00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

1amghost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Box 2d Aser Needed -> Snowboarding

1,153 Views | 10 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Okay, I want to make a Snowboarding game in time for Christmas. This should give us plenty of time to work on it, and everything fully polished. My hopes are for a Newgrounds sponsorship.
Profits will be split 50/50 between the choosen actionscripter and I.
Depending on if I can hook us up with a sweet musician for some custom tunes, that might become 40/40/20 with 20 going to the musician.
Ad revenue will also be split in a similar fashion.

I need an ASer who can make a quality physics engine (safest bet would be with Box 2D) for a snowboarding game. There will be multiple characters and snowboards available, all of which are "bought" at a store using points you've earned.
They will all have their own special advantages and one move unique to them.

During gameplay, you can do flips, grabs, and one special.
Then, collecting objects on each run, and doing tricks will fill up a power meter that resets each level. If you fill it up, you do a mini-game for extra highscore points/spending points.

I have some character art done already. And this won't be like downhill snowboard, where all body movements are controlled by an engine. It doesn't look smooth enough to me, and wouldn't fit the style of the game.
I won't show any art I have, or discuss andy more specific info till I see some people showing some genuine interest. Then I can PM you privately about such things.

If anyone's interested, or has questions. Drop me a PM or post in the thread.
Thanks everyone.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Box 2d Aser Needed -> Snowboarding 2009-10-31 00:41:38

my actionscript aint very good but im down for musician if you want! follow the link in my sig.

Response to Box 2d Aser Needed -> Snowboarding 2009-10-31 14:31:32

At 10/31/09 12:41 AM, JoHobo2 wrote: my actionscript aint very good but im down for musician if you want! follow the link in my sig.

Thanks man, but it all depends. We might just scoop up available music from the audio portal.
I'll get in touch if we decide we want to give you a shot :)

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Box 2d Aser Needed -> Snowboarding 2009-10-31 20:15:51

Yeah. Maybe. I might need some art first. What will the physics be fro? Just want to know?

BBS Signature

Response to Box 2d Aser Needed -> Snowboarding 2009-11-01 18:03:53

At 10/31/09 08:15 PM, Logidude wrote: Yeah. Maybe. I might need some art first. What will the physics be fro? Just want to know?

And, at the same time. I'd have to see some capabilities of working with a physics engine.
The physics would be for gravity to move the snowboard down the hill, and do flips, and then land on the run again. That sort of stuff

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Box 2d Aser Needed -> Snowboarding 2009-11-02 04:22:23

Yeah. I migth do it. Give me some art first and I will see what I can do.

BBS Signature

Response to Box 2d Aser Needed -> Snowboarding 2009-11-02 04:49:59

At 11/2/09 04:22 AM, Logidude wrote: Yeah. I migth do it. Give me some art first and I will see what I can do.

Don't waste his time and do the requested physics engine setup preview. You don't need the art.

BBS Signature

Response to Box 2d Aser Needed -> Snowboarding 2009-11-02 05:52:07

yeah. I know. I have already started. haven't got anyting yet.

BBS Signature

Response to Box 2d Aser Needed -> Snowboarding 2009-11-02 18:09:01

At 11/2/09 05:52 AM, Logidude wrote: yeah. I know. I have already started. haven't got anyting yet.

Just use some circles, squares and stick people. Just the programming is what matters for me.
I can't show you art directly from the game right now. No offense. I just don't want to show it till I see someone commited to working through this.

I can show you this quick demo picture that compiles a few things I've done in the past. I have a very cartoony style. If you watch some of my more recent movies, that might help you see as well.

Box 2d Aser Needed -> Snowboarding

GAH!

BBS Signature

Response to Box 2d Aser Needed -> Snowboarding 2009-11-04 19:48:11

At 11/2/09 06:09 PM, Goat-Man wrote:
At 11/2/09 05:52 AM, Logidude wrote: yeah. I know. I have already started. haven't got anyting yet.
Just use some circles, squares and stick people. Just the programming is what matters for me.
I can't show you art directly from the game right now. No offense. I just don't want to show it till I see someone commited to working through this.

I can show you this quick demo picture that compiles a few things I've done in the past. I have a very cartoony style. If you watch some of my more recent movies, that might help you see as well.

Third on top isn't your usual style and looks really good :D
Though I like your cartoony style you should try stuff in the more realistic style because it seems you can do some good stuff

Response to Box 2d Aser Needed -> Snowboarding 2009-11-05 00:47:11

At 11/4/09 07:48 PM, K0Nx wrote: Third on top isn't your usual style and looks really good :D
Though I like your cartoony style you should try stuff in the more realistic style because it seems you can do some good stuff

Thanks man.
He was originally very cartoony, and disproportionate as well. But I was making him kind of as an audition for a game. They guy running the project said he needed something more realistic, so I got some help cleaning it up. Sadly though I didn't get the "job" so I never finished him.
Maybe someday I'll think of somewhere cool to make use of him :)

GAH!

BBS Signature