New Topic Respond to this Topic
DaMiStudios
DaMiStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
A flawed reality 2009-10-15 20:36:03 Reply

You know, thousands die from deadly products each year such as CIGARETS and ILLEGAL DRUGS, each year.

So, i the governments are aware of this, why can't they just BAN cigs and then create L33T teams to but ALL drugs they can Seriously, the government is in efect, killing the contry they control. Now, WHY ARE THEY SO IGNORANT? If they want to fix healthcare and other issues, why are they trying to solve the impossible larger isssues and not the smaller more managable ones. Small steps, big jorney. WISEN UP YOU POLITICAL MORONZ!

I hate how corrupt the governments are today, bribes, threats, lawsuits, and other useless BULLSHIT. WHY?

If we could JUST fix the smaller issues worldwide then MAYBE we could manage the larger issues better. Fools...we will KEEL dem

tyler-1094
tyler-1094
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 20:37:49 Reply

because cigarettes destroyed the health care system

BBS Signature
DaMiStudios
DaMiStudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 20:39:04 Reply

true. now, we need to solve that.

OddlyPoetic
OddlyPoetic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 20:41:05 Reply

No. People choose to do it and thats their right. It's an industry and has been for a very long time now. Government's do not have the right to make personnel choices like that for people. These things have been part of human culture for a long time now. In many, many different societys.

This is not something the government needs to concern itself with.

Render Unto Caesar

BBS Signature
FigishPig3000
FigishPig3000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Audiophile
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 20:41:43 Reply

The taxes o Cigarettes earn the government a shitload of money, they lose it all if it were illegal.

BBS Signature
Zwe
Zwe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 20:41:47 Reply

Yeah god damn cigarets

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

BBS Signature
seewasp
seewasp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 20:43:46 Reply

If people want to kill themselves doing drugs and smoking, that's their choice. you can throw rocks at them and hit them with sticks all you want, but you can't just expect people to stop doing stuff that is bad for their health just because it is. So stop judging other people on their life choices, and go do something that isn't going to discriminate people. Like tetris.

InsertFunnyUserName
InsertFunnyUserName
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Melancholy
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 20:45:23 Reply

So, I'm a firefighter and I have these two problems I have to deal with. There's this massive, raging fire that's rampaging through my area, but there's also some ants in the kitchen. I'm not sure which one I should deal with first. I mean, the ants are easier...

The phrase "war on drugs" and the word "effective" should never be used in the same sentence unless "isn't" is in between them.

You don't solve big problems by ignoring those problems and moving on to the smaller, easier ones. Banning cigarettes isn't going to solve the heath care crisis because after the economic crash that the destructing of the cigarette industry will cause, there will be no money to fund said health care system.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 20:49:12 Reply

At 10/15/09 08:36 PM, DaMiStudios wrote: why can't they just BAN cigs

For the same reason they don't ban alcohol.

Banning cigarettes will just lead to people smoking illegally imported cigarettes/tobacco. It will make a lot of criminals rich, and none of the money people spend on smokes will end up going to the government. Not only that, but such a law would be so difficult to enforce that the whole thing would be a losing battle.

GeneralGuy50
GeneralGuy50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 21:01:59 Reply

Meh, other people explained my thoughts well enough, specially the high tax on cigs stuff. But perhaps rather than try harder to keep people from using illegal drugs, we make some legal? Take marijuana for example, I won't explain why, but just leave these links:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0b09WJkE Pc
http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/medi cal/
http://mindprod.com/humanrights/marijuan a.html#PROHIBITION

I...I shall consume...
consume...CONSUME EVERYTHING!

BBS Signature
Heretic-Anchorite
Heretic-Anchorite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 21:09:03 Reply

Who's the government to tell us how to behave? People know cigarettes are bad for your health, but they choose to smoke them.

They bear the fruits of their actions, good or bad. Thousands of people die from car crashes, why not ban cars?, many people get electrocuted each year, why not ban electricity?

There can never be a utopia on the physical plane, and death is nothing to fear.

Death is life, life is death.

“You only live twice: Once when you're born, and once when you look death in the face.”

BBS Signature
Urban-Champion
Urban-Champion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 21:10:35 Reply

It's not that simple, dumbass. Even if you make something illegal it'll still happen anyways.

Sekhem
Sekhem
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Musician
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 21:11:24 Reply

lol children and politics

trakt|||| last.fm |||| recommend me hip-hop - G O D // B L E S S // A F R I C A

BBS Signature
gamekillereater
gamekillereater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 21:14:18 Reply

It's called Freedom, my friend.
And I find your fascist political view scary and very immature.
Just accept the fact that some people will just choose something that might be bad for their health but gives them pleasure every once in a while.
Just forcing people in a certain set of rules isn't going to work, just face it.

GeneralGuy50
GeneralGuy50
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 21:18:43 Reply

Sorry for double post but I forgot this one:
Marijuana cures cancer

I...I shall consume...
consume...CONSUME EVERYTHING!

BBS Signature
Twistedsanta
Twistedsanta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 21:24:52 Reply

If the people choose to buy cigarettes and put their life in danger, then that's their choice. If they all of a sudden made it illegal then they'd probably go to jail by trying to get cigarettes because of their addiction. Either that or withdrawal.

The prices being incredibly high aren't helping the economy either.

Does anybody even read these?

BBS Signature
PlantFetish
PlantFetish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 21:46:27 Reply

You know, there's a reason they ban drugs, but it isn't because it's bad for you (Although it might be, it might not, is not the case). Everyone who cries out that drugs should be legal aren't really looking at the big picture. Anyways, I'm not sure why people are freaking out about drugs when there are plenty of shit that is actually harming people and their "more important" rights.

StrangelyMauled
StrangelyMauled
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to A flawed reality 2009-10-15 22:06:46 Reply

I think the legalization of some drugs is fine, but I just can't stand the fact that if someone goes to the hospital for overdosing, we end up paying for there own stupid actions. And its not like the government needs the money from drug busts that much. Because they can tax it and the government steals more money from the middle class then then they get on drug busts.

Pull a knife in a gunfight. Stab him while he is laughing.

BBS Signature