• 174 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 07:44 AM Reply

At 10/18/09 09:17 PM, M-Vero wrote: Lundsfryd, don't forget to submit the high quality to the art portal.

Done

3 points for Sonny
2 points for On the Moon
1 point for Super Meatboy

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
de-cider
de-cider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 08:02 AM Reply

3 points Super Meat Boy
2 points Microscopic Pancakes
1 point Sonny :)

Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 09:13 AM Reply

1st super meat boy
2nd sonny
3rd pancakes mmm

cant remember artists
idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 09:15 AM Reply

Awesome job, AwesomeSaurus :)

3 point for FlashyGregory and Henry-Nougat (On The Moon)
2 ponts for DooDooMeat and J-qb (Sonny)
1 point for Lundsfryd and M-Vero (Pancakes)

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
InTheBlue
InTheBlue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 11:07 AM Reply

For the mind-boggling 3 points-ON THE MOON!

For an brilliant 2 points-THESE PANCAKES ARE MICROSCOPIC!

And for an awesome 1 point-SUPER MEATBOY!

There.

ARTARTART If home is where the heart is, then aren't you screwed.

BBS Signature
TurkeyOnAStick
TurkeyOnAStick
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 25
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 01:00 PM Reply

1st - Tiny Pancakes
2nd - On The Moon
3rd - Meat Boy

(PS. Whoever wins gets FP!)

BBS Signature
FlashyGregory
FlashyGregory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 02:45 PM Reply

3 points- These Pancakes Are Microscopic
2 points- Sonny
1 point- Super Meat Boy

AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 10/19/09 01:00 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: (PS. Whoever wins gets FP!)

Oh man! Thats pretty some pretty sweet icing on the cake to top off making quality entries!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1) 3 Points - On the Moon! - I have to admit that I had not seen nor heard of this series until you guys made this poster, and I watched the whole thing straight though! You guys really captured the style and randomness of the series, I love how you have the objects floating in the background like the flash does! Also, I believe yours looks the most like a real movie poster, and it is really clean and fun to look at!

2) 2 Points - These Pancakes Are Tiny 2 Another flash I hadn't seen, but now absolutely love. You used all the same colors from the flash, and it is really cool that you decided to put in real actors! I also like the use of the tiny pancakes as the bottom border, It was put together very well overall.

3) 1 Point - Sonny Very nicely done, and a great feel to it. It really almost creeps you out with that face. I kind of wish the tape in the foreground was a bit brighter, being that it is closer to us, and maybe some green ambient light since his eyes are glowing so much. The textures are great, as well as the coloring and line art. (DooDoo would you please add 2 things to the portal so you can get scouted already! gosh! :p)

- - - - - - - -
Castle - Very well done, it really is a shame you got bailed on :/ but I am glad you finished it up anyway. I always liked that series and you did it great justice!

Tankmen - Cool concept, and interesting character re-design. I think he could've used some more shading, and some things in the upper background. The lettering is really awesome though, and your slogan made me laugh for sure!

Sketchbook Tour - I couldn't tell if you guys were done or not when I threw it in the voting thread, but it definitely needed some more time put into it. I like the idea though, (poor Luis!) but I think you could have done some more with it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Great entries, and we met a deadline for once. Everyone deserves a pat on the back for a fantastic turnout. I hope to see you all entering Showdown 9! I'll post the final tally on Thursday, probably right at 12 AM.

Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 04:24 PM Reply

Hmm to vote or not to vote.
Vote and possibly fuck Lundsfryd and myself over, or not.
3. M for Meat-tastic. They are both painted, and the styles go well together and dr. fetus looks awesome.

2. On the moon, captured the style perfectly, though a bit to empty for me in the back, though it is space.

1. Castle, I gotta say you did damn well for carrying out on your own, I couldn't come up with a decent set up to save my life (thank you Lundsfryd)

Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 10/19/09 01:00 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: (PS. Whoever wins gets FP!)

First place? Face Palm? Frosted Pickles?

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 10/19/09 05:19 PM, Lundsfryd wrote:
First place? Face Palm? Frosted Pickles?

Front Page! Haha frosted pickles though. . . mmmm

J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 05:30 PM Reply

whats FP?

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 19th, 2009 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At 10/19/09 05:30 PM, J-qb wrote:
whats FP?

whoopsie

BBS Signature
AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:08 AM Reply

Voting is over!

The results are in! This one was real close!

Honorable mention, with 1 point - Castle by Re2deemer

In third place, with 12 points - Sonny by J-qb and DooDooMeat!

In second place, with 19 points - These Pancakes Are Tiny 2 by Lundsfryd and M-Vero!

And in a tie, with 20 points each, its On the Moon! by FlashyGregory and Henry- Nougat. . . .AND. . . Super Meat Boy by idiot-monarch and AwesomeSaurus!

Great job by all!
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
New thread up tomorrow! Hope to see you all gettin' down!

dunno what you wanna do about the frontpage thing, TOAS, its up to you!
ReNaeNae
ReNaeNae
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:21 AM Reply

dammit! I meant to vote... woulda broke that tie... oh well! Congrats to the winners! ...and a big woO! to everyone else that finished!!! ...good stuff! :D

Captain
Captain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 22nd, 2009 @ 12:51 AM Reply

At 10/22/09 12:08 AM, AwesomeSaurus wrote:

Beat Turkey to it! I FP'd Meatboy but it doesn't look like gregory or henry have uploaded their submission to that art portal, so it couldn't be put on the FP :c

upload it damnit!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature
FlashyGregory
FlashyGregory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:20 AM Reply

At 10/22/09 12:51 AM, Captain-Ben wrote:
At 10/22/09 12:08 AM, AwesomeSaurus wrote:
Beat Turkey to it! I FP'd Meatboy but it doesn't look like gregory or henry have uploaded their submission to that art portal, so it couldn't be put on the FP :c

upload it damnit!

I did! Its uploaded, check my profile!

Henry-nougat
Henry-nougat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:20 AM Reply

Flashygreg should have it in his art portal he posted it last week :D

My Art. Enjoy Life

BBS Signature
Henry-nougat
Henry-nougat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 22nd, 2009 @ 01:21 AM Reply

At 10/22/09 01:20 AM, FlashyGregory wrote: I did! Its uploaded, check my profile!

lol posted at the same time

My Art. Enjoy Life

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:36 AM Reply

Congrats to the winners and YAY for third place....
Seems I`m dropping one place down every week.

I suggest everybody refuses to team up with me in the next one, cause it`ll get you fourth place for sure.

BBS Signature
de-cider
de-cider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 22nd, 2009 @ 09:12 AM Reply

Congrats FlashyGregory, Henry- Nougat, Idiot-monarch and AwesomeSaurus! Awesome work everyone :)

I'll be sure to sign up this week!

Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 22nd, 2009 @ 03:15 PM Reply

CONGLATURATIONS!!

not all caps
Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 22nd, 2009 @ 03:19 PM Reply

....Oh fuck
I forgot to vote.
Well, congratulations to the winning duos.

And J-qb and Doodoomeat: if it makes you feel any better, you would have had my 3-point vote. I always felt like the image had , despite the excessive texturing, the most atmosphere

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 22nd, 2009 @ 04:33 PM Reply

At 10/22/09 03:19 PM, Re2deemer wrote: ....Oh fuck
I forgot to vote.
Well, congratulations to the winning duos.

And J-qb and Doodoomeat: if it makes you feel any better, you would have had my 3-point vote. I always felt like the image had , despite the excessive texturing, the most atmosphere

well thanks, its always nice to know that poeple like your artwork. Although I must say the competition was very stiff this week!

BBS Signature
Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Oct. 22nd, 2009 @ 04:40 PM Reply

Are you guys serious, castle only got 1 vote? cold guys, it wasn't that bad.

lol stiff