00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fifty-50's improved art.

149,191 Views | 1,072 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-02-26 00:04:48

At 2/25/11 11:36 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
Another one of my flaws. I always like to draw. Problem is I get bored quickly, which is quite a problem if I want to get a piece finished. As for detailed backgrounds, I tried quite a few times but it seems I still lack in that department. Perhaps I should start now.

I find this to be a problem my self. I think this is one of the reasons I haven't done a full animation for flash or done one in 3D in a while is because I just lose interest.
When attending school, doing such things were my assignments and motivation and interest was instilled in me by my teachers and deadlines.
I like to think that over time I have gotten better at not only taking my time with a piece, but also extending my desire to push farther and finish many pieces.
It has been a slow process, but I cannot think of anything that has affected me to get better about this problem other than just practicing, and slowly taking on bigger and better projects. In my sketch book I have a goal of no unfinished sketches. Even if it fails, I try to push through to have a sense of completion, and help myself at getting better at not getting bored.

The muscular characters you do don't seem to have an ounce of fat on them - as in, they're all variations of Bruce Lee. Try different scales of muscle and fat, buffed muscles, and softer skins. Softer Lines. Your mechanical style is very well, but you could try experimenting more with it.
You mentioned that sometime ago. I agree that it's not realistic to have people with pure 100% muscle. I'll try what you just suggested.

Try Brune Hogarth I am a personal fan of his style (As if I haven't mentioned that before...) so I may a little bias but I think that may present you with the ability to add some "Fat" to your characters but keep the same muscular structure.

Please provide me some awesome tuts. It will help me greatly to improving myself. Don't worry, you'll find something to art with again soon enough.

lol For this one.... I ain't got much... sorry :P
Although if you come across any good tuts, Send them to me, I've been trying to compile as many as I can. Be it for digital work, Hand work, Sculpting, doesn't matter. if its art I want it..... Never know what I might try next :3

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-02-26 13:17:13

At 2/25/11 07:55 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Meh.

Pretty neat!!

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-02-28 22:29:34

At 2/26/11 12:04 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: I find this to be a problem my self. I think this is one of the reasons I haven't done a full animation for flash or done one in 3D in a while is because I just lose interest.
When attending school, doing such things were my assignments and motivation and interest was instilled in me by my teachers and deadlines.
I like to think that over time I have gotten better at not only taking my time with a piece, but also extending my desire to push farther and finish many pieces.
It has been a slow process, but I cannot think of anything that has affected me to get better about this problem other than just practicing, and slowly taking on bigger and better projects. In my sketch book I have a goal of no unfinished sketches. Even if it fails, I try to push through to have a sense of completion, and help myself at getting better at not getting bored.

Yep, the only good way to overcome this is by practice. But my parents tell me it's always good not to rush things. Sometimes I take over 5 hours just to finish a lineart. Considering the sheer amount of lines I have in each piece. I hope you keep improving the better. :D

Try Brune Hogarth I am a personal fan of his style (As if I haven't mentioned that before...) so I may a little bias but I think that may present you with the ability to add some "Fat" to your characters but keep the same muscular structure.

Yeah, I checked him. I belive I consider myself as a fan as well. His' art somehow reminds me of the renaissance . His drawing look like from that timeline. I'll strive to learn from him.

lol For this one.... I ain't got much... sorry :P
Although if you come across any good tuts, Send them to me, I've been trying to compile as many as I can. Be it for digital work, Hand work, Sculpting, doesn't matter. if its art I want it..... Never know what I might try next :3

Sure thing Kinsei.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-02-28 22:42:02

At 2/26/11 01:17 PM, MasterMerol wrote: Pretty neat!!

Thank you man. It's always appreciated for you to stop by here.

A sketch.

I really have to finish a piece.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-02-28 22:49:05

At 2/28/11 10:42 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: A sketch.

The hatching... so good it burnsssss...
His right hand is absolutely gigantic.

I wonder why... O_o

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-02-28 22:55:27

At 2/28/11 10:42 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: A sketch.

Great perspective here man.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-02-28 23:05:04

At 2/28/11 10:49 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: The hatching... so good it burnsssss...
His right hand is absolutely gigantic.
I wonder why... O_o

Now that I look at it, it is too big. Thanks for pointing it out.

Well the reason is pretty obvious.
At 2/28/11 10:55 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Great perspective here man.

Thanks man, been practicing to do that one for a while.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-01 14:59:51

At 2/28/11 10:42 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
A sketch.

W-whuh.. Stop being so damn good already!! D:<

I just know that you can teach my art teachers some stuff about shading. :p I'm serious.
Now, I'm off to wade in self-pity and jellyousny.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-01 15:17:23

I have an obsession with cupcakes. I'm more likely to put it on a shelf as decoration. :D

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-01 16:45:48

At 2/25/11 11:36 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Yes! Please provide me some awesome tuts. It will help me greatly to improving myself. Don't worry, you'll find something to art with again soon enough. Thanks again mate. So how's Deadspace?

My gaming ocmputer crashed and burned, so I can't access that or my actual drawings at the moment. Sadness get.

Anyway, managed to track down a couple of tuts. I'd say that the main issue for you would be both the legs (your character's legs always seem to be overtly rigid) and the simple perspective, but here's a few other things and stuff.

This one is actually for Poser, but thought it relevant. Just ignore the more technical side of it.
Figure drawing in 3D. Standard fair.
Gestural Drawing. The like, lots of scribbles.

That's it, for now. Honestly, I'd say the best exercise would be the 30-second challenge on Posemaniacs, to really get a feel for poses.

Fifty-50's improved art.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-10 02:02:18

At 3/1/11 02:59 PM, Breaktroll wrote: W-whuh.. Stop being so damn good already!! D:<

I just know that you can teach my art teachers some stuff about shading. :p I'm serious.
Now, I'm off to wade in self-pity and jellyousny.

Don't worry. You'll achieve talent when you practice. So don't be too down.

At 3/1/11 03:17 PM, Abbyka wrote: I have an obsession with cupcakes. I'm more likely to put it on a shelf as decoration. :D

Too bad cupcakes are not forever.

At 3/1/11 04:45 PM, Lintire wrote: My gaming ocmputer crashed and burned, so I can't access that or my actual drawings at the moment. Sadness get.

Too bad. I hope it get's fixed soon. I know how awesome Deadspace can be.

Anyway, managed to track down a couple of tuts. I'd say that the main issue for you would be both the legs (your character's legs always seem to be overtly rigid) and the simple perspective, but here's a few other things and stuff.

This one is actually for Poser, but thought it relevant. Just ignore the more technical side of it.
Figure drawing in 3D. Standard fair.
Gestural Drawing. The like, lots of scribbles.

That's it, for now. Honestly, I'd say the best exercise would be the 30-second challenge on Posemaniacs, to really get a feel for poses.

Nice ! Thanks so much Lintire. You're very helpful man. I'll try to do epic poses in the near future.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-10 02:08:33

I finally managed to get into drawing again. A sketch. Inspired from the awesome LaserKarl.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-10 03:54:24

Seriously man your style is awesome, i really wish i could get my lineart like this, the lineart is my biggest downfall in my opinion. sensei. please. teach.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-10 06:16:11

At 3/10/11 03:54 AM, Toast-Tony wrote: Seriously man your style is awesome, i really wish i could get my lineart like this, the lineart is my biggest downfall in my opinion. sensei. please. teach.

Will do sir. I'll teach you to the best of my skill. How can I teach you though?. Now I have two students lol. You and Kashi.

stickam hates me. :C

WIP

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-10 06:39:09

before you start a sketch again fifty, out of interest, think about the steps you take, the settings you have for your lines, unless of course you draw on paper, just think to yourself and follow all the steps you take, techniques you use etc. and let us go deep deep into your moist mind of art, write this into a private message to me and kashi, prepare to have 2 duplicates of fifty-50 :3

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-10 06:51:27

At 3/10/11 06:39 AM, Toast-Tony wrote: before you start a sketch ag[...]

Or you could stream your artings at livestream or ustream

Please do!

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-10 07:02:45

At 3/10/11 06:51 AM, Havegum wrote:
Please do!

Bloody good idea old chap!

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-12 06:21:05

At 3/10/11 06:51 AM, Havegum wrote:
Please do!

I registered. Just need to prepare the things I'll be needing. I'll just put this while I get things going.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-16 06:57:58

Yep, still preparing.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-16 08:50:16

At 3/16/11 06:57 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Yep, still preparing.

Sick man, you just keep making awesome art.

My Deviantart | NG Art | Youtube Channel | Art Portfolio

Shameless self-promotion ftw!

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-16 08:54:44

At 3/16/11 06:57 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Yep, still preparing.

GUNDAM!!!!!!

You know I have to say that every time you post one.

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-16 09:19:57

At 3/16/11 08:50 AM, thies wrote: Sick man, you just keep making awesome art.

I will man. Hope to continue drawing.

At 3/16/11 08:54 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: GUNDAM!!!!!!
You know I have to say that every time you post one.

Oh you. :P

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-16 12:18:56

Dude, digging the gundam you've done. Matter a' fact, I'm digging a lot of the stuff you've done recently. You just won't let up on the improvement, will ya?

:) Keep it up, you're doing great.

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-16 15:13:20

Nice arts!
I really envy the detail and shading in your pictures. That skull character is pretty neat, kinda reminds me the one from your "Give me your Candy or Die" pictures, which is not bad at all. And I think I just remembered something!

Did the giant Gundam die?

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-21 09:08:38

At 3/16/11 12:18 PM, Rhunyc wrote: Dude, digging the gundam you've done. Matter a' fact, I'm digging a lot of the stuff you've done recently. You just won't let up on the improvement, will ya?

) Keep it up, you're doing great.

Thanks Rhunyc! It's really heartwarming coming from someone like you. I'll try to keep my pace. I'll keep drawing. Thanks again.

At 3/16/11 03:13 PM, MasterMerol wrote: Nice arts!
I really envy the detail and shading in your pictures. That skull character is pretty neat, kinda reminds me the one from your "Give me your Candy or Die" pictures, which is not bad at all. And I think I just remembered something!

I also envy you. Because you have such awesome coloring. It seems to be full of personality. (I remember mentioning that in your thread. :D) And your awesome animations also count. I remembered something too. I've forgotten about that art trade. I'll redraw the pic. It seems to be lost in my archives.

Did the giant Gundam die?

It probably did at some point. Nothings forever I always say.

Anyway, a sketch of a Luxembourg inspired character.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-21 23:26:49

At 3/10/11 06:16 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: WIP

oh god, this is amazing xDDDD

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-22 21:42:26

At 3/21/11 11:26 PM, jeeshwa123 wrote: oh god, this is amazing xDDDD

Thanks mate! Nice of you to stop by!

I really have to learn head proportions. This always happens when I try to draw anime for some reason. Oh well, that means I'm not fit for this.
Ae-Tan 3.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-24 00:35:11

A character I'm working on.

Fifty-50's improved art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-27 14:52:35

Is this ballpoint pen? Cuz if it is, I might go jump off a bridge

Response to Fifty-50's improved art. 2011-03-28 03:31:44