New Topic Respond to this Topic
Paryl
Paryl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 12:52 AM Reply

Full title: Why are there so many spammers on NG?

On all other game sites there are ZERO spammers or hackers, so why are there so many on NG?

Crayzorder
Crayzorder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 12:52 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 12:52 AM, Paryl wrote: On all other game sites there are ZERO spammers or hackers, so why are there so many on NG?

Pics please

armorwarrior
armorwarrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 12:53 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 12:52 AM, Paryl wrote: Full title: Why are there so many spammers on NG?

On all other game sites there are ZERO spammers or hackers, so why are there so many on NG?

Because we have such good content?

Sig

kiljoy96
kiljoy96
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 12:53 AM Reply

Because this isn't a game site. Also, trolling/spamming is fun.

SteamID: Fetus

BBS Signature
igott
igott
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:14 AM Reply

They see me trollin'...

What a shame, Mister Jensen.
I never asked for this, Mister Denton.

Paryl
Paryl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:15 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 12:53 AM, kiljoy96 wrote: Because this isn't a game site. Also, trolling/spamming is fun.

It is a game AND flash movie site, but there's practically no other flash movie sites so it's not even worth mentioning.

At 9/13/09 12:54 AM, Xarnor wrote: Maybe it's because they always get a reaction every time they spam.

Seriously, don't post about it. It's what they want.

They're bent on destroying newgrounds, we have to fight back and get the mods and admins to do something

ThePhantomGamer
ThePhantomGamer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:15 AM Reply

Trolls maybe?

armorwarrior
armorwarrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate

At 9/13/09 01:14 AM, igott wrote: They see me trollin'...

They moddin, patrollin and tryin to catch me trollin members.

Fo shizzle

Sig

Wonderful
Wonderful
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:17 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 01:15 AM, armorwarrior wrote:

Fo shizzle

Ugh. I just died a little.

Posted from Linux. Distro may vary.

Uchumaru08
Uchumaru08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:18 AM Reply

You mean like you and this thread? i don't know...

Minecraft - IAmJim .,--,. Steam - IAmJim
Sig made by Squidbit.

BBS Signature
Paryl
Paryl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:19 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 01:16 AM, Xarnor wrote:
At 9/13/09 12:54 AM, Xarnor wrote: Maybe it's because they always get a reaction every time they spam.

Seriously, don't post about it. It's what they want.
They're bent on destroying newgrounds, we have to fight back and get the mods and admins to do something
And you think making pointless threads about it will help the mods?

look NG is getting sued because of these hackers, soon this site will be a hellhole but this thread is about why the spammers and hackers are doing this to NG so why are they??

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Gamer
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:20 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 12:52 AM, Paryl wrote: Full title: Why are there so many spammers on NG?

Obviously you don't get around much.

"A witty quote proves nothing."
~Voltaire

BBS Signature
Paryl
Paryl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:28 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 01:22 AM, Xarnor wrote:
At 9/13/09 01:19 AM, Paryl wrote: so why are they??
Because every time they do, they get to laugh at losers like you who care so much about it to make a thread just to complain about it.

I'm not complaining, I'm trying to help the site, and don't call me a loser I am just expressing my opinion and you're being a douchebag troll which isn't allowed

I think kongregate or some other sites are hiring people to spam and hack newgrounds so it will either be shut down or nobody will use it. It happens on plenty of other competing sites all the time, and I doubt anyone would be smart enough to do it and waste there time if they weren't getting paid :/

killslasher
killslasher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:33 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 01:15 AM, Paryl wrote: They're bent on destroying newgrounds, we have to fight back and get the mods and admins to do something

Yeah! We can make a difference by telling people to do what they're already doing!

armorwarrior
armorwarrior
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:35 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 01:17 AM, Wonderful wrote:
At 9/13/09 01:15 AM, armorwarrior wrote:

Fo shizzle
Ugh. I just died a little.

I know, it hurt to write, but it was all worth it to see at least one user die, even if just a little.

Sig

Im-A-Pirate
Im-A-Pirate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:36 AM Reply

No matter what people say, Newgrounds is the most famous, and best flash related website out there. Because of this, it attracts alot of people. Those generic flash game websites probably only get 100 unique visits a day where I'm sure newgrounds gets 1000+.

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent, we can attack in any direction!"

Paryl
Paryl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:37 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 01:33 AM, killslasher wrote:
At 9/13/09 01:15 AM, Paryl wrote: They're bent on destroying newgrounds, we have to fight back and get the mods and admins to do something
Yeah! We can make a difference by telling people to do what they're already doing!

what do protesters do? tell the government about problems they already know to put pressure on them to do something about it

Im-A-Pirate
Im-A-Pirate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:41 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 01:37 AM, Paryl wrote:
what do protesters do? tell the government about problems they already know to put pressure on them to do something about it

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

"Sir, we are surrounded!"
"Excellent, we can attack in any direction!"

CreateAndDestroy
CreateAndDestroy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Game Developer
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:43 AM Reply

Who's signature is that again?
It was just pure greatness... I lol everytime.

BBS Signature
Another-User
Another-User
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Sep. 13th, 2009 @ 01:45 AM Reply

At 9/13/09 01:41 AM, Im-A-Pirate wrote:
At 9/13/09 01:37 AM, Paryl wrote: what do protesters do? tell the government about problems they already know to put pressure on them to do something about it
You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

I can't believe everyone missed this bit of gold.

At 9/13/09 01:19 AM, Paryl wrote: look NG is getting sued because of these hackers, soon this site will be a hellhole but this thread is about why the spammers and hackers are doing this to NG so why are they??

So this person is getting his information of the spammers and hackers, from the spammers and hackers, as well as being filled with the delusions that Newgrounds is the only site with this problem.
I'm assuming this is a troll topic, as anybody this stupid would have long sense forgotten how to breathe.

Hello, I am Another-User, and I approve this message.
The unclickable link. O.o

BBS Signature
Paryl
Paryl
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 12:48 AM Reply

I can't believe everyone missed this bit of gold.
At 9/13/09 01:19 AM, Paryl wrote: look NG is getting sued because of these hackers, soon this site will be a hellhole but this thread is about why the spammers and hackers are doing this to NG so why are they??
So this person is getting his information of the spammers and hackers, from the spammers and hackers, as well as being filled with the delusions that Newgrounds is the only site with this problem.
I'm assuming this is a troll topic, as anybody this stupid would have long sense forgotten how to breathe.

couple months later, people are getting hacked left and right and you all still think its just some kids. they don't care about fame they are doing this for the money

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 12:51 AM Reply

Because NG is the envy of all the other flash game sites.

MorshuTheShopKeep
MorshuTheShopKeep
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 12:53 AM Reply

I think the only sites you ever visit are Newgrounds and google to make a statement like that.

psychomilkman
psychomilkman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 12:53 AM Reply

This isn't a game site though. shut up.

thelittleemo is mai butt buddy ;D
96 bitter beings
Whose Line is it anyway?

BBS Signature
HighWay
HighWay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 23
Melancholy
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:16 AM Reply

Paryl, you need to stop while your ahead, or fall too far behind.

I forgot which one I wanted to use.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature
OwnageGiy223
OwnageGiy223
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 01:25 AM Reply

You've only been on a year and act like a Newgrounds expert. It's the internet. I hate it when people say this, but you need to get out more. Not even the biggest nerd gets sad when a website he hardly ever goes to gets trolled or spammed.

Also, pic related.

You're the guy who says faggots should die, and calls black people n*ggers. Who's the troll?

Why are there so many spammers on..

Leidolfr
Leidolfr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Why are there so many spammers on.. Oct. 3rd, 2009 @ 03:32 AM Reply

well, newgrounds wanted traffic, lol, thats what comes in with traffic

[ if you want to see trolls, try omegle sometime, lmao ]