don't be afraid to shower him with love and suck his dick out of gratitude) to write us a script. This is the message he sent me along with it:
Okay, I've written up a quick-and-dirty little program that'll pull gamer info for you, and I've put on my server here. To use it, make a file with a list of gamertags that you want to pull, one tag per line. For example:
You'll browse for that file for the Input File, and you'll browse to save an Output File. Click Start Processing to begin, and you'll get a comma-separated value (CSV) file containing each user's gamer tag, Live account type, reputation (number of stars), and gamerscore. You can open this CSV file in a spreadsheet for further use. Enjoy!
I've made a quick test run with it, and what it does is, it takes the .txt file you create with the Gamer Tags and it produces a spreadsheet off it with some info. The output looks like this:
When I put in:
I will receive as output:
As you can see, first off, the output comes out in the same order as the input: Joshua comes out first. This way, you just keep up the input file with the way the leaderboard was ranked the last time, you copy and paste into a word file (or whatever it is you want to use to copy and paste from onto the BBS) and start switching those that switched places from there.
Besides that, it gives more information: The first is the gamer tag, live account type, reputation and last but not least the gamerscore. Now, there are some things in here we don't need, but who cares, the delete key is right there.
So basically, with this output all we need is someone to keep up a template in a word file that has the rankings of the last Leaderboard (including which gamer tag is which NG nickname) and you can just copy and paste the new gamerscores, manually update how much gamerscore they went up and manually update how many places they went up. Basically, I think this will reduce the time of updating from 1.5 hours to about 15-30 minutes.
I don't think I have anything better to do today, so I think I'm going to run the first leaderboard with this script and create the word template. I'm not making any promises though, because I might have some overdue coursework laying around. If anybody else wants to pick it up, I linked the script up there, so enjoy.