With voting over for Doubles Showdown 7, a new challenge arises! These are the same rules from last time, so for the newbies looking to jump in the pool MAKE SURE YOU READ THEM!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Number 1 ultimate rule: PLEASE BE SERIOUS ABOUT JOINING!
- This is because you are not alone in your participation, but you must think that without you, your partner is sure to fail. This is unfair to them if you end up crapping out. The set 2 week time limit is generous enough that you can complete a piece, even if you live in separate time zones.
2 - All entrants will be screened. Thats right! Not to be a stalker, but I will be looking through everyones profile/posts to find some of your artwork to gauge your ability/dedication to actual effort. This is not to be cruel, and I am not looking for the next Da Vinci, but to assure that the #1 ultimate rule stays intact. If you have not been selected to join, you will be notified via PM. If there is enough people who have been "ousted" I may use these people in another random team drawing among themselves, as long as there are no objections. Take note that your partner may be unreliable/a stick figure spammer, but if you are included in this category, we will go over it in PM's.
3 - This is to promote cooperation, create a great collaboration piece, and make new friends! Have fun with the project; be competitive, but don't get carried away/bitch at your partner. It is necessary to use an instant messenger client, e-mail, or at the very least the Newgrounds PM system (which you can provide links to your .psd/.fla/.etc file on megaupload or some other hosting site) You need to be able to communicate, and if you are not cool with that, then why would you want to participate in a collaboration project anyway?
4 - IMPORTANT! - If you do not respond to your partner within 3 days after teams are sorted, YOU ARE SUBJECT TO LOSE YOUR PARTNER! Let me know if you have extenuating circumstances, but make contact ASAP. If you are left partnerless, you will be put into a re-draw. This is a double check against the #1 ultimate rule!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Here are some familiar rules that also apply:
Photoshop, Flash, Painter, Gimp, and other art programs are a must, unless you are an exquisite MSpaint artist, or have a scanner/digital camera.
- It is recommended that you provide a link to a higher quality image
- Once you know who your partner is, PM them with your contact info (Instant Messanger, e-mail, etc.)
you another partner, but I really am hoping this doesn't happen.
- Abide by all NG art forum and site rules
- BOTH artists must contribute!
- Give a description of what it is, and who did what in your piece!
- - - - - -
Okay, so now that all that good stuff is outta the way. Here's how it works!
Until Thursday, October 1st, at 11:59 PM US Eastern time, you are to post in this thread letting me know that you are "in." On Friday the 2nd, I will write down the entrants onto tiny little pieces of paper, crumple the hell out of them, and throw them into a hat. I will then be picking the teams at total random! Don't bitch about your partner please.
From that October the 2nd, you have until Sunday, October 18, 11:59 PM US eastern time. to complete your team's piece. This is a few days longer than the normal 2 weeks, so it should require no extension.
- - - - - - -
Now to the Theme of this Showdown!
Newgrounds Themed Movie/Game Poster!
- AWESOME! We get to make a fan poster of our favorite NG games and movies! So take any series or standalone flash that you and your partner agree on, and make a cool poster about it! You can use text to advertise for it in a way, be creative and plan it out first. And, if you are thinking it might be cool to get it printed for fun or something, make sure you work in a large pixel size. The point of Doubles is to work together on a single work of art, so try and send it back and forth as much as possible!
If you think I forgot something, or have a quarrel with some of the rules, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will try and straighten it out.
- - - - - - - - -
Doubles 7: Live action to Illustration results!
In third place, with 13 points, it is Lundsfryd and DooDooMeat, for their Dirty Job !
In second place, with 16 delicious points, it's J-qb and kernalphage, with James Bombed!!
And your winner of Doubles 7, with 21 votes, TurkeyOnAStick and AwesomeSaurus! (see attached)
thanks a bunch for all your votes, guys and gals! And thank you TOAS for your amazing work!
The rest of the points went as follows:
Rhunyc and ashman112 - 9 points
idiot-monarch and Fatchaos - 7 points
LegolaSS and Little-Eise - 4 points
Zanroth and MeMB - 1 point
I sincerely hope that everyone had fun with the last one, and will continue to bring that spirit into this Doubles Showdown, the OCHO