Be a Supporter!

Fifty-50's improved art.

  • 81,576 Views
  • 1,100 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 12:21 AM Reply

At 8/16/10 08:52 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Needs more blood on the knife and clothing.

Yeah I think so too, but it looked so messy when I did it so I adjusted the opacity.

At 8/16/10 12:47 PM, Kakashi1930 wrote: he has done it.
saw it on dA this morning, couldnt wait for the Art Portal! :)

I already put this in the Portal the moment I put it on DA. And thanks. Here you go.

At 8/16/10 01:44 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Oh hey... Look what time it is.... Its Rape-o-Clock.... Time to get busy...
Kudos Man.

That scene was my favorite. LOL. James was like, OMG! OMG! WTF!?


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 12:22 AM Reply

Oh yeah, since pyramid head is done. Let's get on Cloudy's pic.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 07:46 AM Reply

At 8/17/10 12:22 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Oh yeah, since pyramid head is done. Let's get on Cloudy's pic.

Looking good, so art trade means I'll have to draw a pic of your character or something right?

Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 08:26 AM Reply

Creepy is the right word for the pic, as compared to the original zany. It gives off an air of maliciousness, of physcoticness, of something that will laugh as it kills you.

I like it.

Benji
Benji
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 10:46 AM Reply

I've been watching this thread for a while, and man... you've gotten a fucketon better. You went from average to great to professional looking art, man!

You can literally see your improvement throughout the thread, and it's pretty damn cool.

tl;dr Great job man, keep it up you're already fucking amazing.


BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Aug. 19th, 2010 @ 12:47 AM Reply

At 8/18/10 07:46 AM, CloudEater wrote: Looking good, so art trade means I'll have to draw a pic of your character or something right?

Yes, yes it does. And I'm glad you liked it.

At 8/18/10 08:26 AM, Lintire wrote: Creepy is the right word for the pic, as compared to the original zany. It gives off an air of maliciousness, of physcoticness, of something that will laugh as it kills you.

I like it.

I make pretty demented things don't I? His smile also creeps me out when I look at it. He looks damn evil lol.

At 8/18/10 10:46 AM, BeefyBoy12 wrote: I've been watching this thread for a while, and man... you've gotten a fucketon better. You went from average to great to professional looking art, man!

You can literally see your improvement throughout the thread, and it's pretty damn cool.

tl;dr Great job man, keep it up you're already fucking amazing.

Thanks a lot. As I always said, practice makes perfect. Thanks again man.

Anyway, more progress on cloudy's pic.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 02:08 AM Reply

Hey guess what? I returned from the land of the dead. Here's a comeback lineart.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 02:10 AM Reply

More Red Baron.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Lintire
Lintire
  • Member since: Aug. 21, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 02:25 AM Reply

Well, I had wondered where you had gone, man, welcome back to the land of the living and I hope you enjoyed your vacation in the hellbound pit of souls. Also, great work on the Red Baron, your style works particularly well with armoured badasses.

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 02:26 AM Reply

A Doctor

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
JackDCurleo
JackDCurleo
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 02:31 AM Reply

it certainly is, nice to see you're back

Whysomangry
Whysomangry
  • Member since: May. 22, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 02:47 AM Reply

dude your fucking awesome, but I see what you d when you draw the lineart than the you do the crosshatching and hatching but your good with those.


BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 03:15 AM Reply

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 05:59 AM Reply

Unfinished cover art for a comic I'm making.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 11:52 AM Reply

Yay you aren't dead!
Cool stuff as always

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Member since: Jul. 7, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 51
Voice Actor
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 12:43 PM Reply

I was wondering where the fuck you went.
Some epic shit posted just now man.

DemocracyFTW
DemocracyFTW
  • Member since: Jun. 15, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 12:43 PM Reply

At 10/3/10 05:59 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Unfinished cover art for a comic I'm making.

w00t! Plague Doctor!


every morn I awake from the cavernous night
look at my pictures
look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature
Peglay
Peglay
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 3rd, 2010 @ 12:45 PM Reply

Nice art dude! I rly like your Red Baron sketches :D


You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 07:24 AM Reply

At 10/3/10 11:52 AM, M-Vero wrote: Yay you aren't dead!
Cool stuff as always

Yeah! I'm glad too! I just hope I wont "die" again.

At 10/3/10 12:43 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: I was wondering where the fuck you went.
Some epic shit posted just now man.

I didn't have a chance to use the internet for about a month and a half. It's because the internet bills were too high to cope with plus other problems. And I've been practicing. :D

At 10/3/10 12:43 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote: w00t! Plague Doctor!

Yeah, this was inspired from you.

At 10/3/10 12:45 PM, Peglay wrote: Nice art dude! I rly like your Red Baron sketches :D

Thanks a lot man!

Anyway, Halloween is coming up. I made something but it's not colored. I guess I'm too lazy to color it. Looks familiar?

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 07:38 AM Reply

The first page of my comic. I just don't know how to put in the words. Help me?
First panel: They say I'm a doctor, but I think I don't look like one. Man, this sickness is driving everyone crazy.
Second panel: I don't remember how I got this job in the first place. I'm not even a qualified practitioner, but heck, they pay me a lot to do this disgusting job. Someone has to do it...
Third panel: Does this job scare me? Of course it does. Who knows? I might end up dead tomorrow. I don't even know if I'm actually curing anybody. Who cares? As long as I get paid. Sigh. This job sucks...

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
noov
noov
  • Member since: Sep. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 07:44 AM Reply

Amazing art, you have unproved a lot


BBS Signature
noov
noov
  • Member since: Sep. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 08:05 AM Reply

At 10/8/10 07:44 AM, noov wrote: Amazing art, you have unproved a lot

Improved a lot sorry.. im noob


BBS Signature
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 08:14 AM Reply

At 10/8/10 07:24 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Anyway, Halloween is coming up. I made something but it's not colored. I guess I'm too lazy to color it. Looks familiar?

You are a legend... shit 50, the amount you have improved in under a year is crazy. The hatching in the first one is pretty much just odd texture stuff that makes the drawing look kind of dirty but in this one the hatching is done extremely well that it doesn't even need colour <3

Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 08:28 AM Reply

At 10/8/10 08:14 AM, CloudEater wrote: You are a legend... shit 50, the amount you have improved in under a year is crazy. The hatching in the first one is pretty much just odd texture stuff that makes the drawing look kind of dirty but in this one the hatching is done extremely well that it doesn't even need colour <3

Cloudy! I'm so glad I read your post again after a month or so. Your criticisms partly helped me to achieve this level. Thanks.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Member since: Mar. 6, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 08:40 AM Reply

At 10/8/10 07:38 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: The first page of my comic. I just don't know how to put in the words. Help me?
First panel: They say I'm a doctor, but I think I don't look like one. Man, this sickness is driving everyone crazy.
Second panel: I don't remember how I got this job in the first place. I'm not even a qualified practitioner, but heck, they pay me a lot to do this disgusting job. Someone has to do it...
Third panel: Does this job scare me? Of course it does. Who knows? I might end up dead tomorrow. I don't even know if I'm actually curing anybody. Who cares? As long as I get paid. Sigh. This job sucks...

Well, planning layout of comics is very important, your little problem shows why. one thing you could do (what I would do) is space the panels a bit so that you can add the text in the gutters below the pictures. This would be especially valid for this page because the text is narrated/thought instead of spoken.
Looks great though, You might want to try and experiment a bit more with layout panels, weird viewpoints, odd perspectives inverting black and white etc.


NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 8th, 2010 @ 09:05 AM Reply

At 10/8/10 08:40 AM, J-qb wrote: Well, planning layout of comics is very important, your little problem shows why. one thing you could do (what I would do) is space the panels a bit so that you can add the text in the gutters below the pictures. This would be especially valid for this page because the text is narrated/thought instead of spoken.
Looks great though, You might want to try and experiment a bit more with layout panels, weird viewpoints, odd perspectives inverting black and white etc.

Thanks a lot J-qb! It's a real help! I'll definitelt try it! Thanks again. It will take some timwe to adjust the panels though.
A pumpkin quickie.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 09:33 AM Reply

Time to get to coloring 3000 pixels of lineart. Too bad I'm slow at it. I will show you the progress in every step of the way.

Fifty-50's improved art.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature
Dexter3000
Dexter3000
  • Member since: Jan. 16, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 10:40 AM Reply

At 10/11/10 09:33 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Time to get to coloring 3000 pixels of lineart. Too bad I'm slow at it. I will show you the progress in every step of the way.

I liked this one particuarlly as a line art, so I'm interested to see what you'll do with it in colour.

Stix
Stix
  • Member since: Feb. 10, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 05:52 PM Reply

I have to say... I love your art style! Plus I have no idea how you're doing to pump stunning drawings so often. I don't know if you're really 14 as stated on your newgrounds profile, but if so... Sheesh, keep drawing!


BBS Signature
Fifty-50
Fifty-50
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to Fifty-50's improved art. Oct. 11th, 2010 @ 10:50 PM Reply

At 10/11/10 05:52 PM, Stix wrote: I have to say... I love your art style! Plus I have no idea how you're doing to pump stunning drawings so often. I don't know if you're really 14 as stated on your newgrounds profile, but if so... Sheesh, keep drawing!

Yes I really am 14. This is the result of hardcore practice lol. I never stopped asking techniques from others back then. And I checked a lot of tutorials.


Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature