Be a Supporter!

telekinesis, Is it Possible ?

  • 3,311 Views
  • 28 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Armour
Armour
  • Member since: Jun. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Filmmaker
telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:02 PM Reply

I have recently watched the movie called " Push ", Yes it was an awesome movie.

Right now i had nothing better else to do but just do some research about this " Telekinesis "

scientifically speaking all it is , is you amiting a bigger electro static feild around your body.., The bigger this invisible feild the more obviously you would be able to lift and do.

Have a look at this, This seemed pretty convincing to me.
Link

All of us could use this amazing power...
And obviously it would not be like in the movies, You would get tired and would have to use it with all your strength, Until we learn how to use it as well as we learnt how to sprint after which we jog because we get tired.

Everyone could do this without performing telekinesis because all of us have this feild.

Make this and and get your hand very close to it after which you must close your eyes and imagine it moving...Dont think about the process and you must tence your hand.

telekinesis, Is it Possible ?

Yhtomit
Yhtomit
  • Member since: Jan. 27, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Animator
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:04 PM Reply

No, it is not possible.

Everyone can now sleep in peace.

kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Member since: Jul. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Musician
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:04 PM Reply

It's not possible, go fap to your sci-fi porn.


SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
Armour
Armour
  • Member since: Jun. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Filmmaker
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:06 PM Reply

At 10/3/09 01:04 PM, kiljoy96 wrote: It's not possible, go fap to your sci-fi porn.

I Shall !

Oracun
Oracun
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:10 PM Reply

Yeah sure just look at my friend fire his Hadoken.

telekinesis, Is it Possible ?

ifureadthisdie
ifureadthisdie
  • Member since: Feb. 9, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Animator
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:46 PM Reply

I think id pop blood vessels trying to do that..


The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature
Danavers
Danavers
  • Member since: Jun. 7, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:49 PM Reply

I'm pretty sure if it was possible everyone would be doing it.


BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 02:10 PM Reply

I've seen enough James Randi videos to know that there's no scientific evidence for it. However, I do recall going to a forum that talked about how some scientists were talking about it could be possible by using scientific stuff. Poor James Randi (he's dying, by the way).


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 02:14 PM Reply

You're wrong. It's not possible.

Also, that movie was a MASSIVE let down for me. Utter shit.
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Member since: Feb. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 02:26 PM Reply

How fucking stupid do you have to be to think this is true. Common sense and basic logic can tell anyone that this is fucking impossible. Objects can be acted upon by an outside source but you can't just think about something and it starts moving. Also people who believe in this constantly state that it's possible because only 10%-20% of the brain is used, and if you were to use all of it then immense amounts of energy could be utilized to move objects. Well that one is just universally false. ALL of the brain is used. And thinking doesn't allow you to manipulate energy. No, this is just another one for retarded conspiracy theorists.

luigipwnsmario
luigipwnsmario
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:09 PM Reply

I say we wait a few hundred years until we evolve into anthromorphic fish creatures with strange psycokinetic powers.


Bread makes you FAT!?

BBS Signature
Obvious-M
Obvious-M
  • Member since: Dec. 4, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:21 PM Reply

Are you genuinely asking whether it is possible to move things with your mind?


Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature
Crink
Crink
  • Member since: Feb. 16, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:24 PM Reply

That video was on Derren brown...

Apparently she has magnetz in her bra.


hey

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Member since: May. 28, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Artist
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:49 PM Reply

No, it is not possible.

Feel free to try though.

Chdonga
Chdonga
  • Member since: Mar. 24, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Game Developer
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:38 PM Reply

It's possible, but since we're too lazy to try it, we just say it's impossible.


BBS Signature
Rad
Rad
  • Member since: Nov. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:39 PM Reply

Sadly, telekinesis is not possible. I should know, I tried.


First blood! First topic of 2010!
KC Green has just won my heart.
Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

SohlTofang
SohlTofang
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:45 PM Reply

HEY!, I totally could the other day.... I mean just because I was on acid, and drunk, and hadn't slept in 12 days doesn't mean it didn't work!


Fucking crazy, and proud.
Your god is a fraud!

BBS Signature
Xhizorz
Xhizorz
  • Member since: Oct. 3, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:46 PM Reply

Well...

Its not humanly possible cause maybe it has something to do with humans only using 10% of their brain so yeah. OK enough of my sci-fi bulls#it.
so its not possible.


EVERYTIME YOU DOUBLEPOST, GOD KILLS A KITTEN

BBS Signature
naronic
naronic
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:49 PM Reply

THA'D BE SOOOO FUCKIN COOL MAN!!!

all these non-believers

BBS Signature
mystro
mystro
  • Member since: Nov. 2, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:50 PM Reply

i have it

it is a blessing and yet a burden

jake-thesnake
jake-thesnake
  • Member since: Dec. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Artist
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 04:53 PM Reply

At 10/3/09 02:14 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: You're wrong. It's not possible.

Also, that movie was a MASSIVE let down for me. Utter shit.

Yea, and did you notice that all of the objects she was "moving" were made of metal?
That was a waste of my time, Telekinesis doesn't exist.


|Foxes Club| |I VOICE ACT.|
PSN ID: jake-thesnake_ng XBL: SFC Fox Paw

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Member since: Apr. 1, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 05:07 PM Reply

Watch Derren Brown this friday, I think it has something to do with it.


MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Kwing
Kwing
  • Member since: Jul. 24, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 05:48 PM Reply

Sometimes people really piss me off. Science is the attempt to understand what we do not. It's what we call human advances despite the fact that we still think of levitation or telekinesis (even with the explanation of vibrational activity) to be an impossibility. Before we called it magic, now we call it a myth. That's why I'm a misanthrope: Because mankind is still as stupid and narrow-minded as it always was.

Science was never about proving anything for sure; it was about finding as much evidence as possible and never dismissing any possibility under any circumstances.

Given the right circumstances, anything is possible but most things are extremely improbable.

String theory ftw!

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.
Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Evark
Evark
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 55
Musician
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:07 PM Reply

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/2005111 6/1156237.shtml

Ok, here's how it is: telekinesis IS possible. ONLY in denotative meaning, not connotative. When someone says they want to move something telekinetically, they are implying that they want to be able to do so without the use of anything to assist them in that task. This is impossible.

However, as technology advances and our understanding of the world around us grows, products will emerge that allow us functional telekinesis or telepathy. The article I linked above links to a study where they had monkeys controlling an arm seemingly only with their mind. This is true, but the process by which it's done is more similar to the way you learn to manipulate your limbs as a child.


BBS Signature
poxpower
poxpower
  • Member since: Dec. 2, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 10/3/09 01:02 PM, kaywire wrote:
scientifically speaking all it is , is you amiting a bigger electro static feild around your body..,

haha wow. For that sort of power to exist, you'd need to severly bend the laws of the universe because as far as I know, there's no a single machine that comes even close to doing those sorts of effects other than ENORMOUS magnetic field-generating machines that generate a field so powerful they can levitate small things like a spider.

The energy required to do this would be equivalent to ... probably dozens of pounds of fat per second. The fact that she just sits around doing this can clue you in to the fact that either she's got a trick ( duh ) or is bending the laws of the universe.

All of us could use this amazing power...

Yeah let me know when you've done it and you can win a million dollars off James Randi.

At 10/3/09 04:38 PM, Chdonga wrote: It's possible, but since we're too lazy to try it, we just say it's impossible.

So how do you know it's possible?

At 10/3/09 05:48 PM, Kwing wrote: That's why I'm a misanthrope: Because mankind is still as stupid and narrow-minded as it always was.

You are a dolt.
the end


BBS Signature
Minty-Hippo
Minty-Hippo
  • Member since: Nov. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Melancholy
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:12 PM Reply

There is no evidence it's true.

There is even more evidence it's not true.


How did this get here? I am not good with internet.

BBS Signature
LTmatt
LTmatt
  • Member since: Sep. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:14 PM Reply

If you eat enough shrooms it's possible.


BBS Signature
walterwagner
walterwagner
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Reader
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:16 PM Reply

At 10/3/09 01:49 PM, Danavers wrote: I'm pretty sure if it was possible everyone would be doing it.

So as most of you know Homosapians use only about 10% of there brain so say if we used about 50% we would be able to and the illusionists like david copper field HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT there just mind fucking your brain :)


I Know Drugs, I Know Video Games, I Know Rap, I Know Dru- wait...nevermind. Feel free to discuss any of these with me

BBS Signature
JKMonkey
JKMonkey
  • Member since: Apr. 5, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Art Lover
Response to telekinesis, Is it Possible ? Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 06:34 PM Reply

No Telekinesis is not possible, never will be.

why dont you go an try?

|"My dick was in the Guinness Boom of World Records... Then I left the library.|

BBS Signature