00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Photoshop Work

914 Views | 14 Replies

My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 18:00:32

Well I haven't posted anything on these forums for a while *mainly due to being banned a long time ago* but that is another story.

I figured I would post some of my work that I have recently done in photoshop since I've been away for awhile. Tell me if you like it or not.

I apologize in advance if some of them are a bit to big. Oh my alias has changed since I made this account so most of my work will have "Deadman22" on it.

Edit: Well I thought I was going to be able to upload all of my work in this post, but I can only load one thing at a time. Instead im going to give you all a link to my photobucket account which has a lot of my recent work on it.

Hope to post up more work on here in the future http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/post/topic /14#
Photobucket account

My Photoshop Work

BLARG JELLY!

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 18:04:07

Looks ok, But the way you make it transition into each object makess it look alittle wierd to me, especially with the placement of the shadow on the dudes face, It goes from really bright from to really dark, which makes me think how could he be outside or in a battlezone if the lighting is like that?

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 18:23:06

At 11/1/09 06:04 PM, Snowman wrote: Looks ok, But the way you make it transition into each object makess it look alittle wierd to me, especially with the placement of the shadow on the dudes face, It goes from really bright from to really dark, which makes me think how could he be outside or in a battlezone if the lighting is like that?

Well this is probably a different forum of art work then what you are use to making. The main purpose for stuff like this is that you have an object or a person as the main focus point. Usually these kinda things are used for customization sites like (im not trying to advertise just giving an example) www.fpsbanana.com. People have their own accounts much like New Grounds and upon purchase of something called ripe they are able to customize their page. Which means they can add stuff, like with what I have made, onto their profile. Were they create their own identity which includes a title bar, the huge thing that you see, an avatar, a signature, etc. so this form of photoshop work does not need a background or a purpose besides taking an object, making it the focus point, and making everything around it look awesome. Which actually takes a lot of time to do.

make sense?

BLARG JELLY!

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 18:28:15

At 11/1/09 06:23 PM, devan32 wrote: make sense?

So you didn't draw any of that then?

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 18:38:05

At 11/1/09 06:28 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 11/1/09 06:23 PM, devan32 wrote: make sense?
So you didn't draw any of that then?

no. I never learned how to animate in Flash so I never felt the need to learned how to draw in photoshop. I do make stuff from scratch in photoshop though like this icon (see attachment). I also have a bunch of wallpapers on my deviantart account.

My Photoshop Work

BLARG JELLY!

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 18:49:46

yes, it makes sense (thanks for clearing it up)
but... on the other hand... The art forum is really for original stuff, so you really should submitt your own made stuff like that icon

This text is in bold, which makes me aweso and your statement irrelevant.

ArtThread. Deviant. NGcar. SnowmansLand

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 18:52:02

Well I think it's about time to barge in here

At 11/1/09 06:38 PM, devan32 wrote: no. I never learned how to animate in Flash so I never felt the need to learned how to draw in photoshop.

I can understand not learning to animate in flash, but not learning to draw in photoshop because of that, confuses me.

I do make stuff from scratch in photoshop though like this icon (see attachment).

I'm pretty sure I know exactly how you made that, and if I'm right, its not from scratch

I also have a bunch of wallpapers on my deviantart account.

Cool

I'd really like to see some stuff YOU made, with pencil preferably, without all the glits and glammer that digital media provides.

Also, I looked in your photobucket, and the majority of you stuff is photo's and stuff, but a decent portion of your stuff is ripped from some pretty famous artists, unless you got their permission, I don't think they'd appreciate you using their art as you please. I wouldn't.

this is why I don't like photobucket

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 19:20:20

At 11/1/09 06:52 PM, M-Vero wrote: Well I think it's about time to barge in here
At 11/1/09 06:38 PM, devan32 wrote: no. I never learned how to animate in Flash so I never felt the need to learned how to draw in photoshop.
I can understand not learning to animate in flash, but not learning to draw in photoshop because of that, confuses me.
I do make stuff from scratch in photoshop though like this icon (see attachment).
I'm pretty sure I know exactly how you made that, and if I'm right, its not from scratch
I also have a bunch of wallpapers on my deviantart account.
Cool

I'd really like to see some stuff YOU made, with pencil preferably, without all the glits and glammer that digital media provides.

Also, I looked in your photobucket, and the majority of you stuff is photo's and stuff, but a decent portion of your stuff is ripped from some pretty famous artists, unless you got their permission, I don't think they'd appreciate you using their art as you please. I wouldn't.
this is why I don't like photobucket

I have to list this.

1. I am not exactly skilled with the pencil, but I am decent in photoshop. I am not in school yet for graphic design and I was never excepted into any art classes at my school so I don't have the artist touch in real life. So without the ambition to animate I had no purpose to draw.

2. Yes it is from scratch I did it all in photoshop. no ripping off of anyone just using the colors and shapes that the program provides me.

3. If you want to see hand drawings I am sorry I do not have any. I still make stuff from scratch using photoshop, but if you still want to see it here is my latest submission to deviant art. to see my latest work you will have to click on my profile.

http://applesmcgee.deviantart.com/art/Ra in-Rain-Go-Away-142086269

4. I either make my stuff from scratch or go to planetrenders.net then create signatures. if your talking about the stuff past page one then yes it is someone else's work, but I,m not claiming it as my own they are just wallpapers that I liked. Due to the website's limits I can't post all the stuff I want to so I had to link to photobucket which hold basically everything I have uploaded in the past. And with all the rules I have read im not to sure on posting all of my work in different posts. Hell there is even a rule that says I can't introduce my self unless I want to be banned.

hoped this cleared things up.

BLARG JELLY!

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 19:48:05

At 11/1/09 07:20 PM, devan32 wrote:

a lot of stuff

I think your overreacting just a tad here bud.
See the point is, normally we don't take too kindly to photoshop work around here. Mostly since most Photoshopers take random images and credit the original owner. I mean sure, I have seen some good shops before, and yours are alright, but we just don't don't normally accept this stuff easily around here.

And about a lack of art classes or a desire to animate, that is no excuse to not know the basics and the rules of design and art.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 20:06:28

At 11/1/09 07:48 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 11/1/09 07:20 PM, devan32 wrote:
a lot of stuff

I think your overreacting just a tad here bud.
See the point is, normally we don't take too kindly to photoshop work around here. Mostly since most Photoshopers take random images and credit the original owner. I mean sure, I have seen some good shops before, and yours are alright, but we just don't don't normally accept this stuff easily around here.

And about a lack of art classes or a desire to animate, that is no excuse to not know the basics and the rules of design and art.

Oh I don't mean to come off mean/rude that's the last thing I want to do, and I understand that everyone here likes hand drawn original art. I do to its just that I do it a different way then working with a pencil and a piece of paper. my art is still art even though it is done on a computer. And the people who do take art from others and credit the original author do nothing wrong unless they steal it and credit them self and only them self. That's why a copy right law was made to keep peoples stuff safe. I do work with others photos some times, but I never take full credit or try to resell it. I just modify it in photoshop to build up my skills with the program. If I like my work then I post it to forums like this just to show it off.

The reason I brought up the lack of art classes was mainly because I tried to get into art class one year only to get rejected and then the spot filled. So I have no basic skill or knowledge of hand drawn art. And Animating for New Grounds was the only thing that I could think of that would be worth wild to draw for, but due to lack of art skills or even knowledge of how to make a flash video or game deterred me away from art for a few years. During the years I completely got away from art and more involved in other things. It wasn't till last year when I finally got a new computer and internet connection did I start getting interested in art again.

The way I see I am still making art by hand just like the rest of you. The only difference is that mine is on a computer while yours is on a piece of paper.

BLARG JELLY!

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 20:54:35

At 11/1/09 08:06 PM, devan32 wrote: The way I see I am still making art by hand just like the rest of you. The only difference is that mine is on a computer while yours is on a piece of paper.

Obviously you haven't looked much at my art.
80% of my pieces are 3D. so were not saying you can't do art on a computer.
I guess what I said earlier wasn't a best choice of words.
and I don't think I could think of the correct words to use right now.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 21:12:04

Alright, I think theres a huge misuderstanding going on here, and I'll try my best to attempt to clear it up

1. We're not trying to tell you what you do is any less art because it's digital, we just want to see what you can draw. Cropping is fine, we can see that you can crop, but pasting a few images together is for the most part frowned on here, it's mostly for original art, as in something you made with your own 2 hands. We want to see you draw, we want to see if you can draw something.

2. Whether you claim something is yours or not, if the original artist does not know about, it's still technically theft, because it's their work being used without permission. It's like borrowing something without telling the person. This is my opinion, it may be different than yours.

3. You don't need to take classes to be interested in art, if you want to draw, draw, you don't need any kind of formal training, most artists on here are self taught seeing as they're mostly teenagers/people not in college yet. Going to an art class at my high school myself, I can tell you, and anyone else can tell you the same thing a teacher would tell you. Practice, if you really want to draw, really want to improve, practice. Study life, draw life, etc etc.

4. This is probably my longest post to date, congratulations, a winner is you.

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 21:28:33

At 11/1/09 09:12 PM, M-Vero wrote: Alright, I think theres a huge misuderstanding going on here, and I'll try my best to attempt to clear it up

1. We're not trying to tell you what you do is any less art because it's digital, we just want to see what you can draw. Cropping is fine, we can see that you can crop, but pasting a few images together is for the most part frowned on here, it's mostly for original art, as in something you made with your own 2 hands. We want to see you draw, we want to see if you can draw something.

2. Whether you claim something is yours or not, if the original artist does not know about, it's still technically theft, because it's their work being used without permission. It's like borrowing something without telling the person. This is my opinion, it may be different than yours.

3. You don't need to take classes to be interested in art, if you want to draw, draw, you don't need any kind of formal training, most artists on here are self taught seeing as they're mostly teenagers/people not in college yet. Going to an art class at my high school myself, I can tell you, and anyone else can tell you the same thing a teacher would tell you. Practice, if you really want to draw, really want to improve, practice. Study life, draw life, etc etc.

4. This is probably my longest post to date, congratulations, a winner is you.

Always happy to be a winner.

still you underestimate the complexity of what I do http://vimeo.com/7278699 in case you wondering its a video on how I take something simple and make it into the complex image you see in the original thread post.

and just to be sure I don't post anything stupid I won't post anything that I haven't made from scratch on here again.

BLARG JELLY!

BBS Signature

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 21:48:52

sigh

It's not that I'm underestimating you, I think you are giving yourself to much credit. This is something people do, a lot of people do. Millions of people do this, and a lot of people start out using Photoshop, doing this. It isn't complex, it's cropping an image and messing with colors/filters/blur/dark/what have you, until you end up with something that looks pretty. It's more trial and error than anything.
I know you can't argue with an opinion, and I find myself doing it way too often.

Response to My Photoshop Work 2009-11-01 21:50:33

I don't really accept taking stock photographs and merging them together as a legitimate, ORIGINAL form of art. As the art forum rules specify: "If you are starting a new topic you MUST start with a piece of your own original art."

Now, if you have Photoshop, I suggest practicing making more original art from the ground up or keeping it all on dA.

This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.

BBS Signature