00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

robot workshop art collab

4,069 Views | 62 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

robot workshop art collab 2009-09-30 17:07:10

iv had this idea in my head for a few days and the recent thread about the lack of stuff to do in the art forum prompted me to post this
what is it
for this collab all you have to do is draw a robot, it can be any type of robot, humanoid, mech any type as long as its your design, i will be lenient and allow some organic stuff but the majority of the drawing has to be robot, thats why its not the cyborg collab
there will be room for around 100 entries

holy shit 100

yes you heard correct,when its finished ill post it on my art page, dont worry ill put your names in the description with links, now on with the show
rules
= dimensions are 500 by 600 or anything under, but dont make it miniscule because then ill have to size it up blah blah
= make sure the drawing has relatively smooth edges iv got to cut it out in photoshop as you can understand, i will be lenient im not a hardass
= quality over quantity, there is no limit to how many pictures each person can do for this, but if i see them as crappy then there not getting in
= the drawing has to be your design, obvious and it has to be made for this collab specifically
= please have the view from straight ahead, poses and view position eg facing away i dont care about, i just dont want shots from like the top down, it wont look right
= dont have a really cool background its just gunna get cut out anyway
= yes you can post your pictures on your art page i dont care
thats about it i think if theres any questions then pm me im usually around, the forum somewhere
ill post something about the background later on and ill probably post a deadline sometime in november or later so you got loads of time

compulsory rushed picture

hopefully this works out and have fun

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-09-30 17:09:48

Boo yah, count me in! But what type of bot. . . I shall brainstorm, but good idea I think this will be cool.

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-09-30 17:11:16

before anyone asks i did run this by a mod, i sent the idea to renaenae, and she said with an alright start pic its ok.
and to tell the truth iv seen worse start pics, enough with me, i forgot to say ill keep a list of whos in on my userpage because many users wonder about that

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-09-30 17:12:55

Woo, sounds good man, I'm down.

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-09-30 17:25:36

i forgot one of the most important bits, if the high quality full size wont fit here post the high quality on either imageshack or filefront but make sure to post a version in the thread so i can see

like other collabs

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-09-30 17:53:51

This has my name written all over it.
Expect at least one design by tomorrow evening.

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-09-30 21:07:49

I have a question!

What about automatons? Granted, there aren't any electronics but 'they are the first mechanical robots.

I'm asking because some people view them as mere simple toys, even though its realy hard to replicate smooth and realistic movements in this modern times.

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-01 11:02:28

Go on then, hopefully I'll be interested in this enough to actually do it.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-01 11:35:02

hello

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-01 12:21:46

i hate you, you hate me .. may i join :D

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-01 12:22:41

My first entry.
If you want, I'll save you a crapload of trouble with the cleanup and send you an xcf or psd file with transparancy included.

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-01 14:17:34

Come on, people, speed things up a bit!

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-01 14:27:02

At 9/30/09 09:07 PM, Emerald-Mara85 wrote: I have a question!

What about automatons? Granted, there aren't any electronics but 'they are the first mechanical robots.

I'm asking because some people view them as mere simple toys, even though its realy hard to replicate smooth and realistic movements in this modern times.

yh clockwork, steampunk whatever style you want follow zanroths example, those who can, post on imageshack or whatever a psd with art on a seperate layer so i can just cut it out without much effort those who cant dont worry, and zanroth awesome art your on a roll
remember to post a pic here though and the link
thanks shuda said that earlier i thought about it at college, psd with seperate layers or jpg

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-01 14:31:45

At 10/1/09 11:35 AM, idiot-monarch wrote: hello

i cant cut that out and hello

At 10/1/09 12:21 PM, kebabh wrote: i hate you, you hate me .. may i join :D

i dont hate you i just dislike your art, if you spend time on it then yes you may

the collabs getting more interest than i thought

shows how much i believed in the idea

double post sorry

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-01 15:23:32

For the first, here's the psd:
Entry 1 psd

-Layer 1: Logo
-Layer 2: Line art
-Layer 3: Colors
-Layer 4: white background

The second...
I'm afraid I messed up a bit on the layer settings.
I'll try cutting it out a bit myself while working on a possible third entry.

What happens if you get more than 100 entries?

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-01 16:13:47

Count me in!

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-01 16:14:11

At 10/1/09 03:23 PM, Zanroth wrote: For the first, here's the psd:
Entry 1 psd

-Layer 1: Logo
-Layer 2: Line art
-Layer 3: Colors
-Layer 4: white background

The second...
I'm afraid I messed up a bit on the layer settings.
I'll try cutting it out a bit myself while working on a possible third entry.

What happens if you get more than 100 entries?

i dont care about the layers as long as its art on top layer and clear seperate background
and if i get more than 100 good entries 1 i will be very surprised and ill either find some room or start robot workshop 2 i dont know, most collabs dont get that many entries

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-02 17:54:40

Here's a third

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-02 18:00:46

Sorry for double posting..
I posted the wrong version.

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-02 18:04:16

At 10/2/09 05:54 PM, Zanroth wrote: Here's a third

no psd oh well thats my job anyway dont worry, awesome job all yours are in so far, you work quick, anyone else?

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-02 18:14:01

At 10/2/09 06:04 PM, ashman112 wrote:
no psd oh well thats my job anyway dont worry, awesome job all yours are in so far, you work quick, anyone else?

My bad!
psd for third entry

Well, someone needs to bump this topic from time to time, to keep it on first page
We do need more people drawing robots here.

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-02 18:17:02

At 10/2/09 06:14 PM, Zanroth wrote:
At 10/2/09 06:04 PM, ashman112 wrote:
My bad!
psd for third entry

Well, someone needs to bump this topic from time to time, to keep it on first page
We do need more people drawing robots here.

thx and yh as long as it keeps on the first page its alright, theres a few signups already so looking good

never fear this is not the grim art collab

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-02 19:52:22

At 10/2/09 07:01 PM, flyingmonkey456 wrote: will this be submitted to the flash portal? i could code something for you if you need it (although i'm sure there are a trillion other people).

i might make a submission, it depends how bored i get with everything else.

no art portal, if sno doesnt hurry then this will be the first collab in the art portal, i feel its the way the art forum will go, and it will get more interest in the art forum hopefully

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-03 17:05:04

Bump...
I mean new entry!

psd

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-03 17:48:39

heres just a sketch of mine XD might not show up well cause my scanner is broken atm

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-03 17:52:44

and obv i will have to put some more detail in it when i do a touch up on photoshop

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-03 17:59:07

At 10/3/09 05:52 PM, darkhydra1 wrote: and obv i will have to put some more detail in it when i do a touch up on photoshop

please tell me your outlining it in photoshop and colouring it, if not dont bother, if you are then thats good so far

in other news should have an update on what the background should look like for you guys to judge soon, i was thinking either factory or warehouse, really modern though

ash out for today

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-03 18:06:03

At 10/3/09 05:59 PM, ashman112 wrote:
At 10/3/09 05:52 PM, darkhydra1 wrote: and obv i will have to put some more detail in it when i do a touch up on photoshop
please tell me your outlining it in photoshop and colouring it, if not dont bother, if you are then thats good so far

in other news should have an update on what the background should look like for you guys to judge soon, i was thinking either factory or warehouse, really modern though
ash out for today

yeah im going to make the outline on it better so its more visible , i mean the only reason its so crappy looking there is cause its a photo i took

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-03 18:12:00

At 10/3/09 06:06 PM, darkhydra1 wrote:
yeah im going to make the outline on it better so its more visible , i mean the only reason its so crappy looking there is cause its a photo i took

ok people dont do psds i dont have the patience to download them

sorry zanroth

ill cut em out myself, if the jpg wont fit here, which it should really the hosting sites in the first post are your best bet, thanks

zanroth all yours are in, hydra it looks good so im gunna say in for now
anybody else want some of this?

Response to robot workshop art collab 2009-10-03 18:17:04

whats some of this ?