00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sereneFalconer just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

[shump] Post Apocalyptic Level

8,086 Views | 108 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-15 19:42:33

Here is a rough sketch for a guy.

Kamekaze type, runs forward, chases player. Probably comes in swarms. Baisically a guy who caught fire and just wants to run into shit. more details when i dont have 4 drawings for school due in the next 2 days. But hopefully you get some idea from this. Also Im loving doodoo's backgrounds.

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-15 19:55:06

At 11/15/09 07:42 PM, ornery wrote: Here is a rough sketch for a guy.

Cool

Also Im loving doodoo's backgrounds.

What about the motorcycle though?

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-15 20:58:28

At 11/15/09 07:55 PM, DooDooMeaT wrote:
At 11/15/09 07:42 PM, ornery wrote: Here is a rough sketch for a guy.
Cool

Also Im loving doodoo's backgrounds.
What about the motorcycle though?

If no one else submits anything that can be our character.
Also since you seem to have a knack for textures care to work up something for the farthest background, the one that alternates between two different looks.

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-15 21:50:57

At 11/15/09 08:58 PM, ornery wrote:
If no one else submits anything that can be our character.

Yay! Anybody have any thing else?

Also since you seem to have a knack for textures care to work up something for the farthest :background, the one that alternates between two different looks.

I can do the basis backgrounds but I don't really understand what you mean...If I do a basic background we could have others make object to go with it. Like somebody said something about crows peaking at dead bodies...and things on fire...I will do the ground and we can put those objects on top...

Are you talking about smoke or clouds that will go over the background?

Also...

For the background...

The level starts in suburbia?

Just like a regular neighborhood street only apocalyptic looking...fires, flipped over cars dead bodies and all that fun stuff. I was thinking we could make a couple of different houses with no detail all with the same perspective and everyone could "decorate" a couple of their own...

Also here there will be the low level easy to kill stuff...

Next...

Like a downtown?

Same thing here make a couple of different looking buildings that could be decorated...also have Harder bad guys

Next maybe some sort of industry-ish looking place...warehouses and things of that nature...

Then the end will just be a barren wasteland...

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-15 22:06:05

I'm really digging this. You might want to make a couple of more with this same thing, like when you roll over an upgrade your gun becomes more badass, you know, that kind of thing. Just a thought, but it looks awesome...

At 11/15/09 05:58 PM, DooDooMeaT wrote: I drew up a motorcycle for the main "ship"

I was thinking that when you go left or right it would rock slightly as you move through the level...but we will have to wait to see what bomtoon says.

BBS Signature

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-15 22:11:57

Sorry for invading your topic, but, are we allowed to make suggestions and such if we aren't officially on a team?

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-15 22:23:54

At 11/15/09 10:13 PM, angryglacier wrote:
At 11/15/09 10:11 PM, Herospirit wrote: Sorry for invading your topic, but, are we allowed to make suggestions and such if we aren't officially on a team?
Yep just don't act part of the team, also if you WANT to be part of the team PM BMK he'll tell you what to do.

Okay, I'll work on a drawing and finally use my scanner. I'll use it to see if I'm good enough. I'll try to post it tomorrow. I need to search out my sketch book; I'll work on the design during my free periods during school.

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-15 22:29:03

At 11/15/09 10:06 PM, deadspread83 wrote: I'm really digging this. You might want to make a couple of more with this same thing, like when you roll over an upgrade your gun becomes more badass, you know, that kind of thing. Just a thought, but it looks awesome...

Thanks! We have to see want bomtoons says about upgrades first...I was thinking maybe adding a sidecars as a upgrade...

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-15 22:44:00

At 11/15/09 10:29 PM, DooDooMeaT wrote: Thanks! We have to see want bomtoons says about upgrades first...I was thinking maybe adding a sidecars as a upgrade...

If you want an upgrade, mount a mini-gun on the motorcycle.

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-15 23:27:19

Let's wait to what bomtoon does about weapon upgrades... then we can talk about that I think there are going to be multiple upgrades and add-ons...

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-16 17:11:28

I'm not going to have that pic today. Well, technically, I have 3. But my scanner's not hooked up and I'm waiting for my dad to come home and hook it up. But they're pretty good designs I believe. Sooo... yah. See you tomorrow, hopefully.

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-20 09:51:29

Hey,
sorry I didn't do much till now, I was involved with the Doubles 9.
I made some sketches.

1) the tank:
rough sketch for a barrier or just some background
I drew this to try out the perspective, still I think it's a bit to flat but sketches are not meant to be perfect

2) the bomb:
another sketch for the background
I think this one is okay in perspective

3) the rat:
this is a sketch of a weak enemy
they could come in groups of 5 and run around wildly in a small area so they are still in one group (if possible)

Hope to show some new sketches soon

My Photography

BBS Signature

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-22 11:42:51

More delays on my pics. The scanner's USB cord is missing. :/

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-26 21:18:08

I've been thinking it might be good to have some buildings as obstacles, like in the denser urban areas... thoughts?

BBS Signature

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-27 23:24:45

At 11/26/09 09:18 PM, deadspread83 wrote: I've been thinking it might be good to have some buildings as obstacles, like in the denser urban areas... thoughts?

i like that idea.
maybe even something that gets shot enough it blows up/crumbles and gives points or power ups.

Drawing without thinking is just doodling, the brain and pen is connected.

PSN: SeoulSnake

BBS Signature

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-28 00:10:35

i read through this thread quickly and made some sketch of something. put this guy in a tank or somethin and you got "War".

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-11-28 00:25:41

I also noticed that the idea of giant cockroach's with guns was tossed around.

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-12-02 23:03:12

The scanner is kaput. I'll take the designs to school and use the scanner there.

Response to [shump] Post Apocalyptic Level 2009-12-02 23:43:50

Sorry I havent been too active in this recently, finals and what not plus was away for thanksgiving break, im assuming most of you are in the same boat. Get what you can done. I'll probably work more on background elements and eye candy stuff since I cant seem to really get anywhere with enemy designs at the moment. Liking what I see so far, keep up the good work guys.