Be a Supporter!

If you were president?

  • 2,157 Views
  • 47 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
SiMpSoN-bRuVaS
SiMpSoN-bRuVaS
  • Member since: Mar. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
If you were president? Sep. 19th, 2009 @ 07:43 PM Reply

If you were elected president what would be the most important policy change you would put into place and why?

altanese-mistress
altanese-mistress
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 19th, 2009 @ 09:12 PM Reply

I would begin a plot to set off a nuclear device in a major city, to justify a declaration of martial law through the entire United States and the suspension of all elections pending the end of the crisis. I wuold have evidence falsified to say that the terrorists who set off the device are based in cells through Canada. Following that, I would send an ultimatum to the Canadian government; they either they find and extradite all terrorists in a month's time, or I will send in the armed forces to occupy their nation until they are found. If they refuse, then they are at war with the Union. Either way, Canada will be annexed. Quebec will be freed as a puppet state with the former provinces of Quebec, Newfoundland, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. The other provinces and territories will eventually become new states.

Of course that's just for starters. The Mexican Drug War is a good excuse to meddle in their internal affairs, and Cuba will be in a bit of chaos when Castro dies.

Ansel
Ansel
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 19th, 2009 @ 10:07 PM Reply

i would make chilling out required by law


BBS Signature
TonyTostieno
TonyTostieno
  • Member since: Jul. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 07:46 AM Reply

At 9/19/09 10:07 PM, Ansel wrote: i would make chilling out required by law

Thank god someone realize people need to calm the fuck down already. Shit.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Member since: Sep. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Movie Buff
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 10:46 AM Reply

I would definitley legalize marijuana, because that would be the most obvious of making things legalized which is what we need to have more of in this country.


You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

JeremieCompNerd
JeremieCompNerd
  • Member since: Mar. 11, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 10:54 AM Reply

I would establish additional members of the presidential cabinet that would be voted on by the public. These cabinet member's job titles would range from moral adviser (We deserve at least one honest man/woman near the president...) to ecosystem specialist. These additional cabinet members would work for the people, would be voted out when and if the people decided they were no longer working in the best interests of the public, (Voting occurs once annually, no term limits, emergency mid-term voting possible if a petition is signed by at least 30% of the population), and they would have the job of keeping the president fully informed on the course of action desired by the American people, and the course of action they personally recommend as the most effective for their area of expertise.


Fireworks Collab!!!!!! I need a programmer, PM me for details!!!!!
*Explodes violently*
*Listens to splatter*

TheReno
TheReno
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 12:00 PM Reply

I couldnt be president because I would try to do something that someone else would oppose, so I would kill that man or men or whatever.

"But what about democracy?" The dying senator asked, choking out these words.
"Oh its still in effect, its just that my shotgun voted against you."

But major changes I would do would be to bring back tariffs, implement a 30 MPG minimum fuel usage in new cars, Tell global warming to go fuck itself and stop all this wasting time and money on preventing it. Legalize prostitution and implement the codes the germans use for their prostitutes and leagalize weed to tax it good.


Its time to play games and jerk off. And Im all out of quarters.

BBS Signature
altanese-mistress
altanese-mistress
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 03:25 PM Reply

At 9/20/09 12:00 PM, TheReno wrote: "But what about democracy?" The dying senator asked, choking out these words.
"Oh its still in effect, its just that my shotgun voted against you."

"Diplomatic immunity!" *is shot*
"It's just been revoked!"

Yeah, that's way better. Your response to the senator was a bit too wordy.

dySWN
dySWN
  • Member since: Aug. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 03:28 PM Reply

I would ruthlessly slash excess from the government.

Every federal bureau not specifically deliniated in the Constitution would have would get one hour of my time to tell me why the country needs them; obviously important organizations, such as the FDA and FBI, would be exempt from this. Then, if the bureaucracies couldn't do that, I'd cut their entire budget and send it somewhere more productive.

I would also make it a stated goal to veto every last bill that cannot fund itself in such a way as to be deficit neutral, and strongly lean on Congress to eliminate pork-barrel spending. I really want to cut taxes, but we need to get our national debt under control first.

unowned
unowned
  • Member since: Jun. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 03:29 PM Reply

mike gravel style

TheReno
TheReno
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 03:54 PM Reply

"Diplomatic immunity!" *is shot*
"It's just been revoked!"

Yeah, that's way better. Your response to the senator was a bit too wordy.

*Shoots the senator*
"Youve just been vetoed"

*Note this only works on people named Bill


Its time to play games and jerk off. And Im all out of quarters.

BBS Signature
fatape
fatape
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 08:10 PM Reply

At 9/20/09 07:58 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: i have a laundry list:

so basicly no freedom no passion no liberty......

nice

what id do:

-legalize all drugs

- make it so the u.s. has a universal healthcare system

-cut the military budget in half and spend the money I save on scientific research

- start a colony on the moon.

-take the word "god" out of every government document /money

I can think of more but thats it for now :p


"Work hard, sleep hard, play hard!"

BBS Signature
darkrchaos
darkrchaos
  • Member since: Sep. 15, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 08:46 PM Reply

If I was president i start by taking away stupid laws we don't need and make this more the land of the free. Change the jail system and stop wasting so much money helping people that should have it while stopping billions-airs from getting away with what ever they want.


BBS Signature
altanese-mistress
altanese-mistress
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 08:50 PM Reply

At 9/20/09 07:58 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: i have a laundry list:

Eh?

no illegal immigrants

The fact that they're -illegal- immigrants sort of shows they aren't supposed to be here in the first place.

no abortions

The President has that power?

very, very low taxes

And you'll pay for the military... how? Not even mentioning education, welfare, healthcare (universal or otherwise), prisons, or a large number of other expenses. Well I just did mention them but yeah.

invade iran, north korea

1. The president cannot declare war without Congressional approval. 2. Do that and you would greatly harm America on the international scene, even with friendly nations.

stop flag-burning

I honestly don't care either way about it.

no pork barrel spending

Because that's easy to do, innit?

find bin laden

Oh, we were supposed to be looking for him?!

finish the job in iraq

How do you propose to do that?

assassinate kim jong il

And then his son or a general takes his place.

respond immediately to every threat against nat'l security

Such as?

tell environmentalists to shove it where the sun don't shine

Screw the environment. Let those fags in the 22nd century deal with it!

and if anyone disagrees with me, i won't care.

And that's why you wouldn't be elected.

X-Gary-Gigax-X
X-Gary-Gigax-X
  • Member since: Dec. 3, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Art Lover
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 09:07 PM Reply

Shaddup, the two of you.


BBS Signature
altanese-mistress
altanese-mistress
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 09:25 PM Reply

At 9/20/09 09:04 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: tell that to them

I'm just saying, it's not as if there isn't already a system.

this is moar of a political wishlist, but i CAN propose a bill.

And if it were illegal, people would still do it. It would just be far less safe and sanitary.

simple, take out welfare altogether,

So then the elderly, disabled, and impovershed can just go to hell?

privatize healthcare,

And then a huge surge in preventable diseases and untreated injuries....

obviously i'd get approval.

Say's you.

ok, name one friendly nation that gives two shits about countries that like to threaten everyone that they have nukes.

Even South Korea doesn't want war with North Korea. Japan would probably shit in it's pants. China wouldn't get involved in the war, if anything they'd help invade if we started, but our relations would be hurt. As for Iran, well it's not as if we haven't pissed off the Middle Eastern nations enough, right?

i'm really fine with pretty much any other form of protest, but that just crosses the line

Again, don't care. But you know, the proper way to dispose of an old flag is to burn it.

you just don't spend much, it's that simple.

It's easy on paper, but then you have thousand page long bills barely anyone reads a little bit of.

yes, but not hard enough. we never factored in the possibility that maybe he LEFT afghanistan.

We have. We've even mounted missions into northern Pakistan in conjunction with their own forces to clear out Taliban cells in northern Pakistan.

stay in until the situation is stable.

But there needs to be -some- change in strategy. The only solutions for us are to either surge in there with the full might of the United States armed forces, or get out of there.

assassinate son/general, then. duh.

So just one after another, eh? Why's that a good idea?

by the 2100, we'd have found an easier way to stop such problems

But the thing is, we're seeing the effects already. The ice caps are melting, thousands of species are dying out, we've probably already passed peak oil, the landfills are overflowing, smog levels are at an all time high.... By 2020 there will be a lot of irreparable damage.

says you, but like i said, this is really more of a wishlist.

Usually to be elected, you need to, you know, listen to your constituents.

fatape
fatape
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 09:45 PM Reply

At 9/20/09 08:22 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: when did i say that?

you didn't directly say it but what you choose to write shows it


and get america stoned off its ass so that someone might actually think you're doing a good job?

people already get stoned if they want to this will just make it safer and create legitimate jobs.


and bankrupt every man, woman, child and fetus in the entire nation? BRILLIANT!!!

the fact is universal healthcare is CHEAPER then the insurance based system the u.s. has now .


yeah, because who needs shit like protection and safety when you have stuff that private corporations could do much better anyway?

the u.s. spends more money on themilitary then the rest of the world COMBINED, cutting this in half won't threaten your security.


damn straight! screw the fact that there isn't any oxygen and all the colonists would die a horrible death of axfixiation in a matter of seconds (hours with a space suit) as well as the fact that luna (our moon) has absolutely no natural resources and the insane amount of time, energy and money it will waste and i think you're onto something.

- we would create suitable enviroments for people to live on

-its not a waste if we adavnce human knowledge and further our quest for discovery


okay, i'm an atheist, but even I think that's pretty damn stupid

why?


i await your response, you liberal $#%@#%@%!%!%@%#@$%@%!@^%@#@$^@%. peace. :)

although I most closely resemble a liberal I have no political alliance and as such im open to anything :).


"Work hard, sleep hard, play hard!"

BBS Signature
altanese-mistress
altanese-mistress
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 10:19 PM Reply

At 9/20/09 09:52 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: yeah, there is... it's just not very well enforced.

How should it be enforced, then? What, we gather up all Latino people and put them into 'temporary relocation facilities' until we can make sure they're legal?

so just because a few nutjobs wanna stick a coat hanger in their cooch to kill their unborn child, we should legalize it for everyone?

Yes. No one is forcing abortion.

no, so they can get a job. :P

The elderly and disabled can get a job? And what if they are looking for a job? Or have a job but still can barely afford to feed their family?

again, just because a few insurance co.s are assholes doesn't mean that the government should put them all out of business and f-up the economy

You mean like how the postal service has put businesses like Fed-Ex in the shitter?

among those you just listed, how many of them are getting threatened by the promise of nuclear weapons?

Um.. Every one of them? I mean, fucking -South Korea- wants peace with their northern brother. Who are we to go fuck that up?

yes, but that's different

I really don't think you understand my whole "I could care less" stance.

again, just don't propose any bill longer than a few pages.

If only the law worked that way, eh?

that's it, JUST pakistan?

No. All over the region. Other than Iran, and Osama Bin Laden is an enemy of Iran.

no, they aren't.

The hell? Yeah, they are.

global warming is a natural process that comes and goes every so often.

But it is a fact that humanity is having an impact. It's just a matter of how big of an impact.

ever hear of evolution?

Let me add an ammendment to that last fact: They're dying out due to human intervention; hunting, clearing of habitats, etc...

key word: probably.

As in, more likely than not.

and your solution to said problem is?

There's a new thing called recycling...

again, we'd find an easier solution down the line.

Why not sooner?

wrong, it's ALL repairable one way or another.

What, do you propose mending holes in the ozone layer?

Ansel
Ansel
  • Member since: Sep. 2, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 11:14 PM Reply

i stand by my policy of relaxation


BBS Signature
Dawnslayer
Dawnslayer
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 11:21 PM Reply

At 9/20/09 07:58 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: no illegal immigrants
no abortions
very, very low taxes
invade iran, north korea
stop flag-burning
no pork barrel spending
find bin laden
finish the job in iraq
assassinate kim jong il
respond immediately to every threat against nat'l security
tell environmentalists to shove it where the sun don't shine
and if anyone disagrees with me, i won't care.

In order: Giant security budget, not up to you, not up to you, not up to you, not up to you, good luck getting Congress on board with that, break a leg, break a leg, we have a history of assassinating bad people and putting worse people in their place, even bigger security budget, see you in the air-and-water-filtering underground bunker, and good luck finishing all those goals in one presidential term, 'cause you're not getting re-elected with that attitude.

altanese-mistress
altanese-mistress
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 11:38 PM Reply

At 9/20/09 10:55 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: lol, no. when someone tries to take advantage of a public service, just ask for proof of citizenship.

Driver's license, passport, birth certificate? Those can be faked. And I'm not sure what else you'd use with it still being readily available

but it just shouldn't be there, anyway. you can't mutilate a defenceless fetus in cold blood and call it freedom.

The whole process is totally misrepresented by people who protest against it.

Either way, no one is pro-abortion. No one who gets an abortion likes it or wants to do it. They just choose what they think is the best possible decision.

and having them rely on gov't checks that they didn't earn solves that, how?

By... not.... starving? Or freezing?

besides, you do know that every one of those welfare checks comes from tax payer money, right?

No shit. That makes it bad?

so that means that it's coming from someone with ability and going to someone with needs. hmm, "from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs" where have i heard that before?

There it is. Ability and need. People do what they can and get what they need. What's wrong with that?

And maybe if people didn't live in fabulous wealth and luxury while a few short miles away an elderly person freezes in their home or children cry from hunger, I would agree with a laissez-faire economic system.

fed-ex does things the post office can't, which is why they're still afloat.

Exactly. It's competition. The same would happen with healthcare.

if they want peace, doesn't a nuclear threat run counter-productive to that end?

North Korea's nuclear weapon development is completely as a deterrent. They have WMDs to ensure America doesn't invade. They -know- America can take them down. With nuclear weapons, they can ensure that America wouldn't try. It's why the United States and the Soviet Union never went to war. So yes, nuclear deterrence is a means of peace. It has prevented World War III for over half a century.

think, the constitution is nowhere NEAR 1,000 pages long, and yet it is easily the best lawmaking document in the nation.

It's open to a lot of interpretation. You're against flag burning, yes? What about as an act of protest or free speech? Again, I don't care about that in particular, but pointing out that someone will find loopholes and such.

doesn't matter, the point is that there's always more we can do.

Should we invade India and Egypt and; just for the hell of it; Turkey?

ever think that our impact might be positive?

No, because that is a retarded thought.

the earth had dominant species before humans came around, but the dinosaurs never posed any They didn't build factories.
as in, a guess.

No, as in, -probably-. Probably means a great likelihood.

then, let's utilize it, screw all these overly-complicated "solutions" that won't solve anything.

Such as?

because further down the line, it'd be easier.

"I propose we go to the moon, and do the other things. Not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

the ozone layer is composed of O3 gas, which is a varient of O2 "breathable" gas. just scientifically engineer O3 and release it into the atmosphere.

That is a gross oversimplification of the entire process.

animehater
animehater
  • Member since: Feb. 28, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 20th, 2009 @ 11:49 PM Reply

At 9/20/09 03:28 PM, dySWN wrote: I would ruthlessly slash excess from the government....

Damn straight!


"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
altanese-mistress
altanese-mistress
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 12:28 AM Reply

At 9/21/09 12:09 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: just put a watermark on the real deal.

Already have 'em.

how's that? it's killing a child, is it not? i don't see how you can misrepresent that.

No, it isn't. It's removing a growth that will eventually turn into a baby.

that's not the point, the point is that you can't kill someone before they've lived.

Exactly. YOu need to be alive to be killed. Thus, no killing is involved.

once again, JOBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 11!!!!!!

The elderly and disabled can not get fucking jobs! What part of that don't you understand? And I said people who are looking for jobs or have a job but don't make enough. Someone -can- work but doesn't want to? They shouldn't get anything.

go back to china, COMMIE!

gb2 /b/ , asstard

WRONG! insurance is blibbity bloopity blah blah blaaah!

I don't think people who can afford it should get healthcare. It should be for the poor.

NK is threatening to wipe us off the map! I wouldn't call that a deterrent force.

They can't. If a smelly man on a street corner threatened to melt your skin off with his mind, would you consider him a threat? These may seem different, but they have the same response: You're not afraid because they can't do it.

sure, if they were just keeping them, i wouldn't have a problem, but since they are actually LAUNCHING THEM INTO SPACE, i think that's a little different.

Those missles would reach Hawaii or the Alutian Islands, -maybe- at the furthest. And they could only launch a couple. If they did, they know for a fact that their entire country would be done for, so they won't.

the reason the constitution is so great is that it can be amended to cope with different problems, so loopholes can be fixed.

So then why hasn't it been amended very much in proportion to the issues America has faced in it's nearly a quarter of a mellinium of existance?

no, but we SHOULD keep our eyes open.

For -what-?

douche

It's still a retarded thought.

we need factories to give people jobs, and produce items of interest to keep the economy going.

That does not mean it doesn't have an impact on the environment. I'm all for industrialization and technological progress. But we need to pace ourselves.

such as greenpeace.

That's a group which is quasi-terrorist in nature, not a proposed solution.

that was a different time, the USA and USSR were trying to prove which nation was better, so tried to do harder things. these days, there's no such contest, so we should wait until it becomes more practical.

Apathy and laziness are killing this country.

BTW, who was that quote from?

John Fitzgerald Kennedy.

how so?

First off, you'd have to convert the entire molecular structure into ozone. Secondly, you couldn't just release it willy nilly; it'd fall back to Earth and probably revert back to O2. It needs to be in the ozone layer.

altanese-mistress
altanese-mistress
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 01:21 AM Reply

At 9/21/09 01:05 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: then y don't we use them to fight illegal immigration?

Ask any teenager with a fake ID to buy booze if it's hard to get fake documents.

upon conception, it is a living thing.

Upon conception it's a multi-celled primitive organism that can be done away with with a morning after pill.

it IS alive, dumbass!

You said "the point is that you can't kill someone before they've lived." They have not lived. They are not alive.

1. there's always a job, no matter who you are

1) Yeah, because there's such a huge demand in the workplace for the elderly, mentally retarded, physically crippled, etc. 2) Unemployment is on the rise because there are less jobs.

2. if someone can work but doesn't want to, they'll still get welfare.

And I don't agree with that. I do agree with a one-year leniency period for unemployment, or if they have a job but still live under the poverty line.

in that case, wouldn't it be a better idea to give them a gov't loan that they can repay in due time?

That would just put them in debt, and an inability to pay back loans is -exactly- what caused this financial crisis. It also caused the Great Depression.

the difference: smelly guy doesn't have nukes.

And they won't use them, just like the Soviets never used theres and niether did we (other than at the end of that war)

KJI is pretty damn crazy as it is, that's not very far a stretch 4 him.

What makes him 'crazy'? He seems pretty well in mental functionality. Or is anyone who doesn't like America automatically 'crazy'? Because that's like calling something 'gay' when it's stupid or lame, or lame when it has no legs not to use.

because it's supposed to be hard to amend so that it wouldn't be changed for every little insignificant thing.

Which is why we have many more; and much longer; solutions.

anyone with TNT strapped to their chest.

Where?

think, which arguement holds more water?

I refuse to answer it when you're trying to make one side sound infallible and the other side pants-on-head retarded

fair 'nuff, how about de-industrialization?

That's an extremist point of view.

and welfare will fix that, how?

That arguement isn't even about welfare....

but my arguement sticks that the politics of them don't work now.

So we should always look for the easy way out, instead of doing great things that are hard?

then we release it into space where it will fall down and join the rest of its O3 buddies in the ozone.

You have no idea what you are talking about, do you?

altanese-mistress
altanese-mistress
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 02:01 AM Reply

At 9/21/09 01:40 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: does this LOOK like the 50s? anyone who pulls that nowadays is caught instantly.

Really? You must've been homeschooled.

does that we you SHOULD do away with it?

Why not?

i meant life outside the womb, and you know it!

No, I did not. And if you ment that, then well, you're saying it's not alive until it's born.

then create more jobs, don't reward laziness.

How do we create more jobs?

again, there are easier solutions that don't involve communism

That isn't communism. At all. It has socialist natures, but so do public schools and unions and minimum wage laws.

it's not a BIG loan, they can pay it off by actually working a little.

Again... loans got us into this.

but does that give them the right to threaten us?

Better that than war.

an evil dictator who was under our thumb during the bush administration, but is threatening to wipe us off the map now that obama's in power... do the math.

He was under our thumb? Those missle tests didn't seem like it.

And your mask is really wearing thin, troll.

solutions to what?

The 'insignificant problems'

in the middle east, DUH!

So we forget about Latin American, African, Southeast Asian, and Balkan terrorist cells? Not to mention illegal militia groups right here in America.

it's one of the proposed "solutions", so is recycling enough, or do we hafta consider what the wackjobs are saying?

Extremism does not count. On either side.

orly? i don't see how you can condemn laziness and then support handouts that come out of our pockets against our will. hypocritical much?

The earlier arguements are about welfare. That one is about our impact on the environment. You claimed we shouldn't bother because it's too hard.

if it saves time, money, energy, and possibly lives... then yes.

Easy takes longer, which means; in the long term; more money spent, more energy exerted, and more lives lost.

then what would you do, jackass?

Not... pollute?

altanese-mistress
altanese-mistress
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 02:43 AM Reply

At 9/21/09 02:17 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: is that a bad thing?

Fake IDs aren't so hard to pass off

if i saw you on the street, should i "do away" with you?

No, because I'm a human. That thing has more in common with parasitic worms.

no, what i'm saying is that it's alive at conception, but hasn't experienced life until it's been born.

So it's not alive yet if it hasn't lived.

dunno, but would you agree that that's a much better solution than welfare>

Yes. But it isn't a feasable one.

taking from someone who earned their money and giving it to some slouch on the street IS communism.

Contrary to popular misconception, niether Marx, Engels, Lenin, Trotsky, Mao, or Stalin thought that everyone should get the exact same. A docter would recieve more than a janitor. But the gap would be lessened.

well, i never said it was the BEST solution, but it'd do more good than universal HC.

Again.... it is the entire cause...

how's that?

The only people who like war are too stupid to know what war is, or too crazy from seeing so much of it.

an evil dictator who was under our thumb during the bush administration, but is threatening to wipe us off the map now that obama's in power... do the math.
what was KJI's first missile test.

North Korea lauched two or three missle tests during the Bush administration. Also a couple of underground tests of atomic bombs.

like?

Whatever the hell you ment when you talked about insignificant problems.

then you just answered your own question if you know where to look.

But those are, to put it very simply, big places.

so recycling IS enough?

Nope.

the whole point of easy in the way thats fastest, cheapest, safest, and, well, easiest.

In the short term. But you brought up that we'd have solutions by 2100, so the short term is out of the picture. The harder route will give us viable and economic solutions before 2050

i'm just saying we need 2 w8 a little longer b4 we have that chance.

I hate you so very much.

Actually that would require caring about you, so...

and how would you accomplish that?

By not polluting.

altanese-mistress
altanese-mistress
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 9/21/09 03:50 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: pr00f or lie!

Proof? Go to a high school or college party. Who do you think got the beer?

so, if a human impregnates a human, you get a parasitic worm... by that logic, if a bear impregnates a bear, you get a kangaroo.

No, still a parasite. How you got that jump in logic is beyond me, but then, you've said a lot of things that are completely irrational and illogical, sooo.....

alright, let me put it this way:
it's alive, it's a living thing, it just hasn't had a chance to experience the joys of life, there!

Then who cares?

it's not feasable because you're not trying. if politicians would stop handing out free meals and start working on creating jobs, it would be so much better.

I have yet to hear how you propose to do so. I'm not going to argue your point for you.

that's exactly what this is... gap lessening.

By making sure that people who work hard are not cold and starving while trying to raise a family because there are a handful of people who live in fabulous luxury that they don't deserve that turn a blind eye to the sufferening of others.

have you tried tort reform? there are plenty of ways that could fix healthcare, why stick to socialism?

Again.... minimum wage, public education, and a host of other things are socialist in nature. Do you want to get rid of them just because Americans have been indoctrinated against any form of socialism for over half a century?

i don't "like" war, i recognize it as a sad nessesity.

Why is it necessary? There are many peaceful ways to deal with North Korea and Iran, not to mention a host of other problems.

i would much rather end the situation quickly than have a loose anvil hanging uptop our heads.

Look where that got us in Iraq.

my mistake, but the fact remains that north korea is a volitile enemy.

One that has been having gradually warming relations with South Korea. We have no right to put the entire Korean region in turmoil just to appease a few people who overestimate the threat North Korea poses to America.

meaning they ARE insignificant.

So things not directly addressed in the Constitution or Bill of Rights are insignificant?

so you're saying we shouldn't look for terrorists?

I'm saying that we -have- been looking for Osama Bin Laden. However it is literally impossible to go over every single region he could possibly be in with a fine toothed comb. You're acting like finding these people is a simple matter.

then what is?

Car emission reductions, plastic bag reduction, harsher laws against industrial polluting, restrictions on CO2 emissions of all kinds, reduction of deforestation, introduction of better farming techniques to the third world, investment in renewable resources, weaning off of oil and plastics....

and what is this "harder route"?

By enacting the above mentioned reforms sooner rather than later.

aw, i hate you, too!

At least I can spell.

o...kay, how would you stop pollution?

See that there above stuff.

chidori0071
chidori0071
  • Member since: Feb. 13, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 06:46 PM Reply

Oh Fuck, the Us Would be done for by now :P

altanese-mistress
altanese-mistress
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to If you were president? Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 07:39 PM Reply

At 9/21/09 04:24 PM, RightWingGamer wrote: idiot shopkeepers and bribery.

So you just can't accept that fake IDs can be very realistic? Do you know why people at registers mark cash with that yellow marker that doesn't show up unless it's counterfit? Because even with all the watermarks and such, people still make passable counterfit bills.

my whole point is that the product of two humans is ALWAYS another human.

No, it's a multi-celled microscopic organism further removed from humans than apes. The DNA is the same but it is not human.

i do, this is mass murder we're talking about!

You can 't murder something that isn't alive.

fine, how about stopping the bailouts and using the money to open up new places of business?

Wouldn't the government opening businesses be.... communist?

Also, when did I support bailouts?

dude, the way you talk it's like you want to declare a war on rich people.

Big cities like Los Angeles and New York City have rich upscale neighborhoods just a few short miles away from run down projects and ghettos. Anyone who can live in the rich neighborhoods with a clean conciousness are evil. They are evil, plain and simple.

WRONG! the reason we should be rid of socialism is because we should be free to spend OUR money the way WE want to.

This whole 'me' culture is the very reason America is falling from grace and the 21st century will eventually be dominated by the politics of the European Union and the People's Republic of China

it's a nessesity because people like kim jong il and hitler can not be reasoned with.

The governments of North and South Korea are getting along better now than they have in decades. They still have cool relations, but there's even been talk of signing an official peace treaty to end the Korean War.

And what does Hitler have to do with any of this?

what would you have done after 9/11?

Investigat the causes of it in depth rather than listening to shoddy information from people in the Middle East whose loyalties are questionable at best.

so you're saying we should let all these threats go unanswered?

Let's make one thing clear: North Korea -only- has nuclear capabilities as a deterrence. If they wanted to nuke America they would have done it already. More likely they would have sent nukes flying towards Seoul, Busan, Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya, etc, etc..... Yes they have threatened us, but what is usally neglected to be mentioned by most news outlets is that they threaten to use force only if we continue with our aggressive policies towards their country.

We should only ever enter North Korea if the South Korean government wants our help in a conflict.

no, things so insignificant that even a leftist can't think of them... are insignificant.

You brought up that all we need is the Constitution because it is perfect. It is not perfect because there are so many loopholes and such. We need longer individual laws because those are clearer in what is and is not allowed.

it is still possible to find him, just not legally, we'll need to trace everything over the entire region just to pinpoint him.

So we should do things that are illegal?

and that's exactly what we can't do, because it will have much harsher reprecussions on human society than environmental damage ever will.

The sea levels could rise several meters before 2100. That means major cities around the world would be flooded. Boston, New York City. Washington D.C., New Orleans, Miami, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles; that's just in America and just the major coastal cities.

of course, you can! :)

How stupid do you have to be to think that anyone would buy that?

SadisticMonkey
SadisticMonkey
  • Member since: Nov. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to If you were president? Sep. 21st, 2009 @ 07:42 PM Reply

At 9/21/09 01:05 AM, RightWingGamer wrote: upon conception, it is a living thing.

Soo...I'm assuming you're a vegetarian then?

I say that because you seem to assign any life some inherent worth.


At 8/16/14 11:58 PM, Feoric wrote:
Remember: he was shot in the back 35 feet away from the police cruiser. That's not up for debate.

BBS Signature