New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 23rd, 2009 @ 06:50 PM Reply

IM IN! Oh great Nae, is there no ending to your awsome thread making abilities :)

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 23rd, 2009 @ 07:17 PM Reply

At 11/23/09 06:07 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: woO! jonny! :D

Woo indeed!

I know some of you are hesitant to have your addresses given out... so, I'm looking into getting a PO Box. That way everyone could just send their cards to me (you guys trust me, right! muahahhahaa!) ...then I could throw 'em all in a big pile and randomly pick one to put into another larger envelope to send out to someone else (you'd get a code to put on your envelope to make sure you don't get your own back! :P) Plus this way I could make sure that only people who actually send one get one.

nah, thatd double the costs... plus it would be darn difficult... the only possible way to do it would be to have everyone send you their card in an envelope with enough stamps for a return card... but I cant buy american stamps in the netherlands, so itd have to be cash... Which would mean you (or we) would have to go to a foreign exchange office, to get your euros turned into dollars... big hassle

You wouldn't be able to personalize your cards because it would be completely random... but, would that work better for you guys?!

Nah, in second thought, I think not knowing who it is for might be better.... well, both options have their pros and cons. Biggest problem is that you have to finishe your card before you can apply, so before you get your recipient...

Any input/suggestions to help things work better are greatly appreciated!! :D

I just say you do it the original way, If poeple are too concerned about giving their address to other regulars, they just cant join...

At 11/23/09 05:55 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: PROJECT RUNWAY :D :D :D

I recognized it! that is actually one of the few programs I genuinely enjoy watching...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
MoriChax
MoriChax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 23rd, 2009 @ 07:47 PM Reply

Hmm I'd like to do this but I am unsure about just giving my adress out. D:

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 23rd, 2009 @ 07:57 PM Reply

Holy snap!
Renae is back on the saddle!

Mexifry
Mexifry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 23rd, 2009 @ 08:34 PM Reply

At 11/23/09 07:57 PM, M-Vero wrote: Holy snap!
Renae is back on the saddle!

There goes my fun. :C

Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 23rd, 2009 @ 08:38 PM Reply

At 11/23/09 08:34 PM, Mexifry wrote: There goes my fun. :C

Just have more rule abiding fun

Stay off the grass
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 23rd, 2009 @ 08:51 PM Reply

At 11/23/09 08:34 PM, Mexifry wrote: There goes my fun. :C

I'll try to be less 'stick up her ass' and more lenient of shenanigans this time... if I get unbearable again, just pm me with a good bitch slap! :D

Mori... would you be ok giving your address to just me? I could do a private swap for people that don't want to share their info with others. The way it is right now, you would give your info to me and I would give it to ONE other person. But with the private swap, you'd just give it to me (and send your card to me) and I'd re-envelope those... so I'd be the only person you'd have to give your address to... make sense?

MoriChax
MoriChax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 23rd, 2009 @ 10:14 PM Reply

At 11/23/09 08:51 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Mori... would you be ok giving your address to just me? I could do a private swap for people that don't want to share their info with others. The way it is right now, you would give your info to me and I would give it to ONE other person. But with the private swap, you'd just give it to me (and send your card to me) and I'd re-envelope those... so I'd be the only person you'd have to give your address to... make sense?

yes it makes perfect sense, and I would be much more comfortable doing that.
So I guess that means I'm in!

Follow my Artstigram

BBS Signature
Oobeedoopskadoobie
Oobeedoopskadoobie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 23rd, 2009 @ 10:16 PM Reply

I think that's a great Idea! Count me in! I'm not that great an artist, though, will that be a problem?

Glacier
Glacier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 23rd, 2009 @ 10:16 PM Reply

I'm in.

Illegal text >:(
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 23rd, 2009 @ 10:24 PM Reply

I think it should be that after you've received your card, you should post the card that you got in this thread. More fun for the recipient to post the card with their comments on/about it, than the sender just posting what they made.

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Audiophile
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 24th, 2009 @ 01:46 AM Reply

I'm not an Art Forum goer or a brilliantly creative person but I would love to whip up a card with some glitter and sparkle, like a 7 year old would. Am I welcome to do this? And and I live in the UK, will this be a problem (not sure if answered before) :3

:(

Also General needs more Renae still :D

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
sucho
sucho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 24th, 2009 @ 02:11 AM Reply

so thats why you have a gilded tank.

i'll try to be in this, although i'm moving back to Indy before new years

BBS Signature
jmalouin7
jmalouin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 24th, 2009 @ 06:15 AM Reply

I am in for this :) But I have a question, Could we make multiple cards for multiple users? and If we choose to involve a gift, is there spending limits on set gift?

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature
Occluded
Occluded
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Artist
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 24th, 2009 @ 08:38 AM Reply

I just realized my card ideas are all either corny as hell, or wildly inappropriate. I'm gonna end up doing something corny and it'll go to JoeTheToucan who will call me a fag. Or I'll do something I think is funny and it'll end up in the hands of a 13 year old who will be scarred for life.

Needs to think.
monopoly346
monopoly346
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 24th, 2009 @ 10:46 AM Reply

this is pretty kool

i need ways to make big cash fast. PM me for info!!!

BBS Signature
ForNoReason
ForNoReason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Voice Actor
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 24th, 2009 @ 05:18 PM Reply

HECK YEAH I AM IN! Sounds like fun and woohoo.

and sadly I got your project runway joke =p

II II lI

BBS Signature
Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 24th, 2009 @ 05:34 PM Reply

Sureeeee... I'll try to make one. :3 Any recommended materials? Or would paper do just fine?

I know you can see through paper.. Idk if there's a proper card making type of paper thing that I don't know about or not..

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 24th, 2009 @ 06:14 PM Reply

At 11/23/09 08:51 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
Mori... would you be ok giving your address to just me? I could do a private swap for people that don't want to share their info with others. The way it is right now, you would give your info to me and I would give it to ONE other person. But with the private swap, you'd just give it to me (and send your card to me) and I'd re-envelope those... so I'd be the only person you'd have to give your address to... make sense?

but if you do that he would have your address, then he could give it to someone else, then we could all find out where you live and find out who you are and come and find you and have a house party, you cant hide your identity forever

jokes though, i cant partake in this merriment for i am moving home so will be without a computer or anything for several weeks, i know i could draw it but nevermind

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 24th, 2009 @ 06:28 PM Reply

At 11/24/09 05:34 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Sureeeee... I'll try to make one. :3 Any recommended materials? Or would paper do just fine?

I know you can see through paper.. Idk if there's a proper card making type of paper thing that I don't know about or not..

I'm just using some thicker paper and gonna bust out some pencil crayons on it.

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 25th, 2009 @ 11:47 AM Reply

At 11/23/09 10:14 PM, MoriChax wrote: So I guess that means I'm in!

yay!! happy to hear it! :D

At 11/23/09 10:16 PM, Oobeedoopskadoobie wrote: I'm not that great an artist, though, will that be a problem?

That's not a problem, but your post count is. I have no idea who you are. No offense. lol!

So here's the deal for people that I'm not familiar with:
Go ahead an make a card... put it in an UNSEALED envelope. Put that inside ANOTHER envelope and send it to me. That way when I get it, I can take a look at the contents. If it looks like there was some actual effort put it in, and I know you're not just doing it as a joke, then I'll include it in the shuffle. If it's garbage, that's where it will end up.

At 11/23/09 10:16 PM, angryglacier wrote: I'm in.

woO! :D

At 11/23/09 10:24 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I think it should be that after you've received your card, you should post the card that you got in this thread. More fun for the recipient to post the card with their comments on/about it, than the sender just posting what they made.

Yes, that's a great plan! But not everyone is going to have a scanner/cam/etc. So if you can, scan/cam your own before you send it off, just to be safe!! ;)

At 11/24/09 01:46 AM, Gagsy wrote: Am I welcome to do this? And and I live in the UK, will this be a problem?

YAY!!! Of course you're welcome! Everyone is welcome!! This isn't so much about talent as it is about SHARING THE HOLIDAY SPIRIT (feel free to use that in your card!! ha!) ...and location doesn't matter either... just let me know if you'd like a name geographically closer to you (to cut down on postage cost and delivery time).

Also General needs more Renae still :D

...or maybe the Art Forum needs more Gagsy!!! ;)

At 11/24/09 02:11 AM, sucho wrote: i'll try to be in this, although i'm moving back to Indy before new years

yay!!! Hopefully everything will get delivered before x-mas. Just remind me when you send your addy and I'll make sure the person that gets your name is in the states.

At 11/24/09 06:15 AM, jmalouin7 wrote: I am in for this :) But I have a question, Could we make multiple cards for multiple users? and If we choose to involve a gift, is there spending limits on set gift?

JAMIE!!! <3<3<3 Hi :D

Hmm... making multiple cards will give us an uneven exchange, so... I don't think that will work ...but if you want to make extra cards for specific individuals, you could send them to me and I could forward them on... we can work out the details in private *WINK* <3

As for including gifts... you're not required to send anything other than a card... but I guess it's up to each individual. If you're comfortable including a million dollars, then that's your prerogative (make sure I know so your card goes to me! lawl!!) Just remember that your card may end up in a completely different country, so don't stuff a gift card to some local store in there, 'cuz the recipient won't be able to use it. Also DO NOT SEND CASH!!

At 11/24/09 08:38 AM, Occluded wrote: I just realized my card ideas are all either corny as hell, or wildly inappropriate.

lol, yeah, gotta keep it neutral. It might go to a 13 year old kid, or a 28 year old ...kid. LOL! ...but in the end, you can post it here so everyone can enjoy it :D

At 11/24/09 10:46 AM, monopoly346 wrote: this is pretty kool

INORITE?! ...you in?! :)

At 11/24/09 05:18 PM, ForNoReason wrote: HECK YEAH I AM IN! Sounds like fun and woohoo.

Yay!!! the more the merrier! :D

and sadly I got your project runway joke =p

...make it work! ;D

At 11/24/09 05:34 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Sureeeee... I'll try to make one. :3 Any recommended materials? Or would paper do just fine?

nope... paper is fine. It's what you do with it that will make it special. Draw a pretty picture, glue stuff to it (Gagsy's using glitter!!! :O) ...It can be a card sized piece of chip board with a pic on one side and a greeting on the other... BE CREATIVE!!! :D

At 11/24/09 06:14 PM, ashman112 wrote: but if you do that he would have your address, then he could give it to someone else, then we could all find out where you live, you cant hide your identity forever

Oh yes I can! ...I'm getting a PO Box! Bazinga!!

i cant partake in this merriment

awwww :'( ..you totally could... and SHOULD draw it!! pretty please!?! :3

At 11/24/09 06:28 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I'm just using some thicker paper and gonna bust out some pencil crayons on it.

That works too!!! :D

At 11/24/09 07:44 PM, EJR wrote: I may actually do this. I'll use the same method Mori will be using to send my card since I feel more comfortable doing it that way.

YAY!! :) ...just be sure to remind me when you pm me with your info!

Hope I didn't miss anyone in all of that! lol
Undertone
Undertone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Filmmaker
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 25th, 2009 @ 01:23 PM Reply

I've been lurking a lot more than usual this past year, would I still be okay to enter one? Can finally be a bit more active on the ol' Newgrounds front now the coursework gods hath been appeased :D

zalecot
zalecot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 25th, 2009 @ 01:25 PM Reply

oh this looks fun... I'll definitely make one (hoe you'll include me)

*starts brain storming*

"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things: Of shoes and ships and sealing-wax. Of cabbages and kings!"

BBS Signature
Mexifry
Mexifry
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 25th, 2009 @ 02:18 PM Reply

How do we get the cards to you?
Like on the 6th, will you give us the address to mail it to or we mailing them all to you first, then you are redistributing them?

Zyphonee
Zyphonee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 25th, 2009 @ 02:45 PM Reply

This thread is so filled with hype and :D it makes my head hurt!

ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 25th, 2009 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 11/25/09 11:47 AM, ReNaeNae wrote: Hmm... making multiple cards will give us an uneven exchange, so... I don't think that will work...

WAIT!!! I'm changing my answer! It just means you'll get back as many as you sent, so...
You can send up to THREE (3) cards.
If anyone wants to send something to a specific user (IN ADDITION to a random trade), pm me and we'll work it

At 11/25/09 01:23 PM, Undertone wrote: I've been lurking a lot more than usual this past year, would I still be okay to enter one?

Absolutely!! Glad to have you aboard (the card exchange...train?).

At 11/25/09 01:25 PM, zalecot wrote: oh this looks fun... I'll definitely make one (hoe you'll include me)

Consider yourself included! :D

*starts brain storming*
don't hurt yourself ohhhohoho! lol
At 11/25/09 02:18 PM, Mexifry wrote: How do we get the cards to you?
Like on the 6th, will you give us the address to mail it to or we mailing them all to you first, then you are redistributing them?

Yeah, I've decided to have everyone just send them to me (to a PO Box I will get on Monday). This way no one has to give out their address to anyone but me... and I can make sure all cards are 'appropriate'.

You can put your card in and UNSEALED envelope and but that into ANOTHER envelope... or, if you don't have a 2nd one, I'll just put your card in a new envelope (I work for a printer, we have TONS!)

If you want to send along some (US) stamps to help with the resending, that's cool... but not necessary. Again, DO NOT SEND CASH!!!

So, as soon as your card is DONE, you can pm me with your mailing info (the sooner the better for people outside the US!!) Be sure to INCLUDE YOUR NAME. Starting Monday, I will pm you back with the address. You have until the following Monday, December 7th to be included in the shuffle.

At 11/25/09 02:45 PM, Zyphonee wrote: This thread is so filled with hype and :D it makes my head hurt!

I know!! It's awesome, isn't it!?! :D

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 26th, 2009 @ 05:18 PM Reply

ok renae after much deliberation iv decided i may be able to do this if i get a user who is in the uk, if its sirnightowl i can deliver it in person lol

Lilyvalley
Lilyvalley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 03:05 PM Reply

I'm down for this shizzle!

Phenomenal idiots.

ThePortalGuru
ThePortalGuru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 27th, 2009 @ 08:34 PM Reply

Of course I'll participate, Rae! I should begin work, IMMEDIATELY!

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature
MadiiMonsterr
MadiiMonsterr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange Nov. 30th, 2009 @ 05:23 AM Reply

Eep can I still make one?
I feel like I'm so out of the far behind everyone else.