New Topic Respond to this Topic
OnionsXD
OnionsXD
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Apr. 24th, 2011 @ 02:12 AM Reply

Gawshhhh, dude your art is so amazing. You inspire me to try harder and be even better. I"m going to draw RIGHT now instead of watching anime. Thank you. (:

Come check me out!

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Apr. 26th, 2011 @ 07:03 AM Reply

At 4/21/11 11:54 PM, hochpoch wrote: Fifty. I have been following this thread. And i just am really impressed with your progression. You are on your way to becoming a fantastic artist(even though you practicly are now)

Thanks man. Everything would not have been possible if you guys hadn't helped me in my artistic career.

At 4/22/11 12:00 AM, Vonschlippe wrote: I agree. Looking back at the first page makes it immediately obvious that you've made some colossal improvements.

Way to go brahh

Wow! Thank you! It's great coming from an artist as skilled as yourself. I'm one of your fans lol.

At 4/23/11 02:10 AM, SketchyComics wrote: Haha, if it is your work it wouldn't take you much.

Lol not really.

At 4/23/11 02:23 AM, Kumakun4 wrote: I don't think I've ever actually posted on your thread, now that I think on it...!
I really really like the way you shade though, I love the little bristly look, has a very clean, pro feel to it, it's kind of hard to describe.
You're even good at manga!
That panel totally looked convincing, I'd swear it was your main style.
You draw it a lot better than most people my age do, and that's saying something.
I'd just really like to see something original, like some big comic project you're working on or something o.o
Just seems like you're... drawing without any personal goals in mind most of the time.
As in, drawing for others.
You should draw for yourself more often :3
It's those pictures I like the best.

Yeah. I admit when I come up with ideas they are usually generic and uninteresting. Those are one of my many weaknesses when it comes to art. My art has no direction. It has no goal to reach. That's why I'm striving to find that path. And this is your 3rd time posting on my thread Kuma. Thank you.

At 4/23/11 11:04 AM, OstrichMaster wrote: Wow, that looks AMAZING, I can't believe you're already working on a magazine.

Can I ask what's the name of the magazine?

Both Philippine Free Press and Philippine Graphic.

At 4/24/11 02:12 AM, OnionsXD wrote: Gawshhhh, dude your art is so amazing. You inspire me to try harder and be even better. I"m going to draw RIGHT now instead of watching anime. Thank you. (:

You go man! I'd like to see you become the best you can possibly be, GO GO GO GO.

Anyway this is a drawing of guys in prison for the magazine again. :)

Fifty-50's improved art.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Apr. 26th, 2011 @ 11:40 AM Reply

At 4/26/11 07:03 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Yeah. I admit when I come up with ideas they are usually generic and uninteresting. Those are one of my many weaknesses when it comes to art. My art has no direction. It has no goal to reach. That's why I'm striving to find that path.

I dunno, your dark knight was not only badass but that was pretty original and was just drawn because you wanted to ;P

Pedersen
Pedersen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Apr. 26th, 2011 @ 12:45 PM Reply

At 4/26/11 11:40 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 4/26/11 07:03 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Yeah. I admit when I come up with ideas they are usually generic and uninteresting. Those are one of my many weaknesses when it comes to art. My art has no direction. It has no goal to reach. That's why I'm striving to find that path.
I dunno, your dark knight was not only badass but that was pretty original and was just drawn because you wanted to ;P

I'd have to say I definetly prefer the stuff you have made for that magazine over the knight and other similar drawings of yours. It's much more interesting.
But I have to say I think you got nothing to worry about. Partly because of you are able to clearly communicate complex stories, but mostly because of the aesthetic qualities in your work. And aesthetics is a goal in it's own right in my opinion. It's very clear to me that you do have a path in that sense. It may not be a conscious process, but it is obviously happeing nonetheless.

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Apr. 29th, 2011 @ 12:37 AM Reply

At 4/26/11 11:40 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I dunno, your dark knight was not only badass but that was pretty original and was just drawn because you wanted to ;P

Well it was quite generic if you ask me. Helmets with horns and other things like that. Well I guess I just can't be proud of myself.

At 4/26/11 12:45 PM, Pedersen wrote: I'd have to say I definetly prefer the stuff you have made for that magazine over the knight and other similar drawings of yours. It's much more interesting.
But I have to say I think you got nothing to worry about. Partly because of you are able to clearly communicate complex stories, but mostly because of the aesthetic qualities in your work. And aesthetics is a goal in it's own right in my opinion. It's very clear to me that you do have a path in that sense. It may not be a conscious process, but it is obviously happeing nonetheless.

The magazine illustrations do have more meaning than my works I did out of pure boredom. Lol. I never thought my art had aesthetic qualities to begin with. Thank you. But still, I still feel there's something horribly lacking in my arts. Something I can't know for sure. But I'll be searching for it.

Anyway, I'm here again to dump the sketches I've done for the past few days. I'm taking a break from the manga. Here's gundam sketches.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Apr. 29th, 2011 @ 12:40 AM Reply

A sketch I did a long time ago. Didn't finish it. And never posted it. Oh well.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Apr. 29th, 2011 @ 12:43 AM Reply

Some guy with a scythe. (what else is new right?)

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature
SteakandKidneyPie
SteakandKidneyPie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Apr. 29th, 2011 @ 04:45 AM Reply

At 4/29/11 12:43 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Some guy with a scythe. (what else is new right?)

Ha, that is a really good piece. The detail and the....look, screw this, all your art is very detailed and I love them. You already know I do, haha. $15 an hour is really good especially for your age.

Do you need $10 000 in cash for a 30 second animation? Click here

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Apr. 29th, 2011 @ 09:26 AM Reply

At 4/29/11 12:37 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Anyway, I'm here again to dump the sketches I've done for the past few days. I'm taking a break from the manga. Here's gundam sketches.

Every time you post a Gundam, I have to leave a comment...... GUNDAAAAAMMMMM!!!!!!

Sacros
Sacros
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Animator
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Apr. 29th, 2011 @ 10:57 PM Reply

what the fuck? i never get into the art forum but i was lurking around here lately and...

fuck, while watching at your first drawings i was thinking "ha, this guy cant draw for crap" then i kept looking at your progress and seriously cant freaking belive it. you have been drawing periodically and improving in photoshop during two years non stop and became a mother effing expert, im shocked, ill try one of these art threads myself to see if i can get there too

now ill have to gather the pieces of my blown out mind from the floor, thanks

ama gon chill

silversunned
silversunned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Apr. 30th, 2011 @ 04:19 AM Reply

Buahahaha the scythe guy is pretty awesome I must admit! :D :D

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 1st, 2011 @ 08:57 AM Reply

At 4/29/11 04:45 AM, SteakandKidneyPie wrote: Ha, that is a really good piece. The detail and the....look, screw this, all your art is very detailed and I love them. You already know I do, haha. $15 an hour is really good especially for your age.

Thanks man. It's always appreciated that you stop by.

At 4/29/11 09:26 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Every time you post a Gundam, I have to leave a comment...... GUNDAAAAAMMMMM!!!!!!

Yeah lol. It's awesome. Thanks Jonny! I really have this urge to draw you for some reason.

At 4/29/11 10:57 PM, Sacros wrote: what the fuck? i never get into the art forum but i was lurking around here lately and...

fuck, while watching at your first drawings i was thinking "ha, this guy cant draw for crap" then i kept looking at your progress and seriously cant freaking belive it. you have been drawing periodically and improving in photoshop during two years non stop and became a mother effing expert, im shocked, ill try one of these art threads myself to see if i can get there too

now ill have to gather the pieces of my blown out mind from the floor, thanks

Thanks man. I really sucked when I first started, and I still don't think that I'm anywhere near being an awesome artist. Now that I look back the 23 pages I still feel quite unsatisfied with myself. Since I've seen amazing works that really make my stuff look like doodles. Artists like Vonschlippe and Nekow, I want to be like them. But sadly it seems to be too far up for the likes of me at the moment. I'd like to learn new realistic painting styles. It'll just be lovely of I'll be able to do so. Someday I can do it. I don't think I'm worth getting your mind blown on.

But I think the real super duper kawaii desu awesome people here are you guys. Thank you for caring enough to point out my mistakes and helping me to get better. And I hope you keep doing so.

At 4/30/11 04:19 AM, silversunned wrote: Buahahaha the scythe guy is pretty awesome I must admit! :D :D

It's nice hearing that from you. :)

Anyway this was suppose to be for Pico Day. But I didn't make the cut.

Gonna color it later.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature
Breaktroll
Breaktroll
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 1st, 2011 @ 09:33 AM Reply

At 5/1/11 08:57 AM, Fifty-50 wrote:
Anyway this was suppose to be for Pico Day. But I didn't make the cut.
Gonna color it later.

I really like the shading and design of this one, but it kinda looks like P-bot is gonna fall over.

Try not being a bitch for once, huh?

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 2nd, 2011 @ 12:57 AM Reply

At 5/1/11 09:33 AM, Breaktroll wrote: I really like the shading and design of this one, but it kinda looks like P-bot is gonna fall over.

Yeah, I really feel his right foot looks awkward. Any insights on how to fix it?

Anyway, sketches of absolutely terrible things.

lol I just can't stop making fun of that hair.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature
silversunned
silversunned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 2nd, 2011 @ 01:07 AM Reply

that hair makes me giggle..... BUAHAHAHAHA I love your troll art! :D it always does manage to put a smile on my face! :D :D

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 2nd, 2011 @ 02:14 AM Reply

At 5/2/11 01:07 AM, silversunned wrote: that hair makes me giggle..... BUAHAHAHAHA I love your troll art! :D it always does manage to put a smile on my face! :D :D

I'm glad to have made you smile. :)

Remember when vampires used to be cool?

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature
silversunned
silversunned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 2nd, 2011 @ 06:11 AM Reply

I do actually..... Saddly enough Twilight came out and ruined it ALLLL!!!!! *sigh* well at least the bitch was original enough to make vamps sparkle i guess....

MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 2nd, 2011 @ 03:51 PM Reply

Woah, haven't posted in your thread for a while Fifty.
Pretty nice new stuff, I like how the vampires look, though the last one still looks a little metro :/ probably because of the anime style.

About your P-bot drawing, looks great! but i think it would be better if he was resting on his knee, something like in the picture below (but better :C).

I like the guy with the scythe, reminds me of The Muscle from the Dangerous lives of altar boys, who takes off his flesh because it annoyed him (or something like that), and becomes Skeleton Boy!!! Yours could be a pissed off office man who becomes crazy, then he rips off his skin and kills everyone! Or you could be more original and get him killed after he becomes crazy, then he comes back from the death and kills everyone! Or you could do nothing of the above because it's your character, not mine.

Great stuff!

who is the guy with the funny hair?

Fifty-50's improved art.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?
A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 3rd, 2011 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 5/2/11 06:11 AM, silversunned wrote: I do actually..... Saddly enough Twilight came out and ruined it ALLLL!!!!! *sigh* well at least the bitch was original enough to make vamps sparkle i guess....

Lol. Mainstream ruins everything.

At 5/2/11 03:51 PM, MasterMerol wrote: Woah, haven't posted in your thread for a while Fifty.
Pretty nice new stuff, I like how the vampires look, though the last one still looks a little metro :/ probably because of the anime style.

Lol yeah. He spends a lot on his looks. I haven't posted in your thread for a while too! But I always keep an eye on it. Will post something on your thread.

About your P-bot drawing, looks great! but i think it would be better if he was resting on his knee, something like in the picture below (but better :C).

Whoa! Thank you man! This is just what I needed. I have to repay you someday. You're a lifesaver! Thanks man.

I like the guy with the scythe, reminds me of The Muscle from the Dangerous lives of altar boys, who takes off his flesh because it annoyed him (or something like that), and becomes Skeleton Boy!!! Yours could be a pissed off office man who becomes crazy, then he rips off his skin and kills everyone! Or you could be more original and get him killed after he becomes crazy, then he comes back from the death and kills everyone! Or you could do nothing of the above because it's your character, not mine.

Those are some great ideas! I don't usually put back stories in my characters. But this is just too awesome to pass up. If you don't mind I'd like to use them.

Great stuff!
who is the guy with the funny hair?

Thank you! And we all know who that guy is.

Fixed?

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature
MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 3rd, 2011 @ 01:18 PM Reply

At 5/3/11 12:35 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Lol yeah. He spends a lot on his looks. I haven't posted in your thread for a while too! But I always keep an eye on it. Will post something on your thread.

Thank you! I will respond when I have something to bump with.

Those are some great ideas! I don't usually put back stories in my characters. But this is just too awesome to pass up. If you don't mind I'd like to use them.

:D if so, you should use the second one or you may be sued for plagiarism when you're famous and stuff.

Thank you! And we all know who that guy is.

:O the guy with the art thread?

Fixed?

looks better! but the foot still looks a little twisted. It's not an impossible position, it just looks a bit unnatural, but he's a robot, so I guess it's not the big deal.

Here's how i think it would look better (the one at the right). I know it's hard drawing the leg like that with all the stuff he has on it. I had a hard time trying to make it look fairly right in the picture I posted before, so it's cool if you leave it like that.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 4th, 2011 @ 04:41 AM Reply

At 5/3/11 01:18 PM, MasterMerol wrote: looks better! but the foot still looks a little twisted. It's not an impossible position, it just looks a bit unnatural, but he's a robot, so I guess it's not the big deal.

Here's how i think it would look better (the one at the right). I know it's hard drawing the leg like that with all the stuff he has on it. I had a hard time trying to make it look fairly right in the picture I posted before, so it's cool if you leave it like that.

I'll fix it again later if I can. I really want to make it look awesome. Thanks for helping me! I was browsing your thread and I say Ben. So I wanted to draw him. Make sure to listen to this when you look at it.

I shouldn't have done that.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature
MasterMerol
MasterMerol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 4th, 2011 @ 12:47 PM Reply

At 5/4/11 04:41 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: I was browsing your thread and I say Ben. So I wanted to draw him. Make sure to listen to this when you look at it.
I shouldn't have done that.

What a way to bash the crap out of my Ben :(

looks sick!

BBS Signature
CrazyRock
CrazyRock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Movie Buff
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 4th, 2011 @ 01:48 PM Reply

This is the most awesome piece on this page,good job as always fifty :)

Thanks Chdonga for the signature. <3

BBS Signature
Spac3case916
Spac3case916
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 4th, 2011 @ 02:19 PM Reply

awesome work as usual!

[-----free like clouds-----]
Artzzzzz

BBS Signature
silversunned
silversunned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 4th, 2011 @ 05:45 PM Reply

He.... He's.... Rather creepy.... I think link just lost some charm there

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 5th, 2011 @ 10:54 PM Reply

At 5/4/11 12:47 PM, MasterMerol wrote: What a way to bash the crap out of my Ben :(
looks sick!

I think your Ben is more awesome. Since it has more personality and a more unique style instead of my generic strokes.

At 5/4/11 01:48 PM, RockOn12 wrote: This is the most awesome piece on this page,good job as always fifty :)

Thank you Rockon. But I think I'm not that awesome.

At 5/4/11 02:19 PM, Spac3case916 wrote: awesome work as usual!

Thanks man

At 5/4/11 05:45 PM, silversunned wrote: He.... He's.... Rather creepy.... I think link just lost some charm there

Link is a lot different from BEN. He's a ghost haunting the Majora's Mask cartridge of a guy called Jadusable. Read this for more about BEN

At 5/4/11 10:01 PM, threadwood wrote: hey, these are all pretty awesome. i love your cross-hatching, it's kind've a forgotten tool for shading these days! now i'll go back and browse the rest of your thread.

Awesome man! I looked at your works and I'm very impressed too. :)

Just a sketch. I made the clothing pure black to mimic the feel of manga.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature
silversunned
silversunned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 5th, 2011 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 5/4/11 05:45 PM, silversunned wrote: He.... He's.... Rather creepy.... I think link just lost some charm there
Link is a lot different from BEN. He's a ghost haunting the Majora's Mask cartridge of a guy called Jadusable. Read this for more about BEN

yea after I posted that random videos about him showed up on my youtube and I was like..... ummm....... WELLLLL that would explain the creepy link that's for sure...
LOLOL

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 6th, 2011 @ 01:08 AM Reply

At 5/5/11 11:01 PM, silversunned wrote: yea after I posted that random videos about him showed up on my youtube and I was like..... ummm....... WELLLLL that would explain the creepy link that's for sure...
LOLOL

Lol. Yeah.

Pic.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature
silversunned
silversunned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 6th, 2011 @ 01:56 AM Reply

I think the colors should be more saturated, it would add more depth I think :D :D

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. May. 6th, 2011 @ 01:57 AM Reply

WIP. :3

I need to learn better coloring.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature