New Topic Respond to this Topic
AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 12:59 AM Reply

With voting over for Doubles Showdown 7, a new challenge arises! These are the same rules from last time, so for the newbies looking to jump in the pool MAKE SURE YOU READ THEM!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Number 1 ultimate rule: PLEASE BE SERIOUS ABOUT JOINING!
- This is because you are not alone in your participation, but you must think that without you, your partner is sure to fail. This is unfair to them if you end up crapping out. The set 2 week time limit is generous enough that you can complete a piece, even if you live in separate time zones.

2 - All entrants will be screened. Thats right! Not to be a stalker, but I will be looking through everyones profile/posts to find some of your artwork to gauge your ability/dedication to actual effort. This is not to be cruel, and I am not looking for the next Da Vinci, but to assure that the #1 ultimate rule stays intact. If you have not been selected to join, you will be notified via PM. If there is enough people who have been "ousted" I may use these people in another random team drawing among themselves, as long as there are no objections. Take note that your partner may be unreliable/a stick figure spammer, but if you are included in this category, we will go over it in PM's.

3 - This is to promote cooperation, create a great collaboration piece, and make new friends! Have fun with the project; be competitive, but don't get carried away/bitch at your partner. It is necessary to use an instant messenger client, e-mail, or at the very least the Newgrounds PM system (which you can provide links to your .psd/.fla/.etc file on megaupload or some other hosting site) You need to be able to communicate, and if you are not cool with that, then why would you want to participate in a collaboration project anyway?

4 - IMPORTANT! - If you do not respond to your partner within 3 days after teams are sorted, YOU ARE SUBJECT TO LOSE YOUR PARTNER! Let me know if you have extenuating circumstances, but make contact ASAP. If you are left partnerless, you will be put into a re-draw. This is a double check against the #1 ultimate rule!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Here are some familiar rules that also apply:

Photoshop, Flash, Painter, Gimp, and other art programs are a must, unless you are an exquisite MSpaint artist, or have a scanner/digital camera.
- It is recommended that you provide a link to a higher quality image
- Once you know who your partner is, PM them with your contact info (Instant Messanger, e-mail, etc.)
you another partner, but I really am hoping this doesn't happen.
- Abide by all NG art forum and site rules
- BOTH artists must contribute!
- Give a description of what it is, and who did what in your piece!
- - - - - -
Okay, so now that all that good stuff is outta the way. Here's how it works!

Until Thursday, October 1st, at 11:59 PM US Eastern time, you are to post in this thread letting me know that you are "in." On Friday the 2nd, I will write down the entrants onto tiny little pieces of paper, crumple the hell out of them, and throw them into a hat. I will then be picking the teams at total random! Don't bitch about your partner please.

From that October the 2nd, you have until Sunday, October 18, 11:59 PM US eastern time. to complete your team's piece. This is a few days longer than the normal 2 weeks, so it should require no extension.
- - - - - - -
Now to the Theme of this Showdown!
Newgrounds Themed Movie/Game Poster!

- AWESOME! We get to make a fan poster of our favorite NG games and movies! So take any series or standalone flash that you and your partner agree on, and make a cool poster about it! You can use text to advertise for it in a way, be creative and plan it out first. And, if you are thinking it might be cool to get it printed for fun or something, make sure you work in a large pixel size. The point of Doubles is to work together on a single work of art, so try and send it back and forth as much as possible!

If you think I forgot something, or have a quarrel with some of the rules, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will try and straighten it out.

- - - - - - - - -
Doubles 7: Live action to Illustration results!

In third place, with 13 points, it is Lundsfryd and DooDooMeat, for their Dirty Job !

In second place, with 16 delicious points, it's J-qb and kernalphage, with James Bombed!!

And your winner of Doubles 7, with 21 votes, TurkeyOnAStick and AwesomeSaurus! (see attached)

thanks a bunch for all your votes, guys and gals! And thank you TOAS for your amazing work!

The rest of the points went as follows:

Rhunyc and ashman112 - 9 points
idiot-monarch and Fatchaos - 7 points
LegolaSS and Little-Eise - 4 points
Zanroth and MeMB - 1 point

I sincerely hope that everyone had fun with the last one, and will continue to bring that spirit into this Doubles Showdown, the OCHO

Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster

fishboy121
fishboy121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 01:39 AM Reply

May one partake in the joining of said competition.

Drink tea and fuck bitches.

LegolaSS
LegolaSS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 54
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 02:19 AM Reply

im always here if you need me to make up numbers... if there is a total odd number of users... just drop me out...

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 04:46 AM Reply

I would like to join..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
Temariix
Temariix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 07:36 AM Reply

I'm legit, there's time next week to do this. Stick me in the hat ole buddy.

SuperSuperKLC
SuperSuperKLC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 07:53 AM Reply

What do I get for winning?

BBS Signature
Henry-nougat
Henry-nougat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 08:02 AM Reply

Been awhile since I did a showdown and I wasn't fast enough to get in the last one, I would enjoy joining this venture.

My Art. Enjoy Life

BBS Signature
kernalphage
kernalphage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 08:24 AM Reply

Wow. Second ain't bad for never seeing a full Bond film.

Put me in for this month!

At 9/28/09 07:53 AM, SuperSuperKLC wrote: What do I get for winning?

Pride, a sense of accomplishment?
a chance to better your art and work with newgrounds artists?

Fatchaos
Fatchaos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 08:36 AM Reply

At 9/28/09 08:24 AM, kernalphage wrote: Wow. Second ain't bad for never seeing a full Bond film.

Put me in for this month!

At 9/28/09 07:53 AM, SuperSuperKLC wrote: What do I get for winning?
Pride, a sense of accomplishment?
a chance to better your art and work with newgrounds artists?

All that, and even if you do not win (I am sad now XD), you still get a chance to perfect your style, get to work on different subjects ect ect... Aaaaaand learn how to work with people you don't really like... (points violently at idiot-monarch).

However, as for me, I'mma need to skip this Showdown, my spare time is already being non-existent, so I couldn't go at this with full capacity, and if I cannot do that, then it's better to leave it. But, perhaps when SS 9 hits us? Who knows ^^

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.
My art thread, starting from pg 18
See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature
AwesomeSaurus
AwesomeSaurus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 09:14 AM Reply

Sweet! Temariix and the Nougat make their re-appearance! Like kernal and Fatchaos said, there is no prize for winning besides making a new buddy and learning to better your digital art skill set.

Also, thanks for being honest about not having time, it's totally understandable and it definitely shows that you guys know what this is all about; no crappin' out on teammates! And definitely cool points for LegolaSS, for being the odd/even balancer this round.

Please make sure it is clear in your post whether you are really "in" or not, because if it's incomprehensible I won't put ya in the hat!

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 52
Voice Actor
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 09:38 AM Reply

I'd like to be in this round. Hopefully my partner doesn't bail on me this time, or sets ridiculous goals.

Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 09:52 AM Reply

Congrats to TOAS and Awesome and all those that tried.

Sing me up, Saurus! Ain't missing that one.

BBS Signature
J-qb
J-qb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 10:13 AM Reply

Yay second!

At 9/28/09 08:24 AM, kernalphage wrote: Wow. Second ain't bad for never seeing a full Bond film.

Huh, not bad? we were totally king of the hill.... I mean we lost to the host, of course we lost to the host... thats the whole point of him being the host. And do you think it is a coincidence he got teamed up with the mod? wha!

but srsly, thanks for the great linework and the awesome idea KP, and thanks for hosting AS, and thanks for voting everyone else!
I`LL DEFO PARTAKE IN DOUBLES SHOWDOWN 8, I think Ive got myself a name to keep in these doubles now.

hope thats clear enough for ya as ;p

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature
DooDooMeaT
DooDooMeaT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 10:28 AM Reply

I am in! <===illegal text

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 10:45 AM Reply

Ohhhhhhhhhhh sure. I'll do another. ;)

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 11:30 AM Reply

Im in. Sorry for the lateness Kweaks D:

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
InTheBlue
InTheBlue
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 11:35 AM Reply

Count me in :D

ARTARTART If home is where the heart is, then aren't you screwed.

BBS Signature
MeMB
MeMB
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 12:10 PM Reply

Onle one goddamn point for Zanroth and me?

Yeah I think I'll sit this one out.

BBS Signature
Zanroth
Zanroth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 9/28/09 12:10 PM, MeMB wrote: Onle one goddamn point for Zanroth and me?

Yeah I think I'll sit this one out.

We may have finished last, but at least we finished.
((Shame on those certain people that didn't. (You know who you are... O_O )))

I will NOT be joining this one, but I'll definitely join the voting, and likely the next doubles.

DooDooMeaT
DooDooMeaT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 01:04 PM Reply

I didnt even notice, 3rd place!...way to carry the team Lundsfryd :D

Like me on the FaceBook :D

idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 01:16 PM Reply

At 9/28/09 08:36 AM, Fatchaos wrote: However, as for me, I'mma need to skip this Showdown

Fuck yes, it's safe to join.

So...

I'm joining.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
Ashman
Ashman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 01:22 PM Reply

i guess fourth is good, sign me up

Daverom
Daverom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Melancholy
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 03:23 PM Reply

I'll give it a go this time around.

fishboy121
fishboy121
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 03:31 PM Reply

At 9/28/09 01:39 AM, fishboy121 wrote: May one partake in the joining of said competition.

I'm in...Just to clarify

Drink tea and fuck bitches.

Rhunyc
Rhunyc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 04:20 PM Reply

At 9/28/09 01:16 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:
At 9/28/09 08:36 AM, Fatchaos wrote: However, as for me, I'mma need to skip this Showdown

So...

I'm joining.

I lol'd... Your guys' rivalry just makes me giggle.

"Now, I've chased this dream to do what I love - and I wouldn't trade it for a thing. I threw away what naysayers say, and started on a race that I had to win for myself."

BBS Signature
idiot-monarch
idiot-monarch
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 04:35 PM Reply

At 9/28/09 04:20 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 9/28/09 01:16 PM, idiot-monarch wrote:

So...

I'm joining.
I lol'd... Your guys' rivalry just makes me giggle.

We are here to entertain.

And kill eachother's families.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 04:36 PM Reply

At 9/28/09 01:04 PM, DooDooMeaT wrote: I didnt even notice, 3rd place!...way to carry the team Lundsfryd :D

Arr.. It's a 50/50 effort :)

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
FlashyGregory
FlashyGregory
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Artist
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 05:04 PM Reply

I would like to join plz!

GrumpyTom
GrumpyTom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 28th, 2009 @ 05:06 PM Reply

Sign me up.

Housecoat Neck Juts...

BBS Signature
Henry-nougat
Henry-nougat
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Doubles Showdown 8: Ng Theme Poster Sep. 29th, 2009 @ 09:45 PM Reply

With some sexual postage we can keep this thread in the sight of people who have yet to know the fun of showdown!

And I am as hard as the might cobra!

My Art. Enjoy Life

BBS Signature