New Topic Respond to this Topic
Balazeal
Balazeal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 07:54 PM Reply

So, I had pre-ordered Halo ODST about 2 weeks ago, under the impression that I would get a Sgt.Johnson code when I came to pickup my game. Well, lo and behold two weeks later I went over to pick up my copy of the game, and Sgt.Johnson, when guess what? I'm told that it was only available to the first hundred people who picked up the game. Bullshit. Of course, they conveniently forgot the mention that when I was originally placing my pre-order. Those lying bastards! They told me that if I pre-ordered the game, I would get the bonus character, simple as that. Of course they lied. Lies, misinformation, call it what you want, I still feel cheated.

Discuss

akmeteor
akmeteor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 07:58 PM Reply

Woo so you don't get to play a character in an overrated game everyone's going to forget about in less then a month. So what?

Well.

Shit.

Balazeal
Balazeal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:00 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 07:58 PM, akmeteor wrote: Woo so you don't get to play a character in an overrated game everyone's going to forget about in less then a month. So what?

Ok, so how about this. Forget the fact that it's Halo, and forget the fact that it's a character. I really don't mind not being able to play as him anymore.

I'm still pissed however, that a retailer lied to me and that I didn't get exactly what I was paying for. Regardless of the game, and additional content, that's still bullshit.

akmeteor
akmeteor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:01 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 08:00 PM, Balazeal wrote:
At 9/22/09 07:58 PM, akmeteor wrote: Woo so you don't get to play a character in an overrated game everyone's going to forget about in less then a month. So what?
Ok, so how about this. Forget the fact that it's Halo, and forget the fact that it's a character. I really don't mind not being able to play as him anymore.

I'm still pissed however, that a retailer lied to me and that I didn't get exactly what I was paying for. Regardless of the game, and additional content, that's still bullshit.

Personally I think preordering ODST was a waste anyway. You'll be able to get it for 14 bucks in about 3 months.

Well.

Shit.

Balazeal
Balazeal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Melancholy
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:06 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 08:01 PM, akmeteor wrote: Personally I think preordering ODST was a waste anyway. You'll be able to get it for 14 bucks in about 3 months.

Well, I'm sure I'll think that way eventually anyways, but hell, I'm a fan of the series, sue me. Let's just forget about the fact that it was ODST, that's not really was this thread's about anyways.

Anyways, wouldn't you be pissed? You go to a retailer to buy a game, they tell you that you're going to get something extra if you pre-order. You go to get the game, they go back on their word, practically saying "Oh, did we say that? Well now we're saying this." The idea is this, this is my money, and I better damn well get what I paid for.

akmeteor
akmeteor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 08:06 PM, Balazeal wrote:
At 9/22/09 08:01 PM, akmeteor wrote: Personally I think preordering ODST was a waste anyway. You'll be able to get it for 14 bucks in about 3 months.
Well, I'm sure I'll think that way eventually anyways, but hell, I'm a fan of the series, sue me. Let's just forget about the fact that it was ODST, that's not really was this thread's about anyways.

Anyways, wouldn't you be pissed? You go to a retailer to buy a game, they tell you that you're going to get something extra if you pre-order. You go to get the game, they go back on their word, practically saying "Oh, did we say that? Well now we're saying this." The idea is this, this is my money, and I better damn well get what I paid for.

You did get what you payed for though. They didn't say PAY 5 MORE DOLLARS AND YOU GET HIM!!! They said you will probably get one. There's a thing called overordering, and it happens quite often.

Well.

Shit.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:23 PM Reply

askemetor. Shut up. You aren`t making valid points.

mrpwnzer
mrpwnzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:39 PM Reply

I would ask myself that, but not make a big deal about it. Who knows, he might dlc anyway

Xbox live: C0n Queso
PSN: A-Spiky-Kitten
Steam: Baby Diesel

BBS Signature
explodingbunnies
explodingbunnies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Melancholy
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:41 PM Reply

Ak, your becoming worse than i am about the halo series.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.
PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:41 PM Reply

Only for the first 100 people who picked it up?

Well now do you see why Microsoft doesn't belong in the video game industry?

Either that or the guys at EB games just forgot that one detail. Everybody makes mistakes.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:46 PM Reply

Yeah. EB Games/GameStop hasn't gotten a penny from me since I went and bought a "new" copy of Katamari Damacy that was scratched to hell and back.

Their whole business model is based off of fucking over gamers. Stop giving them your business.

"A witty quote proves nothing."
~Voltaire

BBS Signature
UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:56 PM Reply

You think that is something? My friend's brother pre-ordered the limited edition one, the one that comes in that big case with the controller for $100. He actually put $50 more towards it. Anyway, apparently someone asked if they had any more limited edition games and they said they only had 1 left but it was sold. The guy said he would pay $500 for his copy, and guess what the EB Games employee did? He sold my friend's bro's copy to the guy!!!! Apparently this has been happening all over the place recently.

Toastman7007
Toastman7007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 08:58 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 08:46 PM, TheShrike wrote: Yeah. EB Games/GameStop hasn't gotten a penny from me since I went and bought a "new" copy of Katamari Damacy that was scratched to hell and back.

Their whole business model is based off of fucking over gamers. Stop giving them your business.

But there is nowhere else to go...

NOTE: if you're not seeing the image like this, then it is because your computer is possessed. You will need force a reload of the internet's lifeline, or kill it completely.

BBS Signature
TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 09:02 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 08:58 PM, Toastman7007 wrote: But there is nowhere else to go...

What? No Best Buy? Target? WalMart? Toys R Us?

THE FUCKING INTERNET?

~Voltaire

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 09:04 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 08:58 PM, Toastman7007 wrote:

Walmart
Best Buy
Target
Amazon
Ebay
etc.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 09:14 PM Reply

WalMart usually sells new games for a couple dollars cheaper. but not for older games. they`re fucking expensive. Buying used games at EB is always good. I get 5 at a time.

And I got QoS for $20 brand new : collector`s edition and the case is all sticky.

Anyways, Amazon might just be the best place to buy Video Games. look at that guide to getting them cheaper someone posted here a while ago :)

it`s amazing how cheap you can get the game to.

Castilveinya
Castilveinya
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 09:17 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 09:04 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote:
At 9/22/09 08:58 PM, Toastman7007 wrote:
Walmart
Best Buy
Target

Those local stores that aren't even video game stores, I never even really find the games that I need to find in those type stores, I'm talking about those used games at Eb.

Good thing I have microplay.

My sig sucks...

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 09:23 PM Reply

Walmart
Best Buy
Target
Amazon
Ebay
etc.
At 9/22/09 09:02 PM, TheShrike wrote:
At 9/22/09 08:58 PM, Toastman7007 wrote: But there is nowhere else to go...
What? No Best Buy? Target? WalMart? Toys R Us?

You're both retarded. None of those stores offer games that are over a year old unless it was a best seller such as Halo 3. With Gamestop, you can wait for a new game's price to go down instead of seeing them disappear forever from the shelves when your too late.

Oh and you can also preorder games, ask the store clerk for information on an upcoming game because they actually know what their doing, you can trade unwanted games for money (even if it's not a lot, you have to remember that you're trading in something that is, and never will be, of any value to you, and finally you can purchase games that came out before this current generation.

What the hell is there not to like about Gamestop? I dare you to tell me.

THE FUCKING INTERNET?

Great prices, true. You can get an old Pokemon game for two dollars...in pieces of course. At least Gamestop checks to make sure used games work.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

headshooter
headshooter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 10:05 PM Reply

Wow. EB Games? It's been a while since I've seen one of those. Where I live, there's only GameStops.

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 09:23 PM, Gustavos wrote: You're both retarded.

Right. Because supporting a retailer who deliberately shafts the customer is so smart.

None of those stores offer games that are over a year old unless it was a best seller such as Halo 3. With Gamestop, you can wait for a new game's price to go down instead of seeing them disappear forever from the shelves when your too late.

So you can wait for the price to drop, but...

Oh and you can also preorder games, ask the store clerk for information on an upcoming game because they actually know what their doing

You go there to pre-order games? What about waiting for the price to drop?

you can trade unwanted games for money (even if it's not a lot, you have to remember that you're trading in something that is, and never will be, of any value to you, and finally you can purchase games that came out before this current generation.

Right, I wouldn't say a game I don't want has no value to me. If I'm going to sell it, I go to the highest bidder, online and off. And since my disks are immaculate, I get a better price selling them myself, much better than any trade-in store could possible give. You may have a valid point about older systems' games, but who buys games for older consoles? Collectors? Anyone else? I've long since sold all my dear old systems, even my beloved dreamcast.

Selling used games as new, the fact that they open stock before selling it, the shitty dollar value they assign to trades, etc. And no, I don't want a magazine subscription, thanks for asking.

Great prices, true. You can get an old Pokemon game for two dollars...in pieces of course. At least Gamestop checks to make sure used games work.

LOL

Who burned you, kiddo? There's actually plenty of reputable places to buy from.

Here's one example: http://www.gameexpress.com/
And those are all *new*, unopened copies, unless explicitly labeled used. I've bought several games I couldn't find at any local resellers, including EBG/GS.

~Voltaire

BBS Signature
burrito15
burrito15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 11:42 PM Reply

EB Games still exists? Im only asking since my local EB Games is now Gamestop.

I didnt get my rooster hat when I pre-ordered Scribblenauts, the mom in front of me took the last one... bitch! >:(

Xbox Live Gamertag: GasMaskedMonkey
Brawl Code: 2922-0254-4856
MK Wii Code: 4640-0123-8303

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 22nd, 2009 @ 11:58 PM Reply

At 9/22/09 09:23 PM, Gustavos wrote:
Walmart
Best Buy
Target
Amazon
Ebay
etc.

?

You're both retarded. None of those stores offer games that are over a year old unless it was a best seller such as Halo 3. With Gamestop, you can wait for a new game's price to go down instead of seeing them disappear forever from the shelves when your too late.

Oh and you can also preorder games, ask the store clerk for information on an upcoming game because they actually know what their doing, you can trade unwanted games for money (even if it's not a lot, you have to remember that you're trading in something that is, and never will be, of any value to you, and finally you can purchase games that came out before this current generation.

Who the hell are you calling retarded? Both Amazon and Ebay offer a range of old a new games. Ebay having a much more vast selection of games. As far as new games are concerned you can go to Amazon, Best Buy and Walmart.

I don't know why I would bother asking about a game to a store clerk when I just do the research from my home computer on the game. I don't need some random person telling me their biased opinion about the game. I can watch and read various reviews and video clips online and decide for myself if it is worth buying/renting.

You can sell your games online and get much more than you ever would from GameStop. I was going to sell my 80 gig PlayStation 3 with a copy of Killzone 2 and they were going to give me $140 for it. What a fuckin' rip off. And you know how much it would be to buy a used PlayStation 3 with a copy of KZ2 from GameStop? A crap load more. It's a rip off and they know it. You would be better off just selling it off to a friend.

You're the "retarded" one in this situation. I never said anything anti-GameStop I just simply listed other places that you could buy games from. Perhaps you should stop being so stupid and ready to pounce on anyone who you think is putting down GameStop. You're a real dumbass.

Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 23rd, 2009 @ 12:06 AM Reply

At 9/22/09 10:07 PM, TheShrike wrote:
Right. Because supporting a retailer who deliberately shafts the customer is so smart.

Gamestop has fulfilled my needs my whole life, and not once have they cheated me. Sure, I don't quite like the clerk who works there right now. Some fatso who only knows about 360 games and nothing about Wii games. He tried to tell me that there were going to be Metroid 1 and 2 remakes on the Wii. The real information is that Metroid Prime 1 and 2 were ported to the Wii in a bundle that Wii known as the Metroid Prime Trilogy that includes all 3 games now with motion control.

Aside from SOME poor choices in who gets to work, Gamestop is damn near flawless. You have two choices in this world if you want good deals on games, sites like Ebay where you can gamble hoping you don't get your game in pieces, or a local Gamestop where you don't have access to ridiculously old games, but you do get fair prices for what's there. Just a few dollars more if you want your game to work. :)

So you can wait for the price to drop, but...

but what??? Do you think you can find a flaw in my words???

You go there to pre-order games? What about waiting for the price to drop?

OH DURR HURR U GOT ME THAR

It's an option. I've actually only preordered three times in my life. LOZ Twilight Princess, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.

Right, I wouldn't say a game I don't want has no value to me. If I'm going to sell it, I go to the highest bidder, online and off. And since my disks are immaculate, I get a better price selling them myself, much better than any trade-in store could possible give.

True, there's a sign of a good businessman/salesman.

You may have a valid point about older systems' games, but who buys games for older consoles? Collectors? Anyone else? I've long since sold all my dear old systems, even my beloved dreamcast.

I don't see how people can really do that. Even when the console serves them no purpose. Like my Gamecube. With a Wii, I don't need it. But I don't want to sell it. I'd rather give it to a friend who has a lack of consoles. Oh shit, I should offer it to Joey.

Anyway, you've even sold PS2 and Gamecube games and such? Geez, I would sure miss some of those classics. The Ratchet games, God of War, Paper Mario 2, my LOZ Collector's Edition which includes four Zelda games.

Selling used games as new,

Prove it. If they really do that, they wouldn't price a used game (labeled as "USED") for only two dollars less than one labeled as "NEW".

the fact that they open stock before selling it,

It's not like they throw out the case, goddamn.

Oh well, I guess they do for GBA games. But how would they fit all those boxes?

Speaking of which, that's the reason Gamestop and EB games no longer sell Fifth Gen (N64 vs. PS1) games. They can't fit every damn game. You have to understand that. A smart thing to do would be making new stores that are two storied. Have the second floor full of really old games, not sell them on Ebay (which is why Ebay almost always has the old game you're looking for).

the shitty dollar value they assign to trades, etc.

Meh, I still don't sell games unless they're so terrible I can't stand to look at them. And I still have some of them, I just never got around to selling them. I let them collect dust like any other good boy.

And no, I don't want a magazine subscription, thanks for asking.

They're just trying to make a quick buck. You would too if you were a manager.

LOL

Who burned you, kiddo? There's actually plenty of reputable places to buy from.

Here's one example: http://www.gameexpress.com/
And those are all *new*, unopened copies, unless explicitly labeled used. I've bought several games I couldn't find at any local resellers, including EBG/GS.

Alright, alright, so let's say we'd like to purchase Super Mario Bros. 3? 30 dollars? gee.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Looking for such an old game isn't entirely fair. Let's look for Goldeneye for the Nintendo 64. Oops, not there, Chief. In fact, there are no good Nintendo 64 games on that list. Golly.

How about some good old Super Smash Bros. Melee for the Gamecube?
Oh goshdarnit, not even such a popular, common game. The only two I personally would reccomend here in the Gamecube section are Paper Mario 2 for 20$ (which should be no challenge to find at a local Gamestop for a similar, if not, cheaper price) and Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness for 28$.

Alright, Alright! Enough of the past, let's go find my new favorite game Mario and Luigi 3 for the DS. Here it is. Alright, not a bad price. But you have to consider shipping. Shipping to my area of Southern California costs $7.42. Leading to a total of 41.42$ to purchase this game. And if I recall, I got it at Gamestop NEW for almost $38. But the price isn't the big problem here. I'll tell you that big problem in a little bit.

Let's search up Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Here we go, $46. Plus a shipping cost of $7.63. The idea of finding Brawl at a local Gamestop for more than $53.63 is laughable.

I'm just picking random examples here, random games, let's try for Pokemon Platinum. The total for me would be $39.62. And I SWEAR I saw it yesterday for $30 at gamestop, but I could be mistaken of course.

Now, I don't want to burn out the remaining letters that I'm entitled to for one post, so let's skip ahead to that "big problem" I promised.
ALL OF THESE GAMES ARE USED

Now, you told me that they're all new. Tell me where you heard this. Because I checked this little section of the site, and it doesn't quite say anything about all their products being new.

Oh my, Lucy you have some splaining to do

*audience laughs*

I'm joining the Speech and Debate Team at school, what do you think? :3

Figure I could take time off from my NG VG BBS Hiatus to practice that old part of my brain I've been resting.

Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 23rd, 2009 @ 12:20 AM Reply

Amazon puts every brick and mortar store to shame and is the only way I buy games. When I first made that thread, I had saved $119. At the present, I think I've saved around $70 more, plus $25 worth of videogame giftcards from pre-ordering Assassin's Creed 2, Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2, and $20 worth of MP3 credit. Seriously, prices and deals can't be beat.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 23rd, 2009 @ 12:24 AM Reply

At 9/22/09 11:58 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I don't know why I would bother asking about a game to a store clerk when I just do the research from my home computer on the game. I don't need some random person telling me their biased opinion about the game. I can watch and read various reviews and video clips online and decide for myself if it is worth buying/renting.

Because IGN is SO smart, NEVER jumps on bandwagons, And ALWAYS waits a day or two before reviewing a game. That last one, Halo ODST, came out today in case you didn't hear.

Anyway, I like to see just how smart the clerks are. And how much I deserve a job there once I'm 16 years old.

You can sell your games online and get much more than you ever would from GameStop. I was going to sell my 80 gig PlayStation 3 with a copy of Killzone 2 and they were going to give me $140 for it. What a fuckin' rip off. And you know how much it would be to buy a used PlayStation 3 with a copy of KZ2 from GameStop? A crap load more. It's a rip off and they know it. You would be better off just selling it off to a friend.

Knowing this, it's strange how people still suggest PS3 owners to sell they're console to buy a 360. It would take a few hundred more for the RROD in the end.

All the more reason to stop making regrettable choices like selling consoles.

You're the "retarded" one in this situation. I never said anything anti-GameStop I just simply listed other places that you could buy games from. Perhaps you should stop being so stupid and ready to pounce on anyone who you think is putting down GameStop. You're a real dumbass.

I apoligize...I...I wasn't thinking. I should not have quoted you.

If it makes you feel any better, I was angry at the other guy.

MarionettePurple
MarionettePurple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 23rd, 2009 @ 12:29 AM Reply

At 9/23/09 12:24 AM, Gustavos wrote: I apoligize...I...I wasn't thinking. I should not have quoted you.

Sounds a lot like sketchy to me. Only... you admit to your mistakes while he takes things a bit too far.

My name... original ain't it?

Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 23rd, 2009 @ 12:52 AM Reply

At 9/23/09 12:29 AM, MarionettePurple wrote:
At 9/23/09 12:24 AM, Gustavos wrote: I apoligize...I...I wasn't thinking. I should not have quoted you.

Sounds a lot like sketchy to me. Only... you admit to your mistakes while he takes things a bit too far.

Scetch? Sure, he's not the apoligetic type, and certainly not the guy who cleans up his own mess, but really, is he worth bringing up in this point in time?

But you're forming opinions on us. I like that. I also do that often to the other Regulars.

And opinions change over time. Don't see a user as the same as he was a year ago. We grow smarter, we grow less stereotypical; we grow stupider, we grow more bias.

See how I used that semicolon?

Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 23rd, 2009 @ 12:58 AM Reply

At 9/23/09 12:06 AM, Gustavos wrote: Gamestop has fulfilled my needs my whole life,

I take it you haven't gone through puberty yet.

Aside from SOME poor choices in who gets to work, Gamestop is damn near flawless.

OH MY GOD
They charge full retail like most brick and mortar stores. That's not necessarily bad, but it's certainly less 'flawless' than Amazon. Employee quality varies from store to store, but Gamestop corporate policy (Would you like to pre-order ________? Would you like a subscription to GameInformer) is freaking annoying. Their used game prices are crap both ways and they sell gutted copies of games as new. Far from flawless.

You have two choices in this world if you want good deals on games, sites like Ebay where you can gamble hoping you don't get your game in pieces, or a local Gamestop where you don't have access to ridiculously old games, but you do get fair prices for what's there. Just a few dollars more if you want your game to work. :)

Fair prices? Only relative to other brick and mortar stores. Again, Amazon absolutely dominates in this regard. Ebay sellers are relatively reliable as long as you don't buy from someone with a bad history. I've had less issues with the quality of products with Ebay than with Gamestop.

Prove it. If they really do that, they wouldn't price a used game (labeled as "USED") for only two dollars less than one labeled as "NEW".

If it's labeled as "NEW" on the case, it's gutted, which might as well be used.

It's not like they throw out the case, goddamn.

They have no right to open up a game I pulled four and possibly damaging or leaving blemishes on the disc.

Nah, they really don't check too closely. If you ever have something that's broken, it's at least worth a shot to try trading it into Gamestop. Often they pass on inspection responsibility to whoever buys them next, which saves Gamestop time and money, but leads to a pissed off consumer.

I'm joining the Speech and Debate Team at school, what do you think? :3

I hope for the sake of your school that you don't make the team because that would say something about their standards.

ALL OF THESE GAMES ARE USED

In all those prices, you don't take into account that Gamestop charges tax while Gameexpress wouldn't unless you live in a state with a physical location. The Gameexpress slightly discounted prices and lack of tax would make up the difference for shipping. Of course, Amazon has greater discounted prices and offers free shipping.

Now, you told me that they're all new. Tell me where you heard this. Because I checked this little section of the site, and it doesn't quite say anything about all their products being new.

Oh...I don't know...........

Damn you EB Games!

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
MarionettePurple
MarionettePurple
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 23rd, 2009 @ 04:03 AM Reply

At 9/23/09 12:24 AM, Gustavos wrote: Because IGN is SO smart,

I forgot about this but, it comes to me as no surprise that the same guy who gave GTA4 a 10 (which it sure as hell doesn't deserve, the most it should get is a 8.5) gave Sonic Unleashed a 4.5 (which is a worse score than Sonic the Hedgehog on PS3/360 and deserves atleast a 7). IGN should fire the biased idiots and hire ACTUAL people that actually know about games other than "YOU SHOOT AND KILL PEOPLE IN THIS GAME! IT GETS A 10!!! BLEH! SONIC IS IN THIS GAME! GIVE IT A 3!!!"

My name... original ain't it?

CaddyCo
CaddyCo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Damn you EB Games! Sep. 23rd, 2009 @ 05:47 AM Reply

Balazeal, what have you done?? There's war of the dorks going on here!!

Any way, I would have to tell you that is a load a crap! I agree. If I ordered a game with the expectation of acquiring a certain element, then by golly, I want that! Plus, like you said, it's not about Sgt. Whatshisname that you didn't get, it's the principal of the matter. They used deceitful tactics to bring business. Unfortunately, that is bad business and loses them a lot of customers and leaves a lot of angry people wondering "why, why?!?!"

Being that I have just reiterated basically everything you have stated; the point is, I understand and empathize with you. What pisses me off is that you put toward extra money to hold your spot FOR the limited edition with Sgt. Whatshisname. Correct?? So that be more money you put towards the preorder.

That is the whole point of the reorder, incase people don't understand that. You're holding your spot for what you paid for. Unfortunately, I suppose it depends on when you placed the pre-order, who was filed first and so on and so forth. All that whatever they do crap.
anyways... tootles.