• 18 Replies
molton44
molton44
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 04:17:33

Becaus i feel like such a tool paying for Xbox live. Anybody else feel the same?

Punk Rock Reviews

BBS Signature
megaepiclulz
megaepiclulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Musician
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 04:19:18

Nope cause I did get a ps3.

:D

At 2/11/08 11:38 PM, NimbleElephant wrote:
: What an interesting point you have, and very debatable and exciting.

BBS Signature
Sinitech
Sinitech
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 04:19:29

The 360 makes an excellent blunt object, in case of home invasion or other such needs.

"..." - ...

BBS Signature
StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 04:28:24

I don't feel like a tool for using Xbox Live... If you felt like a tool every time you used something that was made by a huge company (If that's what you're getting at), you might as well be Amish.

Xbox Live is very well set up and maintained as far as I'm concerned, and I have no qualms about using it. :D

"In the house with the laughing windows, we're spilling blood like a cheap innuendo."
Writer - Music Addict - StarF68

BBS Signature
BritZombie
BritZombie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 04:30:03

No I made the wise choice and bought the PS3 for a high price, off of a shady gypsy in rural spain. Beast bargain ever.

I like my hammer.
Audio. lol click.

BBS Signature
molton44
molton44
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 04:33:54

At 10/8/09 04:28 AM, StarF68 wrote: I don't feel like a tool for using Xbox Live... If you felt like a tool every time you used something that was made by a huge company (If that's what you're getting at), you might as well be Amish.

Xbox Live is very well set up and maintained as far as I'm concerned, and I have no qualms about using it. :D

No i feel like a tool becaus i have to pay a monthly fee to use the damn thing Online, when Ps3 owners dont have to pay shit. Not only that, but most games dont even use Micro$oft's server's They just randomly pick out a player in a game and make them the Host which means im basically paying every month to let people use my 360 as a server.

Punk Rock Reviews

BBS Signature
StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 04:35:23

At 10/8/09 04:33 AM, molton44 wrote: No i feel like a tool becaus i have to pay a monthly fee to use the damn thing Online, when Ps3 owners dont have to pay shit. Not only that, but most games dont even use Micro$oft's server's They just randomly pick out a player in a game and make them the Host which means im basically paying every month to let people use my 360 as a server.

Monthly fee? I pay 50$ a year, and that seems like a very fair price for everything that is offered with Xbox Live... Like DLC and Arcade games.

I didn't know about the servers, but honestly I don't really care as long as the games work and don't lag (Which I normally don't have a problem with), so hey, it's all good.

"In the house with the laughing windows, we're spilling blood like a cheap innuendo."

BBS Signature
molton44
molton44
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 04:39:46

At 10/8/09 04:35 AM, StarF68 wrote:
At 10/8/09 04:33 AM, molton44 wrote: No i feel like a tool becaus i have to pay a monthly fee to use the damn thing Online, when Ps3 owners dont have to pay shit. Not only that, but most games dont even use Micro$oft's server's They just randomly pick out a player in a game and make them the Host which means im basically paying every month to let people use my 360 as a server.
Monthly fee? I pay 50$ a year, and that seems like a very fair price for everything that is offered with Xbox Live... Like DLC and Arcade games.

I didn't know about the servers, but honestly I don't really care as long as the games work and don't lag (Which I normally don't have a problem with), so hey, it's all good.

Oh and on top of the monthly fee we have to pay for most DLC and Arcade Games, Yeah teh demo's are nice and dont even get me started on Avatar clothing. The main thing that brought how much of a tool i am to my attention is that there is Some DLC coming out for Left4dead here soon, PC users get the DLC for free, BUT 360 users have to pay around 500 MS points to get the exact same content

Punk Rock Reviews

BBS Signature
StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 04:46:29

At 10/8/09 04:39 AM, molton44 wrote: Oh and on top of the monthly fee we have to pay for most DLC and Arcade Games, Yeah teh demo's are nice and dont even get me started on Avatar clothing. The main thing that brought how much of a tool i am to my attention is that there is Some DLC coming out for Left4dead here soon, PC users get the DLC for free, BUT 360 users have to pay around 500 MS points to get the exact same content

Arcade games and whatnot shouldn't always be free. Particularly Arcade games which are standalone so the companies that make them have to get paid somehow anyway. DLC is debatable, but mostly it'll cost money for either the download or hard copy of it (Like extra Halo maps). The L4D is an exception, which is a bit annoying, but it doesn't really bother me too much.

Spending money on avatar clothing is just plain retarded, but hey, if you don't want to, then don't. It's not like it's forcing you to spend money to get new clothing.

Yeah, Microsoft is greedy, this is true, but they also offer a good product that you choose to partake in if you so want. You may feel like a tool, and if so, then don't pay anymore, sell your 360, get a PS3. I still feel fine with the way things are, nothing so far has exactly struck me as outrageous.

BBS Signature
molton44
molton44
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 05:02:41

At 10/8/09 04:46 AM, StarF68 wrote:
At 10/8/09 04:39 AM, molton44 wrote:

Yeah, Microsoft is greedy, this is true, but they also offer a good product that you choose to partake in if you so want. You may feel like a tool, and if so, then don't pay anymore, sell your 360, get a PS3. I still feel fine with the way things are, nothing so far has exactly struck me as outrageous.

For the money we pay just to use live think we should get somthing other than just Aegis Wing for free. Becaus our money we GIVE them really isnt going anywhere other than in Bill's Deep deep pockets

Punk Rock Reviews

BBS Signature
Leidolfr
Leidolfr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 05:04:10

At 10/8/09 04:17 AM, molton44 wrote: Becaus i feel like such a tool paying for Xbox live. Anybody else feel the same?

Ive always Hated Xbox, I hate the controller, actually, I Hate everything about it, and would always buy playstation

Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 05:10:00

There was none of this fucking nonsense when the Megadrive and NES was about. God, what the fuck went wrong?

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
boss30
boss30
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 05:28:18

xbox live is better cuse u can use microsoft points whilst ps3 users have to pay with real money

(talk about phlishers)

StarF68
StarF68
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 05:29:09

At 10/8/09 05:28 AM, boss30 wrote: xbox live is better cuse u can use microsoft points whilst ps3 users have to pay with real money

(talk about phlishers)

Uhh... You have to buy microsoft points, with real money.

Probably something you should be aware of.

BBS Signature
Jaketheclonetrooper
Jaketheclonetrooper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 09:07:07

At 10/8/09 05:29 AM, StarF68 wrote:
At 10/8/09 05:28 AM, boss30 wrote: xbox live is better cuse u can use microsoft points whilst ps3 users have to pay with real money

(talk about phlishers)
Uhh... You have to buy microsoft points, with real money.

Probably something you should be aware of.

Doubt those prepaid cards in Gamestop are phishing scams.

In fact, I think I've just thought of a way to make money. Be right back.

OMGhaxedlol
OMGhaxedlol
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Melancholy
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 09:09:48

Before this escalates into console wars i will end it:-
PS3 = is good because of its higher graphics capabillities and reliabillity, aswell as a user-friendly networking system
Xbox = is good because it has Halo and a generally more user friendly interface and the ability to play music in-game
Wii = is good because you can download various channels to use at any one time and it has a great array of childrens games
:D

Jaketheclonetrooper
Jaketheclonetrooper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 09:15:27

At 10/8/09 09:09 AM, OMGhaxedlol wrote: Before this escalates into console wars i will end it:-
PS3 = is good because of its higher graphics capabillities and reliabillity, aswell as a user-friendly networking system
Xbox = is good because it has Halo and a generally more user friendly interface and the ability to play music in-game
Wii = is good because you can download various channels to use at any one time and it has a great array of childrens games
D

Sorry , but I believe you've made it even worse.

1. PS3 does not have better graphics.

2. Halo is not the only game on the 360, and is not the best game in the world. And if you want to play music while in-game, use an mp3 player or your computer.

3. The Wii having a lot of kid's games is not a pro for most people here on Newgrounds.

Innermike
Innermike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 09:31:52

At 10/8/09 09:09 AM, OMGhaxedlol wrote: Before this escalates into console wars i will end it:-
D

Your fucking stupid
1. yes the PS3 does have higher graphics capabilities and the games can store more data on them because of blu ray but the difference is unoticable
2.Halo ? WTF!!! if you buy a console for one game your not rich or eccentric your just stupid , i would much prefer MGS4 to halo 3/ ODSTs or reach , also the User interface is not only a rip off of the XMB and the avatars are taken from wii but i find it on par with PS3.
3. The wii is NEVER good

Nuff said

nobody

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Shouldve bought a playstation. 2009-10-08 09:34:40

www.newgrounds.com/bbs/forum/15

Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]