New Topic Respond to this Topic
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-15 18:57:51 Reply

I haven't had the time to really get this put together the right way, so I'm going to do this as simply as possible.

The contest was about Islands.

Here's where the contest was: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1066 557

Here's the results:

1st Place, winner of $30 store credit, and an eventual recording (hopefully): Rapemuffin

2nd Place, winner of $30 store credit, and an eventual recording (hopefully): Coop83

3rd Place, winner of $30 store credit, and an eventual recording (hopefully): Peaceblossom

4th Place: captacid
5th Place: thelamesauce

Honorable mentions, in no particular order except the order they placed...

blakedatch
WritersBlock
Luxury-Yacht
TBS
doctorjae

As always congratulations are in order; however, especially this time as this was THE LARGEST contest and LONGEST WAIT for results.

Hope you're all working on poetry for the first Poetry contest. As always you can a full listing of all Writing Contests here:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/search/top ic/mwc9

And now I'll pm tom with all the results.

Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
TheLameSauce
TheLameSauce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-15 19:37:35 Reply

i just assumed we weren't getting official results. thanks.

<deleted>
Response to Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-15 19:50:39 Reply

Haha, I'm sure it's all good. Just for the sake of any entrants that haven't looked through the talk thread, there's feedback from the judges there; just follow the search Mr. gum linked to. I had fun judging the contest, and some entries really impressed me. I was wondering at first how inflexible the topic might be, but people were creative, that was good to see. Well done to the winners as always. For others, maybe a bit of tweaking will help you into a winning spot in the future.

I feel shit-like for not being involved with these contests since June, but good luck to all in the poetry contest anyway, I'll try to read through it properly sometime and maybe give some comments out. Hopefully I'll get my act together and contribute to a contest in the future.

Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-16 18:06:33 Reply

At 9/15/09 06:57 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: 1st Place, winner of $30 store credit, and an eventual recording (hopefully): Rapemuffin

2nd Place, winner of $30 store credit, and an eventual recording (hopefully): Coop83

3rd Place, winner of $30 store credit, and an eventual recording (hopefully): Peaceblossom

Holy Shit, it's official :)

Green Castle Crasher, here I come :)

Time to celebrate, by judging some more for August's competition... yeah... sorry.

Congratulations to the other winners as well - some great entries there.

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-25 04:02:59 Reply

I know that it's probably a question that is asked every single month, but how does the store credit work? I guess that you send a PM to Tom and he credits the accounts - do we get any notification that we have free money to spend in the store, either on the store page, or via a PM?

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-25 10:05:54 Reply

At 9/25/09 04:02 AM, Coop83 wrote: I know that it's probably a question that is asked every single month, but how does the store credit work? I guess that you send a PM to Tom and he credits the accounts - do we get any notification that we have free money to spend in the store, either on the store page, or via a PM?

I've yet to ever have any store credit. :o

I do know you need to fill out all the information for the revenue sharing program.

After you've done that, the credit should show up during the buying process in the store. I haven't recieved any confirmation from Tom on the prizes though... I can send him a pm, but it may just be that he's been extremely busy with medals and such. I don't really know.

Let me know if those steps don't work.

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-25 12:22:39 Reply

At 9/25/09 10:05 AM, gumOnShoe wrote:
I do know you need to fill out all the information for the revenue sharing program.

Are you sure? I only recently joined the program but I was still able to get credit from the May contest.

Coop, there will be a box that appears when you go to the store, telling you how much store credit you have. Here is a screenshot of where it appears exactly.

Mwc9: June : Omg Results

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
RapeMuffin
RapeMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-25 12:28:25 Reply

At 9/25/09 12:22 PM, boloneyman wrote:
At 9/25/09 10:05 AM, gumOnShoe wrote: I do know you need to fill out all the information for the revenue sharing program.
Are you sure? I only recently joined the program but I was still able to get credit from the May contest.

I didn't have to fill out anything to receive store credit last time. I'm pretty sure it just appears on your "Store" page in the top left-hand corner.

But since Tom is in Denver right now, don't just keep F5ing your store page waiting for the credit to appear haha.

My god, you'd be F5ing nonstop for days...

BBS Signature
RapeMuffin
RapeMuffin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-25 12:30:00 Reply

Oh yeah - and congratulations to all who placed and received honorable mentions!

In terms of reading through all of the submissions, the 'Island' contest was one of my favorites.

the poetry contest...not so much

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-25 12:58:20 Reply

At 9/25/09 12:22 PM, boloneyman wrote: Coop, there will be a box that appears when you go to the store, telling you how much store credit you have. Here is a screenshot of where it appears exactly.

Cool, that'll be my Surprise that I'll check for periodically :)

Thanks for the info.

News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-29 13:27:21 Reply

At 9/25/09 12:58 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 9/25/09 12:22 PM, boloneyman wrote: Coop, there will be a box that appears when you go to the store, telling you how much store credit you have. Here is a screenshot of where it appears exactly.
Cool, that'll be my Surprise that I'll check for periodically :)

Thanks for the info.

I think one of Tom's latest newsposts explains everything. He hasn't checked pms in about 2 weeks. When he does, I'm sure everything will be updated...

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Luxury-Yacht
Luxury-Yacht
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Movie Buff
Response to Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-29 15:02:28 Reply

I pretty much assumed that there would never be a results topic at all. At least I got honorable mention.

i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i
oh no I am choking on a million dicks

BBS Signature
Peaceblossom
Peaceblossom
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Reader
Response to Mwc9: June : Omg Results 2009-09-30 22:41:26 Reply

Well, to shamelessly bump this, I'd just like to say congratulations to all who placed and were mentioned. I'm still waiting on that store credit though... I haven't bought any T-Shirts from regular stores as I was hoping to buy a couple from the NG store. I suppose I can wait a little longer as Tom is quite busy.

BBS Signature