VeryCleverAlias
VeryCleverAlias
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
My family is fucked up. Sep. 19th, 2009 @ 11:51 PM Reply

First things first:

You probably aren't going to take this seriously because it appears to you that I'm a new user. I'm actually an alt. An alt of a person that most of you don't know, or so I think. I don't want this material to be associated with my main account, because of the severe shit that would go down if it was found by someone in my life. Only the mods and admins know my real identity (hopefully), and I trust that they're mature enough.

So. My family's pretty fucked up. Allow me to explain.

Brother

My brother spent eighth grade to now (freshman year of college) basically fucking about. He neglected his studies, played a bunch of video games, got Cs and Ds, and really had no problem with the whole thing. He's smart, and he has potential, but he really just wasted it away. He started to pick himself back up in senior year of high school, but even though he got around a 3.7 GPA in senior year, the first two years (and half the third) dragged him down to a 3.3. (He was taking IB classes in the beginning, which qualified him for a +0.5.) All in all, a potential winner that doesn't really know what he needs.

Father

My father got in an accident some time ago, and ever since he's gotten worse and worse. Not in medical status: He's recuperated at double the rate the doctors predicted (or so.) But he has gotten used to asking for things being done for him instead of doing them himself. Case in point: I helped him every morning to make his breakfast (eggs, sausages, coffee) which would take 30-45 minutes and require me to get up early. I did this probably at least a hundred times before he was well enough to do it himself. Now, he's asking me to help him again. I would, except it's the school year again and I can't be getting up even earlier than the bus (for obvious reasons.) Most things I can help him with, but he can drive, he can walk, he can bend down to pick things up (no homo) etc, etc. There's a limit and after I've been waiting on him hand and foot for three months, the limit needs to be observed somewhere.

Mother

The granddaddy of it all. I saved this one for last for a good reason. She is illogical as hell. And I don't just mean the illogicality that many women are beset by. Her infuriating behavior stretches well beyond that. Some examples: When she was angry with me a while ago, she kept moving toward me (stepping at me) while shouting at me to get out of her face. She lies about when she's having her period (I keep track because it's important to know the danger zones) just to have a reason to be an asshole. She curses like a sailor at all of my family but when a curse is spewed against her (even when not directed at her, i.e., "Are you fucking kidding me?") she makes a massive deal out of it.

When proven wrong in an argument (no matter what the subject) she will dismiss it (the person, the argument, the point, etc) and just go on like nothing happened. She overloads you with tasks to be done, dumping many at once, and if they all aren't done by the next time you run into her, that's grounds for a fight. She asked my father for the passwords to his email account (out of the blue) and when they weren't given to her she automatically assumed that that meant he was hiding something and he was probably having an affair. She makes up facts when she doesn't know them, tries her very hardest to make you feel bad (as a way to win an argument, instead of using logic and reason) and can't acknowledge people's achievements (when I got an A in one of my classes, her only comment was regarding why I didn't turn in one of the assignments.)

Myself

I'm no saint, and I won't pretend that there's nothing wrong with myself either. I'm slackerish, have problems with turning in homework and doing well academically...I don't get along with people (mostly my family when I consider their actions to be dumb) and tend to hold grudges, too. I can be viciously mean when I choose to, and I have caused more than one person to cry when I was angry with them (but that has yet to happen to a member of my family...or I'd never hear the end of it.) Etc, etc, etc.

So, there's my rant.

TL;DR: Biblidinae butterflies and peanut butter do not mix.

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions as to how I can possibly make my life any better?

Jereminion
Jereminion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 19th, 2009 @ 11:53 PM Reply

you should sit in an oven for a day and forget everything you know about reality

Yukin
Yukin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 19th, 2009 @ 11:54 PM Reply

Whoa man too much for me

BBS Signature
Gr31v
Gr31v
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 19th, 2009 @ 11:59 PM Reply

These are just your beliefs. Not the way anything truly is. You can change them and live by the reality that you want. :]

VeryCleverAlias
VeryCleverAlias
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:01 AM Reply

At 9/19/09 11:59 PM, Gr31v wrote: These are just your beliefs. Not the way anything truly is. You can change them and live by the reality that you want. :]

No. These are not beliefs. Step in my shoes for a week and you'll be tearing your hair out, too.

MilestoneRazor
MilestoneRazor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:03 AM Reply

Take a cement pill and harden the fuck up.

BBS Signature
selena
selena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Art Lover
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:07 AM Reply

That doesn't seem too bad, tbh. There's people a lot worse off. Be happy you have a family?

Just listen to your parents and try to do what your mom says, maybe she'll tone it down. Concentrate on school and friends and you should be good :).

BBS Signature
Los-Illuminados
Los-Illuminados
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:10 AM Reply

this is the first "god my life..." thread that i'm actually approving.

1 - its neat and clearly legible.
2 - i like how you describe shit
3 - you placed yourself as not perfect
4 - its like cute little chapters
5 - well, theres always a 5

i feel for ya man. and that means something.

now for useless advice:

dont take shit from anyone. either piss them off by obeying them (for example, agree with them at all times; dont take it seriously half of the time) or tell them straight up what annoys you about them. i did the 2nd option with my parents and now they are awesome and my friends wish they had my kind of parents. i dont garuntee but good luck.

+1 rep cuz you impressed me =3

-Sig-

BBS Signature
TwentySevenPointFive
TwentySevenPointFive
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:11 AM Reply

Does anyone have any comments or suggestions as to how I can possibly make my life any better?

smoke weed

Eclipse
Eclipse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:11 AM Reply

NG: The place to spew the useless shit about your life nobody cares about!

No, but who is this guy?

The Stoner's Club
Current PC: Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD Radeon HD 6320, 4GB RAM, 1.25TB HD, 1.65GHz AMD APU

BBS Signature
Los-Illuminados
Los-Illuminados
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:12 AM Reply

Also, you didnt rage like an immature idiot.

-Sig-

BBS Signature
theshadowwolf
theshadowwolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:17 AM Reply

At 9/20/09 12:11 AM, TwentySevenPointFive wrote:
smoke weed

Haha.... That would actually work.... If not, go stronger. Do heroin until you OD.

Vote Green.
Sig by PabMo. Thank you very much.

BBS Signature
physicsman09
physicsman09
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:20 AM Reply

At 9/19/09 11:59 PM, Gr31v wrote: These are just your beliefs. Not the way anything truly is. You can change them and live by the reality that you want. :]

This isn't lollipop village kid, the world doesn't work like that.

Sure it may suck now, but soon they'll be out of your hair.

I do suggest focusing a little bit more on academics however, nothing bad can come from a little extra studying.

"Physicsman09: The Gordon Freeman of Newgrounds"
-The-Hitman

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:25 AM Reply

You have a few minor problems, but your family is far from being fucked up.

You wanna turn your life around? Smoke weed heavily for a few years, go one cone too far, flip out, have a nervous breakdown, and finally re-invent the person that you are. Worked for me.

GeneralAC
GeneralAC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:30 AM Reply

To make your life better:

First thing is first, Something to get your mind off your family, a hobby. There are many hobbies, weightlifting and friends are mine, as well as biking. But everyone is different, so if you don't have a hobby get one, if you only have one get more, infact get more regardless, as obviously it isn't getting your mind off things. Biking, Swimming, Fishing, Weight lifting, Friends, Skating anything really, could even be singing or dancing.

Secondly: Social life really helps, because I don't know who your main account is, I can't really tell if you have a good social life or not, as I don't know you. But from seeing allot of Newgrounders I can make a generalization that most people on here don't have many friends. Go out and make new friends, what would be good is to make friends while doing one of your hobbies, such as BMX or Skating, you could make friends down at the skate part, or weight lifting down at the gym. Or just make friends at the library or where ever.

Third: Have you tried approaching your parents about it or your family about it, maybe you can make them see the error of there ways, now I don't have these same problems so I can't relate, so maybe this one won't help.

Fourth: Find a place you can be, that will get you away from everything you hate in life, somewhere nice. Make it somewhere that you can go easily and can take friends if you need. It is always good to be able to get away from all your troubles. Believe me.

Ok, I hope this helps abit. I put abit of thought into it, which isn't really like me on newgrounds, but I have a friend in real life with similar troubles, so I felt like I might as well try to help.
Also about the people who say, smoke weed. Yes that might calm you down, but once you get hooked it can cause allot of problems and really isn't worth it. If you do start smoking weed, don't get yourself to hooked because it can become expensive.

This post was valuable.

Eclipse
Eclipse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:35 AM Reply

At 9/20/09 12:30 AM, GeneralAC wrote: Also about the people who say, smoke weed. Yes that might calm you down, but once you get hooked it can cause allot of problems and really isn't worth it. If you do start smoking weed, don't get yourself to hooked because it can become expensive.

You cannot become "hooked" (addicted) to weed as it has absolutely no chemically addictive property. Sure, you get an "addiction" from it in the way that you want to do it again because weed is awesome, but you cannot be chemically addicted to marijuana. So, smoke weed all you want. It relieves stress, makes you feel fucking awesome and isn't addictive.

The Stoner's Club
Current PC: Windows 7 Ultimate, AMD Radeon HD 6320, 4GB RAM, 1.25TB HD, 1.65GHz AMD APU

BBS Signature
esko-man
esko-man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Artist
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:42 AM Reply

At 9/19/09 11:51 PM, VeryCleverAlias wrote:

I'll just.... Leave these here...

My family is fucked up.

GeneralAC
GeneralAC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:42 AM Reply

At 9/20/09 12:35 AM, Eclipse914 wrote:
At 9/20/09 12:30 AM, GeneralAC wrote: Also about the people who say, smoke weed. Yes that might calm you down, but once you get hooked it can cause allot of problems and really isn't worth it. If you do start smoking weed, don't get yourself to hooked because it can become expensive.
You cannot become "hooked" (addicted) to weed as it has absolutely no chemically addictive property. Sure, you get an "addiction" from it in the way that you want to do it again because weed is awesome, but you cannot be chemically addicted to marijuana. So, smoke weed all you want. It relieves stress, makes you feel fucking awesome and isn't addictive.

it is mental addiction and I know many people who have went through it. It is definantly hard to give up, especially if you are depressed. I know someone who killed themselves over the fact that, they couldn't afford anymore as they lost there job over it.

This post was valuable.

blobmin
blobmin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Gamer
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:50 AM Reply

My mom is exactly like yours, spot-on. I fucking hate people like that.

BBS Signature
Hydecka
Hydecka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:54 AM Reply

Why do you have to use an alt? You know, sometimes alt can be fun, but I don't believe I have ever used one to either

-Express something I am feeling
-Screw with people
-Call someone an asshole.

Don't be ashamed of who you are man. I myself, haven't had the worst of the best life. My dad was never even in the picture, and I am very use to knowing people with Mom's like yours. You should really just try to have a sit down with her, tell her how she is, or how you see it, be real serious and calm and for god sake's don't piss her off.

Don't be afraid of who you really are.

I can do t3h voices. Lots of em.LOTS OF THEM!! ^^;;
OMFG GOOGLE HYDECKA!!

BBS Signature
jarrydn
jarrydn
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Artist
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 01:05 AM Reply

At 9/20/09 12:35 AM, Eclipse914 wrote: You cannot become "hooked" (addicted) to weed as it has absolutely no chemically addictive property. Sure, you get an "addiction" from it in the way that you want to do it again because weed is awesome, but you cannot be chemically addicted to marijuana. So, smoke weed all you want. It relieves stress, makes you feel fucking awesome and isn't addictive.

This is the dumbest shit I've ever read. So it isn't addictive, but it is? It doesn't matter HOW it's addictive, the point is that it IS addictive. Or rather habit forming.

And yes, you don't get physical withdrawl symptoms from it, but trust me, weed addiction fucking blows, and I'm glad that I've managed to get through it. Had to pretty much drag myself through several layers of hell to get there though.

Rahenik
Rahenik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 09:03 AM Reply

Hmkay!

I know how it is... My family was fucked up too... both my parents died of alcohol abuse.

And your mom strangely resembles my stepmother, who now, now that my father has passed away months ago, lives in a mental ward. Don't ask.

Anyway, try and make the best of your school grades, get a diploma, or not... Get a job you like, and from then on live for yourself. Don't look back once you are out of there.

That's what happened to me... And it was my saving. At least I had family I could turn to, and who took me in. Try and talk to friends about what irks you. I suck at advice, and so my friends don't really have much of comfort of having me around, but I make em laugh and that's often than not the most I can do.

I like my friends and I'm glad I can depend on them, and they know they can depend on me.

Lintire
Lintire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 09:13 AM Reply

I suggest you throw yourself into your studies. They can't pretend to have shit on you if you get As in everything. Also, throws them off guard, although harmful to whatever social life you may have.

Drake
Drake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Audiophile
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 09:15 AM Reply

At 9/20/09 02:04 AM, maddskill wrote:
At 9/20/09 01:05 AM, jarrydn wrote:
, and I'm glad that I've managed to get through it. Had to pretty much drag myself through several layers of hell to get there though.

Rofl. Stupid bitch got addicted to weed.
Weed isn't physically addictive. Its a matter of will power.

You don't know shit, shut the fuck up.

Your mother sounds like the biggest bitch on earth. Move out or something once you get the chance?

Sawdust
Sawdust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 09:19 AM Reply

holy shit you're in a fucked up family go call 9/11 and professional mercenaries clearly you need professionals to help you out of this insane family of yours

VeryCleverAlias
VeryCleverAlias
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 26th, 2009 @ 05:09 PM Reply

At 9/20/09 09:19 AM, Sawdust wrote: holy shit you're in a fucked up family go call 9/11 and professional mercenaries clearly you need professionals to help you out of this insane family of yours

Yeah, basically, except sarcasm is to this issue what "hnnngg" is to "hnnnnnggg".

What?

I don't know, but seriously, don't be such an asshole. Try to contribute at least...

MonkeyV
MonkeyV
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 26th, 2009 @ 05:13 PM Reply

Stop your whining. Your life could be a hell of a lot worse.
Suggestion for *realizing that your life does not suck*:
Just think of how things could be worse.

BBS Signature
ErickBg3
ErickBg3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 26th, 2009 @ 05:16 PM Reply

Smoke weed, forget all that shit

AwesomeMan35
AwesomeMan35
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 26th, 2009 @ 05:17 PM Reply

My mom's like thatexcept I'm like a younger version of your brother.

Tribal
Tribal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Programmer
Response to My family is fucked up. Sep. 26th, 2009 @ 05:17 PM Reply

At 9/20/09 12:11 AM, TwentySevenPointFive wrote:
smoke weed

My suggestion is, do not follow any of the advice given on the BBS.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!
Sig by Me.

BBS Signature