MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 13th, 2010 @ 03:55 AM Reply

How do I link my SC2 guy with my battle.net account?

I got a battle.net account and a starcraft 2 character but I cant post on the SC2 forums because it says I need to create a character which I already have so can anyone tell me what to do?

Also would any experienced online SC2 players tell me wether these are good ideas...(all terran)

Have 2 groups of marines with about 18 in each group or more and have one army attack the enemy head on while the other I use the stimpack ability so the first army has more health to take more damage while the second can take down the enemy army fast.

blocking off choke points with another base as the building has 1500 health so will last longer and can be air lifted.

flying a base over to a far corner of the map so the enemy doesnt know its there, for more resources and a extra support base which could load troops into the enemy's base from a different position.

having 5 or more siege tanks in there siege ability guarding the entrances to my base

sending heavy armoured/light armoured enemys in first to the enemys army so my infantry wont die first

Are any these ideas any good for certain situations or are some of them bollocks and im just mental. opinions

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 13th, 2010 @ 09:17 AM Reply

At 8/13/10 01:15 AM, MercatorMap wrote: Scouting is the key to the game. I'm currently number 15 in the gold league on the server I play on.

It is. I know that. I'm also Gold.

Though, I'm not really proposing that EMP is Imbalanced or anything, I think it's fine. Just people saying "Use Psi Storm!" are silly. I still think Marauders need a small nerf to their Concussive Shell.

Though, I think the only real effective way to fuck Ghosts is using Sentires Hallucinations to get them to waste their EMP. Then procede to use Immortals/Collosi to counter the bio-ball.

Kind of annoying I have to tech that too, but oh well.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Halberd
Halberd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 13th, 2010 @ 08:17 PM Reply

I'm becoming really good at this game, and having a lot of fun.
Soon I'll be on top of the scoreboardz.

Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 13th, 2010 @ 08:23 PM Reply

At 8/13/10 08:17 PM, FurryDemon wrote: I'm becoming really good at this game, and having a lot of fun.
Soon I'll be on top of the scoreboardz.

Then you will hit the next league then BOOM! Back to struggling.

Robotchk12
Robotchk12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 13th, 2010 @ 08:30 PM Reply

At 8/11/10 11:10 PM, ironraven24 wrote: EMP. EMP. EMP. EMP.

E M P
I's dynomiiiite
E M P

I don't know the words.

Steam ID: Major Sergeant Johnsonmanberg
It's been a while, hasn't it?

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 14th, 2010 @ 07:48 AM Reply

At 8/13/10 11:10 PM, MercatorMap wrote: LOLOL Idra isn't in the list. Masq is though.

Neither is TheLittleOne because he is going to Korea to play it properly with Team Liquid.

I do like how Husky, HD, Day9 and JP are commentating. Should make it alot better than what it already is going to be. Can't wait for it to be honest.

SiLvErShOt10
SiLvErShOt10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 15th, 2010 @ 10:48 PM Reply

At 8/11/10 05:47 AM, LoadedBum wrote:
At 8/9/10 03:35 PM, SiLvErShOt10 wrote: I just ended a terrible team of cannonrushers with bioball support in 3v3 random.

Two tanks ended the cannon rush, and I backdoored them with banshees. They spent too much on cannons. Way too much. I lost three supply depots and two marines that whole game.
Lame, fuck banshee rushes. Also, fuck cannon rushers.

Backdooring with banshees is hardly a banshee rush. I think I had four, and it was a distraction.

Robotchk12
Robotchk12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 15th, 2010 @ 10:51 PM Reply

Anybody got any strategies for "Zero Hour" on Hard?
I'm trying to get the achievement for destroying 4 Zerg Hatcheries, but I just can't muster up enough Marines to do it.
Should I just forget about the stranded Rebels and amass an army?

BBS Signature
kRaZyAzN
kRaZyAzN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 15th, 2010 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 8/15/10 10:51 PM, Robotchk12 wrote: Anybody got any strategies for "Zero Hour" on Hard?
I'm trying to get the achievement for destroying 4 Zerg Hatcheries, but I just can't muster up enough Marines to do it.

build more scvs, build more barracks.

Should I just forget about the stranded Rebels and amass an army?

But then you lose. lol.

Founder of the Asian Users club
Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 08:11 AM Reply

At 8/11/10 04:05 PM, Evark wrote: I will own with Zerg... damnit. It will probably take years but I'll get there.

If you want to learn the game, play Terran, they're the most n00b-friendly race.

Then comes Protoss. It requires much more skill, but is kind of overpowered. The Void Ray is the most overpowered unit in the game and will probably get nerfed soon.

Also, Zerg sucks as of now, lol.

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 09:06 AM Reply

If you go on the SC2 forums there is a lot of complaing of UP zerg and OP terran.

I was hoping someone would make a little flash image that shows general warfield one punching the zerg from the campaign cinematic with the caption "Terran arnt OP....."

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 09:11 AM Reply

At 8/16/10 09:06 AM, MrPercie wrote: "Terran arnt OP....."

Terran are OP. I don't even play Terran and I can win a game so easily just by massing marines, marauders and siege tanks. Fucking hate them. Need a nerf on the fucking marauders, being able to slow pretty much any unit down constantly meaning you can pick them off so easily.

Matt1010
Matt1010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 10:45 AM Reply

Hey does anyone have a site with a bunch of SC2 Strategy/Build Orders?

HazeStigma
HazeStigma
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 10:52 AM Reply

At 8/16/10 09:11 AM, Simple wrote:
Terran are OP. I don't even play Terran and I can win a game so easily just by massing marines, marauders and siege tanks. Fucking hate them. Need a nerf on the fucking marauders, being able to slow pretty much any unit down constantly meaning you can pick them off so easily.

I agree... I play Zerg and i always get destroyed by a huge army of marines... enough of them can destroy a fleet of Brood lords... which is heart breaking seeing how cheap and easy marines are to make and how expensive making Brood lords are...
I don't exactly understand how they can shoot at a target which is like... 50 metres or more into the sky... at least make them just ground units instead of ground-air, they have Vikings!

Fear Me! "You are a government organization designed to monitor the NG BBS. you hide behind your smiles but there is something very sinister about you, oh yes." - DragonFyre9

BBS Signature
Yokumashu
Yokumashu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 10:57 AM Reply

At 8/16/10 10:45 AM, Matt1010 wrote: Hey does anyone have a site with a bunch of SC2 Strategy/Build Orders?

Liquipedia 2.

PSN id - dellick
STEAM id - Yokumashu
GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING

PimpNFresh
PimpNFresh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 11:01 AM Reply

At 8/16/10 10:45 AM, Matt1010 wrote: Hey does anyone have a site with a bunch of SC2 Strategy/Build Orders?

Day[9]

Look at some of his videos. He does an awesome job of breaking the game down.

"I don't got nothin'... but I'll give what I got"
-The Nightwatchman

MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 12:05 PM Reply

At 8/16/10 09:11 AM, Simple wrote:

if you had read my damn post you would know I was being ironic.

BBS Signature
Loki
Loki
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Writer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 12:24 PM Reply

At 8/16/10 09:11 AM, Simple wrote: Terran are OP. I don't even play Terran and I can win a game so easily just by massing marines, marauders and siege tanks. Fucking hate them. Need a nerf on the fucking marauders, being able to slow pretty much any unit down constantly meaning you can pick them off so easily.

Terran aren't OP. You're just facing awful adversaries.

Marauders do need a nerf, though. That slow is kinda imbalanced. But then again, look at the Void Rays before calling anything OP.

SiLvErShOt10
SiLvErShOt10
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Programmer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 01:20 PM Reply

At 8/16/10 12:24 PM, FBIpolux wrote:
Marauders do need a nerf, though. That slow is kinda imbalanced. But then again, look at the Void Rays before calling anything OP.

Critical mass, lol!

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 03:57 PM Reply

At 8/16/10 12:24 PM, FBIpolux wrote: Terran aren't OP. You're just facing awful adversaries.

Marauders need a tweak, and EMP needs to be researchable.

As for Void Rays, I think that they should lose their charges faster. They are pretty expensive as is, and I don't think they are OP.

With those, I think those two races would be rather balanced. Also, as many have proposed on the forum, that they should switch Roaches and Hydra's in the tech tree, which I think would solve a lot of problems for the zerg. Of course you would nerf/buff them accordingly.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Evark
Evark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Musician
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 04:07 PM Reply

Fuck Terran, if I wanted to play as people I'd go play Command and Conquer. The only reason I'm going to play Terran at all is so I can learn what strategies people like to do and get a feel for the unit availability timing (so I can counter it). Should probably do that... in over 50 games I haven't ONCE played anything except Zerg.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 16th, 2010 @ 05:37 PM Reply

At 8/16/10 04:07 PM, Evark wrote: Fuck Terran, if I wanted to play as people I'd go play Command and Conquer. The only reason I'm going to play Terran at all is so I can learn what strategies people like to do and get a feel for the unit availability timing (so I can counter it). Should probably do that... in over 50 games I haven't ONCE played anything except Zerg.

As far as lore goes, I like all of the races a lot. Protoss is definetely my favorite though.

Been playing a lot of Zerg lately, and some Protoss. I haven't played Terran since the Campaign.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
SardonicSamurai
SardonicSamurai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 03:35 PM Reply

At 8/16/10 04:07 PM, Evark wrote: Fuck Terran, if I wanted to play as people I'd go play Command and Conquer. The only reason I'm going to play Terran at all is so I can learn what strategies people like to do and get a feel for the unit availability timing (so I can counter it). Should probably do that... in over 50 games I haven't ONCE played anything except Zerg.

It's good to play as all the races just to see what time certain strategies come in to fruition, or how strategies can branch off at certain times.

The game is really complex when it comes to timing. Doing something too soon can mess up any advantages you had, and doing something too late could just put you in the defense (which is ALWAYS bad)

I've played as all the races (Protoss still being my favorite) but I definitely had an easier time with Terran on all levels of play time (Early, Mid, and Late game). For me, I'm best with Protoss early/ mid game; With Terran, I really don't feel I need to go into late game tech since MMM is strong enough to deal with pretty much anything (that I've faced thus far), and Zerg I'm great with early game.

BBS Signature
DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 03:54 PM Reply

Man, I blow at this game. Sometimes I'll dominate, and it feels really good, other times I get creamed so bad I can't even imagine how I'll get as good as the person who beat me. My multi-tasking skills are shit.

Currently in Gold league in 1v1, not placed in the others yet. I need some NGers to play with, send me a friend request: [email protected]

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
Rmabad
Rmabad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 04:23 PM Reply

Well now that the game has come out that u think

Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 04:23 PM, Rmabad wrote: Well now that the game has come out that u think

I think Terran are OP and I can't play it until they are nerfed like fuck.

Robotchk12
Robotchk12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 03:54 PM, DirtySyko wrote: Man, I blow at this game. Sometimes I'll dominate, and it feels really good, other times I get creamed so bad I can't even imagine how I'll get as good as the person who beat me. My multi-tasking skills are shit.

I'm bad at multi-tasking, too.
My first (and so far only) game put me against a Zerg and a Terran, with a Protoss as an ally.
By the time I got around 6 helicopters, my teammate had around 30 Void Rays, and proceeded to rape (unlubed) the enemy team.
I sent my 6 people along with him, and ended up destroying about 2 buildings before the game ended.

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 05:44 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 05:04 PM, Grubby wrote: What's the prob?

The problem isn't TvP it's TvZ. In a situation for Protoss in which the Terran has Marines, Marauders, Siege Tanks and Medivacs a Protoss user can use feedback from the High Templar on the medivacs then put down a few storms, go in with a few collossi, void rays and Immortals and clean it up.

But in the same situation for Zerg an Infester can use Fungal growth on the troops and the medivacs can just heal all the damage done fairly quickly. After this a few mutalisks to clean up the marauders would get wiped out by the stimmed marines. A Zerg could just use Fungal Growth on mass to eventually destroy the marines but it would take a long time because of the Medivacs healing. Personally I would end up Neural Parasiting the tanks or the Medivacs and get my Hydralisks to kill them.

Fucking Terran.

Robotchk12
Robotchk12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 06:03 PM Reply

I noticed that the description for Stim Packs gives you increased attack speed + increased move speed for 15 seconds. Does the attack speed remain, or does it end with the increased move speed?

BBS Signature
Yokumashu
Yokumashu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 06:07 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 06:03 PM, Robotchk12 wrote: I noticed that the description for Stim Packs gives you increased attack speed + increased move speed for 15 seconds. Does the attack speed remain, or does it end with the increased move speed?

Your marines revert back to their normal stats afterwards. They don't keep the increased attack or mov espeed when Stim ends.

Stim = steroids.

PSN id - dellick
STEAM id - Yokumashu
GUILE THEME GOES WITH EVERYTHING