New Topic Respond to this Topic
Im-A-Pirate
Im-A-Pirate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 15:57:46 Reply

I don't know, this expansion feels like blizzard is bending everyone over by halving everything.

Instead of 10 extra levels, there's only 5.

Instead of a new primary profession, there's a secondary profession.

NO new talents.

New class/race combinations instead of a new class.

Adding lava to older zones instead of making new zones.

Re-adding old bosses that were killed. (Ragnaros, Nefarion. Plus reusing)

8 Dungeons at launch compared to the 12 WOTLK had at launch.

(2 of which of the "new" dungeons are H. Shadowfang and H. Deadmines, so they aren't new."

I don't know, just feels like blizzard gave up on WoW.

Anyone else who plays WoW agree?

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent, we can attack in any direction!"

Valjylmyr
Valjylmyr
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 16:10:09 Reply

I don't even play WoW, and that sounds pretty stupid. Hopefully Cataclysm is cheaper.

BBS Signature
huntarus
huntarus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 16:56:09 Reply

Well, Blizzard is working on both Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2, and I guess they wanted to please the fans. They may have jumped the gun on a release. Be happy for the expansion, but hope for a 30 USD or less price tag.

Exit, pursued by a bear - Shakespearean stage direction - The Winter's Tale

emo-penguin
emo-penguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 17:09:07 Reply

WoW is a massive cashcow that Blizzard is going to milk till it's doller sign teats crumble to dust.
It's not going to matter if it's less content because WoW fags will happily pay to have Blizzard continue shoveling that shit down thier throats.

BBS Signature
Crink
Crink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 17:09:46 Reply

Yeah lets boycott something that's not even released yet.

hey

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 17:26:47 Reply

I hope when the leaders of the blizzard company die they leave all there money to every wow player there was.

my love of material goods is far greater than my love of food

BBS Signature
TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 18:00:21 Reply

WoW went downhill at patch 2.4 imo

renoman21
renoman21
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 18:04:05 Reply

Well... World of warcraft is lame anyways..

Got a myspace?! Me too!! OMG!
DUDE! who doesn't?....
ooohhh.....

BBS Signature
explodingbunnies
explodingbunnies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 18:07:36 Reply

At 10/27/09 05:09 PM, Crink wrote: Yeah lets boycott something that's not even released yet.

inb4 left4dead2?

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.
PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature
Zetvirus55
Zetvirus55
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 18:57:20 Reply

At 10/27/09 05:09 PM, emo-penguin wrote: WoW is a massive cashcow that Blizzard is going to milk till it's doller sign teats crumble to dust.
It's not going to matter if it's less content because WoW fags will happily pay to have Blizzard continue shoveling that shit down thier throats.

If the mods start nazi-patrolling the video game forums, at least we know why.

DEEZNUTS

DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 19:06:11 Reply

Remodeling the old world and making it playable again was something the fans have been asking for since TBC released. It's not like they are just remodeling skins and shit, they are doing a pretty thorough change of Azeroth.

The 5 levels is probably because they plan on releasing many more expansions in the future, and they don't want to keep making the level cap go up and up.

TBC didn't have a new class, just two new races. This expansion introduces two new races again, but also allows old races to pick new classes, which you can either hate or love, depending on if you give a shit about the lore.

Where is this info about no new talents? If they are adding 5 more levels, I'd assume they would have a few new talents. I stopped playing WoW like 8 months ago, so I've just barely kept track of what's going on with Cataclysm.

Also, the new profession does sound a little lame, but oh well. As for the dungeons, it's not that many less than what Wrath shipped with, and more will unlock with patches.

You are focusing more on what they didn't add, instead of what they are changing. This new expansion isn't supposed to be about more levels and dungeons, it's all about them attempting to make the old world playable again. Giving a reason for people to actually come back to Azeroth now.

I think compared to Wrath and TBC, this expansion sounds the most interesting, because of how much I enjoyed Azeroth. But, at the same time, it's such a drastic change, it's sort of alienating any new players that may want to get into WoW at this point.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
Tommy-Gun
Tommy-Gun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 19:14:11 Reply

At 10/27/09 07:06 PM, DirtySyko wrote: Remodeling the old world and making it playable again was something the fans have been asking for since TBC released. It's not like they are just remodeling skins and shit, they are doing a pretty thorough change of Azeroth.

The 5 levels is probably because they plan on releasing many more expansions in the future, and they don't want to keep making the level cap go up and up.

TBC didn't have a new class, just two new races. This expansion introduces two new races again, but also allows old races to pick new classes, which you can either hate or love, depending on if you give a shit about the lore.

Where is this info about no new talents? If they are adding 5 more levels, I'd assume they would have a few new talents. I stopped playing WoW like 8 months ago, so I've just barely kept track of what's going on with Cataclysm.

Also, the new profession does sound a little lame, but oh well. As for the dungeons, it's not that many less than what Wrath shipped with, and more will unlock with patches.

You are focusing more on what they didn't add, instead of what they are changing. This new expansion isn't supposed to be about more levels and dungeons, it's all about them attempting to make the old world playable again. Giving a reason for people to actually come back to Azeroth now.

I think compared to Wrath and TBC, this expansion sounds the most interesting, because of how much I enjoyed Azeroth. But, at the same time, it's such a drastic change, it's sort of alienating any new players that may want to get into WoW at this point.

This. Plus, they're bringing back BattleGround Ranked PvP and adding a guild leveling system. I also think that the new 5 level thing is a good idea. I hated leveling, and hopefully these 5 levels will be shorter than the distance between 70-80. If not, at least we'll have something more to play.

I don't play WoW anymore, and this expansion isn't all that bad, but it's just not enough to make me want to come back. Like I've said, it's got a few good things about it, but I'm just not interested anymore. All I want is a Demon Hunter class, which I don't think I'll ever get.

homor
homor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 19:40:55 Reply

ITT:

Blizzard gives you awesome crap for little to nothing and you bitch and moan about it.

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Meepster
Meepster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-27 21:30:05 Reply

Agree? hell naw. It's not easy making these expansions too. A whole new class is a shit load of balancing. Look how the death knights turned out...

brb ninjas surrounding house

BBS Signature
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-28 09:59:25 Reply

WoW is a waste of money and time.

*puts up flame sheild*

"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
wedgeman
wedgeman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-28 10:12:54 Reply

I don't play WOW, but you see this is EVERY series, the best are the ones that manage to reinvent themselves sufficiently, and thus survive it. So it's like a midlife crisis in gaming terms.
All series see this; the producers and consumers get in a rhythm with updates/releases, so the customers begin pressuring the makers to release a new update, forgetting that it will not be as high a standard, and thus they get these piece of crap releases.

(Brace yourself, I am about to rip all our dicks off) I used to play Runescape. Back when it was good. Took a long break from it (Around some of last year's mid year exams), in total about a month. It was long enough to break the spell. The updates had become these pieces of crap, and we just lapped them up. How *bleep* can do die in a hole, burn, get raped by a series of horses and dogs, covered in shit, fed to the dogs, then the dogs will be burnt, to assure it will no longer exist.

Final Fantasy is going through it at the moment, but as Warcraft (Not just WoW, but the whole series) will, the fan base will get it through this, and shoot it on to a new era of good games again.

Wow... big post... sorry. But you get the idea.

And thus defy, the tyrannous stars...
(P.S. Ignore the mail watermark for now, I'll be removing it soon!)

BBS Signature
M-Y
M-Y
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-28 11:28:09 Reply

apparently you will be able to use flying mounts in azeroth

UnkutAcid
UnkutAcid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-28 11:29:55 Reply

Don't worry. It will still be the same-old 30 year old vrigins playing.

Crystal Meth Is Funny Because It Destroys Lives.

BBS Signature
MrLuckDuck
MrLuckDuck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Gamer
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-28 11:30:00 Reply

At 10/28/09 11:28 AM, M-Y wrote: apparently you will be able to use flying mounts in azeroth

great idea, let's gank some noobcakes oh yeh.

on all serious shit, cataclysm is gonna suck ass. quit wow ages ago, totally starting to suck ass.

BBS Signature
Jereminion
Jereminion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-28 13:41:07 Reply

i quit wow because of the 'raid saves'

the latest dungeons to get the best gear take about an hour to clear. after i do that, the ONLY thing to do is sit in town and do nothing. well now i dont pay for the game anymore trying to sell my acct

RollLip
RollLip
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-28 14:02:11 Reply

they have forgotten the hardcore players and focused more on the casual audience. notice the easy raids in WOTLK.

"A Disgrace to the Human Race" -the kind words of box-killa

JeremyLokken
JeremyLokken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Animator
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-30 12:40:16 Reply

Look what I just did. 2 years playing this shit, thousands of hours. It still hasn't sunk in yet though.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.

Rainbow Animations <-- for my website.

RazorHawk
RazorHawk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. 2009-10-30 15:16:56 Reply

At 10/30/09 12:40 PM, JeremyLokken wrote: Look what I just did. 2 years playing this shit, thousands of hours. It still hasn't sunk in yet though.

I did the same just the day before yesterday. Cataclysm doesn't sound worth it, and I think I've already invested too much time and money into this game.

Don't pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.

BBS Signature