With voting over for Doubles Showdown 8, a new challenge arises! These are the same rules from last time, so for the newbies looking to jump in the pool MAKE SURE YOU READ THEM!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Number 1 ultimate rule: PLEASE BE SERIOUS ABOUT JOINING!
- This is because you are not alone in your participation, but you must think that without you, your partner is sure to fail. This is unfair to them if you end up crapping out. The set 2 week time limit is generous enough that you can complete a piece, even if you live in separate time zones.
2 - All entrants will be screened. Thats right! Not to be a stalker, but I will be looking through everyones profile/posts to find some of your artwork to gauge your ability/dedication to actual effort. This is not to be cruel, and I am not looking for the next Da Vinci, but to assure that the #1 ultimate rule stays intact. If you have not been selected to join, you will be notified via PM. If there is enough people who have been "ousted" I may use these people in another random team drawing among themselves, as long as there are no objections. Take note that your partner may be unreliable/a stick figure spammer, but if you are included in this category, we will go over it in PM's.
3 - This is to promote cooperation, create a great collaboration piece, and make new friends! Have fun with the project; be competitive, but don't get carried away/bitch at your partner. It is necessary to use an instant messenger client, e-mail, or at the very least the Newgrounds PM system (which you can provide links to your .psd/.fla/.etc file on megaupload or some other hosting site) You need to be able to communicate, and if you are not cool with that, then why would you want to participate in a collaboration project anyway?
4 - IMPORTANT! - If you do not respond to your partner within 3 days after teams are sorted, YOU ARE SUBJECT TO LOSE YOUR PARTNER! Let me know if you have extenuating circumstances, but make contact ASAP. If you are left partnerless, you will be put into a re-draw. This is a double check against the #1 ultimate rule!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Here are some familiar rules that also apply:
Photoshop, Flash, Painter, Gimp, and other art programs are a must, unless you are an exquisite MSpaint artist, or have a scanner/digital camera.
- It is recommended that you provide a link to a higher quality image
- Once you know who your partner is, PM them with your contact info (Instant Messanger, e-mail, etc.)
you another partner, but I really am hoping this doesn't happen.
- Abide by all NG art forum and site rules
- BOTH artists must contribute!
- Give a description of what it is, and who did what in your piece!
- - - - - -
Okay, so now that all that good stuff is outta the way. Here's how it works!
Until Sunday October 25th, at 11:59 PM US Eastern time, you are to post in this thread letting me know that you are "in." On Monday the 26th, I will write down the entrants onto tiny little pieces of paper, crumple the hell out of them, and throw them into a hat. I will then be picking the teams at total random! Don't bitch about your partner please.
From that October the 26th, you have until Sunday, November 8th, 11:59 PM US eastern time. to complete your team's piece.
Now to the Theme of this Showdown!
- Excellent, creativity flows with this one! Think Batman and Robin, but much more creative than that. Make them funny or badass, their theme is up to you. Feel free to do Villains instead. Make sure the viewer can easily identify your character by their attributes and garments. Have fun with it and play around with ideas for a bit til you find something you like!
If you think I forgot something, or have a quarrel with some of the rules, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will try and straighten it out.
- - - - - - - - -
Doubles 8: Newgrounds Themed Movie Poster Results! Check my last post in this topic for more details.
Much thanks is needed to be given to our beloved art forum/portal mods for hooking us up with 2 front-page spots for the winners, you guys are the best!
And the starter picture this week is a combo of our two winning entries, Super Meatboy On the Moon!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Alrighty, hope everyone has fun this time around, so let's get this shindig started!