Respond to this Topic
Lost-Wisdom
Lost-Wisdom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 01:12 AM Reply

A great gem of flashes right there for viewing pleasure. Thanks for all the great finds here, I'm glad they're here.

Criminal was hilarious.

Sleep Time was pure gold.

Everything I see is just a image of my thoughts "Always looking for a better day..."
What's your fastest reaction time?
-[Audiosurf Club]-

BBS Signature
AlkaSeltzer
AlkaSeltzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 03:12 AM Reply

Boo Sketch by kusk is a ripoff of all its content except the bad animation lol.

BBS Signature
BenFella
BenFella
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 03:38 AM Reply

My favourite is Phil's Toy Hammers! I like how it's short, fast paced and funny.

Carbonwater
Carbonwater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Animator
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 04:28 AM Reply

Right off the bat and one of my movies makes the cut.

<3 Tom, and whoever may have contributed it as a possible gem. That guy is awesome, whoever he may be.

DaveB0rt
DaveB0rt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 07:25 AM Reply

lost farts

aaaaaaaaaaaa

clesure
clesure
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 10:08 AM Reply

Boing Shoes! By far the funniest of the lot, imo. I cracked up so hard when the claims about how high and far you could jump came on. (Don't want to spoil what was happening at that time for those that haven't watched.) The animation was done well, as was the audio.

Fate
Fate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Animator
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 10:37 AM Reply

My favorite, of those above, would have to be 'Face Fist'r'.
or WhatD'youthinkofmydadnow.
But Facefist'r is the preference.

BBS Signature
Toma84
Toma84
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 10:39 AM Reply

I gotta vote for Pain in the Brain. It was completely random yet oddly coherent, and the artist does show a knack for setup and timing.

Zeroq
Zeroq
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 12:22 PM Reply

DAYDREAM ---

It was original, funny, and imaginative.

ZeroQ -------> Zero Quantum

omegared
omegared
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 01:19 PM Reply

I watched them all. I didn't review them all, jut the ones I wanted to. I felt it would be redundant after a while to keep reading, "funny and short 3/5"

Buns of Steel

A great example of how randomness is just plain funny. There's little animation and the art is nothing to brag about but every line of dialogue is hilarity, voiced to perfection, and the way the scenes switch and are timed is perfect. I love the close up for no reason when he drinks the soda. 9/10

Criminal!

• Criminal!
    Criminal! by Tugoro

Click to view.

Type
    Movie
    Rated
    Ages 13+

Similar to Buns of Steel, this animation is random and fun to listen to. The actions of the stick characters, the poor depiction of walking and lip synching isn't as distracting as it is humorous. I'd give it a 4/5.

WhatD'YouThinkOfMyDadNow?

A nice preloaded and overall a nice flash considering all it was. But it drags for to long, the characters I liked the most were the two cats in the beginning. I felt like the whole thing could/should have been two separate flashes, even though it's clear the animator was trying to tie everything together as a surprise- It didn't work for me. 8/10

Bringing a Knife to a Gun

I laughed a bit more at this because it used the Matrix 2 fight music. There is hilarity in this one, but I would say it's to short to be deserving of a 10, however I favorited cause I will watch it again; it's just to priceless.

Phil's Toy Hammers

Genius. The pure irony of it all! A great bit that made me LOL! I have to give this extra points just for being to funny, and that's why I think it's a 10.

Mikey's Show

Haha. I love the sarcasm. This one is quite funny but I can't help but feel like the joke was taken over to the point where it isn't funny anymore. In other words, this could have been cut in a few places and I would have liked it more. Because it's so long I don't really wanna replay it, but I did like it. 4/5

Boing Shoes

• Boing Shoes
    Boing Shoes by MyKindOfFlash

Click to view.

Type
    Movie
    Rated
    Everyone

Watch this! The thing I like about this is that every attempt at humor is successful. Even if a joke has been done or is cliché. The artist is just a funny person. As far as art and animation goes, nothing was out of place. 10/10

I am Corn

• I am Corn
    I am Corn by jackthetrippr

Click to view.

Type
    Movie
    Rated
    Ages 17+

Maybe it was Mark M who is known as the father of this flash style but I got a good laugh from this. 7/10

Slumberland Sequence

A very spiffy animation, very well done. The jokes were so random that they didn't really tickle my fancy, sept when the voicer said MUD, that made me lol. 4/5

What would you do

This is greatness. The cartoony humor plus genius what would you do questions. Favorited.

Shadow Deathmatch

To long in my opinion. BUT! I bet that a lot of people would really enjoy this. It's funny and well drawn. 9/10

An interview thing

Excellently animated and funny. But again a drag fest. I think don't do drugs made me die laughing... Had to check my pulse.
Sleep time

• Sleep Time
    Sleep Time by Funy-mony

Click to view.

Type
    Movie
    Rated
    Everyone

I knida wish every flash had options like this one does! That was truly a great idea, but one option should link story to more options. I'd have no choice but to do um all. Just like I did for the PICO DAY 2008 press and punch collab ;)

Theo

• Theo
    Theo by kaav

Click to view.

Type
    Movie
    Rated
    Everyone

By far the best drawn but the least funny. That is not to say it isn't clever, or cute. It's a sophisticated flash indeed, deserving of a 9 or 10.

Face Fister

Very funny. Not special animation and art, but worth a watch.

The 5 Second Film Collab

My pick for winner in comedy. It doesn't seem like it would be a good idea to make flashes just 5 seconds long. But it's one hilarity after another. I really had to watch it twice and then twice again. The Artists make fun of the fact that they had 5 seconds. What's scary is they all did a great job! 10/10

mastershake141
mastershake141
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 04:08 PM Reply

Just watched all of them, My favorite is still the one I recommended, I am Corn, But my second favorite is Pixel monster.

Both of those are hilarious.

allenkenny
allenkenny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 04:51 PM Reply

Hmmm thats nice Tom at least we got some more movies to watch :D

OMG IM ON FIRE!!!!!!!

BBS Signature
pupart
pupart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 12th, 2009 @ 07:40 PM Reply

HOLY COW!!! I dont know why but this made me laugh... REALLY HARD. The graphics were fantastic and the voice acting was just like so cool! I loved it!

Next, I liked this one. Mainly because it is a very odd and strange video, and I like strange and original and quirky. I am corn hahaha.

• I am Corn
    I am Corn by jackthetrippr

Click to view.

Type
    Movie
    Rated
    Ages 17+

Kwart
Kwart
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 13th, 2009 @ 12:30 AM Reply

Hopefully it's not too late to post my vote for Part 1 of the Treasure Hunt. 'Mercenaries:Wizards' was my favorite. It had an actually story, not just random events for two minutes. Also it was one of the few that made me laugh hard.
My second vote goes to 'Run Laddie Run'. Even though the art style wasn't top notch it was aesthetically pleasing. The ending was unexpected but enjoyable.
There's my two cents.

evilhamsterboy
evilhamsterboy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 13th, 2009 @ 09:31 AM Reply

Because I think I'm in love. Ooh.

My name really sucks.

Lazlollie10
Lazlollie10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 13th, 2009 @ 10:22 AM Reply

Buns of steel is really hilarious. There was a FBI guy who kicked another guy out the hospital, great.
But the greatest part was when the FBI guy squash the beer can with his butt, awesome.
And another hilarious part was when there came a turd out of his chin, great!!!!!!!
But too bad the voices were all the same. Next time the author must use other voices.

JeremyFisher1000
JeremyFisher1000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 13th, 2009 @ 01:35 PM Reply

LOL I crapped myself when I watched

• Criminal!
    Criminal! by Tugoro

Click to view.

Type
    Movie
    Rated
    Ages 13+

It made me laugh like every 5 seconds :D

Neophyte-Ronin
Neophyte-Ronin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 14th, 2009 @ 02:04 AM Reply

I recommended several cartoons for the "Funny Cartoons" category, among others, but a few got my Five Vote. I did that to keep track of who would get my final verdict. Even with a Five, however, I would pick something apart about it. It isn't a vote that suggests perfection by any means.

"WhatD'YouThinkOfMyDadNow" is a 5. It has randomized satire with decent art direction. It's in terribly poor taste, however.

"Phil's Toy Hammers" is a trip. I have the voice track, too. It got a Five, despite being quick and simple... not as impressive as it could have been. Thus, I moved on.

I recall seeing "Boing Shoes" when it came out and wondered why nobody gave it Front Page Status.

"I Am Corn" warrants a replay. Reminds me of Welcome to Coneria I Like Swords Welcome to Corneria I Like Swords Welcome to Corneria I Like Swords Welcome to Corneria I Like Swords Welcome to Corneria I Like Swords Welcome to Corneria I Like Swords Welcome to Corneria I Like Swords Welcome to Corneria I Like Swords Welcome to Corneria I Like Swords... uh, did I mention that I Am Corn warrants a replay?

Buy us a round of "Face Fist'rs"! This one was too long but it pioneered the satire against energy drinks. You cannot go better, especially since they are banned in some countries where the kids don't understand the "Plateau Effect" in regards to any drug (caffeine, the active ingredient, is a mild stimulant).

The above Flash Cartoons are exemplary and deserving of a few good watches, but for me, "What Would You Do?!", takes the cake overall. It isn't random; it just takes a question, adds random situations, and has fun. Though Spartan in art direction, it reminded me of the old "Bitter Films" that people keep posting on YouTube even if their original creator insists that shouldn't happen. In my eye, that nostalgia sent this over the top. Also, it is witty and without breaking the boundary of good taste, so that, overall, receives my vote. I chuckled constantly, by the way.

A big bunch of yahoos for the other entries. However, some entries take a good idea and run it into the ground....

I sent a Blam onto one of them in particular: the especially abrasive Mikey's Show. It parodies how college kids think they will become the next Simpsons or Family Guy (a hard knock on the College University series) without trying. Unfortunately, the voices and art direction--horrible as they are intended to be--also made me throw up. Does satire always have to emulate the things it picks on? I could not give anything lower than a Blam because Newgrounds is sort of gimped like that.

Other than that, excellent job! Keep up the good work and don't give up on a bad idea if you know you can make it sing. Thanks for digging up a few diamonds in the rough and never be a stranger to our humble abode here!

TURDO
TURDO
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 14th, 2009 @ 07:41 AM Reply

Lol
Posted at: 11/11/09 09:11 AM

BBS Signature
shiningstarman
shiningstarman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 15th, 2009 @ 10:54 PM Reply

My friend just showed me this. HOLY SMOKES!!!! I love it! Such noce detail in graphics and just WOW!!!

Lord-Kalvo
Lord-Kalvo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 16th, 2009 @ 08:12 PM Reply

Best of part one:

5 second film collab.

vimeo.com/LordKalvin

Calzo20
Calzo20
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 18th, 2009 @ 02:10 PM Reply

I vote http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/45 4846 because it was absolutely hee-larious!

ilConteCardax
ilConteCardax
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 20th, 2009 @ 01:09 PM Reply

I watched them all, and I've chosen five of them.

PIXEL MONSTER
I liked the jokes, especially the ending (Bowser: "Why the fuck is there banana pudding everywhere ??? lol)

PHIL'S TOY HAMMERS
I liked the idea and I was surprised n the ending too

WHAT WOULD YOU DO ?!
I think this is the one that I liked the most. I loved its funny randomness.

BOO SKETCH
I chose this too, because is simple and funny.

FACE FIST'R
It kinda scared the hell out of me...but I loved it anyway :3

IonStar
IonStar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Melancholy
Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 1 Nov. 22nd, 2009 @ 06:23 PM Reply

There are a few good ones listed here, and it was hard to choose between them really, but I have to vote for Run Laddie Run; it contains decent art and some nice animation but what was really interesting about this movie was that it successfully tricked the viewer by building up an expectation of the movie, only to abruptly end the it in the way it did, and it wasn't so random to the point that it would feel confusing and unrelated but it rather fit quite well into the context of the world the movie portrayed.

Other noteworthy flash-movies in this thread are (if there's to be a runner-up category or whatever): Slumberland Sequence; a nice improv-flash, Boing Shoes; a fun commercial spoof, Phil's Toy Hammers; another fun commercial spoof, and Theo; a well drawn animated short with a good voice acting and an ending that seems odd at first.