00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Allthingz2020 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Spinning wheels?

1,366 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Spinning wheels? 2009-11-02 11:41:57

How do u draw wheels that spin really fast? I drew this car and most people (only 2 out of 3) were complaining about the wheels. Any suggestions?

Spinning wheels?

Vexagon is dead. This is VanVeenGames!

BBS Signature

Response to Spinning wheels? 2009-11-02 12:42:58

At 11/2/09 11:41 AM, Vexagon wrote: How do u draw wheels that spin really fast? I drew this car and most people (only 2 out of 3) were complaining about the wheels. Any suggestions?

Draw them regularly than blur them in the direction they should be spinning

Response to Spinning wheels? 2009-11-02 12:46:12

At 11/2/09 12:42 PM, M-Vero wrote:
At 11/2/09 11:41 AM, Vexagon wrote: How do u draw wheels that spin really fast? I drew this car and most people (only 2 out of 3) were complaining about the wheels. Any suggestions?
Draw them regularly than blur them in the direction they should be spinning

That would be a lot of work, but thanks for the tip.

BBS Signature

Response to Spinning wheels? 2009-11-02 14:24:05

I dont think it's the radial blur which is important, it's the fact that they are flat pizza width with no depth. Your car is at 3/4 but the wheels arent. You need to show the tyre at that angle.

Get some depth and perspective on them. The fact you never noticed this makes me think you have probably traced this car.

BBS Signature

Response to Spinning wheels? 2009-11-02 14:26:45

At 11/2/09 02:24 PM, PeterSatera wrote: I dont think it's the radial blur which is important, it's the fact that they are flat pizza width with no depth. Your car is at 3/4 but the wheels arent. You need to show the tyre at that angle.

Get some depth and perspective on them. The fact you never noticed this makes me think you have probably traced this car.

the fact that he is saying that the wheel would be too much work after comming this far makes me think it is traced too, or worse, not his at all

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Spinning wheels? 2009-11-02 14:47:35

At 11/2/09 02:26 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 11/2/09 02:24 PM, PeterSatera wrote: I dont think it's the radial blur which is important, it's the fact that they are flat pizza width with no depth. Your car is at 3/4 but the wheels arent. You need to show the tyre at that angle.

the fact that he is saying that the wheel would be too much work after comming this far makes me think it is traced too, or worse, not his at all

Wat can I say, I traced it but..... I've done the lighting/color effects myself. I did drew the tires, and the front wheels are turning, but I forgot the tires were black just like the background D=
I traced it to practice perspective painting, and of course to draw the lighting effects and stuff. I'll teach myself a 3D drawing program later, or maybe never. I guess fake 3D engines are my talent =D
http://fjodorvanveen.nl/3Dball.swf

BBS Signature

Response to Spinning wheels? 2009-11-02 14:59:15

Wat can I say, I traced it but..... I've done the lighting/color effects myself. I did drew the tires, ................

Then it shouldnt be on here

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to Spinning wheels? 2009-11-02 15:11:03

At 11/2/09 02:59 PM, Snowman wrote:
Wat can I say, I traced it but..... I've done the lighting/color effects myself. I did drew the tires, ................
Then it shouldnt be on here

Good to know that we all agree.
I removed all my submitted art.

BBS Signature

Response to Spinning wheels? 2009-11-03 16:34:11

I didnt pose the idea to get rid of your art, alot of people in the art section have traced their work. I dont see why you should be the only one to suffer and have to take your art down.

I like your interactive 3D ball. It's something I couldnt ever do. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Spinning wheels? 2009-11-03 17:18:40

At 11/3/09 04:34 PM, PeterSatera wrote: ... alot of people in the art section have traced their work ...

WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH
Where's this traced art? The art portal's meant for original art only. This should be reported, so the mods can shift it to their user pages (where traced art's fine to reside)

To OP: use reference pics, brummmmmm. Your hub caps look more like bottle caps, they need to be defined a bit more. I would recommend radial blurring them, so the amount of detail on the hub caps needn't be too much, since it will be lost in the blur.

For fake dynamicism, you may want to add a few low contrast, fat straight lines in the direction the car is heading, as though the background is blurring past.

There's half a million speeding car PS tutorials, check them out.

There's also a tracing thread about, too. Post traces in there, plez.

BBS Signature

Response to Spinning wheels? 2009-11-03 17:45:45

At 11/3/09 05:18 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 11/3/09 04:34 PM, PeterSatera wrote: ... alot of people in the art section have traced their work ...
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH
Where's this traced art? The art portal's meant for original art only. This should be reported, so the mods can shift it to their user pages (where traced art's fine to reside)

Well...any time someone creates something like a gun, car, plane whatever in Adobe Illustrator and the perspective is perfect is most likely to have traced it. In some cases it's blatent. I dont want to point out people who have done it. Especially since they try really hard in trying to get the perfect trace. To them, it's a development in skill.

BBS Signature