00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Movie Ads

535 Views | 7 Replies

Movie Ads 2009-10-01 12:09:50

Recently I've noticed that when I click on a flash to view, there is an ad that automatically plays halfway down the page. Anyway to turn these off? They always have sound on and it messes with the way the flash movies load, etc etc. I mute it every time and it always goes right back up within the next flash I view. I find it very annoying to have to deal with 3 ads per flash. And some of the ads on the front page take me to a completely different site so I have to go on this site by typing the url to my NG page just to do stuff on here. Am I the only one thinking the advertising is being taken a bit too far? I mean 3 ads per click? It's ridiculous IMO

Response to Movie Ads 2009-10-01 12:22:48

At 10/1/09 12:11 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: Having ads is a good thing because it keeps the site up and running. If you have an issue with any particular ad ruining your viewing experience by automatically playing music, I'm sure the administration would want to do something about it if they could... do you know what the ad was for and can you confirm you don't have adware on your computer?

I don't mind the ads in general because I realize it keeps the site running by paying and hosting it. It's always the arm and hammer one that pops up. Every flash I view has the same arm and hammer ad right below the place where you rate the flash. If it was muted or something I wouldn't mind but the beginning of the flashes without a play button are never heard due to the ad.

Response to Movie Ads 2009-10-01 12:50:45

We are attempting to rectify this issue. Please read my comments here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1108 330/2

Response to Movie Ads 2009-10-01 13:01:18

Oh I didn't see that thread. I looked down the general forum page and didn't see any topics relating to it so I figured it wasn't addressed yet. I apologize for wasting thread space. You can close/delete this if you want haha. Thanks for the help

Response to Movie Ads 2009-10-01 13:22:26

The reason the ads are there is to increase revenue from what we're getting. You'll have probably noticed there's tons of other advertisements of the like around here that play before that flash/game loads. You just have to wait a few seconds and click, "Skip this ad".

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Response to Movie Ads 2009-10-01 13:27:42

At 10/1/09 01:01 PM, denverbroncos59 wrote: Oh I didn't see that thread. I looked down the general forum page and didn't see any topics relating to it so I figured it wasn't addressed yet. I apologize for wasting thread space. You can close/delete this if you want haha. Thanks for the help

You have absolutely no reason to apologise, that thread was a day or two old and would have disappeared into the abyss of the general forum by now. I just wanted to point out that this issue has been raised and that we're aware of it. :)

Response to Movie Ads 2009-10-01 13:32:20

And, there's a possibility that Tom Fulp doesn't know about these. Because... Well, he took a vacation.

BBS Signature

Response to Movie Ads 2009-10-02 12:16:53

At 10/1/09 01:30 PM, citricsquid wrote: The user isn't complaining about that, while you're right that the adverts are here to pay for Newgrounds, the specific adverts mentioned in the topic are "problem" adverts that shouldn't be there, adverts shouldn't be giving out sound without any user intervention and Tom has said he doesn't like these, they'll be gone soon enough :)

Oh, thank you for pointing that out. I didn't know that's what was being referred to here. I'm glad that Tom is against these ads and hopefully they will be taken down as the ones that are there already (with the "skip this ad") can be irritating enough.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock