Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 01:11:27 Reply

Hi Guys!

A long time ago I decided I was going to start a manga - well it has been put on the backburner for many years - but during this time I did a lot of "profile" shots of the characters I was going to use - so they would be static characters on a page, some completely on the side, some 3/4 pose, but they all had that solitary desktop "look"..

one of my characters however, king chronamut which I made up, hence my username, is rather .. special to me.. however unlike the others I find it hard to envision him in an other pose other than the one I drew him in, as I sort of associate him with.. me.

So my request is that you take my character, and redraw him in some epic poses, anything other than the straight on side pose he is in now - but with the same clothing - make his gear look the same - but redraw him in some cool poses- the more bordering on realism the better - and please - no half-assed ms paint or parody crappy looking images - you know what I mean.

I want to see what I can achieve with my character, and I also want to see how he would look from other perspectives, in other mediums, etc.

so this is my challenge to you - you are free to display the resulting creations under your own profiles, as long as you credit me as the character source for the drawing :)

also if this is in any way out of line let me know - I read over the art rules and this doesn't appear to break any of them..

oh and please if you think my original pic sucks - please keep your comments to yourself - the world is full of limitless room for improvement - and I do believe that I have much time to do just that - Improve :)

I hope to see some cool results! And if you could keep facial features and that as close as possible to mine that would be great :)

toodles!

-shawn-

Help to evolve my character!

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 01:46:12 Reply

Oh, I thought you meant like Pokemon evolve :P

Chronamut -> lvl 22 King Chronamut -> lvl 36 Ultra King Chronamut
TaraGraphics
TaraGraphics
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Animator
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 01:57:36 Reply

At 11/13/09 01:46 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Oh, I thought you meant like Pokemon evolve :P
Chronamut -> lvl 22 King Chronamut -> lvl 36 Ultra King Chronamut

I thought the same here too.

@~~Little Mascot Rocks~~@

JoeTheToucan
JoeTheToucan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 06:20:10 Reply

We'll start by removing the anime from it and burning it.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature
fhqwagads
fhqwagads
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 06:26:13 Reply

At 11/13/09 06:20 AM, JoeTheToucan wrote: We'll start by removing the anime from it and burning it.

^lol

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 07:02:57 Reply

That's a cool character you have there! Especially the hair, it's big and pointy. It will be hard to redraw it because of the many details you've put there. But I think I'll try to draw it as simple as I can.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 08:50:51 Reply

At 11/13/09 07:02 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: That's a cool character you have there! Especially the hair, it's big and pointy. It will be hard to redraw it because of the many details you've put there. But I think I'll try to draw it as simple as I can.

just make the hair layered and really glossy, with lots of volume - the crown is kinda suspending half of the hair up in an artificial show of massive volume :)

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 14:05:13 Reply

oh also keep in mind King Chronamut is a "god"

Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 15:24:32 Reply

A little too over-the-top I'd say tone it down a bit, and the hair is a bit ridiculous looking.

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 15:32:12 Reply

At 11/13/09 03:24 PM, M-Vero wrote: A little too over-the-top I'd say tone it down a bit, and the hair is a bit ridiculous looking.

it's a god- it;s allowed to be over the top - also this isnt a "critique my art" thread as I mentioned in my first post.

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 15:35:20 Reply

I'm gonna draw him. I think my first thread was something like this thread, but I didn't read the rules so it went off to Locksville, Tennessee.

ANYWAY, I'm gonna draw him, probably tomorrow or the day after because I need to finish my first X-Mas Collab drawing soon.

But, I won't make him look like a bunch of spikes, it's not my thing.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 15:40:56 Reply

At 11/13/09 03:32 PM, Chronamut wrote: it's a god- it;s allowed to be over the top - also this isnt a "critique my art" thread as I mentioned in my first post.

Alright, I had read your post and I missed that, that's my bad.
The topic says "Help me evolve my character" if you don't want people suggesting things and giving their opinions, it's kind of misleading.

LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 16:09:42 Reply

At 11/13/09 06:20 AM, JoeTheToucan wrote: We'll start by removing the anime from it and burning it.

Dear Joe.

Fuck.
You.

Idiot.

If people overall was like you, the concept of art as we know it today wouldn't exist.
Going around insulting what people create, for no other reason than that it doesnt fit with your idea of what is "art" is both egoistic and meaningless. In this case the poster even said he associate this character with himself, and you then tell him to BURN it? I don't know if the OP cares about your ignorant fucktard comment, but that might be the case some other time. Maybe some people don't like the style you're working with, but you wouldnt exactly like it if they came around insulting your shit for no other reason than that, huh?
If you even once stop someone from trying to express her- or himself you are a pure enemy of art, and a complete loser in my eyes.

Fuck you.

To Chronamut:

I actually enjoyed doing this, I ususaly don't take on stuff like this, but for once i made an exception. I don't know why, maybe it was because this character is so "over the top" that i saw it as a challange. Haha.

I had some trouble reading the characters features from your image though, so i didn't realise that it was a crown he had, i read it as hair, and im sure i missed a whole lot of other details. But heres my take at him. Enjoy!

Higher resolution

JoeTheToucan
JoeTheToucan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 16:44:21 Reply

At 11/13/09 04:09 PM, LaserKarl wrote: Dear Joe.

Fuck.

OI
If I were to post any of my illustrations on the internet, I would only EXPECT bastard's words flung at me. In any case, at what point did I tell him to burn his art, or imply it was shit? Pff. You craaazy foreigners get even more moronic every day. I merely stated that, in altering his art (which he has requested) I would extract the anime from it and destroy it. Fucking hell mate, you can't tell me it isn't overkilled enough already, good or bad. Your statement that "the concept of art as we know it today wouldn't exist" If it were not for anime is a right load.
And you, as an established art forum regular, would know as well as anyone else that my comments are rarely personal or serious. You bloody cunt-wit.
In MY glorious toucan eyes, YOU are nought but a cunt with an inflated noggin. I thought you as a decent fellow at first, but didn't you prove me wrong. Just as the vast majority of moderately talented digital artists, you ain't nothing more than a buggering toff.
Your foreign commentary is both inferior and meaningless to but one of my British toucan arse feathers. LEAVE MY SIGHT YOU SWEDISH NONCE

Also, my insults suck your typical American ones i.e "Fucktard" right away like some variety of powerful hoover.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 17:13:40 Reply

Nah, you can't post like that anymore, Joe, 'specially to people you ain't friendly with. There's prob a general forum rule for it, but the art forum's not meant to be a hostile environment.

BBS Signature
JoeTheToucan
JoeTheToucan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 18:04:48 Reply

Christy, all this from 'We'll start by removing the anime from it and burning it.'

No mate, no.

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 18:38:42 Reply

Ugh, let me sort this feud out now.
Toucan said - We'll remove the anime and burn it
Basically he meant that in redrawing the character, we should remove the anime aspect in our versions of the character. He did not mean that the image SHOULD BE BURNED. I understand how this can be easily misinterpreted. Obviously, everyone else misunderstood this, especially Karl.
Karl, don't mind Toucan. He's a bastard, but usually a fun bastard. I understand why you would be pissed with him, especially after all of this kr8to business going on. Just realize that Toucan is just having a bit of fun, and in all seriousness, he actually has nothing against the OP or the artwork. He's just being a bit of a bastard.
Yes, everyone seems to have escalated this problem, but that's always what happens when someone misunderstands someone else. Hell, wars have been fought on the grounds of issues like this. So I think everyone needs to take a deep breath, vent off some rage on helpless inanimate objects and just relax.

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 18:44:32 Reply

Funny. This thread has turned into a battlefield of insults.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 19:46:30 Reply

Don't worry - I completely understood what Joe was saying - and he is exactly right - in fact i would LOVE to see a realistic rendition of it done - as I plan on doing one eventualyl anyways..

and Laserkarl that is fucking AWESOME! I love it! Give me soem awesome ideas!

also if one of you could put a fancy staff in his hand thatd be really cool too - as I kinda always picture him having a bodylength one with some fancy latticework head on it but I never drew it originally :)

and you guys really do get fired up easily :)

JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 16
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 20:34:49 Reply

At 11/13/09 02:05 PM, Chronamut wrote: oh also keep in mind King Chronamut is a "god"

King? Its a guy, this looks like a girl... but then that is just Anime. I would say give him a big 'ol bushy beard, or at least a mustache, all kings should have some for m of facial hair, and I think its mandatory for gods to have facial hair

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 20:45:00 Reply

At 11/13/09 08:34 PM, JackDGreatest wrote: I think its mandatory for gods to have facial hair

I wouldn't say that

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 20:45:30 Reply

At 11/13/09 08:34 PM, JackDGreatest wrote:
At 11/13/09 02:05 PM, Chronamut wrote: oh also keep in mind King Chronamut is a "god"
King? Its a guy, this looks like a girl... but then that is just Anime. I would say give him a big 'ol bushy beard, or at least a mustache, all kings should have some for m of facial hair, and I think its mandatory for gods to have facial hair

I dont want him to look like a homeless person - but some close trimmed facial hair could be cool :)

LaserKarl
LaserKarl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 21:34:54 Reply

At 11/13/09 04:44 PM, JoeTheToucan wrote:
At 11/13/09 04:09 PM, LaserKarl wrote: Dear Joe.

Fuck.

Pff. You craaazy foreigners get even more moronic every day.

Seriosuly, i stopped reading after this, Hitler :D

Henry-nougat
Henry-nougat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 22:17:32 Reply

lol

My Art. Enjoy Life

BBS Signature
Herospirit
Herospirit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-13 22:17:55 Reply

I don't think he meant it wouldn't be here without anime, Joe; I think he just meant a tolerance of styles in general. No insult intended.

JoeTheToucan
JoeTheToucan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-14 12:15:44 Reply

At 11/13/09 10:17 PM, Herospirit wrote: I don't think he meant it wouldn't be here without anime, Joe; I think he just meant a tolerance of styles in general. No insult intended.

Who knows?

At 11/13/09 06:38 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Ugh, let me sort this feud out now.

Jonny, you need a big sloppy kiss, you do. That was beautiful.

At 11/13/09 07:46 PM, Chronamut wrote: Don't worry - I completely understood what Joe was saying - and he is exactly right - in fact i would LOVE to see a realistic rendition of it done - as I plan on doing one eventualyl anyways..

Good on you mate, you's a smart fella. I think I'll even do you something in commendation of your magnificent common sense.

At 11/13/09 09:34 PM, LaserKarl wrote: Seriosuly, I stopped reading after this, Hilter :D

No you did not.
Also, I fixed your sentence. It is now fixed. A fixed sentence. Who needs Jim. No-one, that's who.

/moderatelylongpost

No mate, no.

BBS Signature
Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-14 16:31:07 Reply

sweet man,

I might also add that the sketch already done in this thread actually is pretty accurate skin tone wise as I do have a darker complexion - wanted to add that before but I forgot - so thanks for that :)

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Voice Actor
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-14 16:33:46 Reply

At 11/14/09 04:31 PM, Chronamut wrote: I might also add that the sketch already done in this thread actually is pretty accurate skin tone wise as I do have a darker complexion - wanted to add that before but I forgot - so thanks for that :)

Not that dark :P
Also, I suggest giving the character a sweet goatee :D

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-14 16:40:04 Reply

oh and response to LaserKarl - you shoulda gone to my art profile! I have the full sized version there :)

http://www.newgrounds.com/art/view/chron amut/king-chronamut

itll prolly fuck up that link and put a space in it or something..

really though - I loved the result nonetheless - it put a different spin on him entirely ;)

and yeah there are a lot of little intricacies that you missed ;)

Chronamut
Chronamut
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Artist
Response to Help to evolve my character! 2009-11-14 16:42:45 Reply

At 11/14/09 04:33 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 11/14/09 04:31 PM, Chronamut wrote: I might also add that the sketch already done in this thread actually is pretty accurate skin tone wise as I do have a darker complexion - wanted to add that before but I forgot - so thanks for that :)
Not that dark :P
Also, I suggest giving the character a sweet goatee :D

yeah maybe not that dark - sorta in between :)

and yeah - maybe sweet like mine :)

dont mind the nipple hahaha