SCUD14
SCUD14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 9th, 2009 @ 07:17 PM Reply

At 12/9/09 07:04 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 12/9/09 06:49 PM, SCUD14 wrote: I FUCKING HATE THE NUKE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
i haven't seen ANY in my 4 day 14 hour and 51 minutes of playing. I WANT TO SEE ONE SO BAD!!!!

It's not even an epic explosion. There's just a countdown and then everything goes slo-mo and the brightness goes up. Then everyone dies.

Stop looking

Jerich0
Jerich0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 9th, 2009 @ 07:49 PM Reply

At 12/9/09 09:20 AM, sushi13 wrote:
At 12/9/09 08:19 AM, Jerich0 wrote: mmmk there we go Sketchinat0r gs 20880
Even if we ignore the modding, which you admitted yourself, there's still a question of the validity of some of your achievements. Looking at them it seems highly probable that you either glitched or gamesaved on at least 3 games. Therefore you can fuck off.

Glitched or gamesaved? No one had an issue with my tag on version 1. I mod 360 / pirate achievement modding is an entirely different field.

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 9th, 2009 @ 08:45 PM Reply

At 12/9/09 05:05 PM, JaY11 wrote: Borrowed COD2 from a friend, took me like an hour to do the first two missions on veteran.

I think I'm on 170G on it so far. You get the full 1000 just by doing it on veteran, so it's all good.

It's all good apart from the fact that CoD2 is probably the hardest of all the CoD games on veteran.

Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 9th, 2009 @ 10:45 PM Reply

You guys remember Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy? Infernal's a lot like that, 'cept you can't make peoples heads 'splode, so therefore IT SUCKS.

theartofkc
theartofkc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 9th, 2009 @ 11:28 PM Reply

31,900 Gamerscore GT-Nd GH0ST

Would love to be added to the list

Theartofkc is the master of all I PWN and i can hate u if u want me to

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 9th, 2009 @ 11:46 PM Reply

I spent some time playing Dynasty Warriors 6 and although the achievements are very annoying and time consuming they shouldn't be overly difficult. I'm hoping to get 900-950G from it but that probably wont happen.
Right now I feel like playing Left 4 Dead.

The General of Heaven - 10G
The Ferocious Warrior - 10G

Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 12/9/09 08:45 PM, sushi13 wrote:
At 12/9/09 05:05 PM, JaY11 wrote: Borrowed COD2 from a friend, took me like an hour to do the first two missions on veteran.

I think I'm on 170G on it so far. You get the full 1000 just by doing it on veteran, so it's all good.
It's all good apart from the fact that CoD2 is probably the hardest of all the CoD games on veteran.

I just got a flashback of chasing down those fucking tanks while dodging a hailstorm of bullets to try and slap an explosive on them. The horror...the horror.

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 02:09 AM Reply

got TopSpin from Lovefilm.

Mediocre game, but I suppoe all tennis games are.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 03:16 AM Reply

At 12/9/09 07:49 PM, Jerich0 wrote:
At 12/9/09 09:20 AM, sushi13 wrote:
Even if we ignore the modding, which you admitted yourself, there's still a question of the validity of some of your achievements. Looking at them it seems highly probable that you either glitched or gamesaved on at least 3 games. Therefore you can fuck off.
Glitched or gamesaved? No one had an issue with my tag on version 1. I mod 360 / pirate achievement modding is an entirely different field.

After you made that thread about getting banned from XBL for modding there were a number of people who said you should be removed from the leaderboard.
Then when we were working out the rules for the new leaderboard we took a vote and decided that modders may not be allowed depending on what modding they took part in.
As far as I'm concerned pirating games should be enough to disallow you but just in case I checked out your achievements and I can see that you've been doing something to unlock achievements without actually meeting the requirements.

Sierra
Sierra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 03:30 AM Reply

Jerich0, care to explain how you got the full 1000 in Call of Duty 3? Very few people have done it, and even less have done it by getting the 'General' achievement (50,000 score online) while playing offline. Looks like someone's been gamesaving.

I'm on Last.fm!
Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 04:58 AM Reply

At 12/10/09 03:30 AM, YeOldeSierra wrote:
Jerich0, care to explain how you got the full 1000 in Call of Duty 3? Very few people have done it, and even less have done it by getting the 'General' achievement (50,000 score online) while playing offline. Looks like someone's been gamesaving.

Exactly. Anything obtained while playing offline is questionable but you have to give the benefit of the doubt. However multiplayer achievements obtained while playing offline are a dead giveaway that something dodgy has been going on. This same problem occurs again in World At War

As well as that achievement in CoD3, and most likely Grizzled Veteran, achievements in Assassin's Creed 2 and Tomb Raider Underworld are very suspicious looking. Apart from a large amount being obtained offline the order is totally out of whack and it shows.
How the hell can you wear the auditore cape in every city before finding all the feathers or unlock all 20 pieces of Subject 16's video before scanning a glyph or unlocking one piece of it. TRU suffers from the same problems.
And these are just the things I've noticed. God only knows what else this bastard has been doing.

I've said it once and I'll say it again: Jerich0 you are not getting on the leaderboard so get the fuck out of here.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 07:32 AM Reply

Snow Day #2.
Gee, I wish I had some games to play other than MW2.

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 11:55 AM Reply

At 12/10/09 04:58 AM, sushi13 wrote: 'General' achievement (50,000 score online) while playing offline. Looks like someone's been
This same problem occurs again in World At War
Assassin's Creed 2 and Tomb Raider Underworld are very suspicious looking.
How the hell can you wear the auditore cape in every city before finding all the feathers or unlock all 20 pieces of Subject 16's video before scanning a glyph or unlocking one piece of it. TRU suffers from the same problems.

Fucking owned.

Top Spin pulling some GS, probably +50GS by now, I've got Uncharted 2 aswell, and I realy should test it out.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 02:18 PM Reply

1 more achievement to go on 1 vs 100.
Answer a total of 500 questions.

THE HORROR.

Also, I finally prestiged on MW2. :3

Sierra
Sierra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 03:18 PM Reply

At 12/10/09 04:58 AM, sushi13 wrote: I've said it once and I'll say it again: Jerich0 you are not getting on the leaderboard so get the fuck out
of here.

Well, hold on. Perhaps, if we wait till his console, and potentially account, get banned, he could get on? After all, buying a new console, and Xbox LIVE shows a ridiculous amount of devotion to this leaderboard. If he gets banned, then maybe, just maybe, we should consider letting him on? Or, we could leave things as they are.

The only complaint I have with Jerich0 is that he's a pirate. Yeah, he might be a cool guy and all, but pirates? I don't waste my time associating with them - they're all scum IMO.

I'm on Last.fm!
Also, I used to be YeOldeSierra. Now I'm just Sierra :3

Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 04:20 PM Reply

what's the difference between pirating music and pirating video games?

Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 04:37 PM Reply

At 12/9/09 11:28 PM, theartofkc wrote: 31,900 Gamerscore GT-Nd GH0ST

Would love to be added to the list

I could be mistaken, but didn't you apply for the original boards and we said that you needed 500 posts? It still applies here, as you can see from every update...

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 05:07 PM Reply

At 12/10/09 04:20 PM, Canas wrote: what's the difference between pirating music and pirating video games?

Cost of a CD £10-£20
Cost of a Game £20-£50

Jerich0
Jerich0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 05:44 PM Reply

Look I have a 10nth Prestige in World at War I have a 10nth prestige in cod 4. Also I obtained General in Cod 3 not that long ago Had to play a shit load of it to get that. It wasnt any fun. I'm devoted to getting all call of duty achievements. Even if its not an achievement to get 10th pres or 20th pres in mw2 Im going to FUCKING DO IT.
Yes I am a pirate I provide a modding service so in a sense I am helping out the community. I dont see how that would be a problem since all of the games I get I do the achievements manually. No god damn idea where your getting the achievement glitching from. Just because its hard to get all the achievements in cod3 does not make it impossible. Apparently theres some people against having a pirate on the leaderboards and all for it. All I'm saying is I put in the same amount of time you guys do into a game.
This is sushis thread so its up to him and clearly he doesn't want a pirate on the boards so I'm not going to keep arguing. Also I don't remember anyone wanting to remove me from the leaderboards version 1. Perhaps I would have better luck in the ps3 trophy section (PS3s are unhackable).

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 06:08 PM Reply

At 12/10/09 05:07 PM, Lagamuffin wrote:
At 12/10/09 04:20 PM, Canas wrote: what's the difference between pirating music and pirating video games?
Cost of a CD £10-£20
Cost of a Game £20-£50

so simply because of sale price, pirating video games is viewed as worse? Pretty stupid logic.

Oliver
Oliver
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 06:13 PM Reply

At 12/10/09 06:08 PM, Canas wrote:
so simply because of sale price, pirating video games is viewed as worse? Pretty stupid logic.

Well, there are other issues to be taken into consideration too, like sales figures and what not.
But I don't really know why people see Game piracy as the worst kind of piracy.

SomaGuye
SomaGuye
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 12/10/09 06:08 PM, Canas wrote:
At 12/10/09 05:07 PM, Lagamuffin wrote:
Cost of a CD £10-£20
Cost of a Game £20-£50

It's because a lot more work is put into a game than an album. With music you have the band, the producer, maybe a few more techs or session musicians, but I would say max 20 people. Games usually have several teams of people who worked for months to provide the finished product. Therefore when you pirate a game you're stealing from a lot more people.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 12/10/09 05:44 PM, Jerich0 wrote: All I'm saying is I put in the same amount of time you guys do into a game.

But you don't put in the same amount of money... or the time it takes to get the money.

Just saying.

I don't really care if he's on the list. I don't care who is on the list anymore. It's not like we win anything...

Matt
Matt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 08:48 PM Reply

This is some soap opera shit.

I think the issue with a pirate on the leaderboard is that they have an unfair advantage and shouldn't be allowed to compete with others who, as far as we know, all obtain their games legally; he has access to any game that happens to get uploaded to the internet, and it would be no stretch of the imagination to think they wouldn't hesitate to grab a game save along with their .iso that isn't their own 'just because.' (As mentioned earlier, obtaining online-only achievements offline--without a time stamp--is a rather blatant red flag.)

Meanwhile, everybody else has a limit; I doubt anybody here could rationally just buy out a store or order an entire collection of every 360 game without something short of winning the lottery or receiving an inheritance. However, with a couple weeks worth of downloading and any pirate could essentially do exactly that. (I'm not suggesting that our resident pirate has done anything that severe, this is merely hyperbole.)

Justifying piracy is totally beside the point here; we don't need a debate about morality or the consequences of illegal copies, but I do think it's rather silly to flaunt it as if it's a badge of honor and then protest when you're not allowed to compete on a leaderboard such as this. I think I may be speaking on behalf of most people when I say allowing a pirate or game-saver on the leaderboard would only serve to further trivialize it. The leaderboards are already somewhat trivial because not everybody has the same financial capacity or amount of time to play. It's never been an equal playing field. But, allowing somebody with such a glaring advantage to compete would likely destroy their motivation to compete for those around him and ultimately cheapen it for everybody.

It's important that we don't turn this into a witch hunt, however. If it gets to the point where we need to start scanning receipts and NEVER go offline to prove our honesty, we've done something wrong. But when somebody admits to piracy, there should be no discussion necessary as to whether or not they should be allowed on the list.

XBL Gamertag: Dr Lipschitz /// Steam ID: Zippomatt /// League: Zippomatt
last.fm

BBS Signature
Canas
Canas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Artist
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 10:17 PM Reply

At 12/10/09 06:23 PM, SomaGuye wrote: It's because a lot more work is put into a game than an album.

Are you joking? That's a pretty huge over-generalization to make.

But in terms of whether or not modders should be allowed on the leaderboards, that's pretty obvious. Of course not. I just don't agree with the negative treatment/shunning, that's a load of shit. Piracy is piracy, and we all do it in some form or another. I don't blame people for being upset at Xbox modders, I had my fair share of swearing matches back on Halo 2 when they really used to fuck you over. But if I had the resources and the opportunity to NOT pay 70 dollars for games. I would. Because that shit is way too expensive.

Jonas
Jonas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 10:42 PM Reply

Now beating Dobio by 3 points. Teehee.

Need a hot dicking?
JonasATnewgrounds.com
I do voices.

Jercurpac
Jercurpac
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 10:46 PM Reply

Hey, how 'bout them achievements. Got a couple while working through veteran difficulty on MW2. Half way through and I've yet to hit any truly frustrating spots. Exodus got me a little riled going through the mansions, but that's been about it. Enemies don't spam grenades too much so it's easy to bunker down in one spot.

Happy with what you have to be happy with
you have to be happy with what you have
to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature
sushi13
sushi13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 11:26 PM Reply

At 12/10/09 08:48 PM, Matt wrote: This is some soap opera shit.

I think the issue with a pirate on the leaderboard is that they have an unfair advantage and shouldn't be allowed to compete with others who, as far as we know, all obtain their games legally; he has access to any game that happens to get uploaded to the internet, and it would be no stretch of the imagination to think they wouldn't hesitate to grab a game save along with their .iso that isn't their own 'just because.' (As mentioned earlier, obtaining online-only achievements offline--without a time stamp--is a rather blatant red flag.)

Meanwhile, everybody else has a limit; I doubt anybody here could rationally just buy out a store or order an entire collection of every 360 game without something short of winning the lottery or receiving an inheritance. However, with a couple weeks worth of downloading and any pirate could essentially do exactly that. (I'm not suggesting that our resident pirate has done anything that severe, this is merely hyperbole.)

Justifying piracy is totally beside the point here; we don't need a debate about morality or the consequences of illegal copies, but I do think it's rather silly to flaunt it as if it's a badge of honor and then protest when you're not allowed to compete on a leaderboard such as this. I think I may be speaking on behalf of most people when I say allowing a pirate or game-saver on the leaderboard would only serve to further trivialize it. The leaderboards are already somewhat trivial because not everybody has the same financial capacity or amount of time to play. It's never been an equal playing field. But, allowing somebody with such a glaring advantage to compete would likely destroy their motivation to compete for those around him and ultimately cheapen it for everybody.

It's important that we don't turn this into a witch hunt, however. If it gets to the point where we need to start scanning receipts and NEVER go offline to prove our honesty, we've done something wrong. But when somebody admits to piracy, there should be no discussion necessary as to whether or not they should be allowed on the list.
At 12/10/09 10:17 PM, Canas wrote: But in terms of whether or not modders should be allowed on the leaderboards, that's pretty obvious. Of course not. I just don't agree with the negative treatment/shunning, that's a load of shit. Piracy is piracy, and we all do it in some form or another. I don't blame people for being upset at Xbox modders, I had my fair share of swearing matches back on Halo 2 when they really used to fuck you over. But if I had the resources and the opportunity to NOT pay 70 dollars for games. I would. Because that shit is way too expensive.

Both of you guys pretty much nailed it. I certainly have nothing personal against Jerich0 and I don't really have anything against modders/pirates/gamesavers but I don't think they should be allowed on the leaderboard because they have a totally unfair advantage over everybody else. As far as I can see Jerich0 is guilty of all these things (I don't know how he has the balls to deny gamesaving after the evidence I mentioned in my last post) and he's admitted modding and pirating to the point of flaunting it.

As Matt said there are always going to be people with advantages and people with disadvantages. Look at Jonas; he works in a video game store and gets to bring loads of whorish games home and max out his score. And me, I work like 5-8 hours a week and make more money than I know what to do with so I have all day every day to play games and the money to buy whatever I want.
Surely there is already enough advantage and disadvantage without allowing people with morally dubious advantages into the mix?

I agree that this should not be turned into a witch hunt and I have absolutely no intention of letting it become one. As far as I'm concerned Jerich0's punishment is that he will not be allowed on the leaderboard (and if he gets caught by Microsoft he will suffer a lot worse) and we don't need to give him any shit about it. I intend to take the same harsh line on any other known modders/pirates/gamesavers in the future because I took a vote from you guys before, the majority response was to disallow these people and I fully intend to go through with the things I said I would.
This is not my thread, this belongs to all of you guys and you're the ones who should make the rules.
For my money this conversation is over.

Jonas
Jonas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 10th, 2009 @ 11:32 PM Reply

At 12/10/09 11:26 PM, sushi13 wrote:
As Matt said there are always going to be people with advantages and people with disadvantages. Look at Jonas; he works in a video game store and gets to bring loads of whorish games home and max out his score. And me, I work like 5-8 hours a week and make more money than I know what to do with so I have all day every day to play games and the money to buy whatever I want.
Surely there is already enough advantage and disadvantage without allowing people with morally dubious advantages into the mix?

I play non whorish games. Sometimes.

Though on Jerich0, everyone's said what I'd say, anyways, let me know if someone is having trouble with a game because of dead online play, because the good thing about the game store is it lets NG users with maybe no one else to play crap games with play with other NGers. Ultimately, never forget that you guys can let me know if you need some help with online games, because I'd like to think of my stupid selection of games as a boon for all.

:3 That and I can make other people feel my pain for having to stare at a copy of Friends The Game The One With All the Trivia EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY WORKING LIFE.

Need a hot dicking?
JonasATnewgrounds.com
I do voices.

malachi117
malachi117
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to NG Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0 Dec. 11th, 2009 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 12/10/09 11:32 PM, Jonas wrote: for having to stare at a copy of Friends The Game The One With All the Trivia EVERY SINGLE DAY OF MY WORKING LIFE.

...........I own that game.

You should totally add me on one of my various game accounts:
360 - Malachi117. Steam - Malachi117. PS3/PS4 - NarcolepticCat.