00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

RIOTxANON06 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now!

12,649 Views | 159 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 19:55:28

Have you ever wanted to have your song sold on any major music distributor, without paying any fees? Sites like iTunes? Or even Beatport? Well here's your chance! Sign-up for this Collab EP, and get the chance to get your name known in the music industry!

What exactly is this EP?

This EP (Electronic Play) will contain approximately 10-15 electronic songs. Specifically: House, Electro, Trance, Techno, Hardstyle, Hip-Hop, Dance, Drum And Bass, and all of their sub-genres. Each song on the EP must be a collaboration. All collaborations have to be in groups of two. No more. No less.

How do I sign up?

Signing up is very simple. There are 3 different options when it comes to signing up:

1. You can sign up with a partner you've previously chosen. Both artists must make a post stating who they are collabing with. Ex: You must post "I'm collabing with Joe Blow", and your partner must post "I'm collabing with Jane Doe".

2. If you don't have a partner, you can either:

- Make a post stating you are alone for the EP and that you are looking for someone to pair up with, or;
- You can read through previous posts to find someone in need of a partner. In this case, reply & quote their post or PM them.

You must state which Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) you are using. You need to post which DAW you are using to not end up working with someone using a different program than you.

3. Finally, if you want to be randomly given a partner, write a post telling us that you are alone, which DAW you use and that you want to be paired up randomly. We will pair up all of the people without partners randomly after the sign-up deadline.

We will post the list of all the artist pairs who are entered a few days after the sign-up deadline.
NOTE: A person may only be part of a single group and may not collaborate with more than one artist.

When is the sign-up deadline?

The sign up deadline is this November 8th, 2009, at 11:59PM. Once you have made a post and signed up you will not be able to change partners. As mentioned further up, the complete list of entrants auditioning for the EP will be posted a few days after the sign-up deadline.

What do I need to submit for a demo?

You must submit a clip from your song that is 1:00 (give or take 15 seconds). Any demo which is over 1:15 will not be judged, and any submission under 0:45 will not be judged either.

NOTE: It cannot be a demo of a song which you have already posted in the Newgrounds Audio Portal. Also, each group of artists may only submit ONE demo. If you post a demo, then delete that one, then re-post a new one, it will not be judged.

When is the demo submission deadline?

The submission deadline date is yet to be announced. It will be, however, after the sign-up date and you will also be given between 4-6 weeks to submit a demo. The final listing of all songs that will be on the EP will be posted within the same week of the submission deadline.

What will the songs will be judged on?

The main aspects touched over by the judges will be:

1. Professionalism - Choice of effects; transitions; mastering; structure, etc.
2. Originality - Have you heard something like this before?
3. The "catchyness" of the song - Is it catchy? Does it have a good "hook"?
4. Synth originality - Do these synths sound generic, as though they've been heard 100 times.
5. Melodic elements - Chord progressions; key changes, etc.

How will the EP be sold?

The EP will be sold on major music distributors (iTunes, Beatport, etc).

%u2028How will we get payed?

All participants will need to have a working Paypal account as all transactions will be made through them. If this is not a possibility, please, feel free to PM or email us, but Paypal is preferred.

How will the profits be split?*

Every time the entire album is purchased, the profit will be split between everyone. Every time a single song will be purchased, the profits will be split evenly between the two artists.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM or email us at anytime at: collab.ep@gmail.com

*If you have any monetary issues with your partner, please, work that out with them and not us. We are not here to deal with the problems between the two artists who produce a song together. For example: If artist A and B sell a song on the EP and Artist A complains that he did most of the work and that his partner - artist B - did hardly anything, don't come nagging us. We just split the profits 50/50. No questions asked.

Sincerely,

Digital Pulse & Frankie R.

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 20:20:34

Hey, I'd like to be a part of this, so if anyone needs a partner, PM me. You can go to my page to check out what kind of experience I have. Right now I mostly use FL Studio 8, but I have plenty of experience with Ejay software as well. Look forward to working with someone soon!

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 20:37:18

Good luck selling on Beatport if you're not part of an established music label.

(professional) singer. songwriter. smartass.

{Facebook} // {Soundcloud}

Latest releases: Optic Echoes // Starclad

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 20:48:33

At 10/23/09 08:37 PM, Liralei wrote: Good luck selling on Beatport if you're not part of an established music label.

We've been in the process of looking into opening our own label, so there is a chance that in the future we could post on Beatport. Maybe not for this EP, but hopefully at least another one!

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 21:09:03

I'll join but I don't have a partner. I use Ableton live 8 and I make trance.

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 21:13:03

Have you ever wanted to have your song sold on any major music distributor, without paying any fees? Sites like iTunes? Or even Beatport?

no.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 21:14:49

At 10/23/09 08:48 PM, CollabEP wrote:
At 10/23/09 08:37 PM, Liralei wrote: Good luck selling on Beatport if you're not part of an established music label.
We've been in the process of looking into opening our own label, so there is a chance that in the future we could post on Beatport. Maybe not for this EP, but hopefully at least another one!

Slow down there buddy, that's not going to happen. Beatport only showcasts labels that meet their monthly sales quote. I doubt our little ep here is going to fix that. Plus you actually have to spend quite a bit of money into labels for paying royalties, royalty advances from bigger artists, etc.

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 23:02:54

hey i'm down for this! but I'm still on FL DEMO -_- but don't get me wrong i can still get some good stuff done check out my audio i experiment in genres so don't judge off the first thing you hear XD

and also i need a partner..

"I want to care but I just... don't" -Me

Need somewhere to host audio instantly?

BBS Signature

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 23:09:17

At 10/23/09 09:09 PM, Sealander wrote: I'll join but I don't have a partner. I use Ableton live 8 and I make trance.

I also make trance, am interested in this, and am partnerless.
Join forces, yes?

Xen0siS - Song links below.

Mind Stalker....I.P.V.....Infect10n....T he Sun ( Apollo )

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 23:31:11

I'm down, without a partner, using FL Studio.

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 23:32:34

I make classical ,techno, house, jazz, VG, DnB and ambience

I use FL 9

so yeah, just pm me if you want to work together :D

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 23:35:59

At 10/23/09 09:13 PM, Calamaistr wrote: Have you ever wanted to have your song sold on any major music distributor, without paying any fees? Sites like iTunes? Or even Beatport?

no.

So what's up your ass?

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-23 23:59:37

I'm keen. Anyone crazy enough to work with me?

BBS Signature

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 00:30:37

At 10/23/09 11:59 PM, Unrl wrote: I'm keen. Anyone crazy enough to work with me?

Which kind of DAW do you use?

Also, just a reminder, anyone who wants to be paired up randomly can just PM us and we'll arrange for you two get a partner.

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 00:46:26

2 Questions.

I was in a collab for the EpDemo 2, can i submit that?

Can i have 2 songs?

Because id really like to collab with two different people on 2 different songs.

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 00:59:32

Hey guys,
I use FL Studio 9 (w/ Vanguard, Nexus, and v-station) and FX: PSP VintageWarmer.

And, I make trance...epic, progressive, and dream trance. To hear my stuff, check out my JUNK on my audio page.

Or check my label, Multitude Music.

or check out my youtube page, which has my latest tracks that I sent to my label, Youtube - Yodamanjaro.

As to my "limited" style...everything I touch becomes trance, no matter what it is. hahhaha.

And I'm up for whoever wants me, but if there are multiple ppl who want me, then we can all collab on one track. lol

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 01:02:46

@LK412

Hate to tell you like this, but you should've read the whole post hehe

At 10/23/09 07:55 PM, CollabEP wrote: NOTE: A person may only be part of a single group and may not collaborate with more than one artist.

NOTE: It cannot be a demo of a song which you have already posted in the Newgrounds Audio Portal. Also, each group of artists may only submit ONE demo. If you post a demo, then delete that one, then re-post a new one, it will not be judged.

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 01:09:48

At 10/24/09 01:02 AM, CollabEP wrote: @LK412

Hate to tell you like this, but you should've read the whole post hehe

At 10/23/09 07:55 PM, CollabEP wrote: NOTE: A person may only be part of a single group and may not collaborate with more than one artist.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww D:

But it was soooo goood. the only problem was autotune D:.

Alright whatever. Thanks for the response, sorry i didnt read carefully :/

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 04:02:10

I'm very interested!

I'm looking for a partner to collab with, I have 3+ years of experience, use Reason 4, and going for a power dnb track.

Here are some examples of my earlier work:

If anyone is interested in collabing with me, send me a PM.
Your music must be of equal or greater quality.

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 07:30:27

At 10/23/09 11:35 PM, SineRider wrote:
At 10/23/09 09:13 PM, Calamaistr wrote: Have you ever wanted to have your song sold on any major music distributor, without paying any fees? Sites like iTunes? Or even Beatport?

no.
So what's up your ass?

experience.

Original, classical and retro videogame music composer. (No longer take project clients from newgrounds but if you need a track or two from what ive got pm me.)

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 08:48:46

At 10/24/09 07:30 AM, Calamaistr wrote:
At 10/23/09 11:35 PM, SineRider wrote:

no.
So what's up your ass?
experience.

Oh shi-

Anyway, alright. Sign me up. I make DNB. Mostly Liquid, intelligent and neurofunk. Anybody wanting to collab with me, feel free to pm me.

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 08:54:54

Does working with a singer count as a collab?

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 09:24:21

At 10/24/09 08:54 AM, xKore wrote: Does working with a singer count as a collab?

Generally, it does yeah. I think they're trying to organise a NG collab though, so I'm not sure if the vocalist is allowed if he/she's not from NG.

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 09:33:56

At 10/24/09 09:24 AM, la-yinn wrote: Generally, it does yeah. I think they're trying to organise a NG collab though, so I'm not sure if the vocalist is allowed if he/she's not from NG.

Actually, it's not going to be NG-Exclusive. We've submitted this post on places like Digg and Reddit and we're also posting it in big music forums. We're asking them to sign-up here, but if it's not possible, we're going to have to personally PM them all and find them partners incase they can't find one on their boards.

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 09:39:41

At 10/23/09 09:09 PM, Sealander wrote: I'll join but I don't have a partner. I use Ableton live 8 and I make trance.

consider yourself partnerd'

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 09:49:10

Hey Im TN im sure up with this iam hope both me and my collab partner will able to finish the track before november.

Collab will be with Newground artist DJ BrixX aka Brittany Barrett http://djbrixx.newgrounds.com/
Song name will be called Legends so i will post back once demo is finished. Take care /TN

Latest track :

Distance

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 09:50:24

At 10/24/09 09:33 AM, CollabEP wrote:
At 10/24/09 09:24 AM, la-yinn wrote: Generally, it does yeah. I think they're trying to organise a NG collab though, so I'm not sure if the vocalist is allowed if he/she's not from NG.
Actually, it's not going to be NG-Exclusive. We've submitted this post on places like Digg and Reddit and we're also posting it in big music forums. We're asking them to sign-up here, but if it's not possible, we're going to have to personally PM them all and find them partners incase they can't find one on their boards.

That is good to hear. Real good. Alright, in that case, I'm limiting myself to experienced DNB producers only.

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 09:56:06

I'll Join, im just gonna fly this one slo-low :P
FL 9!!!

BBS Signature

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 09:58:35

At 10/24/09 09:56 AM, DanceNation wrote: I'll Join, im just gonna fly this one slo-low :P
FL 9!!!

sry to double post, but i make dance... :P

BBS Signature

Response to 1st Collab Ep - Sign-up Now! 2009-10-24 10:02:30

At 10/24/09 09:58 AM, DanceNation wrote:
At 10/24/09 09:56 AM, DanceNation wrote: I'll Join, im just gonna fly this one slo-low :P
FL 9!!!
sry to double post, but i make dance... :P

so yea, once agian, sorry for double post, not reading very well atm, :S
any1 need a parter

BBS Signature