New Topic Respond to this Topic
Robotchk12
Robotchk12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 06:07 PM, Yokumashu wrote: Your marines revert back to their normal stats afterwards. They don't keep the increased attack or mov espeed when Stim ends.

Stim = steroids.

Now I miss Starcraft 1 and its everlasting Stimpacks.

Steam ID: Major Sergeant Johnsonmanberg
It's been a while, hasn't it?

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 06:49 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 06:23 PM, Robotchk12 wrote:
At 8/17/10 06:07 PM, Yokumashu wrote: Your marines revert back to their normal stats afterwards. They don't keep the increased attack or mov espeed when Stim ends.

Stim = steroids.
Now I miss Starcraft 1 and its everlasting Stimpacks.

Since when did SC1 have passive stim...?

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]
Bros 4 lyfe (he dun did dis sig)

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 06:49 PM, ironraven24 wrote: Since when did SC1 have passive stim...?

It never. What you can do it just spam the stim button and you will constantly stim but take the damage.

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 06:54 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 05:44 PM, Simple wrote: The problem isn't TvP it's TvZ. In a situation for Protoss in which the Terran has Marines, Marauders, Siege Tanks and Medivacs a Protoss user can use feedback from the High Templar on the medivacs then put down a few storms, go in with a few collossi, void rays and Immortals and clean it up.

And then the Ghosts EMP and the Terran win.

But in the same situation for Zerg an Infester can use Fungal growth on the troops and the medivacs can just heal all the damage done fairly quickly. After this a few mutalisks to clean up the marauders would get wiped out by the stimmed marines. A Zerg could just use Fungal Growth on mass to eventually destroy the marines but it would take a long time because of the Medivacs healing. Personally I would end up Neural Parasiting the tanks or the Medivacs and get my Hydralisks to kill them.

This I agree with, but it's not the Terran, it's how the Zerg are underpowered really. In my opinion, Marauders need a nerf, and EMP needs to be researchable. Terran are good, better than the others, and that needs to be fixed. But Zerg being UP doesn't help.

Something I was thinking about; Why does creep have to be a handicap? Shouldn't I get advantages ON creep instead of disadvantages if I'm OFF of it? It seems dumb.

The Zerg just need something, at least Blizzard responded that they're aware of Zerg's problems, so hopefully we'll see a balance patch in the next few months.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Robotchk12
Robotchk12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 06:59 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 06:54 PM, Simple wrote:
At 8/17/10 06:49 PM, ironraven24 wrote: Since when did SC1 have passive stim...?
It never. What you can do it just spam the stim button and you will constantly stim but take the damage.

*Chhfffff* *chhfffff* *chhfffff* *chhfffff* "Ahh, that's the stuff..."

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 08:13 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 06:54 PM, ironraven24 wrote: And then the Ghosts EMP and the Terran win.

And the High Templars would feedback these.

TvP is balanced and in certain instances you just have to be lucky.

Zerg are indeed UP. What I would like to see is a cooldown on the Marauders concussive shells. One every shot means that you can pick of units do easily.

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 08:57 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 08:13 PM, Simple wrote:
At 8/17/10 06:54 PM, ironraven24 wrote: And then the Ghosts EMP and the Terran win.
And the High Templars would feedback these.

You don't seem to get that they can EMP before I can even hope to Feedback. HT's are slow, and they fucking glow. Like "I'm here, shoot me". No to mention I have to research Psi Storm. Ghosts can cloak and blend in with a bioball well.

I'm not proposing Toss buffs, I'm proposing that EMP should be researched.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 09:27 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 08:57 PM, ironraven24 wrote: I'm not proposing Toss buffs, I'm proposing that EMP should be researched.

I can't agree with you more but it would sort of defy the point of a ghost. Saying that in the original Starcraft it was researchable so I don't know. I'm sure Blizzard will sort it out eventually.

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 10:09 PM Reply

At 8/17/10 09:27 PM, Simple wrote:
At 8/17/10 08:57 PM, ironraven24 wrote: I'm not proposing Toss buffs, I'm proposing that EMP should be researched.
I can't agree with you more but it would sort of defy the point of a ghost. Saying that in the original Starcraft it was researchable so I don't know. I'm sure Blizzard will sort it out eventually.

Hopefully. I dunno, it would be on more even terms since Psi Storm is 200/200 and farther up the tech tree.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
DirtySyko
DirtySyko
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 53
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 17th, 2010 @ 10:50 PM Reply

FUCK IS ANYONE GONNA ADD ME I WANT SOME STARCRAFT FRIENDS: DIRTYSYKO@GMAIL.COM

Or just leave your email and I'll add you, you lazy pricks.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature
Robotchk12
Robotchk12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 12:31 AM Reply

At 8/17/10 10:50 PM, DirtySyko wrote: FUCK IS ANYONE GONNA ADD ME I WANT SOME STARCRAFT FRIENDS: DIRTYSYKO@GMAIL.COM

JESUS FINE GOD
dudebro@myway.com

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 18th, 2010 @ 02:24 AM Reply

At 8/17/10 10:50 PM, DirtySyko wrote: FUCK IS ANYONE GONNA ADD ME I WANT SOME STARCRAFT FRIENDS: DIRTYSYKO@GMAIL.COM

Added.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Evark
Evark
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 55
Musician
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 19th, 2010 @ 01:06 PM Reply

DS: I'm lazy, add me: Evark[at]newgrounds[dot]com.

BBS Signature
MrPercie
MrPercie
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 19th, 2010 @ 09:42 PM Reply

im interested in playing zerg so I have started off on Hard AI mode.

It hasent going to well as terran I could win on Very hard every time more or less while its 50/50 on hard mode for zerg so I need some tips on what to do.

As terran I would usaully get a barracks blocking the entrance to my area with a few supply depo's for passing through while as zerg I dont even bother. I dont know wether if I should make another base next to my main base so I get twice as many units but I dont know if this a good idea or not.

I dont know how many units would be effective against there armies as I have gone into battle with more or less same number of units using them for the right enemy (roachs hellions n marines, zerglings on maruders) and would still come out with like 5 units or so. So how many of each unit would you say is enough to get through most battles. Like 72 zerglings, 24 roachs and hyrdlisks and 16 mutalisks? Zerg strong point is about swarms but I just need to know much makes a good swarm.

BBS Signature
Robotchk12
Robotchk12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 20th, 2010 @ 12:14 AM Reply

At 8/19/10 11:50 PM, MercatorMap wrote: Number 4 in the gold league currently. Terran player. Fuck you guys >=( I'll kick your ass.

Yeah, I'd lose.
Excuse me, grace.

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 20th, 2010 @ 11:32 AM Reply

At 8/19/10 11:50 PM, MercatorMap wrote: Number 4 in the gold league currently. Terran player. Fuck you guys >=( I'll kick your ass.

I dropped to 55 Rank in my Gold league a couple days ago, went on a losing streak of three.
I guess that balances the winning streak I had.

:(

Doing swell in 2v2 though. 5 win streak right now.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 21st, 2010 @ 08:37 PM Reply

At 8/21/10 07:56 PM, Grubby wrote: I'm still Platinum on 4v4 and 3v3.

So far my mass carrier strategy has been laughed at by everyone, but it usually prevails. However against a mass of charged Void Rays, my carriers easily get slaughtered. I think the mothership+carrier combo will soon be obsolete...

The key to killing Voids is shooting them when they don't have three charges.

I was in a 4v4 where the four enemies spammed voids. I used lots of Stalkers, they managed to take out all of my teammates but one, Terran. He massed vikings and we slaughtered them.

Stalkers are truely great against VoidRays though, assuming they have blink, otherwise they can't catch up.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Robotchk12
Robotchk12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 21st, 2010 @ 11:07 PM Reply

My last 2 games were 2v2 Novice league. Both of them had my teammate leaving, and I had to take over their forces.
The first time I tried managing both forces, and got completely raped because the other players didn't have to worry about resourcing two armies. It also sucked because, even though I owned my ally's forces, I couldn't tell them to repair stuff, so if a building got damaged it stayed damaged.
The second time I just let my teammates base sit there while I massed Void Rays, upgraded everything, and traveled to and raped the enemy's bases.
So, I basically had to fight two people by myself.
I noticed that Terrans don't really have a spammable force like the Protoss or Zerg.
Protoss have Void Rays, Zerg have Hydralisks/Zerglings, and... oh, wait, Vikings, Hellions, and Marines.
Nvm lolol

BBS Signature
Robotchk12
Robotchk12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 01:51 AM Reply

How the hell do I build up forces quickly?
The enemy team ALWAYS has 1000000 more units than me, 100 more buildings than me, and 200000000 more resources.
Do I just not focus on upgrades or expanding and build tons of units?

BBS Signature
Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 08:09 AM Reply

At 8/22/10 01:51 AM, Robotchk12 wrote: How the hell do I build up forces quickly?
The enemy team ALWAYS has 1000000 more units than me, 100 more buildings than me, and 200000000 more resources.
Do I just not focus on upgrades or expanding and build tons of units?

How many workers do you have on your resource point(s)? That greatly influences the amount of income you get, which leads to more productions buildings, and, more men.

You should have three per Gas, and three per mineral. which is thirty total workers on a mineral line.

You should send me a replay or two.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Simple
Simple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 09:44 AM Reply

At 8/22/10 08:09 AM, ironraven24 wrote: You should have three per Gas, and three per mineral. which is thirty total workers on a mineral line.

It's usually 2 on minerals, but certain patches require 3 due to positioning and distance from the main building. Also 3 on gas at all times, unless you need the minerals, not gas.

Since there are 8 patches and 2 gas at each base you need a minimum of 22 workers. But you should always be making workers, especially as Zerg since you need to use them to make your buildings.

Anyways; early game you should focus on getting your economy in check and getting units out, if you have extra resources you should try to: expand, build more units, build more unit producing structures or get upgrades. If it's an important upgrade like Zergling speed you should always get it when you need it (usually early game).

Viri
Viri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 10:05 AM Reply

At 8/22/10 09:44 AM, Simple wrote:
It's usually 2 on minerals, but certain patches require 3 due to positioning and distance from the main building. Also 3 on gas at all times, unless you need the minerals, not gas.

I've heard anywhere from 22-30, so, I'm guessing at least 20 is good. I usually have 25 or so.

I pretty much always have workers building though.

I've recently started using Warp prisms more. I've grown to love them.

Throw them at a side of a base, or near an expo, drop a couple, warp some more in, and take it out. Real nice for people who leave their expansions unguarded.

[Last.FM] [Steam ID]

BBS Signature
Robotchk12
Robotchk12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 02:50 PM Reply

I'll try to focus on building units instead of upgrades next round.
And I'm not doing Protoss anymore. I hate waiting more than a minute for one unit. If I was more patient I could do better as Protoss, but I just like Terran more.

BBS Signature
SpecialSause
SpecialSause
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 22nd, 2010 @ 11:17 PM Reply

To bad i have to wait two more months to get a computer that actually will be able to run starcraft 2. I can't believe i went to the midnight release only to find out i have to wait 3 months to play it.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 23rd, 2010 @ 01:33 AM Reply

Can someone remind me of the actual minimum type of processor/GHz that's needed on a computer to play the game? Looking at new computers, most of which have either 2.1 or 2.3 GHz and I want to make sure the one I get can play the game.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
sixflab
sixflab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 23rd, 2010 @ 01:51 AM Reply

At 8/23/10 01:41 AM, sixflab wrote: Starcraft 2 minimum requirements

I know. I've seen it. What I'm confused about is the point where it says 2.6 GHz and yet I've seen mention of people playing it at 2.3. I'm just wondering if you absolutely need 2.6 to play it, or is it possible to go below 2.6?

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
sixflab
sixflab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 23rd, 2010 @ 01:59 AM Reply

At 8/23/10 01:51 AM, 36Holla wrote:
At 8/23/10 01:41 AM, sixflab wrote: Starcraft 2 minimum requirements
I know. I've seen it. What I'm confused about is the point where it says 2.6 GHz and yet I've seen mention of people playing it at 2.3. I'm just wondering if you absolutely need 2.6 to play it, or is it possible to go below 2.6?

You can play with lower than that but you may suffer performance wise at times. I find it better to just play it safe if you are buying a whole new computer.

kRaZyAzN
kRaZyAzN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 23rd, 2010 @ 04:28 PM Reply

At 8/22/10 02:50 PM, Robotchk12 wrote: I'll try to focus on building units instead of upgrades next round.
And I'm not doing Protoss anymore. I hate waiting more than a minute for one unit. If I was more patient I could do better as Protoss, but I just like Terran more.

You can build more than 1 unit making building. Gamebreaking isn't it.

Founder of the Asian Users club
Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature
Robotchk12
Robotchk12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Official Starcraft 2 Thread. Aug. 23rd, 2010 @ 06:41 PM Reply

At 8/23/10 04:28 PM, kRaZyAzN wrote:
At 8/22/10 02:50 PM, Robotchk12 wrote: I'll try to focus on building units instead of upgrades next round.
You can build more than 1 unit making building. Gamebreaking isn't it.

Yeah, I can build more Gateways or Starports or whatever, but they still take the longest and are the most expensive units. I also like "You wanna piece a me, boy?" more than "In the shadows, I come."

BBS Signature